• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jay's Digital World Mini Mafia - Game Over - Town Faction Wins!

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Very well, since everyone's so curious, I'll expand further. The rest of my reads are mostly town reads, which as I have already stated, I do not believe should be revealed unless truly necessary. It probably didn't comunicate through clearly, but to some extent that was my purpose. Additionally, I was not trying to breadcrumb in any way. Nor can I see how concealing your reads could imply I am a PR.

As for my questioning of Kursed, I was trying to read him. He was the only player online at the time, so I tried to generate more content. Yes, some of my questions were rubbish, but reactions to those types of questions are still able to give information on the slot.

And I realise my reads are very weak. They typically are this early on. It's very difficult to already have a solid read on someone so early, and I'm unwilling to commit to something which can easily bite me later on.

P.S. I do have a couple decent reads right now, but also don't want to reveal them. Not necessarily for the same reason though.

This is just supporting my theory Zalak that you are acting suck-up ish. You're agreeing with a lot of people! Where are your finds?
+1

Because a null read is something you cannot pin on a person. At this stage in the game she should have something to actually point to, mafia do not want to be tied down, saying someone is a town/scummy read can later bite them in the *** if they want to lynch someone but previously claimed the person was town. Giving a town/scum read also requires them to actually have an opinion. I, however, am not voting Rosalina for only having null reads, but for the later line in my quote that you cut off, where she hinted at having a PR, The nothing-but-null was just on top of that.

Why would you say town?

Please list a single scenario where someone would claim "they have reads but for reasons are not going to talk about them" and that person being town? Remember that a persons voice is the only power a townie has, not giving out reads is never conductive

Hunter is pure inactive. If you're going to say it's not telling the person hasn't done anything because it's still early, why are you then trying to push Hunter for the same thing? Wouldn't that clear him too?

Because saying you have a secret theory is not hinting that you have a PR. The only thing that would make Rosalina's sentence make sense was if she was the tracker and didn't want to give out her reads because she wanted to track the person that night, and didn't want to warn anyone. That doesn't make any real sense at all since no one would ever know she was the tracker, and would do nothing but out herself to the mafia. Since she did that and would know better, I do not believe for a second she's actually a PR but is hoping other players picked up on her hint.

I'm going to go find that quote from Zenny where he did something similar so you can understand the difference between saying you have a secret and actually hinting that you have a PR
I really don't see how concealing reads possibly implies I'm a PR. Yes, I have a couple of secrets. Does that mean I'm a PR? Or does it just mean I've learnt a couple of things which aren't appropriate to post right now?
Also, I never stated I had a secret on my own initiative. Admittedly, I concealed my reads, but it was only after questioning by Kursed that I had to explicitly state that I had a secret.

And Maven's right when he says you guys shouldn't argue my case for me. If I'm mafia, you're defending the wrong person. If I'm town, you're undermining my argument. Either way, it's not in town's best interests. Sometimes, it's best to stay silent for a while.

Reads:
I only want to lynch Zalak or Hunter atm. Not sure who'd I'd prefer, but possibly Zalak for the sake of information.

@ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ You are being seriously inactive.
@ JayTheUnseen JayTheUnseen How about a prod?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Red Ryu has been sheeping people's opinions throughout this game

(for the last one, the hunter vote was a while before my post, but ryu only asked the question after I did)

I've seen Ryu as scum do the exact same thing before.

Rosalina, however, needs to die.

Vote: Rosalina

His/her "read" posts consisted of nothing but null/slight reads, followed with the idea that she/he has "secret" reads he/she doesn't want to tell us. And the explanation for that is this

Which is such an obvious claim to be a PR that it has to be bull****. Rosalina is new, but not that new, and he/she has been in game where Zenny as scum did the exact same thing and managed to coast on it the entire game, while I was a PR in another game, and while I wasn't breadcrumbing it looked like I was and got outed/killed for it. So I do not believe for a second Rosalina would just out herself like that at all if she was an actual PR, but instead is hoping to hint at it to clear herself or maybe grab the doc protection, because she/he is neither.
Just rereading your Ryunsrgument, and it does hold some merit, but not very much in my opinion. Still worth discussing though, @ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
You gave us three instances, and each of those does show some sheeping, but they also showed questioning, in an attempt to gain answers. I'm not sure how this would impact my read of him.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Aye, I know they're suspicious of you, Kursed, but Maven, Fire, and I all think Hunter is fairly suspicious for more or less the same reason.
I don't think they're actually suspicious for the same reason. Hunter's basically inactive, and is therefore rather suspicious to a certain degree. Kursed posts relatively frequently, and I find him suspicious based off of these posts, rather than pure inactivity.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Rosalina you're pushing a lot
You've stated you have your secrets and although you may be trying help move the game along, you could also be trying to divert attention away from you while making yourself seem trustworthy

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Rosalina you're pushing a lot
You've stated you have your secrets and although you may be trying help move the game along, you could also be trying to divert attention away from you while making yourself seem trustworthy
Yes, that's true. However, it's not really feasible for me to question others without directing attention away from me.

