• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jay's Digital World Mini Mafia - Game Over - Town Faction Wins!

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Zalak your activity is through the roof and you're getting into peoples faces ecspecially mine and I hate it-
Good work :)

Red Ryu and Fire you both have been okay I suppose, you are somewhat making accusations but I do feel as if you're sleazing a bit on how hard you are on people.

Rosalina and Maven, Both of you need to get your activity up. Rosalina like Zalak said needs to post more but Rosalina was somewhat poking around until someone brought up something against me and tried to join a majority imo. Maven I really only saw tell others how I felt about RVS but still that's suspicious because Maven hasn't really done much.

Hunter you have been poking around aswell, I haven't really seen you do much opinion on anyone but try to vote against Zalak.

Don't hold me to this because this is complete hypocrisy.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Hey Fire I see you lurking. What are you up to?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Hey Fire I see you lurking. What are you up to?
Oh I left the tab open on my PC :awesome:

So I think our best choices for lynches are Maven, Rosa, or Hunter. Rather than opt for the inactives who could either get their **** together or be replaced. We inquire the more active and suspicious one. Though, I would like to hear what Hunter himself and others think about this PoE acussation.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Process of Elimination. Everyone else has been providing town like info, and besides the inactives, he sticks out a lot more for scummy behavior compared to everyone else. So I'm thinking he could be our lynch candidate

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Ohhhh. I guess I'll be willing to lynch Hunter if his defense doesn't deliver. I'm pretty apprehensive about lynching on the first day at all though.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Oh I left the tab open on my PC :awesome:

So I think our best choices for lynches are Maven, Rosa, or Hunter. Rather than opt for the inactives who could either get their **** together or be replaced. We inquire the more active and suspicious one. Though, I would like to hear what Hunter himself and others think about this PoE acussation.
Let's not be too hasty on lynching. We want to give them a chance to give a defense. Hopefully we have some replacements available.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
The 15th, so we have plenty of time to discuss still. I would recommended we try not to hammer anyone until the deadline is on upon us. Because the more time we use to discuss the better

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
I really feel that our PoE is going to change once Maven and Rosa get their activity up

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Sorry i'm on my phone it lagged and wouldn't let me type.

That's just the obvious but another good reason not to hammer anyone too hard just yet.

Vote: Hunter

Until you respond to my post about you refusing to analyse player slots when really there is only 3 pages of reading with only 4-6 members active. Are you just making an excuse?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Oh yeah, sorry. I actually meant to post something last night but got distracted by... stuff (procrastination ftw), and forgot to finish it. And also, I'm not going to be too active during next week. I have a couple of assignments coming up, but will still be reading up.

Reads:
Zalak: Town lean, he's projecting a town mindset, but I didn't like some of his previous, early posts too much. Possibly because of the caps (seriously, stop shouting)
Kursed: He's appears suspicious, but too suspicious. I get the feeling mafia, especially a newbie one, would be perhaps taking greater care with what they say, possible to the point of being overly defensive. Currently just got him as a newbie null. However, you should stop undermining your own arguments by highlighting your own actions. It's quite unhelpful, no matter what allegiance you are, and paints you in quite a bad picture.
Hunter: gut newbiemafia lean. He hasn't really posted anything of use. His posts are quite sparse, and don't really say much. I get the feeling he may be posting just to not be regarded as overly inactive.

I have a couple of other decent reads, but for now, don't wish to reveal them.

Also, I don't think giving out town reads helps us too much. It just tells the mafia who we think are reliable, and who they should nk (night kill). While they do help us when someone you think is townie is about to be lynched, when they're not being threatened, telling everyone you read them as town hinders us more than it helps.

Sorry i'm on my phone it lagged and wouldn't let me type.

That's just the obvious but another good reason not to hammer anyone too hard just yet.

Vote: Hunter

Until you respond to my post about you refusing to analyse player slots when really there is only 3 pages of reading with only 4-6 members active. Are you just making an excuse?
@ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂

Town:
Zalak,

Probably Town:
FireEmblemnier, Red Ryu

Null:
RosalinaSGS, Maven89

Probably Mafia:
HunterNinjaReaperPirate

Mafia:
Other than inactivity, is there anything which makes you think he's mafia?

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
To restate what rosalinasgs said, what points to me being mafia, other than activity?
Feel free to reread and give me your thoughts.
Okay, there isn't much to go on
Zalak is clearly town, Maven was trying to help clear things up (doesn't give me much)
I can't say much about anyone due to lack of posts, rereading isn't helping for me

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
To restate what rosalinasgs said, what points to me being mafia, other than activity?

Okay, there isn't much to go on
Zalak is clearly town, Maven was trying to help clear things up (doesn't give me much)
I can't say much about anyone due to lack of posts, rereading isn't helping for me
The purpose of mafia is to work out everyone's intents. Simply reading and re-reading won't help very much in this respect, although it can give you a good overview of events. To properly read someone, try to empathise with them, and guess why they are doing what they did. From their perspective, did it make sense to say that? What were they trying to do, and why were they trying to do something like that? However, it's also important to remember that people, and their opinions, can change rather easily. As such, it's useful to remember the context of one person's actions, and that should also be analysed to properly read a person.

E.g. currently, most people seem to think Zalak is town. I can understand why they would, given his frequent posts, numerous pushes for information, and also his rather explicit desire to work things out, gain information. Most people seem to be of the opinion that he is trying his best to help town. A similar procedure can be applied to most people. Although it can be difficult to understand people who seem to be playing oddly, it's still possible to empathise with them through questions/ analysis of their responses.

