• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jay's Digital World Mini Mafia - Game Over - Town Faction Wins!

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
My secret reads changed over time, explaining my town read of you despite the fact it came after I claimed to have secret reads.

Maven89

Smash Master
I did. You claimed that I had a town read on you early on in game, which wasn't reflected in my posts. That is not true. At that time, my town reads were on FiE and someone else, rather than you, explaining why my posts didn't reflect a town read on you.
yet we asked you what your secret reads were, and you told us it was me as town for pushing you, I clarified if this is what you were saying and you said yes. I specifically asked if this is what you were keeping secret and you said yes

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
yet we asked you what your secret reads were, and you told us it was me as town for pushing you, I clarified if this is what you were saying and you said yes. I specifically asked if this is what you were keeping secret and you said yes
Those were my secret reads at the time. When I first claimed I had secret reads, I hadn't read you as town. I hadn't meant that I had read you as town already when I first had reads. If so, why would I immediately afterwards say I was comfortable with lynching you?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Actually you know what?

After reading Maven's post i'm switching my vote to Rosa. rosa you haven't had a sound post yet.

Unvote Vote: RosalinaSGS
What do you mean I haven't had a sound post yet? I feel many of my posts were logical, with sound reasoning. You never objected to any of them when I first posted them.

Maven89

Smash Master
. Out of everyone left, I have only concealed reads on Gheb and Maven. Due to Fie inactivity, I don't have anything on Gheb.
While no-one or very few people posted they thought you were town, concealing my read of you would allow me to prevent attention being drawn to you. However, after everyone revealed their thoughts on you, my reason became moot.
in-between me pushing Rose and the second time she said she had secret reads, I've been voted on, and most of page 5 is entirely about me/my push, so her argument that she didn't want to attract attention to me is void because I had already gathered attention. This would only make sense if she was referring to her first set of secret reads, which is the time period when i was under the radar and not active

I did. You claimed that I had a town read on you early on in game, which wasn't reflected in my posts. That is not true. At that time, my town reads were on FiE and someone else, rather than you, explaining why my posts didn't reflect a town read on you.
yet earlier she said her read was on FIE's slot was nothing, and that it was only me and gheb/fie she ever had secret reads on. Now she's saying it's FIE + someone else + me, and that her FIE read was that he was town.

I shouldn't, but I'll bite. Who was this mystery person you've been hiding a read on the entire time?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
in-between me pushing Rose and the second time she said she had secret reads, I've been voted on, and most of page 5 is entirely about me/my push, so her argument that she didn't want to attract attention to me is void because I had already gathered attention. This would only make sense if she was referring to her first set of secret reads, which is the time period when i was under the radar and not active

yet earlier she said her read was on FIE's slot was nothing, and that it was only me and gheb/fie she ever had secret reads on. Now she's saying it's FIE + someone else + me, and that her FIE read was that he was town.

I shouldn't, but I'll bite. Who was this mystery person you've been hiding a read on the entire time?
I myself said that my attempt to avoid attracting attention to you was moot, and that was a partial reason why I decided to reveal my reads. While you were pushing me, I was in the limelight, rather than you. No-one knew our opinions on you, given that no-one had posted reads yet. After everyone agreed you were town, my reason to avoid attention became moot.
And I'm not sure I fully understand your second statement. My earlier reads were on FiE and someone else. The reason I'm not naming them is because i've forgotten who it was. I think it was Kursed, but it could also have been Zalak. Not sure. However, afterwards, my reads changed, as FiE became inactive, and I rethought my read on Kursed/ Zalak. After your push on me, I decided you were town.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I see what you mean when you say you had already gathered attention. However, everyone's attention was on you due to inactivity. At that time, I saw no reason not to point the spotlight at you, since I hadn't read you as town yet. After you posted, pushing me, the spotlight was turned on me. Admittedly, you were still noticed, but you weren't about to be lynched. There was no reason for me to say "Maven's town" and get you nked.

Maven89

Smash Master
I quoted every post I could find of Rosalina mentioning her hidden reads so it could all be read at once.

Reads:
Zalak: Town lean, he's projecting a town mindset, but I didn't like some of his previous, early posts too much. Possibly because of the caps (seriously, stop shouting)
Kursed: He's appears suspicious, but too suspicious. I get the feeling mafia, especially a newbie one, would be perhaps taking greater care with what they say, possible to the point of being overly defensive. Currently just got him as a newbie null. However, you should stop undermining your own arguments by highlighting your own actions. It's quite unhelpful, no matter what allegiance you are, and paints you in quite a bad picture.
Hunter: gut newbiemafia lean. He hasn't really posted anything of use. His posts are quite sparse, and don't really say much. I get the feeling he may be posting just to not be regarded as overly inactive.

