• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Matchup #10: Wolf

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
I like the idea of multiple.

Wolf is a *****, though. His laser is too good. He's not so hard though, and semi-easily gimpable. Just watch out for the side-b spike if he's getting back on stage. o:

PND

Smash Champion
Nair wrecks him off stage. Watch out for his bair and autocanceled fair, like, really watchout for them. The laser isn't that useful, shine can screw us up in a pinch. He *should* have trouble hitting downsmash and forward smash on you, provided you're spacing yourself well enough, limiting his kills somewhat.

55-45 to 60-40 Wolf advantage.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Nair wrecks him off stage. Watch out for his bair and autocanceled fair, like, really watchout for them. The laser isn't that useful, shine can screw us up in a pinch. He *should* have trouble hitting downsmash and forward smash on you, provided you're spacing yourself well enough, limiting his kills somewhat.

55-45 to 60-40 Wolf advantage.
I originally thought this but then the Wolf boards taught me something. Its 70-30 wolf. His B-side is too variable. If we can force him to B-up, he's dead, but other than that, he is getting back. He can cancel his illusion in 3 different places so we can't anticipate where he will be. If he's going straight we are too high, if he cancels it early so he barely moves but grabs the ledge we are done, and if he goes mid way we are likewise going to have difficulty.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
Get him offstage and **** him with Nair :)

Be carefull though... his Backairs and Lazers are just Extremely annyoing... 40-60 Wolf's favor

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Really? I always have great difficulty getting past the laser. Maybe that's just fault of my own. And, he can get a semi-decent combo off his shine -> fsmash.

PND

Smash Champion
Hold the edge and react from there. Limit his options and be prepared to nair. Don't let him get close enough to scar.

I used to secondary Wolf, I know his canceling tricks.

Here's how to get past laser: be in the air. If he shoots it after your bair as you're landing, you can shield it easily. Usually you have time to jump the laser and hit him, we're really fast in the air.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I'm gonna bring this to you from a Wolf's perspective. His shine ***** against someone with no truly disjointed hitboxes. Sound like Jigglypuff? Now that is hard as hell to overcome. His bair is likewise too good.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
You guys seem to have this already. Shine is helpful because jigglypuff lacks disjoints, and wolf sorta mauls her onstage already. Our aerials outrange yours, but pound would probably do decent enough. Lasers shouldn't be too hard to avoid, you should be airborne anyways, and there is significant cooldown on that move. Your best chance is to gimp **** wolf like crazy offstage, cancelling sideB doesn't help as much as you guys seem to think. Lagless fair can kill at moderate %s, it's the main way I get my kills in this matchup. 60:40 sounds about right to me.

Also, shine doesn't combo into fsmash. Shield any stupid fsmashs the wolf throws out and punish him for it. And if you expect a shine, just shield or spotdodge, it has a decent amount of lag as well.

:059:

Veril

Frame Savant
I hate this matchup. But...

You can rest through wolf's forward smash. Or you can steal his fur suit. He's powerless without it. Furry b******.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
I say 60-40 as well, partially because of wolf's lame super cancel powers, but I think its reasonable at 60-40 cause pound's hitbox lasts long enough to punish it as soon as he starts it. Also just hit him before he can do so and plank him a bit to coax an Up-b

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
Wolf's Bair is too good. Don't get smashed. Um, shine is pretty annoying. Watch out for the occasional boost smash, as it'll **** airdodges.

65/35 wolf.

Icy-Flood

Smash Cadet
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I Love this topic, im not going to say
anything becuase in about a week or so me who Mains Wolf and my cousin
Zen who mains Jigglypuff are putting up a whole lotta matches
of these two characters, not just these two cause we do use more than 1 character but
we'll be putting up Wolf vs. Jigglypuff spcifically for this topic Ya HearD Me!!!!!!

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
You can rest through wolf's forward smash.
Or his up-b for insta-lulz xD but you probably already knew that.

35-65 Wolf because bair, laser, and side-b are bad for Jiggz :S He can kill you at pretty low %'s and his laser makes it difficult to approach. Shines are kinda bad also I guess but I haven't encountered that much problems with it yet. His side-b is probably impossible to actually gimp gaaah.

Glick

Smash Lord
Or his up-b for insta-lulz xD but you probably already knew that.

35-65 Wolf because bair, laser, and side-b are bad for Jiggz :S He can kill you at pretty low %'s and his laser makes it difficult to approach. Shines are kinda bad also I guess but I haven't encountered that much problems with it yet. His side-b is probably impossible to actually gimp gaaah.
Gimping his side b is so easy. its like all the other fur ******s side b's. Just dair/nair them out of it.