@Red Ryu Anything to add?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Update on reads:
Deadline is kind of coming up. The only people I feel comfortable lynching right now are: Kursed, Hunter or Maven. Out of the three, I think lynching Kursed might actually help us the most, given that we would learn almost absolutely nothing from lynching either of the other two.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
And why not?
I can't really answer this without revealing too much. If circumstances dictate I must reveal them, then I shall, but only when I feel it would be appropriate.
It's not the activity that made me believe he is mafia lean. It's the response that Hunter gave Ryu when Ryu asked him about analyzing.
That's just one post. Do you think that's enough to already have read him as mafia? If so, what didn't you really like about it? Isn't it possible he couldn't actually find anything?

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
I can't really answer this without revealing too much. If circumstances dictate I must reveal them, then I shall, but only when I feel it would be appropriate.
I could egg you on about this because I am truly curious on what you have to say which is so secretive

That's just one post. Do you think that's enough to already have read him as mafia? If so, what didn't you really like about it? Isn't it possible he couldn't actually find anything?
That is absolutely bs Rosa and you know it. I didn't like the fact that Hunter didn't seem to even try to give out his thoughts on anyone even without/with viewing the last few pages. Even if you don't actually reread you can still have accusations on people and question their stances.

In fact, i'm beginning to wonder why you are trying to switch the focus to me in more depth. I make a point and stand by it which makes me mafia?

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Zalak tbh

You're acting like kind of a suckup. You're agreeing with a lot of people.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Rosalina, while I do think Kursed is acting odd, he's not the only one here who distrusts Hunter. Why do you target him specifically? I'm don't doubt that you have a reason. I just want to know what it is, if you can reveal it.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Rosalina, while I do think Kursed is acting odd, he's not the only one here who distrusts Hunter. Why do you target him specifically? I'm don't doubt that you have a reason. I just want to know what it is, if you can reveal it.
Kursed: He's appears suspicious, but too suspicious. I get the feeling mafia, especially a newbie one, would be perhaps taking greater care with what they say, possible to the point of being overly defensive. Currently just got him as a newbie null. However, you should stop undermining your own arguments by highlighting your own actions. It's quite unhelpful, no matter what allegiance you are, and paints you in quite a bad picture.
if you read, Zalak you'll understand what she/he is saying. I disagree somewhat though.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Fire I know you're here. Do you have anything to add?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Aye, I know they're suspicious of you, Kursed, but Maven, Fire, and I all think Hunter is fairly suspicious for more or less the same reason.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I think I understand why this is, but I'd like an explanation from Rosalina him/herself.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Aye, I know they're suspicious of you, Kursed, but Maven, Fire, and I all think Hunter is fairly suspicious for more or less the same reason.
Where in the world did Maven say he was suspicous of Hunter?

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Oh, I didn't see that. I thought Maven was still inactive

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
I was so focused on my argument I didn't look back on others.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I really wish we could get more players active at one time. I'd like to hear from those who haven't spoken in a while.

Maven89

Smash Master
Red Ryu has been sheeping people's opinions throughout this game

VOTE: Zalak

I really don't think it is. From a newcomer perspective, it does seem illogical.
Vote: Zalak

explain that more.
That is true. Saying RVS is lame then doing it yourself is fishy. But I wouldn't say entirely scum worthy
But in the end, do you think this can be a valid basis to call someone out for being town or scum?
Hunter's posts, however, seemed the most off. He jumped in with a vote on a player people were pushing, barely explained himself, and then said the player was town to him, but kept his vote.

Vote: HunterReaperPirate
Unvote

Why then did you keep your vote on?
(for the last one, the hunter vote was a while before my post, but ryu only asked the question after I did)

I've seen Ryu as scum do the exact same thing before.

Rosalina, however, needs to die.

Vote: Rosalina

His/her "read" posts consisted of nothing but null/slight reads, followed with the idea that she/he has "secret" reads he/she doesn't want to tell us. And the explanation for that is this

Which is such an obvious claim to be a PR that it has to be bull****. Rosalina is new, but not that new, and he/she has been in game where Zenny as scum did the exact same thing and managed to coast on it the entire game, while I was a PR in another game, and while I wasn't breadcrumbing it looked like I was and got outed/killed for it. So I do not believe for a second Rosalina would just out herself like that at all if she was an actual PR, but instead is hoping to hint at it to clear herself or maybe grab the doc protection, because she/he is neither.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I want to agree with you, but I think that's only because Rosalina called me out on my shouting. I think you're jumping to conclusions here.

FIRST OFF: There are plenty of possible reasons to not give out your read right away. Rosalina might be doing it to protect someone they suspect of being a PR. They might be doing it to throw the mafia off. Any role can keep a secret, even vanilla townie.

SECONDLY: It's still very early in the game. At this stage, slight reads are common. If you're gonna question someone's reads, you should question Hunter's. All he's really said is that he thinks I'm town.

I get that Rosalina is acting kind of suspiciously, but I wouldn't say scumworthy quite yet. I'm obviously not as familiar with Rosalina's playstyle, but I wouldn't call them the most suspicious one here.

Also.. why didn't you call me out when I said I had a secret theory? Because I'm newer to the game?

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
My stance on the situation is Rosalina noticed more stuff on Kursed to put an opinion on, rather than the Hunter who has been around, but not really noticeable without having any stances on anything besides the things mentioned by everyone else, but choppier.

Vote Hunter

Top Bottom