• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jay's Digital World Mini Mafia - Game Over - Town Faction Wins!

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
His/her "read" posts consisted of nothing but null/slight reads, followed with the idea that she/he has "secret" reads he/she doesn't want to tell us. And the explanation for that is this
Maven I can agree with you that this 'secret information' is a lure for something. But so what if they are Null reads? I would prefer to hear some reads from Rosa than none at all. This is basically the only information she/he has given out the entire game. I haven't played/seen this Zenny game which you spoke about but I don't believe that it is at all lynch worthy. If anything I would say Rosa is Town lean.

If you could go into further depth of why Rosa should be lynched, it may sway my vote.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
I get that Rosalina is acting kind of suspiciously,
This is just supporting my theory Zalak that you are acting suck-up ish. You're agreeing with a lot of people! Where are your finds?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
:096: Whoa, just take it easy, man. :096:

I only said that because I think Rosalina is acting kind of suspiciously. It's not like I actually agreed with Maven's decision to lynch Rosalina. In fact, because of his aggression, I think Maven is more suspicious than Rosalina right now.

Maven89

Smash Master
Maven I can agree with you that this 'secret information' is a lure for something. But so what if they are Null reads? I would prefer to hear some reads from Rosa than none at all. This is basically the only information she/he has given out the entire game.
Because a null read is something you cannot pin on a person. At this stage in the game she should have something to actually point to, mafia do not want to be tied down, saying someone is a town/scummy read can later bite them in the ass if they want to lynch someone but previously claimed the person was town. Giving a town/scum read also requires them to actually have an opinion. I, however, am not voting Rosalina for only having null reads, but for the later line in my quote that you cut off, where she hinted at having a PR, The nothing-but-null was just on top of that.

I haven't played/seen this Zenny game which you spoke about but I don't believe that it is at all lynch worthy. If anything I would say Rosa is Town lean.
Why would you say town?

FIRST OFF: There are plenty of possible reasons to not give out your read right away. Rosalina might be doing it to protect someone they suspect of being a PR. They might be doing it to throw the mafia off. Any role can keep a secret, even vanilla townie.
Please list a single scenario where someone would claim "they have reads but for reasons are not going to talk about them" and that person being town? Remember that a persons voice is the only power a townie has, not giving out reads is never conductive

SECONDLY: It's still very early in the game. At this stage, slight reads are common. If you're gonna question someone's reads, you should question Hunter's. All he's really said is that he thinks I'm town.
Hunter is pure inactive. If you're going to say it's not telling the person hasn't done anything because it's still early, why are you then trying to push Hunter for the same thing? Wouldn't that clear him too?

Also.. why didn't you call me out when I said I had a secret theory? Because I'm newer to the game?
Because saying you have a secret theory is not hinting that you have a PR. The only thing that would make Rosalina's sentence make sense was if she was the tracker and didn't want to give out her reads because she wanted to track the person that night, and didn't want to warn anyone. That doesn't make any real sense at all since no one would ever know she was the tracker, and would do nothing but out herself to the mafia. Since she did that and would know better, I do not believe for a second she's actually a PR but is hoping other players picked up on her hint.

I'm going to go find that quote from Zenny where he did something similar so you can understand the difference between saying you have a secret and actually hinting that you have a PR

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Hmm ok, for now though I wish for others to contribute.
Yeah! Where are the other players at? I've changed my mind. THEY'RE the ones being suspicious, not saying anything..
-------------------------------------------------------
Process of Elimination. Everyone else has been providing town like info, and besides the inactives, he sticks out a lot more for scummy behavior compared to everyone else. So I'm thinking he could be our lynch candidate
Ohhhh. I guess I'll be willing to lynch Hunter if his defense doesn't deliver. I'm pretty apprehensive about lynching on the first day at all though.
--------------------------------------------------------

Update on reads:
Deadline is kind of coming up. The only people I feel comfortable lynching right now are: Kursed, Hunter or Maven. Out of the three, I think lynching Kursed might actually help us the most, given that we would learn almost absolutely nothing from lynching either of the other two.
Rosalina, while I do think Kursed is acting odd,

-----------------------------------------------------------

The second one is the worst, Zalak.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Also @ Zalak Zalak I'm not saying you shouldn't agree with people. I don't see where you stand. Who are you focused the most on?

Maven89

Smash Master
Unfortunately the Zenny quote is not as revealing as I hoped since it relies a lot of context, but
The more we go on about this day, the more we reveal to the mafia.

I have plans, Ruy...plans.
That is someone hinting that they have a PR, especially in the context that game took place. Hinting that they have something secret that they're going to use but refusing to tell anyone, yet at the same time letting everyone know they have it. That's either horrible PR play or scum hoping to trick people into thinking they're a PR.

Zalak has sheeped yet when I came in with my posts he argued and is now voting for me after very little pushing. That's interesting.

Maven89

Smash Master
Because Rosa didn't sheep off of others. Unless you count Page 2 where Rosa tried to vote against Fire with me.
I mean is that your only definition of scum though, sheeping? She hasn't sheeped but she never pushed or gave a true original opinion that had any consequence (such as claiming she read someone as town or scum)

Also, as a side note, it's a little unusual for two players to be defending another player so much without that other player coming in and defending themselves. Not that it's scummy, but that normally you would want to wait to see what Rosalina would say if her own defense instead of giving her a bunch of defenses to pick from.

Maven89

Smash Master
Either way I want Rosalina to post and i'll update my reads based on that, I won't talk about it with other people until she responds

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Here is the single scenario you requested, Maven:
A townie does not have a PR, so they hint at having a PR in order to trick the mafia into thinking they have a PR, as to protect a townie who actually has a PR.

That's just the first scenario that popped into my mind.

Here's what I think is really going on:
Rosalina really does have theories that they don't feel confident revealing quite yet. This leads me to believe they have a PR, but that's not the only possible explanation. They might think revealing their theories this early on will make them seem suspicious because they don't have strong evidence yet. They might think their theories would make them a target of the jailor and the tracker, putting the town's night abilities to waste. You're probably wondering... if these theories are so secret, why did Rosalina mention them at all? I believe Rosalina mentioned these theories in an attempt to pacify the town, as the town has been very critical of people who have only null reads. Rosalina does not have to be mafia to believe mentioning their theories is necessary.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Kursed, those were not instances of sheeping. The last one is just a compensation I made to start my argument with Maven. The second one was conditional. I said I would be willing to lynch him IF his defense did not deliver. ALSO, I was already suspicious of Hunter at that point. The first one was just me also wanting to see more participation from the inactive players. I didn't drop my suspicions on Red Ryu.

Maven89

Smash Master
Zalak you both 1. Are also suspicous of Red Ryu and 2. Believe that Rosalina was hinting at having a PR, yet you're voting me

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I'm not saying Rosalina is definitely town, but you're definitely being way too forceful, Maven.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Sorry Maven, where did you say anything about Red?

I'm not saying Rosalina is definitely town, but you're definitely being way too forceful, Maven.
But is that not how you are supposed to proove your argument?

Zalak there is a complete difference between being stuck up and being convinced.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
I mean is that your only definition of scum though, sheeping? She hasn't sheeped but she never pushed or gave a true original opinion that had any consequence (such as claiming she read someone as town or scum)
So how far do you need to go to push Maven?

Cmon Kursed, are you even reading this game? It took up over half the space of my Rosalina push post
What are you reffering too, exactly?

Maven89

Smash Master
Kursed I'm a little confused about what your top line is supposed to be asking, but either way I'm waiting for Rosalina to post before I answer any more questions about my arguments on her

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Rosalina has been very quiet recently. I suppose I should have allowed them to respond before defending them. I was quick to vote you only because your initial push post seemed unnaturally aggressive to me, given the circumstances.

Unvote: Maven89

At least until Rosalina responds. :098:

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Okay, i reread and still do not fully understand what you're getting at, Maven. Truthfully speaking you've been basing Rosa and Ryu both people you have accused off of other games/people. Are you saying that all actions follow the same path? K I do see Red sheeping but his activity dropped. Red, where are your finds?

Maven89

Smash Master
I mean I'll answer questions, but it's not helpful to have someone else argue for her. Can only really judge her argument if she makes them, otherwise it's just "well maybe she's thinking this/that/this", when instead we can just wait to see what she has to say

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Kursed I'm a little confused about what your top line is supposed to be asking, but either way I'm waiting for Rosalina to post before I answer any more questions about my arguments on her
Obviously being here has set a limit on defensive and offensive playing. When a person accuses someone With a solid piece of evidence, would you say it is scummy to enforce that event on them the entire game? Or does it seem scummy to drop it fairly quickly?

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
I've seen Ryu as scum do the exact same thing before.

Rosalina is new, but not that new, and he/she has been in game where Zenny as scum did the exact same thing and managed to coast on it the entire game, while I was a PR in another game, and while I wasn't breadcrumbing it looked like I was and got outed/killed for.
Then can you please explain Maven why you did use it as evidence?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Fire, Red, and Hunter, after Rosalina responds, it would be rad to hear your updated thoughts on our situation.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Fire, Red, and Hunter, after Rosalina responds, it would be rad to hear your updated thoughts on our situation.
Are you trying to get Rosa lynched?

Because if we get everyone to hammer on one person i'm pretty sure that's an exit for mafia.

I'd rather hear everybody's updated thoughts and accusations on everybody's slots this way everyone gets criticized/accused equally.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
That's not what I meant. I want their thoughts on everyone, not just Rosalina.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
True town gets nowhere without trying to pressure suspicious players and getting others to notice
Fire, this is all you had to say when a ton of drama was being thrown around? Are you posting simply for activity rule?

Top Bottom