• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jeapie 'The Entertainer' on Yoshi's Story

PEEF!

Smash Hero
Yeah, the guy has unbelieveable edgecancel skill, and moves very fluidly.

However...

From the looks of it, he has NO IDEA how to play the Fox matchup, and would probably get ***** by any standard issue American spacie.

As I commented in the video, I will be learning all of his tricks, but his combos and techchases and general playstyle are remarkably weak in comparison to his movement.

EDIT: I just had a thought. Get this guy on the Falcon boards and we could make him AMAZING. Seriously, this guy has the potential to be SS. Get him on here.

Mind Trick

Smash Ace
lol he's actually pretty ****ing good against spacies, YS just happens to be his stage where he does random flashy **** to entertain people xD (he has an account here and pretty sure he checks a decent amount of matches of US falcons)
watch this:
Match 3

PEEF!

Smash Hero
lol he's actually pretty ****ing good against spacies, YS just happens to be his stage where he does random flashy **** to entertain people xD (he has an account here and pretty sure he checks a decent amount of matches of US falcons)
watch this:
Match 3
Watched. This guy is an artist. I love his tricks, especially the smash DI out of drill into a side B, that was sick.

However...way too many uncontrolled nairs, virtually no dding, missed jump cancels, no mixup...I'm pretty sure I would beat him in dittos.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
After all the comments I expected some ridiculous edgecancels...

Other than the UpB one most of the other ones were pretty basic for this stage. Props for doing it in a match I guess.

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the guy has unbelieveable edgecancel skill, and moves very fluidly.

However...

From the looks of it, he has NO IDEA how to play the Fox matchup, and would probably get ***** by any standard issue American spacie.

As I commented in the video, I will be learning all of his tricks, but his combos and techchases and general playstyle are remarkably weak in comparison to his movement.

EDIT: I just had a thought. Get this guy on the Falcon boards and we could make him AMAZING. Seriously, this guy has the potential to be SS. Get him on here.
jeapie beat amsahs fox in a few friendlies....i dont think you have any idea what you're talking about lol
also his playstyle is also really good, unlike every other falcon jeapie is really hard too pressure, actually cuz of his tech skill he is really hard to hit in general

PEEF!

Smash Hero
jeapie beat amsahs fox in a few friendlies....i dont think you have any idea what you're talking about lol
also his playstyle is also really good, unlike every other falcon jeapie is really hard too pressure, actually cuz of his tech skill he is really hard to hit in general
Non-main friendlies = not legit.

1 post = not legit.

I think most people who frequently post on this boards don't have that kind of movement skill, but they would still beat Jeapie in dittoes.

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
lol wtf. I`m never on smashboards and suddently Mindtrick post a vid of me , thx man , apreciate ^^

except that it is lmao
he plays as much marth as he plays fox
Amsah his fox is the business. Maybe not as tech skilled as Remen and other , but he plays really smart , just like his sheik and other chars.
Also yes I did won a few games from Amsah his fox , but I tell you I think he was massive sandbagging, I mean he got 3rd place @ pound4, come on! =D
Just because you main sheik , does not mean u wont use the same smartness while playing other chars. ;)
SO if you are saying Amsah his fox is badd, u should reconsider =o

also thx for the advice. Apparently I need to grab more( which I did not really paid any attention to ) and need to do less tricks ( this I already knew :) )
feel free to comment more on my falcon? I guess? ^^

Fernandez

Smash Journeyman
Non-main friendlies = not legit.

1 post = not legit.

I think most people who frequently post on this boards don't have that kind of movement skill, but they would still beat Jeapie in dittoes.
it doesnt matter how many post i have, i dont know who you are but jeapie would probably **** you in dittos

PEEF!

Smash Hero
lol wtf. I`m never on smashboards and suddently Mindtrick post a vid of me , thx man , apreciate ^^

Amsah his fox is the business. Maybe not as tech skilled as Remen and other , but he plays really smart , just like his sheik and other chars.
Also yes I did won a few games from Amsah his fox , but I tell you I think he was massive sandbagging, I mean he got 3rd place @ pound4, come on! =D
Just because you main sheik , does not mean u wont use the same smartness while playing other chars. ;)
SO if you are saying Amsah his fox is badd, u should reconsider =o

also thx for the advice. Apparently I need to grab more( which I did not really paid any attention to ) and need to do less tricks ( this I already knew :) )
feel free to comment more on my falcon? I guess? ^^
Glad to see you posting.

I learned some of your tricks last night, it was fun.

I think you can keep your tricks in your game. Youre just flying around doing attacks laglessly looking for openings. You can keep the tricks and still improve your game.

Against fox, runaway backair works great when they approach, and nairing into their nair doesn't. Grab alot more.

Hope to see you around the boards.

Roneblaster

Smash Hero
yeah you grabbed a total of twice in the matches linked here. Thats notttt gooooood, but you'd beat people in dittoes, ignore rich wheeler. he loses to me in dittoes sometimes and im terrible.

D

Deleted member

Jeapie is pretty decent, looking at his FD vid even though i consider the fox to be rather sub par

if i just looked at his yoshi story vid though i would have said he's not that impressive. rudimentary edge cancels on an easy edge cancel stage is nothing. Nice dash attack combo kill though.

some falcon mains are capable of doing with Jeapie does just that only trying to outspeed your opponent without using your head will never work against someone decent

Quic

Smash Journeyman
You guys do know Jeapie is ranked top 10 easily in holland right? Ranked above aniolas, just short of Fuzzyness and Baxon at the last tournament they all attended?
Not to mention these matches were recorded at 5-6 AM XD

PEEF!

Smash Hero
You guys do know Jeapie is ranked top 10 easily in holland right? Ranked above aniolas, just short of Fuzzyness and Baxon at the last tournament they all attended?
Not to mention these matches were recorded at 5-6 AM XD
I honestly don't know if top 10 in Holland means more than top 10 in Indiana...

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Really??? *does not remember*
It's probably true though..lol

Considering Amsah mains Sheik and seconds Marth, calling his fox really isn't that much. It's solid, but by no means high level.
Actually, Fox is my secondary. My Marth isn't much worse (and actually better at certain matchups), but overal I think my Fox > My Marth.

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
You shouldn't talk about other countries like they suck if you don't know about them. Holland produces some of the best players in Europe like Armada, Amsah, and Calle W.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
You shouldn't talk about other countries like they suck if you don't know about them. Holland produces some of the best players in Europe like Armada, Amsah, and Calle W.
You just made a wonderful exemple of what you wrote :laugh:
Armada and Calle W are from Sweden.
However, it's true that the Netherlands (Holland being only a region of them) is really legit at Smash. Its best players à Amsah, Zgetto, Adam, Remen and Faab, who all made it to the bracket at Pound 4
... almost... Kanker Faab =p

Back on topic : Jeapie is indeed really entertaining and funny to watch. But it's true that he really looks like to improve is efficiency.

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
Back on topic : Jeapie is indeed really entertaining and funny to watch. But it's true that he really looks like to improve is efficiency.
Thx, I think i should improve my efficiency indeed.
I just like playing falcon with unnecessary flips and tricks , and because of that i lag of effective ways to kill or combo my opponent.

cool edge-cancels!
haha thanks man!

Really??? *does not remember* It's probably true though..lol
yea Amsah I beat your fox , falco and falcon with my falcon in the 20 friendlies we played on alliance :p.
you sandbagging *******! =D
Your sheik is too strong to handle for me though =(

Anyway feel free to discuss my
neppe
Falcon! =D
ow and i have a question, any comments about knee to jab on shield pressure?
I use this pretty often in matches but apperently not op tape Dx
is it unescapable or is there a slight chance someone can grab me out of the knee before the jab?
thx

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
This isn't the first time someone has made a jeapie vid thread without his consent, ppl talk about jeapie as if he made it and was bragging ;p. Very entertaining vid Jeaps, always great to watch, best in the world or not. Keep playing and improving as we are all trying to do. I know your falcon is better than mine regardless, but love to watch the flash. Very entertaining. Only thing I can suggest is more taunting to even out your game. Rock on sir.

The Official

Smash Rookie
Looks like Jeapie's Falcon can edgecancel. But honestly, the fox in both videos were well...not up to standard as someone put it. Most Fox players in the east coast dont get destroyed like that while someone is playing around so much. Especially during a Grand Finals. The only falcon who actually plays like that and does well is SilentSpectre and even he isn't able to pull of that much while still winning by more then 2 stocks. I agree he is an entertaining falcon, but good? Maybe by the standards of your area. But in the U.S.A. sorry, but I really dont think so. Thanks for sharing though

Infinitora

Smash Journeyman
I think the point was he was posted because it's very fun to watch, not because he's believed to be better than everyone else. Don't think Jeapie asked for all the criticism or even made the thread.

Jeapie

Smash Journeyman
I think the point was he was posted because it's very fun to watch, not because he's believed to be better than everyone else. Don't think Jeapie asked for all the criticism or even made the thread.
=) at least 1 american knows :)

Also I love SS and his play style for everyone who thinks that I think that I am better than him.
I wasnt 100% convinced of him before pound 4 , but after..
after sawing him getting off on Armada and getting on Remen and such, I came to the conclusion that he was even better than I thought he was =o
Making the good decision almost every time.
Near perfect spacing and outspacing his opponents.
knees,tech chasing, and wombo combos.
I must learn lol

Rian

Smash Cadet
My thread got bashed by critics and fanboys too. If you can't see that Jeapie's Falcon is fun to watch you're either to serious of a gamer or just oblivion to the fact that you're a fanboy.

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
i have a question, any comments about knee to jab on shield pressure?
I use this pretty often in matches but apperently not op tape Dx
is it unescapable or is there a slight chance someone can grab me out of the knee before the jab?
thx
Depends on where you hit the knee. But in general repeated well spaced jabs to knee does work as shield pressure somewhat. But it is not as safe as fox/falco/peach pillars (all which have smaller frame openings)

But if you hit the knee low on shield jabbing/dashing/rolling is fine as a follow up and they can't grab you. shffling a knee after a jab often works since people try to grab and you jump over it.

Top Bottom