• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff is Evolving! The Official JBR Podcast (if the JBR's cool with that)

Veril

Frame Savant
It was an amazing month for Jigglypuff, with an incredible growth in the metagame and an influx of new talent.So much stuff happened this month that if I typed it all up in a summary, my hands would fall off.

Because I'm a pretty vocal member of the JBR, and I'm inclined to do so, I'm going to be doing a monthly Podcast summarizing the events of the month and discussing Jigglypuff in general. Hopefully there will be contribution and conversations with other JBR members.

No one player just coming here could possibly take in the enormity of the last month. I witnessed and was privileged to have has a role here so I'm very much "in the know".

For this first month I'll be discussing:

- Rest of course! Interrupts and perfect rests, their viability, holistic KO% risk/reward analysis, etc.
- The new sing glitches.
- Grab releases.
- Wavelanding, Falldashing and LCS.
- Various matchup developments.
- The tier list (ick)
- Diddy Kong
- Misc ATs
- Footstools and jab-lock setups.
- Speech of general happiness

I'm hoping to get Alex to add in a section on frame data, the moveset, hitboxes, planking, matchups and stages since he's been working on that.

Hey Alex! You down?

If you want me to discuss anything specific, please post here and I'll consider your request.
If there are any other requests

UPDATE: I've decided to put this on youtube so that all the players can view it and I don't have to type out the script. + I can have video, which would be sweet.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I'm looking forward to this. Ballpark estimate, when do you think the first one will come out?

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
If you do make a podcast, could you please make a blog/post with all the info? My computer can't support anything.

Great idea though.

MrEh

Smash Hero
I like this idea.

Remember, if you need anything important to say about Grab Releases, I can always think of something. ^^

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
What really, is the point of the podcast? The JBR is already the majority of the Jigglypuff users, so this podcast would only go out to the 3 or 4 that aren't in it. Unless you're going to discuss something that isn't already known by everyone, there's no need to discuss it.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
What really, is the point of the podcast? The JBR is already the majority of the Jigglypuff users, so this podcast would only go out to the 3 or 4 that aren't in it. Unless you're going to discuss something that isn't already known by everyone, there's no need to discuss it.
But think of the 3 or 4! That includes yours truly! -.-

Veril

Frame Savant
Um, no. First of all I would be doing the podcast primarily. Second, the majority of active users here are NOT in the JBR. Those who are in the JBR probably wouldn't mind a summary of the goings on, and I can promise you I'll have new material to discuss (I mean... its me).

Also... I stated the point of the podcast in my OP.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Then instead of worrying about this very long and daunting podcast, just maybe take a thread with general info from the JBR and put it here?

you could call it JBR updates, no one would post in it except for a selected JBR member once every week/month to announce some important developments.

I think that sounds like a good idea...

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
You should also talk about Jigglypuff tournament placings! I've been joining some online Smashboards tourneys but I haven't made it past round 2 yet >.<
i need halp!!

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Your sig is fantastic.

replace the background with an explosion and give one of the arms steak.
it would be untouchable

Top Bottom