• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Moveset Discussion: Fair

Metatitan

Smash Master
Sry mines not as fancy as alex's was but we need to continue these so i thought we'd start with fair (since weve done her smashes, tilts, ground game, and nair)

Veril

Frame Savant
KO% for this move would be good to have as it is her BEST move for KOing most of the cast.

the conventional wisdom is that staling this move is really bad. For the most part I agree. I'd say there are a few exceptions though. I use my aerials about equally when playing against Bowser (who I nearly always KO with rest) and the furries (who I gimp primarily).

Metatitan

Smash Master
if only jiggs had a really good finisher, then we could stale fair all we want. fair is actually a really good move that would be perfect to use in your air game if u didnt need it to kill so bad....

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Useful move is useful.

Uses for useful move:
-Kill move
-Fast and easy to land
-Great for momentum cancel
-Good gimp when sour spotted
-Best spacer jigglypuff has as far as I know.
-Stage spike potential (b-air is better)
-Big hitbox
-Retreated f-air <3
-Lasts fairly long (lol f-air-ly long)

Weaknesses for useful move:
-Somewhat laggy ending
-Some lag during landing
-Easy to get stale with (:mad:)
-Leaves you very open from behind (regardless of DI)
-Does NOT shoot fire balls :(

SexTornado

Smash Journeyman
This is quite possibly her best move after sing. The only problem is that you need to keep it fresh for kills.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Sry mines not as fancy as alex's was but we need to continue these so i thought we'd start with fair (since weve done her smashes, tilts, ground game, and nair)
I really, really resent the fact it needs to be sweetspotted to have max knockback. I like Peach's f-air better, true it doesn't have as much knockback but you never have to worry about sweet spotting it.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Torna was obviously being sarcastic. Really, guys? ;[

To be on topic...I totally love fair. IMO, it's Jiggs' saving grace. Or, one of them.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
u can for like the first 50% of a stock. after that id try and not use it at all until u need a kill
...I think this is the first time I agree with you. Fair has more knock back, so earlier in a stock it's easier to chain. Switched to bair at around 50% gives each bair the full 12% to rack up more damage.

Metatitan

Smash Master
id still prefer not to stale fair if i didnt have to, normally id probly stop using it after 30% just because its so annoying not being able to kill someone

SDC

Smash Lord
fair is awesome, but when i accidentally stale it is when i get problems, because i start hitting people around 150+ damages and they dont die, lol once my brother got up to 200 % and i killed him with pound through the top of the ceiling. but yeah im getting better with that. nair is nice because u can usually follow it up with a nice dash grab. certain opponents (as veril said, against bowser) i use fair more because i can gimp them easier, or other moves get easy kills on them (rollout, f-smash, u-smash maybe, i still haven't gotten down rest enough reliably yet. need to practice more) but as i said its very character specific.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
it autocancels...
True and false.

It has redused landing lag due to the auto cancel, but its still not lagless.
(The lag it does have when you land is very little, so your right, not enough lag to be called lag)

And it has a laggy ending IN THE AIR. There are quite a few frames between the last hitbox frame and another move. Say, if you used rest frame perfect after a f-air, the space between the last hitbox frame of f-air and rest's startup frame is very punishable.

You probobly misunderstood the lag between moves, but think of it as the reason we space our f-airs. It's like Mk's u-air (tooo fast) and Marf's d-air (tooo slow). Marth's d-air has the most aireal lag I have ever seen. you fall for almost a second before you can do anything else. MK's u-air chain can be done many times on one second.

Top Bottom