• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jet Hammer: Swing and a Miss

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueshirt314

Smash Cadet
Hi, I'm having trouble landing Dedede's Jet Hammer (Down B) because he swings the hammer in such a weird way that I don't know where the hitboxes are. I like charging it up and chasing my friends just to scare them, but I rarely land it when I release the button, no matter where my opponent is. Can anyone tell me exactly where the opponent has to be for this attack to connect?

sMexy-Blu

Smash Lord
It has a hitbox behind it when its uncharged also.

Best way to land Jet hammer is when they hit you really up.

Fast fall then release Jet hammer as soon as you make contact with your opponent, he has to be below you of course.

Also another practical way to land Jet hammer is to start jumping around while charging it, some people tend to approach then sidestep, when they sidestep try predicting it and hitting them with hammer.

Use Q&A thread next time please.

GooseMainsDiddy

Smash Ace
It isn't even worth attempting IMO. It was designed for party matches. You know with all items on and a FFA.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
It also gets a much bigger hitbox when it's fully charged (like that will ever be successful lol).
Cantcha' jus' charge t' like Shield Breaker or Eruption, in midair?

(It won't hit, but it'll be fully charged :p)

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
Its like a Down Smash (sorta) except one direction. I use it a lot, lol, and most of the time i hit (not including ones where i just press and release to get away or if he's too far away). If he's like 3 steps (*dunno the right spacing word) from u in hitbox range, I suggest jumping or waddling toward him. If he's like 5 steps or more, just release it and don't bother chasing unless he's in the air or camping.

Make sure u don't release right when u have the hitbox in range, even though u think that u are gonna hit him. Most likely he'll shield before u do it. Just wait 2 seconds and let it go (cuz he'll unshield most likely). If he rolls on the opposite side of u, just turn and let go instantly. It'll hit because his roll time is longer than your pivot time.

Oh yea, if u want to get a full charge in, charge while he's in the air from Knockback

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Cantcha' jus' charge t' like Shield Breaker or Eruption, in midair?

(It won't hit, but it'll be fully charged :p)
King Dedede has a natural faster fall than other characters, so he'll only charge up until like 18% before he lands and it's still as laggy as your grandma, so good luck with that homie =D.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Please use the Q&A thread if you have anymore questions past the ones that have been previously answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom