• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jeapie 'The Entertainer' on Yoshi's Story

Mizar

Smash Ace
Looks like Jeapie's Falcon can edgecancel. But honestly, the fox in both videos were well...not up to standard as someone put it. Most Fox players in the east coast dont get destroyed like that while someone is playing around so much. Especially during a Grand Finals. The only falcon who actually plays like that and does well is SilentSpectre and even he isn't able to pull of that much while still winning by more then 2 stocks. I agree he is an entertaining falcon, but good? Maybe by the standards of your area. But in the U.S.A. sorry, but I really dont think so. Thanks for sharing though
"maybe by your standards"? You think he'll get beasted by everyone in the so called great 'U.S.A'? The fact that he does well against Amsah (being 3rd at pound4) actually DOES prove skill. Eventhough friendlies, its still m-fkin Amsah we're talking about. You talk some **** bro.

My thread got bashed by critics and fanboys too. If you can't see that Jeapie's Falcon is fun to watch you're either to serious of a gamer or just oblivion to the fact that you're a fanboy.
This.

Jeapie come to Americaaa.
Why don't you guys come to Europe for once, you lazy *****.

J0RDY

Smash Journeyman
"maybe by your standards"? You think he'll get beasted by everyone in the so called great 'U.S.A'? The fact that he does well against Amsah (being 3rd at pound4) actually DOES prove skill. Eventhough friendlies, its still m-fkin Amsah we're talking about. You talk some **** bro.

This.

This ^^. Please don't be completely oblivious to the outside world USA.

Dart

Smash Lord
This ^^. Please don't be completely oblivious to the outside world USA.

This.

Why don't you stop throwing around USA like all of us ****ING DO IT. Lets go back to the don't talk about countries if you don't really know them thing shall we? /rant

Jeapie good **** bro, your falcon is 222fast, its been said before...grab more. flash less unless you are sure you can win or if you're comfortable like im sure you were against that fox.

n1000

Smash Journeyman
I don't care that he's not playing the most efficient/effective falcon, that was gorgeous to watch. Jeapie, I think you're the guy who has the stones (not to mention the tech skill...) to pull off some truly worthy falcon techniques...

I will love you forever if you hit http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-3z7a7OEBI in a match

dragnet4000

Smash Apprentice
I think the flashy edgecanceling will be good for mindgames after you get them a few stocks down when you havent lost any, just to give them an idea you might be sandbagging.
Or something like that

Also, more grabs.

When Player = CF
Stock with CF = grab+*insert combo here*

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Amsahs sheik would 4stock or 3stock that falcon every single time.

And the USA IS the **** at melee. Eu has 2 top tier players, we have the rest.

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Amsahs sheik would 4stock or 3stock that falcon every single time.

And the USA IS the **** at melee. Eu has 2 top tier players, we have the rest.
Why dont you try to step up your own game first and try to get to these USA top players you speak off.
In order too seperate the the badd/good and best players from each other, you will need worse and better players to acknowledge both of them. So just like we `worse` players respect the `better players` , the better players respect us too. Imagine that there would only be players like Mango. Results will be different at each tourney every time, how then can you seperate the good from the badd?

Just like you I am trying to improve my game. Maybe I do not have the typicall smart falcon style , but everyone has its own way to play right? So let me play in my own way. That is what makes this game so fun, everybody has its own styl.
With a lot of practice and training, I know that I am/will be able to put up a good fight against pro players like In my area:

Netherlands: Amsah,Adam,Zgetto,Faab,Remen,Marc,Dave,Utto,Biscuit,Fernandez.
France: Makenshi,Baxon,Porc
Germany: Pamaro, Ice,Kjab
Spain: Strawhat,Over
Sweden: Armada, Calle W, Aniolas

And a lot more players in europe are far more superb than you think Rich Wheeler..

You were wrong when you said we europe got 2 of the best players and USA got the rest.
I think that the players who are at the peak of the mountain are : Mango, m2k, Amsah, Hbox, Armada.
So in my opinion, top 5 of the world, 3 USA 2 Europe, I dont now anything about asain player so my badd.
The funny thing is, Armada seems to have a lot of trouble with SS and hax and all ( extremely good falcon players ), which is not a shame at all , since these players are at a very highly level of play too, but..
In order to be the best, you must be able to beat all. Just Like Zhu seems to be pretty good and comfortable against SS. ( Zhu , I really love his style of play )
Amsah was able too beat Zhu. Not that I am saying that Amsah would defeat Scar, SS, Hax or darkrain just like that! It was a bit dissapointing that Amsah did not played against a top falcon player, or did he ?
If he did send me some vids !!

Amsah and Mango and armada too I think , are the players in this world who are the best in adapting. Hbox has a strangly ( but good ) styl
( someone told me this bout hbox..
and stays playing like this. Jigglypuff is simply a charackter is this game which is so much different than others , that you need a totally other sort of playing style against him , in order to win. This is what Amsah also told us dutchies about puff. He did not knew the matchup , which in this case, made him lost the set against Hbox. You can like or dislike the puff, but the charackter sure makes this game even more interesting at competitive play.

Its just an argument to let you now that, if you want to be the best you do not always need to adapt every single time, Because Hbox has its own styl
( and Mango has no styl since he just counters everything you do without any holding back o_0 )
and he got 2nd at pound4.
Im saying this cause I know now that by devoloping a certain styl, without too many adapting , I can get this good too. That is why I keep playing like I am `sandbagging` , which I am not. In order to get my own styl and to improve in this will I keep playing with moonwalks and edgecancels, till I mastered it 100%.
Alright, so maybe I also enjoy this game more when I play like that, but that isnt a crime right
Only then I got a small but bigger chance of becoming 1 of europes top players. My results in tournaments are getting better every time and Im still enjoying this game every time I play it with Fernandez and Rian and Joel,Mizar,Thomas and Mischa @ the smashARK!

So stop fooling around Rich Wheeler cause your up to no good
starting making trouble in the neighbourhood...

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Not sure what that was all about...

Looks like we agree. You only think eu has 2 top tier players. Good. Idk why I'm up to no good, especially when you don't know anything I'm up to. You agreed with my statement and wrote a book about how we agree, then said I'm up to no good? Alright man haha.

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
The rest of the best players are 3 people, you agree , that is 1 more than 2? Why diss europe than?
We are slighly worse than you guys, competition is good, hate is not.

Also your statement was that amsah would 3 or 4 stock me EVERY single time.
Well I disagree on this , because I am getting better everytime I play and when I played amsahs sheik for bout 5 friendlies, it were all 2 and 1 stocks.
yeahyeah, just friendlies, but still

this is what I wish my falcon was
Thx man!

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
**** that was sexy to watch man. so fun. your movement is mad good, i like that you wanna do things your own way, with no shame, but also take the others advice without consideration.

gotta learn some of those trixies (with other chars too!)

PEEF!

Smash Hero
I'd say your top tier isn't right. How you are not including m2k I have no idea. Mango says m2k is the only player on his level. I'd also add jman and zhu to that list. Jman having beat sober mango, and zhu having beaten m2k, darkrain, ss, armada in a crew battle, all recently.

I also never was talking bad about Europe. I just said USA is the ****. Don't take so much offense to me saying that the USA is the best when we clearly are, not to mention we rocked you in a crew battle. Eu is good, alottt better than they used to be, buttttttt.... USA still is the stuff=]

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Why does every thread/vd featuring a foreign player consist of stupid *** comments like "he's ok but i bet americans would **** him"

it was the same way before genesis when armada came over and tore the US a new one.

Seriously, America is good at this game yea, but stop berating everyone not form america with dumb comments like "he'd probably lose to a standard issue american fox"

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Why does every thread/vd featuring a foreign player consist of stupid *** comments like "he's ok but i bet americans would **** him"

it was the same way before genesis when armada came over and tore the US a new one.

Seriously, America is good at this game yea, but stop berating everyone not form america with dumb comments like "he'd probably lose to a standard issue american fox"
Thank you
!!!!!!!!!!

Also Wheeler, I did mention m2k so please read before mentioning.

Yeah you can add zhu and SS Jman and Darkrain too, but since the great USA has so many great players , it is almost impossible to make a top 5 without mentioning less than 10 names.

Next week Berlin calling, hype :laugh:

wizardty:
`i like that you wanna do things your own way, with no shame, but also take the others advice without consideration`.

But ofcourse. most of you are saying to use more grabs. So I guess I will put that more into my game ;)

Hax

Smash Champion
daaaamn im blazed right now that was the coolest

Exalador

Smash Lord
I'd say your top tier isn't right. How you are not including m2k I have no idea. Mango says m2k is the only player on his level. I'd also add jman and zhu to that list. Jman having beat sober mango, and zhu having beaten m2k, darkrain, ss, armada in a crew battle, all recently.

I also never was talking bad about Europe. I just said USA is the ****. Don't take so much offense to me saying that the USA is the best when we clearly are, not to mention we rocked you in a crew battle. Eu is good, alottt better than they used to be, buttttttt.... USA still is the stuff=]
Rich: I think saying the USA has far more of the worlds best players is a really bad statement. There are a lot of factors that you didn't include in your statement...

first of all: there were far more of USA's top/good players @ pound than there were EU's top/good players.
second: including Jman and Zhu in that list is the same like including players like Zgetto in that list (Zgetto has beaten Amsah before)... having beaten someone doesn't automatically make a player equal/better than someone, especially when it's based on 1 tournament, and your statement has been largely based on Pound 4 results....
Another factor i'd like to mention is the number of differences between NTSC and PAL... bring about 20 USA players over to Europe, see how that works out. ;)
Lastly: most Americans are totally biased towards USA players, as are a lot of Europeans towards EU players...

As for my opinion: i think USA and EU number of top players are pretty much equal, with an ever so slight edge for the USA players, granted....I think EU would have that edge in PAL though

Mizar

Smash Ace
daaaamn im blazed right now that was the coolest
I heard Armada made a comment on his falcon at Berlin Calling last week.

"your falcon is 3 times faster than SS''

I wasn't at BC myself, but I also heard that Jeapie got Armada down to 1stock 90% in a tournament match.
That says SOMEthing right?

@ Jeaprape

Ik ga Jeapie posters laten maken voor ZEST5 ik zweer je

*EDIT* Mindtrick I see you changed the vid, I think this reflects his skill more than the other, nice call.
JAAP DOE NORMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL

Beat!

Smash Master
@_@
I died a bit inside. Holland = The Netherlands.

Jeapie, I'm learning Falcon by watching you =o

Kijk die man moonwalken de hele dag.
The Netherlands is often called Holland, a pars pro toto, as North and South Holland are actually two of its twelve provinces
Shameless wiki quote.
If you don't trust wikipedia (though the article had a lot of sources), here's another link:
Here

Wiggins

Smash Ace
Peef, really I think you wouldn't know what to do against Jeapie. He seems like he knows enough about the game to poop on people like you and me.

Mizar

Smash Ace
I was waiting for these vids <3
Funny to see that the tricks aren't the reason he lost to pamaro lol

Dr_Strangelove

Smash Journeyman
guys guys, americans don't mean to be offensive, they were just born with slightly smaller brains and unfortunately don't understand that what they are saying is complete nonsense.
they mean well really, just mention how awesome guns and the bible are every couple of posts and they will warm to us eventually.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
They should use the good player fund to get Jeapie to the west coast:p
Agreed. Until he doesn't make it out of pools.

JK, but really...making it out of socal pools could be very difficult as a falcon with zero american sheik/puff/spacie experience. They are very different here.

D

Deleted member

Agreed. Until he doesn't make it out of pools.

JK, but really...making it out of socal pools could be very difficult as a falcon with zero american sheik/puff/spacie experience. They are very different here.
there's no shiek or puff in west coast besides like 1 or 2

and the good player funds in norcal

XD1337

Smash Apprentice
Jeapie, you obviously have gentlemans down very well :o. May I ask your technique for doing it?

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
The euro/australian version (PAL) doesn't require you to cancel gentlemans =)

Top Bottom