• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jay's Digital World Mini Mafia - Game Over - Town Faction Wins!

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Yeah! Where are the other players at? I've changed my mind. THEY'RE the ones being suspicious, not saying anything..

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Well, kind of. There's not always a lot to say in the beginning of the game.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
And considering there are like 4 people not talking right now, and only 2 mafias, at least half of them are innocent.

Maven89

Smash Master
The game is already out of RVS. We have the Zalak push and people's responses to it, we now have some information to base claims on. Not strong but we have legitimate stuff now, so RVS is basically done. Now it's the start of the real game.

I was hoping to see how he reacts to the vote, as he stated earlier there isn't a lot of evidence to call someone out as town or scum.
But he is mining for information, perhaps to help the game along, but my vote stands
What other reason can you imagine him trying to gain information other then to help the town along? What does that top line mean?

The problem with that.. is his REASONING for voting against you is that RVS is stupid.
I did not see this as a reason, but instead more joining in RVS while complaining about it.

I like Zalak's posts, Ryu i'm currently assuming is just riding the newbie in the hope he breaks, if he wanted to try and scum rush the player in the hopes of getting town to lynch a weak slot (because he's new and inexperienced, no other reason) he'd have been more forceful. Not saying this makes Ryu town, he's dead null (neither town or scum atm) to me, but that's how I read his posts.

Hunter's posts, however, seemed the most off. He jumped in with a vote on a player people were pushing, barely explained himself, and then said the player was town to him, but kept his vote.

Vote: HunterReaperPirate

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I see what you're saying, but I don't think Hunter keeping his vote really means anything. He might have just forgotten. SPEAKING OF FORGETTING TO DO THINGS, I should probably unvote Red Ryu for now.

Unvote: Red Ryu

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Right now, I'm liking how Zalak thinks also. He seems pretty keen on getting to know the players to read them later on, which is a smart thing to do in a first game. I need to see more from other players to get a stronger sense of what they are like this game. But for right now. Kursed is a little iffy due to the voting thing, but I wouldn't say scum worthy yet like before.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
The rules say days will generally last 7 days. In what cases would a day be longer or shorter? How does time work in this game EXACTLY?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
If we reach a majority lynch the day is shorter depending when we hammer it.
The day would be longer if we request a deadline extension, or if the host extends it for other reasons that usually do with delays.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
But Kursed, look how far it's gotten us! It seems kind of stupid, but how else are we supposed to start the game?

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
But Kursed, look how far it's gotten us! It seems kind of stupid, but how else are we supposed to start the game?
How far it has gotten us? Dude we have been playing in circles and switching votes.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
I think the only person that is suspicious right now... is myself!

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Well, we at least know more about each other, and we've seen some potentially suspicious behavior. It's better than sitting in silence for the entire first day.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
The plot thickens..

I'm also awaiting Hunter's response to Maven's accusation.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Vote: Kursed

What makes you say that?
Come on Zalak. Not even one post into this game and I contradict myself. If you don't believe that is suspicious Zalak I am not sure what is.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
It is not as if I mean to make myself a target, but I have my head in one direction without rereading and actually thinking about what I am saying.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Why would you bring attention to how suspicious you are though? Seeing as there is no jester role, I'm going to keep my vote up.

Maven89

Smash Master
Ok I think Kursed is confused about Rvs, it doesn't relate to the entire day phase only the first initial post. And it's not any sort of hard rule or strategy just a term to refer to the natural progression of the game, with no posts people generally just pick on their friends or try to make a joke, idunno who coined it rvs but for some reason it was named. And somehow this always leads to actual content. It's not really a guideline or plan, so pushing it is never good

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Is it typical to lynch on the first day, or should we wait for more proof to arise before seeking to lynch people?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Yes, if we don't lynch we have less chances to get rid of mafia. But, we try to find as much info as possible before we do at least.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
No thoughts on any other players? You must have some kind of opinion on them. Like, I don't claim to know for sure what everyone's role is, but Maven seems trustworthy to me. He just seems like he wants to get to the bottom of things and uncover the absolute truth. He even provided a potential explanation for Kursed's suspicious behavior, and explained RVS. I have a theory or two about Red Ryu based on something they said, but I don't feel like it's safe to reveal them quite yet. As you all already know, I don't trust Kursed right now. WELL, I don't fully trust anyone right now, but you know what I mean.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Hey Maven, may I ask why you're voting against Hunter? If you could type it in point form that would be nice :)

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
If Rosalina and Maven have not posted by tomorrow they will receive a prod. ( These 2 being the least active. )

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
If Rosalina and Maven have not posted by tomorrow they will receive a prod. ( These 2 being the least active. )
Didn't Maven post like only 16 hours ago?

Anyways, I'll share my thoughts on a couple of people. Keep in mind none of these are anywhere near closeclose to 100% except for nulls.
I'm getting town vibes from Valak due to the pushes he brought to the table and activity.
Ryu I like how he's asking questions and getting/giving info on the game so far.
Kursed I don't have too much of an indication on so he can go either way Null.
The last 3 are null.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Let start here as a baseline, who do you think is more likely to be scum off a best guess off the last three pages?
Everyone has been giving their opinions and thoughts on town ecspecially Zalak and Fire.
I haven't seen much from Rosalina and Maven because they are inactive and I am really beginning to question what you are doing Ryu. Hunter is being suspicous by not answering his thoughts on who is scum which i find is really ideal for scum to do. I have no real vote against anyone yet without solid evidence but if I did have to vote it would be Hunter.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Everyone has been giving their opinions and thoughts on town ecspecially Zalak and Fire.
I haven't seen much from Rosalina and Maven because they are inactive and I am really beginning to question what you are doing Ryu. Hunter is being suspicous by not answering his thoughts on who is scum which i find is really ideal for scum to do. I have no real vote against anyone yet without solid evidence but if I did have to vote it would be Hunter.
I'm trying to get people to take stances or at least attempt them.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Speaking of stances, I think Hunter is closer to mafia than town for me right now. Some fair points have been made, but I'm still not entirely convinced. It's hard to form solid opinions on the players this early in the game.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Town:
Zalak,

Probably Town:
FireEmblemnier, Red Ryu

Null:
RosalinaSGS, Maven89

Probably Mafia:
HunterNinjaReaperPirate