• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
I knew a bit of salt would bring all of us back.

Might as well call me the salt shaman from now on people.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Wait, what, really? I will try not to get my hopes up... Thanks for letting us know (I knew about the maintenance for Wii U in general, but not this).

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Aw man, I just tried playing online (in spite of always telling myself I'm never going to bother again), and between the usual lag and problems with my ISP like you wouldn't believe (there's nothing I can do about it), it was so bad. :( It was like trying to watch a constantly buffering video. LOL Wish more people played around here.

Anyway, hope you're all still going strong. :)

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Aw man, I just tried playing online (in spite of always telling myself I'm never going to bother again), and between the usual lag and problems with my ISP like you wouldn't believe (there's nothing I can do about it), it was so bad. :( It was like trying to watch a constantly buffering video. LOL Wish more people played around here.

Anyway, hope you're all still going strong. :)
I still play on For Glory every once in a while, I used to go on whenever there was even just 1 spare minute of time, but due to all of the ***holes online I go on less frequently.

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Right? That's definitely another factor... Half (if not more) of the players online seem to want a tag battle more than an actual Smash match. Some seem to thrive on encountering that kind of disappointing immaturity (Wish I could!), and it can be entertaining watching how some of those individuals react to the situation, but I just find it a waste of time and energy, spoiling the point of the game regardless of whether it's casual or serious play.

Stickmanlolz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lolaldenlee
Switch FC
SW-1694-6309-5598
Right? That's definitely another factor... Half (if not more) of the players online seem to want a tag battle more than an actual Smash match. Some seem to thrive on encountering that kind of disappointing immaturity (Wish I could!), and it can be entertaining watching how some of those individuals react to the situation, but I just find it a waste of time and energy, spoiling the point of the game regardless of whether it's casual or serious play.
I once went online because I just felt like playing as Ike(Note:I'm terrible with Ike) and encountered a lil mac. He was very obviously baiting me into becoming angry, taunting mid-match, crouch spamming, always going for foot-stools, taking forever on both the results screen and the CSS, but I just wanted to play as Ike so he didn't really anger me, as much as it slightly annoyed/bored me while waiting for them to stop showing off and just kill me. :tired:

Last edited:

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
First Jigglypuff Community Montage is out!

Check out the Jigglypuff Montage thread to get involved and submit for the next one!!!

Sorry for not posting here much lately, I dont have wifi :(

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Great job! Love it!

Was wondering what happened to you; glad to know you didn't SD off the ledge of the Earth. ;D

Edit: By the way, meant to say I'm super honoured to be in there with you guys. Also, it looks like it has at least one dislike and some silly comments already; you can't have a successful montage without those! LOL

Last edited:

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
B-but... The Earth isn't flat?! This whole time the answer lay in Jigglypuff's roundness, but I was blinded by Final D...

Last edited:

BrianYDG

Smash Cadet
On another topic... has BrianYDG dropped Jigglypuff? It seems like he plays :4charizard: and :4fox: these days.
Late reply lol
I definitely did stop using her for awhile but I have started using her again in primarily doubles. The current meta in singles is very space heavy so idk! I'm looking into singles again but not sure. Zard is my comfort pick in singles but I do keep Jiggs around at all times.

https://youtu.be/e30bA3UzIP0 This was 7/23/16 - first time using her since probably Feb. Going to probably use this team at Smash Con. https://twitter.com/BrianYDG/status/758162031639945222

epicnights

Smash Apprentice
NNID
epicnights
I just came here to say that your character is crazy. Second highest air speed, top 15 air acceleration, second highest air deacceleration, third highest air friction, second highest traction, and rest hitting OoS on frame 8. This character is an out of shield monster, and I know that one day she'll make a splash in this game's meta.

Koiba

코이바 ❤
NNID
SprinkledKittens
3DS FC
4055-7129-2437
Playing Jigglypuff feels like you're doing tightrope walking on the surface of the sun

You look flashy and feel flashy when you finish it, but you're most likely gonna die

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Yo Kojii Kojii were you the one who whooped me on FG today? If so, can you tell me some of the things I was doing wrong with Puff (outside of dropping combos that is... I'm rusty)? Btw your Charizard is scary... if that was you of course.

Last edited:

Kojii

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Afrooooo
3DS FC
1650-1652-7604
Yo Kojii Kojii were you the one who whooped me on FG today? If so, can you tell me some of the things I was doing wrong with Puff (outside of dropping combos that is... I'm rusty)? Btw your Charizard is scary... if that was you of course.
Lol, that wasn't me.

Fephoenix

Smash Cadet
According to all known laws of Sm4sh, there is no way a Jigglypuff should not have more buffs. It's ground speed is too slow and it's aerial attacks too short. The Jigglypuff, however, goes unbuffed, because Sakurai doesn't care what the fans think.

:p

Last edited:

TipO'TheMorning

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3308-5047-5155
is anyone else disappointed when you try to shield break jigglypuff but you get a normal KO instead

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
I'm disappointed when people go to great effort trying to break my shield only to get rest KO'd instead. :/

Last edited:

SaltySpud

Smash Rookie
I somehow am the best and the worst rest user.
I can run up to someone unscathed and rest, giving them a star KO.
BUT
Sing right next to someone, then rest, but somehow miss and get side smashed off the screen.

What the spud Nin?

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
Has happened to the best of us. :p Some characters have odd hurtboxes when they're asleep (Sheik in particular was an issue in the beginning for me if I actually pulled off a sing). I find the most consistent way of getting a rest after sing is walking against the opponent and then resting if you have the time to do so, but depending on the character and whether they're facing you, or their backs are turned toward you, it can definitely vary as to how close you have to be to make it work.

Last edited:

KniteBlargh

Smash Journeyman
I heard about that! I haven't watched just yet, but looking forward to it. Jigglypuff definitely provided some of the funnier moments in the original anime.

Also, that merch is strong.

origamiscienceguy

Smash Apprentice
Are there any jigglypuff headphones out there? Just pink headphones with her ears on the top? I don't plan on buying them, but I bet it would look super adorable on the right people.

origamiscienceguy

Smash Apprentice
I won my first real set at a local. (not against some random kid) I beat his Rosa game one, he won game two with mario, then I beat his mario game 3.

During game two, he got a jank kill with up-B, but game three, he tried again and missed, and got rested at 0% :psycho:

Top Bottom