I have a couple of other decent reads, but for now, don't wish to reveal them.
The first post. Notice that she listed Zalak as town, and then mentioned she had secret reads besides that. Keep that in mind when she starts talking about why she had secret reads at all. Specifically, because it was so early in the game, there's no real way she could have a town read stronger then lean at this point.

Update on reads:
Deadline is kind of coming up. The only people I feel comfortable lynching right now are: Kursed, Hunter or Maven. Out of the three, I think lynching Kursed might actually help us the most, given that we would learn almost absolutely nothing from lynching either of the other two.
I can't really answer this without revealing too much. If circumstances dictate I must reveal them, then I shall, but only when I feel it would be appropriate.
At this point in the game, I hadn't posted much. Now I post and make my Rosalina push.

Very well, since everyone's so curious, I'll expand further. The rest of my reads are mostly town reads, which as I have already stated, I do not believe should be revealed unless truly necessary. It probably didn't comunicate through clearly, but to some extent that was my purpose. Additionally, I was not trying to breadcrumb in any way. Nor can I see how concealing your reads could imply I am a PR.

And I realise my reads are very weak. They typically are this early on. It's very difficult to already have a solid read on someone so early, and I'm unwilling to commit to something which can easily bite me later on.

P.S. I do have a couple decent reads right now, but also don't want to reveal them. Not necessarily for the same reason though.
note here that she mentions having secret reads that aren't town reads

Also, I never stated I had a secret on my own initiative. Admittedly, I concealed my reads, but it was only after questioning by Kursed that I had to explicitly state that I had a secret.
(it should be noted those last two quotes were from the same post, i just took the relevant parts. click the little arrow on the quote to read the middle parts if you wish)

I didn't actually say my town reads were weak, but they were town reads, and thus unhelpful if just given out generally.
Why do you want my reads? They're town reads, and none of them are being investigated atm. I'm not unwilling to give them out, but I want to hear your reasoning first.
now she says they're only town reads

As for my reads, the entire reason I am hiding them is so that the mafia don't know who I think is town, and therefore don't know who would be a good idea to lynch. Some may be town, some may be null. As the people I'm reading town are not in a situation to be lynched right now, I don't believe revealing them would aid us very much. But I will expand on my mafia reads:
says it again

Very well, I'm convinced. Out of everyone left, I have only concealed reads on Gheb and Maven. Due to Fie inactivity, I don't have anything on Gheb. However, I have a solid town read on Maven. His posts made sense and used sound logic, although he did overreact a bit. When you consider things from his perspective, his actions can really only be described as town.
yet now it's back to "mostly" town, with zero explanation of why she would keep the Gheb read secret.

Primarily for the reasons stated above. While no-one or very few people posted they thought you were town, concealing my read of you would allow me to prevent attention being drawn to you. However, after everyone revealed their thoughts on you, my reason became moot. Questioning Zalak was primarily an attempt to generate content and attempt to get a better read of him. Additionally, his reasoning actually brought to mind several reasons I shouldn't conceal my reads, some of which I'd forgotten. Thus, I decided to reveal my reads after my reasons to conceal them became moot.
My reads changed as the game progressed. First, at the very beginning, my town reads were actually FiE and someone who I can't remember. I think it was either Kursed or Zalak, more likely Kursed.
Now re-read the first post. He already mentioned Zalak was town to him (removing lots of the reasons he claimed to be keeping his reads secret), and had Kursed as null. And after this was the first time he said he had secret reads. So this mystery person couldn't be either of them.

However, my FiE read was overturned by his futher inactivity, and I had to reconsider my other read after giving out some advice, and trying that out myself.
What advice was this? You don't remember who the read was on but you remember what happened to it and why? How does that work?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I quoted every post I could find of Rosalina mentioning her hidden reads so it could all be read at once.

The first post. Notice that she listed Zalak as town, and then mentioned she had secret reads besides that. Keep that in mind when she starts talking about why she had secret reads at all. Specifically, because it was so early in the game, there's no real way she could have a town read stronger then lean at this point.

At this point in the game, I hadn't posted much. Now I post and make my Rosalina push.

note here that she mentions having secret reads that aren't town reads

(it should be noted those last two quotes were from the same post, i just took the relevant parts. click the little arrow on the quote to read the middle parts if you wish)

now she says they're only town reads

says it again

yet now it's back to "mostly" town, with zero explanation of why she would keep the Gheb read secret.

