• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jay's Digital World Mini Mafia - Game Over - Town Faction Wins!

Maven89

Smash Master
Pretty much. However, I said I had reads since I would be asked about the rest of my reads, or I'll have to lie, which is never a good idea.
Interesting you said that, since your explanation was a lie

Rosalina is claiming her secret read (which was originally "reads", then she later claimed they were only town reads, then later claimed it was really just a single town read on the person pushing her to post her reads) was that I was town because of the reasons I listed for pushing Rosalina. That push came after she claimed to have secret reads, which means it's impossible for her explanation to be true. And then these two quotes from right after she first said she had secret reads (emphasis added)

I have a couple of other decent reads, but for now, don't wish to reveal them.
Update on reads:
Deadline is kind of coming up. The only people I feel comfortable lynching right now are: Kursed, Hunter or Maven. Out of the three, I think lynching Kursed might actually help us the most, given that we would learn almost absolutely nothing from lynching either of the other two.
Her secret read was that I was town, but then immediate puts me in the "comfortable lynch" zone and claims there's zero information if I was lynched. That does not seem like she had a town read on me at all

Vote: RosalinaSG

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Actually you know what?

After reading Maven's post i'm switching my vote to Rosa. rosa you haven't had a sound post yet.

Unvote Vote: RosalinaSGS

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Fishing for pro-town credit on grounds of "getting town out of RVS" is scummy, my friend. Not to mention that you didn't kickstart" ****. You just asked Zalak a couple of shallow questions.

Nope, you haven't done anything this game. You can die.

Uhhhhhhh, I have no idea what you're trying to tell me ...

No, it's quite irrelevant now.

:059:
Trying to start the game is scummy?!

K Gheb can die now.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
:201h::201m::201m::201m::201m:

This is the order in which I would lynch them:
Hunter: Hasn't generated a lot of content. He seems to be sheeping a LOT. Hasn't done anything to make me think he's town.

Rosalina/Kursed: Hard to place these two. They've been acting kind of similarly. If I had to order them, I MIGHT put Rosalina first, just because I think she's generated a slightly greater quantity of suspicious content, but they're pretty much tied in my eyes. If one is found guilty, I'll be very willing to lynch the other one, as I still suspect they're working together.

Gheb: Gheb is just being too hard on Red Ryu for a simple case of slight inactivity. Out of all of us, Red Ryu was easily the most active in the beginning of the game. I don't see why Gheb is denying that. Red was not as active in the middle, but their activity has picked up recently. I can sort of understand where he's coming from though, as Red was kind of inactive mid-game.

Maven89

Smash Master
Gheb never claimed Red Ryu was inactive, though. This reason was laid out here

That leaves Ryu's slot and I cant think of anything pro-town he's done yet. None of the reads he posted are substantial or backed up solidly and it's the only time he's shared any content. That's pretty shallow and weak.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Simply put my accusation is that Ryu actively avoids taking clear stances that could be held against him at one point. So it's pretty much the opposite of what you seem to think.

It still seems weird for Gheb to deny that Red Ryu kickstarted the game.
He asked a bunch of ****ty questions ... nothing more.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Well, actually I don't agree with you. It takes guts to be the first one to put yourself under the spotlight. I don't think a member of the mafia would do that.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That logic doesn't work. If mafia always avoided the spotlight it'd be easy to find them because all town has to do to find the mafia is to be active. Not to mention that you can be active without being in the spotlight anyway.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
It doesn't really take guts to put yourself in the spotlight either btw. A lot of the time people tend to get [often unwarranted] pro-town credit for it, in very much the same way you're giving Ryu unwarranted pro-town credit. If asking a bunch of fruitless questions is already enough to give you pro-town vibes then you shouldn't be surprised that people accuse of you just agreeing with everything.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Besides what the actual **** are you doing defending Ryu in the first place? That's his business, not yours. If you want to make yourself useful then you should start to actually push for the people you want to get lynched and quit cockblocking good pushes of other people.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I am. As I recall it, this conversation started when I listed you as one of my prime suspects. I'm not at all worried Ryu is going to be lynched today. I think it's much more likely that Rosa, Kursed, or Hunter will be lynched. I've been defending Ryu in order to get more out of you, as we haven't seen you post very much yet. I don't mean to say that your lack of posts is scummy. You just replaced into the game, so of course you're not going to have as many posts as us. I'm still getting a slight mafia lean from you though. Your arguments have made sense for the most part, but a couple of your posts gave me bad vibes.

"
Fishing for pro-town credit on grounds of "getting town out of RVS" is scummy, my friend. Not to mention that you didn't kickstart" ****. You just asked Zalak a couple of shallow questions.

