• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
seriously though, it's ridiculous that puff hasn't been changed at all. she had 1 glitch with rollout removed and that's IT.

Last edited:

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Don't forget about the totally cool shield changes that makes it 10x scarier to shield now :secretkpop:

D

Deleted member

Hey, 'least you guys got some sort of buff. Dedede got a ton of nerfs first patch for no reason. ;-;

jigglesthepuff

Smash Apprentice
Hey, 'least you guys got some sort of buff. Dedede got a ton of nerfs first patch for no reason. ;-;
i can't even play dedede in this game anyway. i can do well with him in brawl/pm but i just can't use him now.

Don't forget about the totally cool shield changes that makes it 10x scarier to shield now :secretkpop:
they can still act out of shield really quickly. maybe the shield damage on pound could get buffed?

Last edited:

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
So apprantatly a worker for Nintendo or Namco (Don't know which one) just said that NX will have Smash Bros. as a laucnhing title. IDK if it will be an upgraded version of Smash 4 or an entire new game, but either way, what changes do you guys wanna see in this potential new game?

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I suspect it to be a port of Smash 4. They already have it for two different systems as it is.

CHOVI

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CHOVI3
3DS FC
3566-1571-6130
So apprantatly a worker for Nintendo or Namco (Don't know which one) just said that NX will have Smash Bros. as a laucnhing title. IDK if it will be an upgraded version of Smash 4 or an entire new game, but either way, what changes do you guys wanna see in this potential new game?
A buff for Jigglypuff.
And if there's more characters in the game, I want Lloyd Irving, Phoenix Wright, Isabelle, and Viridi.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
i can't even play dedede in this game anyway. i can do well with him in brawl/pm but i just can't use him now.

they can still act out of shield really quickly. maybe the shield damage on pound could get buffed?
Getting some extra shield damage on Pound would be nice, but if you really pay attention to it the damage it already does may surprise you. For now, keep an eye on your shield pressure- two aerials is basically enough to get theirs within Pound's breaking point, so if you're good about it you can keep them on edge pretty nicely.

As far as ways to do this go... switch around with Bair and Fair for pressure in most matchups, unless it's somebody that can't punish Fair on shield. Fair is still decently safe when spaced and they should have a tough time punishing it on reaction. Advancing fullhop Dair tacks on a lot of shield damage (to the point where a straight Pound from there can break a shield, which is a pretty nice mixup), completely nullifies shieldgrab as a punish and is pretty good on shield in general. Retreating Nair is safe on shield if you sweetspot it, making it a pretty nice escape option if they're right on top of you.

I've been getting a lot of use from Jab 1-> Nair lately, pretty safe and effective way to tack on shield damage, and Jab 1-> Pound may be an option as well if you can condition them to shield Nair (haven't tested it out myself yet, though, should try and apply that sometime... Pound also beats out spotdodge, which would be their only feasible option for trying to punish Nair, so that's handy dandy). Going off of that... Jab 1 -> Dair? Might be another mixup with Nair for some extra shield pressure, plus you could maybe use it to catch rolls. More escapable than Nair, though... this stuff is actually pretty interesting to think about, I might put a bit more thought into this.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
:4ryu::Master! Master!
:4metaknight::It is too late...It's...
:4ryu::No!
:4metaknight::Ryu promise... promise me you'll train the girl...
:4ryu::Yes, Master...
:4metaknight::She is the chosen one...She will...Bring balance...Train her

And that's the story of how Darth Jigglypuff started

RDR7

Smash Cadet

The power ranking graphic is finally finished. Planning to go higher than I already am for next season. ;) With my placement at salt in the city (3rd place going game 5 with eldin last stock last hit) taking a SET off of rango and tanking some hefty sets I'm feeling confident. I'll post my set with rango when its on youtube. Pulled an hbox pop off.

Last edited:

TealPlatypus

Smash Cadet
it's ok, guys.
jigglypuff isn't really that bad. she was only put in J tier because it's the letter her name begins with.

please buff me

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
"Rest's hitbox is too big, especially compared to moves like Finishing Touch and KO Punch.. let's make the hitbox for it inside Jigglypuff!"
Her side smash is too powerful for a character made to be in the air. KBG 115->50
Since she is a balloon ANY attack with a slicing/cutting/crushing effect should instantly kill her off the top regardless of her shield.
Lower jumps because balloons gently float upwards very slowly

Furret24

Smash Master
"Rest's hitbox is too big, especially compared to moves like Finishing Touch and KO Punch.. let's make the hitbox for it inside Jigglypuff!"
"Rest is too strong...let's make it deal no damage or knockback at all, just like in the Pokemon games!"

Last edited:

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
WE'VE BEEN :124:ED SINCE THE BEGINNING! WHY ELSE WOULD SAKURAI NEGLECT US FOR SO LONG?

Typing in caps is fun.
I WAS STARTING TO FIND IT QUITE :043: THAT WE WERE BEING IGNORED FOR SO LONG! WHY MUST WE JUMP OVER SO MANY :007:'S JUST TO REMAIN RELEVENT!? I hope we can just finally :251:-rate some buffs tomorrow. :pimp:or nerfs

GeeHaus

Smash Cadet
Alright, fellow Puff mains. The time has come. Everyone join hands and hum along if you don't know the words.

Kum ba ya, Sakurai, kum ba ya;
Kum ba ya, Sakurai, kum ba ya,
Sakurai, kum ba ya.

We need buffs, Sakurai, kum ba ya;
We need buffs, Sakurai, kum ba ya,
Sakurai, kum ba ya.

Thank you.

D

Deleted member

Alright, fellow Puff mains. The time has come. Everyone join hands and hum along if you don't know the words.

Kum ba ya, Sakurai, kum ba ya,
Sakurai, kum ba ya.

We need buffs, Sakurai, kum ba ya,
Sakurai, kum ba ya.

Thank you.
This is why the Puff boards are one of my favorites tbh

Hoping you guys get something today, seriously. You've been waiting for far too long.

Top Bottom