Now re-read the first post. He already mentioned Zalak was town to him (removing lots of the reasons he claimed to be keeping his reads secret), and had Kursed as null. And after this was the first time he said he had secret reads. So this mystery person couldn't be either of them.

What advice was this? You don't remember who the read was on but you remember what happened to it and why? How does that work?
I have no qualms with most of your statements. However, I specifically stated that my hidden reads were "Not necessarily for the same reason". I didn't say they were a different reason. I merely stated they didn't have to be for the same reason, i.e. the rest of my reads might not be town. If I hadn't said this, then it would be obvious the rest of my reads are town reads, and hiding my reads would be pointless. Notice it is a very vague statement, and deliberately so. Unfortunately, it appears to have worked too well. My hidden reads were only town reads all along.

As to why I kept my Gheb read secret, it was to avoid revealing you were town. If I had revealed Gheb was null, and everyone already knew my concealed reads are town reads, then it follows that my read of Maven must be town. Basically, I may as well not have concealed my reads in the first place.

As to my read on the other person, I honestly cannot remember. I'm trying to remember things, and seemed to think Zalak or Kursed were town, but I clearly wasn't. My memory is flawed, I cannot be presumed to be able to remember everything perfectly. As to why I can kind of remember why my read changed of him, I cannot explain that. Honestly, that might not have happened. I seem to remember it did, but that memory might also be flawed.

P.s. My reveal of my Zalak lean at the beginning was to emphasise that I didn't entirely agree with everyone's read of him at the time. Most people seemed to think he was town, and I wanted to emphasise the fact that I didn't whoheartedly agree. Plus, since most people thought Zalak was town, concealing that read wouldn't actually do much.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I'm going to try to summarise my thoughts over the entire game on my concealed reads.
First, randomly giving out town reads only helps the mafia. So, I decided I'm not going to give out town reads.
Second, I should still give out reads when necessary. So I give my Zalak read. Everyone already pretty much agreed he was town, so I may as well give my input. My reason for concealing my reads does not apply after everyone has already commented on him.
Third, I realised maven was town. Now I seek to conceal it.
Fourth, I give out all my mafia reads, with an additionaly one on Red Ryu since I felt it was necessary. At this point, the only reads concealed are Gheb and Maven.
Fifth, I realise I cannot reveal either of the two reads since it would imply Maven is town, as I have already said the reason I'm concealing reads is that they are town.
Finally, after Zalak's argument, I decide concealing my reads is no longer helpful, and revealed them.

Is there any logical discrepancy here?

Maven89

Smash Master
Hmmm

This isn't sitting right with me. My gut is telling me you're scum, and that while nothing directly contradicts your claims, it's not something your posts would tell us on their own without your explanation. However, again since nothing directly contradicts it, I'm not sure if Rosa is still our best lynch for this day. If I didn't consider there was a possibility of you being town throughout this I wouldn't have bothered asking you questions at all, and while part of me thinks I'm relying too much on previous mafia games, something about this push is reminding me of Zenny's push on me in Candy.

I guess I have Rosa as weak scum.

I say we lynch Hunter or Red Ryu later, @ RosalinaSGS RosalinaSGS keep activity up because if you are town then playing townie will be the best way to clear you later on

Unvote: RosalinaSGS

Only reason I'm slightly skeptical of hunter being scum is that no one has even tried to defend him yet. I think I played a mafia game with him before, so I'm going to check that out to see if he acted the same. If it wasn't for that I'd be pushing him.

If one of them is not available to lynch then I'd settle for Rosalina but for now I'd put her at the bottom of Red Ryu or Hunter

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Well in the other game (http://smashboards.com/threads/gorfs-grass-vs-weeds-mafia-town-s-on-itself-hardbody.376661/page-2) Hunter actually acted even scummier while being town

I have a feeling Red Ryu is going to avoid this game until the deadline, so I suggest lynching him now, but will vote for either
I'm rather reluctant to lynch ryu atm. Gheb seems to think he has evidence against Ryu, and it could lead to a Ryu lynch eventually. However, I doubt Hunter's going to start posting anything meaningful anytime soon, and we would have to lynch him for it eventually. I'm still for lynching Hunter.

@ JayTheUnseen JayTheUnseen : How about a prod on @HunterNinjaReaperPirate

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Again Maven, you base evidence on players off other games.
That's true, however metas can be used as evidence. They aren't the strongest evidence, and I don't particularly like them, but they can be used and the logic behind them is sound. For example, judging by Hunter's previous games and his activity in this game, we can assume his activity isn't going to increase any time soon.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Can we lynch Red Ryu yet?