Nope, you haven't done anything this game. You can die."

"He asked a bunch of ****ty questions ... nothing more."

This just seems way too aggressive for day one. Also, Red Ryu mentioned having to study for a test during his longest period of inactivity. While it's not necessarily true, I'm willing to believe it is.

ALSO: ****ty questions are pretty much all you can ask at the beginning of the game. seriously, what more do you want?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Welp, I guess we're not going to be able to lynch Hunter, Kursed, or Gheb..

Vote: RosalinaSGS

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Interesting you said that, since your explanation was a lie

Rosalina is claiming her secret read (which was originally "reads", then she later claimed they were only town reads, then later claimed it was really just a single town read on the person pushing her to post her reads) was that I was town because of the reasons I listed for pushing Rosalina. That push came after she claimed to have secret reads, which means it's impossible for her explanation to be true. And then these two quotes from right after she first said she had secret reads (emphasis added)

Her secret read was that I was town, but then immediate puts me in the "comfortable lynch" zone and claims there's zero information if I was lynched. That does not seem like she had a town read on me at all

Vote: RosalinaSG
My reads changed as the game progressed. First, at the very beginning, my town reads were actually FiE and someone who I can't remember. I think it was either Kursed or Zalak, more likely Kursed. However, my FiE read was overturned by his futher inactivity, and I had to reconsider my other read after giving out some advice, and trying that out myself. After that, I think you posted your push on me, and thus I got the idea you were town. I haven't read up yet, but from memory
I realise that this means that I've had a town lean on pretty much everyone at some point, but that's what happened.

I'm at l-1, can someone unvote?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
FoS @ Kursed Kursed , @ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ . Moreso Gheb. Given your experience, how did you forget the fact reads change, especially given the span across which Maven's argument spread?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I'm going to have to vote you again if we get too close to the deadline and we're not lynching someone else though.. the clocks ticking

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
@ Zalak Zalak Did my post change your opinion, or are you merely unvoting so I don't get alpha striked.

@ Zalak Zalak ,@ Kursed Kursed It's really not wise to vote someone before you give them a chance to defend themselves.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Or maybe not, I really don't know if it's a good idea to lynch today. I feel like we have a good chance of lynching a townie

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
It's to avoid an alpha striking. You swayed me a little bit, but you still seem pretty mafia to me. I'd be willing to lynch Gheb, Hunter, or Kursed instead of you if we must.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
We currently have 28 hours left to decide on a lynch if I read correctly. It's almost always to town's advantage to lynch everyday, as that's our primary method of gaining guaranteed correct information. However, I'm pretty sure Hunter's a better lynch choice than me. He's posted very little, despite frequent prods. If that's not suspicious, I don't know what is.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
It's to avoid an alpha striking. You swayed me a little bit, but you still seem pretty mafia to me. I'd be willing to lynch Gheb, Hunter, or Kursed instead of you if we must.
Right, what about my posts make me seem to be mafia?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Hunter is honestly the person I want to lynch most, but I need support from the others in order to do that.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Mostly the secret reads thing. I don't see why it took that much effort to get you to reveal them.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Throw back to an older post: @ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ why didn't you tell Kursed what he had done to become suspicious in your eyes when he asked?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
It was the fact that I felt I had good reasons not to reveal them, and you guys never proved to me I should. You asked me to, but if a request isn't proof that revealing them is the best option. Otherwise we would be able to simply ask the mafia to reveal themselves. Notice that I immediately revealed them when you provided a reasonable argument as to why further concealing them was detrimental to our game. Admittedly, outside sources also had a role, but your argument was a major factor.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
@Whoever the 4th person online right now is. Thoughts? How about posting something.

Maven89

Smash Master
Yeah Rose didn't address the central issue so I'm definitely thinking we lynch her today

Zalak it's almost always better to lynch the most suspicious, because tomorrow there's not really going to be any more info except for the NK, which the mafia pick and for which there's no blame for. Even if Rose turns out to be town, then everyone pushing her is suspicious and the town is in a better spot day 2 with more information then it would have otherwise.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Yeah Rose didn't address the central issue so I'm definitely thinking we lynch her today

Zalak it's almost always better to lynch the most suspicious, because tomorrow there's not really going to be any more info except for the NK, which the mafia pick and for which there's no blame for. Even if Rose turns out to be town, then everyone pushing her is suspicious and the town is in a better spot day 2 with more information then it would have otherwise.
I did. You claimed that I had a town read on you early on in game, which wasn't reflected in my posts. That is not true. At that time, my town reads were on FiE and someone else, rather than you, explaining why my posts didn't reflect a town read on you.

Top Bottom