• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

D

Deleted member

On another topic... has BrianYDG dropped Jigglypuff? It seems like he plays :4charizard: and :4fox: these days.

Furret24

Smash Master
If Puff gets buffed...

Though, to be honest, I'd nerf Jigglypuff if it meant :4gaw: getting buffs.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
D

Deleted member

Lmao 9:30 isn't even afternoon
Nintendo of America is based in Washington, and that's 6:30 PM for them in PST. So, it make sense in that perspective kinda... even if 6:30 is still the evening.

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
I think a dataminer confirmed that there were only changes for a select few of characters and Jiggs wasn't one of them. :(

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
:facepalm:
Nintendo. Nintendo. Nintendo. C'mon Nintendo!
This is becoming slightly irritating. I mean it already was, but even more so now.
At this point I would almost welcome a nerf. At least then it would show that they remembered Puff was in the game!
They need to help support their vets :jigglypuff64:->:jigglypuffmelee:->:jigglypuff:->:174:

RDR7

Smash Cadet
So no buffs today. Now I shall proceed to take two scalpels and stab them both in my eyes. EDIT: I also want to let you depressed puff mains know to cheer up and keep playing on. We CAN! (cringes) Anyway the puff discord is setting up a Jigglypuff community combo video! If any of you want in on this add Koji and send him your good puff replays. Play on.

Last edited:

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
So no buffs today. Now I shall proceed to take two scalpels and stab them both in my eyes. EDIT: I also want to let you depressed puff mains know to cheer up and keep playing on. We CAN! (cringes) Anyway the puff discord is setting up a Jigglypuff community combo video! If any of you want in on this add Koji and send him your good puff replays. Play on.
To add on to this
My NNID is Afrooooo
If you upload the replay to youtube by yourself, please turn off in-game music, but not sound effects and voices.

Furret24

Smash Master
No Puff buffs. :(

No Game and Watch buffs. :(

No Duck Hunt buffs. :(

No Yoshi buffs. :(

This was probably the driest patch yet. None of my characters (or Jigglypuff) got any changes. Only Marth (and Lucina) got any major buffs.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Why?

I'm curious, as i've never played Uprising before.
In short; it's full of plot holes (a lot of stuff that happens just happens for the sake of having more gameplay, which is commendable, but could be structured a lot better), things happen without any explanation, a lot of "humor" comes from referencing Nintendos own IPs in the most unsubtle way possible and a lot of the characterisation is fairly shallow and makes them seem obnoxious.

If you strip the game of it's writing, it's great! The voiceacting itself is also very good.
It's just the overall writing that really drives me away from the game. Pit is super obnoxious and quite frankly a memelord (in Fox' codec he shouts "DO A BARREL ROLL!!" for the sake of a meme, there's nothing that lead into that "joke", no punchline, he just shouts it because memes).

I am, however, quite outnumbered in my opinion. Many people praise KI:U for it's story.

Wintermelon43

Smash Champion
He loves Dark Pit more now.

Which I suppose makes sense, since he's no longer in charge of the Kirby series.
Meta Knight has been top tier for two games now, and Kirby got like a billion buffs. He only hates King Dedede (At least for the Kirby series)

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Just wanted to say: I pray Jiggles gets a buff patch just like Bowser and Mewtwo. I was playing her earlier today and realized how awesome and fun she is. I then looked here to see the dissappointed posts of her being ignored yet again.

Hopefully patches will still come in despite the nay sayers and Jiggles will get her time to shine. If so expect another Jigglypuff to join the group shortly after. :039:

Last edited:

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
Really.png

Whoever made the decision to put Jigglypuff first on the patch notes header has a really sick sense of humor...

Seriously, if, whoever you are, happen to be here, this kind of stuff really gets people's hopes up, for the love of Arceus, do not put a character that people anxiously want buffs for as the first character if they didn't actually get anything, otherwise it just seems like your actually trying to make people salty. If you didn't know she wasn't buffed beforehand, and just saw that header, you'd probably assume she got buffs, and probably end up very disappointed.
(I bet five dollars getting people mad was the goal of it though)

Last edited:
Top Bottom