[Actual content coming later today!]

:059:
Given how both you and Maven think lynching Ryu is a good idea, I'm willing to consider it. Take note we only have 16 hours left, exactly when I'm asleep. I might not be able to post again before the deadline. I'll try, of course, but I suggest you work off the assumption I'm going to be inactive.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Actually, no, ignore that. I'm definitely going to try to be online. Unvote for now

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
Prod on @HunterNinjaReaperPirate
Your post count has been unsatisfactory. Please, make an effort to post more if possible.

@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu ( 1 ) Gheb_01
@ Maven89 Maven89 ( 0 )
@ Zalak Zalak ( 0 )
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ ( 0 )
@ Kursed Kursed ( 0 )
@ RosalinaSGS RosalinaSGS ( 1 ) Kursed
@HunterNinjaReaperPirate ( 1 ) RosalinaSGS

Not voting: Red Ryu, Zalak, Maven, HunterNinjaReaperPirate

(Correct me if any of this is wrong
:teeth:

With 7 players alive, it takes a voting majority of 4 players to lynch someone.

Deadline is 3/15 11:59 PM CST, aka the last minute of today.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
This just seems way too aggressive for day one. Also, Red Ryu mentioned having to study for a test during his longest period of inactivity. While it's not necessarily true, I'm willing to believe it is.
Why do you keep bringing up inactivity as if I made a point about it? Are you terrible at reading or something?

FoS @ Kursed Kursed , @ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ . Moreso Gheb. Given your experience, how did you forget the fact reads change, especially given the span across which Maven's argument spread?
??????????????????

Throw back to an older post: @ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ why didn't you tell Kursed what he had done to become suspicious in your eyes when he asked?
Because it's not relevant. Kursed isn't somebody I want lynched atm.

:059:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well in the other game (http://smashboards.com/threads/gorfs-grass-vs-weeds-mafia-town-s-on-itself-hardbody.376661/page-2) Hunter actually acted even scummier while being town

I have a feeling Red Ryu is going to avoid this game until the deadline, so I suggest lynching him now, but will vote for either
My bad on that, weekend right now on at patty's weekend = booze.

You do bring up a good point with hunter, but again how confident would we be he is town vs being scum? I do legit feel better about his more recent post when I prodded him on his reads but I don't think I could legit give trust to his slot. Not at least full trust, not with what he posted.

Gheb isn't doing anything useful and I'd lynch him in that. I'm also still annoyed at him at him calling me trying to kickstart the game scummy.

I'm ok with you.

I would be ok with lynching Kursed

I'm taking Zalak to Lylo.

I still am unsure on Rosie but I honestly have not read the more recent posts, buying stuff at a store right now.

I'll vote myself to make sure a lunch actually happens but I stand by the calls outs on me are either asinineky stupid or unfounded.

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
You can criticize my evidence when you present your own
No, that's really not how it works. If I feel as if you're grasping at staws to present support I will surely say it.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Why do you keep bringing up inactivity as if I made a point about it? Are you terrible at reading or something?
/quote]

I realize now that telling you to read another one of my posts instead of just reiterating is kind of a lame thing to do, so I'm gonna go ahead and explain it again. If someone is inactive, they are unable to produce any content at all, so of course, someone who is inactive will not produce meaningful content.

THAT BEING SAID, even though you're giving me bad vibes, I'm not sure if I can give Red Ryu a town lean after their latest posts..

Kursed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kursedx
Gheb isn't doing anything useful and I'd lynch him in that. I'm also still annoyed at him at him calling me trying to kickstart the game scummy.
Well if you look at Gheb's role when Fire was playing it, it didn't seem very scummy. Besides I feel as if Gheb has a tendency to want to be lynched/cause drama in every game.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I'm actually down for lynching Red at this point, but Hunter is still my #1 choice.

Vote: Hunter

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
It's not a lie, Gheb. If Red didn't kickstart the game then who did? I'm not saying Red kickstarting the game makes them town, but you shouldn't be denying that it happened.

Maven89

Smash Master
I feel like Zalak and Red Ryu and Gheb are all having complete different interpretations of what Gheb said.

I didn't re-read but I'm fairly certain Gheb said that Ryu's starting of the game wasn't townie, and shouldn't be given to him as town credit. Zalak is saying Gheb is denying it even occurred and Ryu is saying Gheb said he was scum because of it, and neither of those are true.

Top Bottom