PND

Smash Champion
Firstly: Lazer isn't that bad, you shouldn't really be close enough to the ground for it to be an issue
Secondly: **** that bair.
Thirdly: Learning Wolf's recovery options goes a long way to being able to gimp him. You have to intercept him and limit his options. Don't go too far after him, you need to be able to grab the ledge / pop on stage at all times. Learn the sweetspot range, and learn the trajectories of the uncanceled and the canceled varieties. If he has to Up B, he shouldn't be able to get back to the level. Nuff said.
Fourthly: Shine is his biggest asset in this match. I haven't played shine perfect Wolfs, but it is really annoying to get past. Shine is the only reason I can see this match going past 60-40 Wolf. ONLY reason.

Glick

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure for some reason dair to grab is a true combo vs wolf. I don't know why but my friends can't escape it with him.

PND

Smash Champion
Wolf falls really strangely, it has something to do with his weight and fall speed. I've done weird things that shouldn't work against him.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
A lot harder than the falco matchup. You can't duck under his lazers, he'll stab you with the bayonet on his gun and try to space you. His F-smash is quick, annoying, but it could be sick teched very easily, but with quick timing and not much DI.

B-air is quck and strong like sonic's, except it dosn't have the starting frames and starts up quick.

Aireal gimps against him are difficult at times, and simple at others, because he moves very fast when recovering, but fails easily when missing the ledge sweetspot with his side-b and up-b.

60:40 in wolf's favor. I am very annoyed by his lazers because it almost forces you to jump overhead which is a place jigglypuff does not want to be. His side-b and u-air can punish you from this position.

Firstly: Lazer isn't that bad, you shouldn't really be close enough to the ground for it to be an issue.
I for one hate the lazer. He will usualy short hop it when you are in this spot and try to stab you with the bayonet. The best approach I can think of is using a dash canceled sheild as you get close to him. Then try to force him into the air. He also has a problem with defenting himself above an opponent.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Well, of course Jiggly has an advantage in the air. If you can stay out of his fsmash hitbox, you should be fine.

The blaster honestly isn't a problem, the endlag gives you enough time to air-dodge and stuff a nair in his face. Because chances are, as soon as he lands from the SH, he won't automatically shield. He'll either charge to follow up, or stand still.

Just keep him offstage, preferably below the stage, he fastfalls, so the end of his recovery is about as far as he's getting. If you can manage a wall of pain, just edgehog. No need to be too fancy.

In my crazy opinion, this is actually a Jiggs advantage. 55:45.

Fsmash doesn't kill that early, so he's forced to resort to bair as a primary move. So for that, I imagine it would be even, 50:50. But in no way will I agree that this is a Wolf advantage, until I read more on the subject.

Veril

Frame Savant
Okay, one of the attacks I actually was unsure about interrupting was wolf's jab combo.

I interrupted it in a match today. Huzzah. I'm gonna start keeping track of the Wolf moves I've interrupted.

So Far:
- Jab combo (between the first and second hit)
- F-smash (if the first hit connects)
- n-air

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
it's probably possible to interrupt rest his upb. like, if he uses it on stage to go sideways.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
it's probably possible to interrupt rest his upb. like, if he uses it on stage to go sideways.

You sure? The only move I could see doing that is dair and nair.

Up-b into a rest would be hilarious stuff, great for a combo video.

PND

Smash Champion
You shouldn't be close enough for the claw on his gun to hit you. And it's not Jiggs advantage, it's just not THAT bad of a matchup. Shine and bair alone make it Wolf's favor.

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
You sure? The only move I could see doing that is dair and nair.

Up-b into a rest would be hilarious stuff, great for a combo video.
I've naired out of it and such so I wouldn't see why not. Right at the end of it the little barrage stops for a moment and then he does the knockback kick. At least, that's what my memory is telling me. :o

rinoH

Smash Lord
all wolfs got to do is use bair excessively and spam lasers and he'll win and watch out for his edge game tricks with his side-b

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Whenever I shine someone as Wolf, they usually roll away from me. In that case, I would use the laser. If they just shield, I dash grab them. The same applies to the down throw.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I Love this topic, im not going to say
anything becuase in about a week or so me who Mains Wolf and my cousin
Zen who mains Jigglypuff are putting up a whole lotta matches
of these two characters, not just these two cause we do use more than 1 character but
we'll be putting up Wolf vs. Jigglypuff spcifically for this topic Ya HearD Me!!!!!!

Uhh I had nothing to do with this just to let you know. ._.

But yeah this is the match up I probably know most about.
Main thing I can say is rollout is useless of coarse from shine and Lasers.
Stage I would Ban Yoshi Island... Wolfs Down Smash *****.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion

Uhh I had nothing to do with this just to let you know. ._.

But yeah this is the match up I probably know most about.
Main thing I can say is rollout is useless of coarse from shine and Lasers.
Stage I would Ban Yoshi Island... Wolfs Down Smash *****.
You and Khadir should head over to Nite's for some Brawl action.

Top Bottom