• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Doubles and 2on2 singles require different ways of applying skill. It's like saying that lemons are ******** because oranges exist.

:059:
2v2 singles requires the exact same skillset as regular singles with an incredibly thin coating of "who do we send in for game 1" on top of it. If you have the best player, you win regardless of who you team him with if he can beat everybody already anyway.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't know anybody in Brawl who can beat everybody. The best player at this tournament was Rain and his team lost because they sent out their players in the wrong order [Rain would've been better off against Otori in the MK ditto and Shu could've beaten Masha]. If the skill levels weren't so close in Japan then it may only be an 'incredibly thin coating' ... but they *are* that close, adding a wealth of options and decisions to the regular singles competition.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i can admit that I was marginalizing. but youre still exaggerating a bit.

with only one game a piece, anything could have happened.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Even more Japanese players plan on coming to Apex than last time featuring 2 of Japan's best girl smashers: http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=143564&page=1

Also random info from Masha regarding Sumabato and Japan:

"Piosuma 2on2

・Daiki beat Kairo,Mikeneko,Luminous,Yukke,Yui,Brood,Shu and Rain.
He used Diddy.

・Yui quitted Fox and started MK because he wants to win team.

Sumabato16(9/15)

・Hayase and SLS are going.

・Hayase quitted Pikachu and started ICs in May.
SLS will not use Falco.

・Players List (http://smashbrothers.info/tournament/x/list.php)"

MasterGorf

Smash Cadet
I thought Yui didn't use fox in teams anyway, unless it's no longer his main... Then I'll be extremely saddened. ;'( He's the main reason I started playing fox when I started playing competitive smash. D:

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
Daiki, don't quit Sheik!!!!

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!
Don't worry about it, Daiki always uses a lot of characters. He often used Diddy at Piosuma, but that doesn't mean he quit Shiek. Actually, he used ICs, MK and Pikachu besides Diddy at the tourney.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I thought Yui didn't use fox in teams anyway, unless it's no longer his main... Then I'll be extremely saddened. ;'( He's the main reason I started playing fox when I started playing competitive smash. D:
Yui isn't dropping Fox entirely. He probably just doesn't think Fox is good in dubs.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I've never seen him use Fox in doubles in the first place.

I think Ganbaranai picking up ICs is by far the biggest news though.

Keitaro

I'm curious as to where Ocean is. M2K played him while in Japan and got destroyed, but I don't remember seeing Ocean in any results recently.

Keitaro

Oh yeah, isn't this SLS's return with Hayase being there too? Darn me forgetting how to log into the website :/

Somehow just logged in.

Kakera beat Ganbaranai 2-0. Double elim bracket though. Kakera vs 9B winners finals right now. Apparently if Kakera wins the tournament he will have the motivation to go to Apex.

Kakera vs 9B is 1-1

Kakera wins 2-1. First time in grand finals in over a year.

This region..... :p inb4kakeradestroysics

Keitaro

Busa 2-0s Hayase....

Hayase places 4th.

Busa for biggest troll in Japan. His random down smashes as Snake that always hit his opponent or himself right after being put down.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The stream is extremely laggy for me. Somebody keep me updated ... all I see is Kakera vs 9B, which has to be GF.

Edit: 9B won set 1

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
5th were Torin and either Edge or somebody whose name I can't read. 7th are Cross and the other one of Edge / unknown guy.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Both MK.

Edit: I don't know who the 'final' player in the top is ... I don't recognize his name. I only know that it's not Masashi, Aki or Earth [who one might've expected to place that high].

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Ah, Isotaku it was, then....

1st kakera :metaknight:
2nd 9B :popo:
3rd busa :snake:
4th Hayase :popo:
5th Torin :metaknight:
5th Edge :metaknight:
7th Cross :sheik:
7th Isotaku :dedede: