• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jay's Digital World Mini Mafia - Game Over - Town Faction Wins!

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Just in case you don't know RVs means random voting stage, where players vote someone with little reason to get the game rolling and discussion flowing.

If you see any terms thrown about you don't necessarily know this is a good place to refer to:
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Category:Glossary

Or you could just ask the player yourself.

I don't mind being a little bit of an IC.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Vote: FireEmblemnier

:skull:
RVS is stupid. Explain to me what good comes from it. :skull:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Got my new laptop early, waiting for it to setup then I will dig into this, also FiE don't tell me you are trying to pressure me like that. Makes it easier for me to react to it, like so.

Maven89

Smash Master
:skull: RVS is stupid. Explain to me what good comes from it. :skull:
Everyone hates RVS, the problem is there's very little other ways to start games. RVS generally means "joke phase" in practice despite standing for random vote stage. Slowly something valuable will come out of it and the RVS stops. It sucks but there really isn't any other reliable way to start the game

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Everyone hates RVS, the problem is there's very little other ways to start games. RVS generally means "joke phase" in practice despite standing for random vote stage. Slowly something valuable will come out of it and the RVS stops. It sucks but there really isn't any other reliable way to start the game
Basically this. It's a common way to start the game whether you like it or not. Personally, D1 is my least favorite day, as there's no true info to gather besides what other players say. All you can really do is add to the content so something is formed for the other days. That isn't to say the D1 isn't important. Cause a correct lynch right out the gate is a game changer. Just as a PR lynch right out could boost the game being lost.

Unvote

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Vote: Kursed

For voting FireEmblem before even getting an explanation about RVS from him.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Voting is a good way to pressure players in to giving information, so I don't see anything too inherently scummy in Kursed's action.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
The problem with that.. is his REASONING for voting against you is that RVS is stupid.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
It just seems kind of backwards to implore the VERY SAME RVS tactics FireEmblem used while he is questioning RVS.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
EDWOP:
Care to explain your reasoning? Voting someone simply for using RVS employs worse logic than RVSing itself.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
@ Zalak Zalak
Welcome to Decisive Games, by the way.
Do you have much experience with mafia? Have you played on any other websites, and if so, how many games roughly?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
That is true. Saying RVS is lame then doing it yourself is fishy. But I wouldn't say entirely scum worthy

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Thanks!

I've never actually played forum mafia, but I have played a lot of Town of Salem, and a few rounds of Epic Mafia.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Absolutely not. I don't think anything that anyone has said so far can be used a valid basis to call someone out as town or scum.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I don't hope to gain any hard evidence. I'm just trying to get to know the players a little better... perhaps I am.. pressuring them into giving information? All I can do right now is try to figure out as much as I can.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
I was hoping to see how he reacts to the vote, as he stated earlier there isn't a lot of evidence to call someone out as town or scum.
But he is mining for information, perhaps to help the game along, but my vote stands

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
You misunderstand. I said I don't hope to gain HARD evidence. All I want is to get a feel for the players' personalities and such. If I'm lucky, I may get more useful information than how they act, but getting to know the players is important in a game like mafia.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
You've asked him to explain his vote against me.. but you didn't tell him why you voted against me :ohwell: Pretty secretive.. EH, RYU!?:101:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I was hoping to see how he reacts to the vote, as he stated earlier there isn't a lot of evidence to call someone out as town or scum.
But he is mining for information, perhaps to help the game along, but my vote stands
While this might be true for you, you should have waited to answer this question if this is the case or he knows it is just a pressure vote.

You've asked him to explain his vote against me.. but you didn't tell him why you voted against me :ohwell: Pretty secretive.. EH, RYU!?:101:
He didn't ask and I would like to hold off on that for now over you talking to me a bit since I can get info out of you.

Plus I'd like to move the game out of RvS if possible.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Out of RvS? But HOW!? We don't really have much information to go off of.

Also, you're being awfully critical of Hunter's actions. I think at this point, everyone knows no one is voting to actually get someone lynched. You're the one who asked him why he voted against me. Did you expect a very different answer? ALSO, it's kind of hypocritical to criticize him for revealing his intentions, and then tell me you intend to get info out of me.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Out of RvS? But HOW!? We don't really have much information to go off of.

Also, you're being awfully critical of Hunter's actions. I think at this point, everyone knows no one is voting to actually get someone lynched. You're the one who asked him why he voted against me. Did you expect a very different answer? ALSO, it's kind of hypocritical to criticize him for revealing his intentions, and then tell me you intend to get info out of me.
It happens naturally, usually calling someone out on a scummy action.

If you are saying I am being awfully critical his actions, it's because I am to get the game rolling.

People are voting each other for one reason or another eventually, just right now not so much though I do have a reason for mine but do not want to discuss it at this time.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I understand that secrecy is a large part of this game for any role, but your secrecy makes you the person I would be least likely to trust at this time. I feel like you need to make your secrecy more secret. The more trustworthy townies we have, the easier it will be to find and lynch the mafia. I'm quite a long ways away from wanting to lynch anyone though.

Top Bottom