• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Here's some interesting information if you like to use equipment...

If Jigglypuff has +200 speed, it'll be able to walk faster than default Diddy Kong, but default Villager can still outrun its walk speed. As for Jigglypuff's run speed, at +200 speed, it would only run slower than default Captain Falcon and default Sonic.

Furret24

Smash Master
I dont use his Dair much. Believe it or not, my main moves are Side B, Down B, Bair, and Jabs.
Use more nair, fair, uair, and fsmash, especially nair. Puff's aerials are great and fsmash is her only good grounded kill move (excluding Rest, but that's not limited to the ground).
:162:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Use more nair, fair, uair, and fsmash, especially nair. Puff's aerials are great and fsmash is her only good grounded kill move (excluding Rest, but that's not limited to the ground).
Don't use up air. Other than that, agreed.

I think neutral air is her best move personally. Great damage, lingering hitbox, breaks combos, it has little landing lag, it slices and it dices. The fact that it kills is a bonus, too.
And I like the face she makes...

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Dash Attack is also a good choice... when fresh. It's usually going to be staked, though, so it's not as great.

Utilt and Usmash aren't spectacular but they're not actually that abysmal either. It kinda sucks against heavies/fastfallers and it doesn't have a hitbox in front of her, but besides that it's a nice and silly way to cheese stocks (legit my favorite move in puff, even though it's not her best). Usmash is basically Mario's if it was slower and crappier, but all the same the endlag is surprisingly low to the point where you can even use it for baits.

So, uh... yeah you're pretty much right on that one :/

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Don't use up air. Other than that, agreed.

I think neutral air is her best move personally. Great damage, lingering hitbox, breaks combos, it has little landing lag, it slices and it dices. The fact that it kills is a bonus, too.
And I like the face she makes...
I used to think uair wasnt very good, but @KingChing changed my mind, he utilizes uair more than most of his other aerials, and he's the best puff in Hawaii.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I used to think uair wasnt very good, but @KingChing changed my mind, he utilizes uair more than most of his other aerials, and he's the best puff in Hawaii.
I suppose it's good for a surprise KO move, but I find it too slow to be of any use beyond that and maybe to cover yourself from an aerial attack.

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
I suppose it's good for a surprise KO move, but I find it too slow to be of any use beyond that and maybe to cover yourself from an aerial attack.
it isnt that slow, it is just long lasting. The reason it is good is bc it is puffs only disjointed aerial, and it has decent range. Its good for spacing, not as a "suprise ko"

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
it isnt that slow, it is just long lasting. The reason it is good is bc it is puffs only disjointed aerial, and it has decent range. Its good for spacing, not as a "suprise ko"
But if I wanted to space I would use back air or neutral air since they have more horizontal range and because the former is safer on shield. What reason would I have to use up air over the two aforementioned ones?

Jiggly

NNID
Jiggly101
But if I wanted to space I would use back air or neutral air since they have more horizontal range and because the former is safer on shield. What reason would I have to use up air over the two aforementioned ones?
bc the opponent is above you. You can play a playstyle where you edge them above you the whole time, and you can use that playstyle. Its just that most people play very linearly, and thats why nair fair and bair are more used.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
bc the opponent is above you. You can play a playstyle where you edge them above you the whole time, and you can use that playstyle. Its just that most people play very linearly, and thats why nair fair and bair are more used.
I see. Even so, I don't really find my opponents above me, unless I throw them. I think I'll stick with linearity. It's worked for me so far.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
The reason it is good is bc it is puffs only disjointed aerial, and it has decent range.
I thought that Bair and Dair both had disjoint?

I can also can tell you pretty easily that Uair doesn't have good range at all, at least not vertically.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
With what sparked in the Discord Chat recently.....

If you can, I encourage everyone to assist him in the Jigglypuff Server and on smashboards.

Last edited:

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff's ground game is, indeed, not as bad to consider as people make it sound... If someone only sticks to the air, they're missing a good portion of options, it seems to me.

Edit: Nevermind about the frame data question; just going to find out on my own since this probably isn't the right place anyway.

Last edited:

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
Funniest thing is, I threw the video on reddit for **** n giggles and peeps thought I was a smash 4 hater and told me to "leave the community" xD
Reddit doesn't understand puff satire. My rollout tech video also got hated on (((((:::::

Your video is amazing though.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
Reddit doesn't understand puff satire. My rollout tech video also got hated on (((((:::::

Your video is amazing though.
lol thanks man. I'm curious about your video now lol! And yeah the dislike bar is half and half thanks to them top kek not that I care that much.

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
Redditor said:
If it's only useful in FFAs on illegal stages, then how is it groundbreaking? I don't even touch rollout when I play as Jiggs.
I've found a use for it on some tourney legal stages though c:

I love rollout

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
I've found a use for it on some tourney legal stages though c:

I love rollout
And I thought I was dense. Well, I am, but at least I was able to see the humour in your video right away (legitimately made me LOL; really enjoyed it). You made it pretty obvious that you were being playful. xP Ah well.

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
Bair has no disjoint at all, it's pretty ****ty range. Uair is actually pretty disjointed. Dair isnt really that disjointed.
I am aware dair has like no range, just thought I'd mention it's still disjointed.

I'm actually pretty surprised about Bair, though, I'd been hearing that one having disjoint for a while. Guess it was just the animation fooling some people or something weird like that.
With what sparked in the Discord Chat recently.....

If you can, I encourage everyone to assist him in the Jigglypuff Server and on smashboards.
I didn't see any DI from Fox or Sheik in that video, though could just be me. Utilt-> Rest shouldn't really be guarenteed at kill percents without a platform, so if there actually wasn't any involved you might wanna get factor that in and find some way of checking whether it's guarenteed (preferably something that isn't the combo meter, I've gotten some more faith in it recently but I'm still wary of it when looking for specifics).

Last edited:

drakeirving

Smash Journeyman
It's still guaranteed as long as you follow DI. It's been a recent subject in the Discord but hasn't been mentioned much here somehow.

(Regardless it's a silly combo that would never happen so feasibility was never really a point.)

Last edited:

Codaption

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3454-1643-6973
It's still guaranteed as long as you follow DI. It's been a recent subject in the Discord but hasn't been mentioned much here somehow.

(Regardless it's a silly combo that would never happen so feasibility was never really a point.)
I didn't mean di in order to escape the combo, I meant di in order to survive Rest longer.
If I had a dollar.
I... what?

???

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
It's funny that people have actually gotten used to misspelling it.
He's referring to how you spelled Sheik wrong. Since people misspell her name wrong a lot...
Technically, if they're misspelling it wrong, they're spelling it right.

Furret24

Smash Master
It's funny that people have actually gotten used to misspelling it.

Technically, if they're misspelling it wrong, they're spelling it right.
I'm amazed I didn't catch that.

You know, this reminds of when Doc Louis said: "You ain't no air fighter, Mac!", which means he's technically saying Little Mac is an air fighter.

Top Bottom