• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Most of the 3vs3 sets are on youtube now - either on numaburamovie or kamemushi's channel. A lot of great brawl gameplay.

In the meantime, the signups for the next sumabato tourney have started. It will be held on the 29th. 9B, Kie, Miyacchi, SLS, Earth, Shogun, Edge, Aki and Akira are the most prominent players that have signed up so far.

:059:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
is there any news about which Japanese players are interested for Apex? I heard that Shogun is very interested.

Djent

Smash Champion
Man, Wario has really established himself as the clear #2 character in doubles. Crazy how the favored Wario teams didn't even win and he still made it to finals.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Invented yes, but that's not what I'm talking about. There weren't nearly that many Warios in teams ever before SKTAR 2. Plus according to some sources most of Japan was watching the SKTAR 2 stream and that many of them loved the double Warios by Nakat and False.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Invented yes, but that's not what I'm talking about. There weren't nearly that many Warios in teams ever before SKTAR 2. Plus according to some sources most of Japan was watching the SKTAR 2 stream and that many of them loved the double Warios by Nakat and False.
they probably loved that USA was copying them or finally learning that Wario is awesome in teams.

I've seen plenty of double Wario teams and Wario/non-mk teams before SKTAR. Most of them better than NAKAT and False.

Back when USA was banning Double Metaknight, Japan was debating if WarioX2 was better than MetaknightX2, long before NAKAT and False were on the radar.

Tesh

Smash Hero
double diddy gonna stomp double wario at crossfire
Diddy seems like the perfect character to camp and slap wario around for a minute or two...

...then get gimped or farted to death at 80%.

When is crossfire, I'd love to tune in for that.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
they probably loved that USA was copying them or finally learning that Wario is awesome in teams.

I've seen plenty of double Wario teams and Wario/non-mk teams before SKTAR. Most of them better than NAKAT and False.

Back when USA was banning Double Metaknight, Japan was debating if WarioX2 was better than MetaknightX2, long before NAKAT and False were on the radar.
I don't think you can really directly assume which Wario team is better than another. At least at SKTAR 2, False and Nakat beat every hard team there besides the only team in the world to win doubles for over a year straight, and they still took them to 5th game at SKTAR 2 and another event. We'll see how they do at Apex, but I assume better than last year considering their team got better since the last Apex when they just started the team.

Once again, I'm not playing the "who did what first game". Was just stating the likely possibility of a much more than average amount of double Warios at a Japanese event within 2 to 3 weeks time of SKTAR 2. I think most of us in this thread already knew about Wario's high placings for doubles in Japan since a couple years ago.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Double Wario teams in Japan have to overcome double metaknight at any tournament.

ADHD and Nairo are great, but they aren't as tough as good double MK teams (see Apex 2012). Hell even with double MK banned they weren't the best team (see Apex 2012).

I love watching them and all (especially because they don't have that dry "stick to the plan" gameplay that japan double wario teams have), but I'm just saying that they are relatively untested/unsuccessful against great teams.

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
In Japan, double Wario has been considered as the 2nd best team since this (Yuuta is Abadango). I'm glad to see double wario team doing great in America as well. I'm against banning double MK in doubles. I know they are too strong but it's interesting to see the other good teams beat them.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
IMO Double Wario is extremely good, but I think they would loose to:

Beside that, they might be just as good as double MK, or nearly.
But definitely one of the best Teams, most likely second best after Double MK.

So when only one MK is allowed per Team, Double Wario might be the best time (Except the possible losing MU vs Double DDD)

PokemonMasterJamal3

Smash Apprentice
I don't think you can really directly assume which Wario team is better than another. At least at SKTAR 2, False and Nakat beat every hard team there besides the only team in the world to win doubles for over a year straight, and they still took them to 5th game at SKTAR 2 and another event. We'll see how they do at Apex, but I assume better than last year considering their team got better since the last Apex when they just started the team.

Once again, I'm not playing the "who did what first game". Was just stating the likely possibility of a much more than average amount of double Warios at a Japanese event within 2 to 3 weeks time of SKTAR 2. I think most of us in this thread already knew about Wario's high placings for doubles in Japan since a couple years ago.
ADHD and Nairo 6-0'd Nakat and False in GFs at SKTAR 2. Not specifically arguing against anything else you said, just noting that part is incorrect, lol.

Luigi player

Smash Master
IMO Double Wario is extremely good, but I think they would loose to:

Not sure about that. The biggest advantage of Dedede is his chaingrab + followup upsmash/tilt/fair/whatever, which isn't as easy to get/pull off (because of partner helping and less room). The Warios will be able to jump around the D3s just fine, and once they're offstage it's also really easy to fart them.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Invented yes, but that's not what I'm talking about. There weren't nearly that many Warios in teams ever before SKTAR 2.

Double Wario has been a prominent team in every doubles tournament in Japan since about 2011. If you check results you will almost always find a double Wario team in top 4.

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
SumabatoX
1: 9B :popo:
2: SLS :falco:
3: Aki :falco:
4: Shogun :snake:
5: Earth:pit:
5: Akira:metaknight:
7: Jihanki:olimar:
7: Kuroan:snake:
9: NAOTO:snake:
9: Edge:metaknight:
9: gigya idk
9: Kie :peach: (lost to 9B and Kuroan)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Dang what happened to Kie, usually he does so well when not alot of MK around.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Very awesome results, I heard the tournament was a bit small though.

Dang what happened to Kie, usually he does so well when not alot of MK around.

2 MKs, 3 Snakes, 2 Falcos and 1 Olimar kinda make it impossible for Peach to do better.

Tesh

Smash Hero
It seemed like every time I saw Kie place high, he had gone through a bunch of Snakes or Olimars to get there, despite losing to some of the lesser known MKs.

who did he lose to this time around?

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'd say those falco and olimar examples are hardly fair. Nietono is alot better than Illmatic and DEHF pretty much mopped the floor with SlayerZ when he decided to camp game 3.

Peach is pretty hopeless against good run away character, she can at least corner Snake and Olimar and force them to fight her head on.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I take it that this is partially hyperbole, since Snake is not impossible, and Falco technically isn't either. MK and Olimar, on the other hand, actually are *that* awful.

I'd say those falco and olimar examples are hardly fair. Nietono is alot better than Illmatic and DEHF pretty much mopped the floor with SlayerZ when he decided to camp game 3.

Peach is pretty hopeless against good run away character, she can at least corner Snake and Olimar and force them to fight her head on.

Snake, Olimar and Falco are not "impossible" but they are on the borderline between -2 and -3. A skill gap can deal with it and there's always a skill gap when Kie plays. Kie has only done well against Snake at one tournament where he beat Dio and Hazureimu but that's pretty much the only time a decently skilled Snake player has lost to a much more skilled Peach player. Busa and Kuroan have beaten Kie and they are not on his level. And don't even get me started on what Razer used to do to Peach.
Falco:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOZDcoHo-Tw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFcv-G4_3Ws
Olimar:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8Vl5yU6Y1o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkhSkoe81Z0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wx0mDWwB1EQ

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Snake is probably Peach her 2nd worst mu to win that one you have to be much better then the opponent or the opponent doesn't have any idea how to play the mu. Which means that Kuroan knows the mu at least decently or the skill gap between the 2 wasn't to big

EDIT: Snake not impossible but olimar is? what did I miss?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I honestly think Falco is Peach's 2nd worst matchup. He can play it so straight-forward and basic yet still beat her solidly and reliably. Snake and Olimar are both bad matchups for her but I'm not sure which one is worse. Most Peach players will probably argue that Snake is worse but I don't think many of them know what Olimar can do to Peach.

Top Bottom