I'll post more as well, I've been failing to keep up with this
I'm going to hold you to this.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Okay,
I have no definitive reads for town yet
Zalak still strikes me as town
Red Ruy, I still have my suspicions about. He's been pushing people to explain their opinions without stating much of his
Kursed comes off as mafia to me, he's been prodding everyone. I want to see your response to this
Your "secret reads" Rosalina is what makes you a bit suspicious. You mentioned them only to recant and say they were mostly town reads and weak
I've got nothing on Maven
Fireemblemnier began the game with RVS,(which isn't that suspicious imo because it's I wasn't familiar with RVS) but he's come off as neutral for the rest of the game
I'll hold my vote until I get responses

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I've was really busy yesterday and still going to continue to be busy even more. Should I just call for an replacement, since I don't expect to have a sufficient amount of free time?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Okay,
I have no definitive reads for town yet
Zalak still strikes me as town
Red Ruy, I still have my suspicions about. He's been pushing people to explain their opinions without stating much of his
Kursed comes off as mafia to me, he's been prodding everyone. I want to see your response to this
Your "secret reads" Rosalina is what makes you a bit suspicious. You mentioned them only to recant and say they were mostly town reads and weak
I've got nothing on Maven
Fireemblemnier began the game with RVS,(which isn't that suspicious imo because it's I wasn't familiar with RVS) but he's come off as neutral for the rest of the game
I'll hold my vote until I get responses
I didn't actually say my town reads were weak, but they were town reads, and thus unhelpful if just given out generally.

I've was really busy yesterday and still going to continue to be busy even more. Should I just call for an replacement, since I don't expect to have a sufficient amount of free time?
Probably ask for a replacement, but still try to contribute and read up if one isn't available.

Maven89

Smash Master
I really don't see how concealing reads possibly implies I'm a PR. Yes, I have a couple of secrets. Does that mean I'm a PR? Or does it just mean I've learnt a couple of things which aren't appropriate to post right now?
Also, I never stated I had a secret on my own initiative. Admittedly, I concealed my reads
The idea was this

1. You claimed to have secret reads, but didn't want to tell anyone
2. Since townies can only get their reads lynched by voting, this implies you had other plans for your reads
3. The only other way a townie can manage the game is if they have a PR
4. Therefore, implying you have a PR and will use it on your reads

Your post, however, makes sense and I think I probably jumped the gun on immediately claiming you were scum.

Unvote: Rosalina
I'll say I don't see how Zalak's reaction would be scum unless Rosalina is scum, there's no reason for him to vote for the person who matched his own reads if he was actually scum, if anything he'd be delighted I was agreeing with him. I think it's more likely he was turned off by my "Rose needs to die" post and was having a knee-jerk reaction to that.

I'll re-read. Atm I'd say we can lynch Hunter

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Request replacement.

Better to have someone who can give activity rather than someone who's really busy for the next few days.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Can you please explain this in more depth please?
Actually my wording makes it sounds worse than I meant
You've just been aggressive is all, granted you could be trying to help the game along but it doesn't hurt to have doubts

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Other than his aggression, is there anything that made Maven vote worthy in your opinion?
Not really. It just seemed strange for him to mention Red Ryu, who I also think is suspicious, then go full force trying to lynch Rosalina. I guess I got the sense that Red Ryu and Maven were both scum, because Maven didn't actually try to lynch Red. I know he claimed to be more sure about Rosalina's guilt than Red's, but Rosalina did not seem scum worthy to me at that time.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
As suspicious as I am of Hunter, I also think Kursed has been acting pretty scummy. Hunter could just be using this to divert attention away from himself though.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
As suspicious as I am of Hunter, I also think Kursed has been acting pretty scummy. Hunter could just be using this to divert attention away from himself though.
Holy **** Zalak! Again with the agreements! Proove to me why you think I'm scummy. I don't want anyone else to answer this but you.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
@ Fire Emblemier Fire Emblemier 's slot has been officially replaced by @Gheb_01.

@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu ( 0 )
@ Maven89 Maven89 ( 0 )
@ Zalak Zalak ( 0 )
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ ( 0 )
@ Kursed Kursed ( 0 )
@ RosalinaSGS RosalinaSGS ( 1 ) Maven89
@ WolfieXVII ❂ WolfieXVII ❂ ( 2 ) Kursed, Gheb_01

Not voting: Red Ryu, Zalak, RosalinaSGS, Zalak

(Correct me if any of this is wrong
:teeth:)

With 7 players alive, it takes a voting majority of 4 players to lynch someone.

Deadline is 3/15 11:59 PM CST, aka the last minute of Sunday this week.

Last edited:

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I suppose it's mostly because you called yourself the most suspicious player, Kursed. Also, you're calling me scum for.. agreeing with people. Am I never supposed to agree with anyone? I suppose you've been more helpful recently, but you seemed to be voting randomly a lot earlier on. To me, you seem really hungry for a lynch.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Sorry, I just wanted to use the Unknown. STILL, I'd like to hear your reasons for wanting to lynch Red Ryu.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I'm not sure, Gheb. I was hoping your explanation might help me to decide. :247:

I'm still not entirely sure about Maven, Kursed, or Ryu, but Hunter seems like the most suspicious to me right now. That's mostly just because of his inactivity though.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
I'm not sure, Gheb. I was hoping your explanation might help me to decide. :247:

I'm still not entirely sure about Maven, Kursed, or Ryu, but Hunter seems like the most suspicious to me right now. That's mostly just because of his inactivity though.
Other than activity, is there anything else you notice about him?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Well, he's yet to give a truly unique read on anyone. So far, all of his reads seem to just be him agreeing with someone.... not that there is anything wrong with agreeing with people, but he hasn't brought much to the table himself.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Still, that could very well be due to his inactivity. I just wish he would post more.

Maven89

Smash Master
We have 2 more days after this night, if the game continues to just be Kursed/Zalak posting back and forth nothing will ever get done. There's not even a lot of posts

I said my piece and I'm waiting for others to post more

Rosalina I want you to post your reads

Top Bottom