• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
A perfect puff in 20xx would probably do that.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
I mean, it's not that unreasonable. The invincibility comes out faster than the hitbox, after all, and there's little tricks such as resting out of rapid jabs and the like.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty doable for moves that careen into you. You have a four frame window to time it now so timing is much easier than it would have been in other games. Rollout is the most obvious, Egg Roll is doable, maybe BJr. cart dash, maybe MM dtilt (should shield that tho)? Peach butt? Sonic stuff if you're confident to predict it (like Homing Attack)?

Last edited:

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
Falcon's side B (and maybe Falcon kick), PKT2, Firefox/bird, Illusion a lot of moves basically.

Last edited:

NightmareQZ4

Smash Rookie
Hey I was just wondering if there are some dedicated puff players here who have way to much free time and want to lab some stuff with me and basically compile a spreadsheet of everything that can be referenced to. These things would include: Dair Utility percents, Rest setup percents, and just some other general things. If there's something like this, ignore me like the scrub I am, but I think this could be beneficial and I think it would fun to do. Just let me know if anyone's interested to help me.

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
Hey I was just wondering if there are some dedicated puff players here who have way to much free time and want to lab some stuff with me and basically compile a spreadsheet of everything that can be referenced to. These things would include: Dair Utility percents, Rest setup percents, and just some other general things. If there's something like this, ignore me like the scrub I am, but I think this could be beneficial and I think it would fun to do. Just let me know if anyone's interested to help me.
Which setups are you thinking of labbing? Like everything, like even utilt to rest?

NightmareQZ4

Smash Rookie
I don't even think Utilt to rest is a guaranteed kill on most characters, but if it is then I guess so. I also wanna lab landing Uair or rest, Dair to rest, and maybe some others if they come up.

Also shout outs to punpun :)

Last edited:

GeeHaus

Smash Cadet
It's not, ever, but it does link at 0 for a guaranteed ~50%, which is not bad if I do say so myself.

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
You actually can kill off of Utilt-> Rest, you just need to be closer to the ceiling to do it. A platform would be ideal for this, though you could also keep it in mind if you find yourself stuck on a stage with a low cieling.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
rip puff buff rip puff buff rip puff buff rip puff buff rip puff buff rip puff buff rip puff buff rip puff buff rip puff buff rip puff buff

Rest in campells noodle soup pokemon edition jesus christ RIPPPPP. Back to more grinding.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
tfw people speculate about Sakurai being more into the competitive scene lately by wanting to buff lower tier characters while Jigglypuff gets no buffs whatsoever.

What a time to be alive.

Last edited:

GeeHaus

Smash Cadet
The man may well be paralyzed by fear. It seems he wants really badly for Puff to never resemble her Melee self again.

Last edited:

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
I'm sorry to say, but Jigglypuff is probably going to be considered an official bottom tier *cries*

On the bright side I'm happy that Mewtwo got buffs he really deserved it.

EDIT: O.k I think she is probably mid-low tier I remembered how great her dash attack is especially after I won a few matches against some sword characters with it's use.

Last edited:

Funtroon

Smash Apprentice
Got top 25 spot in a 100 tournament we've had recently. I soloed Puff all the way. Hopefully I get better result the next time. There were too many missed rest opportunities because of nerves, lol.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Discord server will be having MU discussions with opposing mains soon thanks to the assembly, so PM me if you wanna join in.

Be aware that this is heavily made only for players who use Jigglypuff competitively, whether you main, second, or pocket her. I have no room for users who aren't interested in the character, nor the game.

Last edited:

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
I tracked down Dol's (the Japanese Puff who's going to G3) twitter and Vine
There's some really nice stuff there, some serious stuff and some fun with items

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Ok. As dumb this may sound, I created a Twitter account just to request Puff buffs to Sakurai. The only time I will be using it tho ^^ but I sent it via Google Translator D: Hopefully he replies, or at least acknowledges Puff. https://twitter.com/Sora_Sakurai/with_replies He doesn't answer questions, but at least I didn't do any.
That's the first time I'm using this Social Thread actually ^^ My tag is Purin, and as it demonstrates, I love playing Jigglypuff! Nice to meet you all! Edit:
Please Sakurai.png

Translation: Hello. I love your work in Smash, but could you even remember Purin (Jiggs' japanese name) exists? She's ignored. Make her better, she's the worst in the game :( ( I used Google Translator to post.)

Edit: Nobody in this subforum likes me. Well, back to lurking unsocially ^^

Last edited:

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Why are you saying no one likes you?
Also, I don't think that's a good way to do it and honestly I don't like complaining about my character needing buffs because I'm not really a Top player who can talk about that, but thanks for trying :)

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Question:

If Sakurai saw that Jigglypuff actually needed buffs, why didn't he do it in the first patch? Or the second? Or third? I mean, you can ask for some frame data buffs or more range (lol) but that's kinda it tbh. Jigglypuff may actually be cursed for the rest of sm4sh and maybe get the same treatment in smash 5. After all buffs needed to be handled carefully. Maybe he thought the rest buff was good enough. Buffing Jigglypuff's signature move sounds like a great idea, would make her more unique to the cast. Maybe we should accept the fact that Puff won't get buffed and move her meta up?

You shouldn't think down on yourself like that. After all Smashboards isn't a popularity contest.

Chin up~ :happysheep:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Sakurai probably doesn't think that Puff needs a boost. After all, he's balancing for the casual crowd and the game as a whole, and she's probably not in any particular trouble outside of 1v1.

I mean, look at the doubles meta. Puff will always shine there, it's a game mode that just meshes well with her design as a fighter.

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
But in FFA she's way more poopy because 1) she's light, 2) too many hitboxes everywhere to realistically weave, and 3) Rest is almost always a bad idea since you'll often get a full punish :c

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
In FFA she's more like a punching bag that dies at 20% tbh

She's pretty good in teams though

Purin a.k.a. José

Smash Lord
NNID
purinsmash
3DS FC
1418-7121-0144
Ya know, maybe I'm just the bad player here. I regret sending this message now since he probably will ignore it :facepalm:
Jiggs will stay the way she is. If only she was a hidden sleeper (no pun intended) like the Icies used to be in Melee. Welp, it seems she is destined to be a joke character. GG and bye

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
I would actually say that Puff is better than a lot of characters in FFA if you play lame like she usually does. Most people can't really do much to stop you from just floating around and stalling people out, and if somebody gets tossed offstage I've found you can usually get a nice edgeguard to steal somebody else's kill.

Plus, if stock is involved you're probably just going to win. 3v1 isn't going to work very well unless they have absurd team awareness, not to mention that you probably already have a head-start on them if they're actively trying to hunt you down. Going off of that, nobody's going to do jack to you in 8-player smash :p

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
Ya know, maybe I'm just the bad player here. I regret sending this message now since he probably will ignore it :facepalm:
Jiggs will stay the way she is. If only she was a hidden sleeper (no pun intended) like the Icies used to be in Melee. Welp, it seems she is destined to be a joke character. GG and bye
NO! We have to fight for Jiggly! If we're not getting buffed that's fine! But let's not let this character become a joke. Only we can evolve the meta. Only we can make people look at Jigglypuff.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Ayyyy 2016 is here guys~

Happy new year to y'all and hope for the best in 2016!~ :happysheep:

Oh and Jiggly Jiggly you have great taste in Puff alts:happysheep:

JigglypuffHeadPinkSSB4-U.png

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I started off my new years right, a doubles match with 4 rest kills.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
Happy 2016! Here's hoping Puff actually gets *something* this year. Please Sakurai. Please...

Top Bottom