• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Well, Kakera essentially quit ICs because they are unviable in doubles and he doesn't want to focus on two tourney characters. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the way lain made the transition from IC to MK either. In fact, there's probably a whole bunch of people who made a switch to MK because of doubles.

:059:

JTsm

Smash Master
Well, Kakera essentially quit ICs because they are unviable in doubles and he doesn't want to focus on two tourney characters. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the way lain made the transition from IC to MK either. In fact, there's probably a whole bunch of people who made a switch to MK because of doubles.

For doubles he would never play IC's, but he still plays IC's, MK, Marth for singles. He's definitely not as good as he was in 2010. In fact he's not even active right now. =/

JTsm

Smash Master
IC's takes too much practice to use effectively at high levels of play.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
how the hell did brood get 1st over 2 ICs? vinnie and 9b made nietoni/brood look so free at SRT in that matchup
Brood has always been an impressive/smart player. The match he had vs Kakera showed that he is extremely skilled. Maybe he was hurt so bad from losing to Vinnie that he studied the matchup more?

Yes it's a factor, but I believe doubles can't be the only reason why there aren't a lot of IC players.
True
IC's takes too much practice to use effectively at high levels of play.
^^^^This, it's most likely the main reason, they do take a lot of practice to use at a high level even though they have the most potential. CGs are hard, been trying to learn them for months now. Can't say I practiced it everyday though, but the main reason why there are no ICs is the barrier of entry.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I do not think that ICs are that much more difficult to play consistently well than Diddy Kong, Olimar or Snake are on a very high level.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Yes they are. They are the only character that can go from A tier to E tier just by making a single mistake

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Ah... the latter I knew...

The former I didn't.

I thought Sonic was useless in dubs until late summer 2010 so I never cared 4 dubs(even tho that's the most fun part of the game).

:sonic:

:phone:

GOofyGV

Smash Lord
Well not only Are IC's really hard to play(Which falco and diddy are as well imo) But they also are pretty bad one a a lot of stages. Add the fact that they aren't really viable in doubles.

This all leads to people not wanting to use them as a solo main. They want to be good at dubz as well.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I honestly think the IC metagame just hasn't advanced quite enough yet.
Ironically, the counter ICs metagame has not advanced anywhere near as much as it could in comparison to the IC metagame :p

Watching a video, I can honestly chalk up about 99% of losses at mid level to ignorance of the character. At high level that's closer to 80%. At the top level, closer to 50%. The other 50% of losses coming from fear or greed at the top.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Yes they are. They are the only character that can go from A tier to E tier just by making a single mistake
This is 100% incorrect.

i would take olimar off. falco, pikachu, and zss are all more "difficult to play consistently" imo
Olimar is actually rather draining to be consistently good with. I didn't include Pikachu because he is still a wildcard and rather unexplored in the current metagame and ZSS isn't really good in general. I don't think Falco is particularly difficult to be good with - not more than the other characters are imo.

Ironically, the counter ICs metagame has not advanced anywhere near as much as it could in comparison to the IC metagame :p

Watching a video, I can honestly chalk up about 99% of losses at mid level to ignorance of the character. At high level that's closer to 80%. At the top level, closer to 50%. The other 50% of losses coming from fear or greed at the top.
Your trolling isn't appreciated. If you have nothing better to do than to put down your [former] main then at least have the decency to do so without making fun of those 50% top level players who you think you know better than. Or, even better, take it to the tier list thread instead of derailing a good discussion with your constant complaining.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
It's not trolling...

Typically speaking when you don't know what's happening against an IC you die for it. That's pretty commonly accepted fact. If that's what you consider trolling then not sure what to say lol. If you're actually going to tell me that people do everything possible against ICs that you're definitively wrong. They don't because of either not knowing or fear.

And when half of the stuff people get hit by could have been solved by the jump button and they get hit by it over and over and over, the next best assumption that people are really scared or really greedy. At which point they should know better to not be scared of ICs or not be greedy against them, which circles back to ignorance.

Besides people were talking about ICs already, not sure how that derails the thread lol

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
So are the Sumabato vids going to be uploaded?
If not, can anyone post the replays please? Thanks!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Because they neither turn E-tier, nor does it take a single mistake for that. It takes a string of mistakes for them to become C / D-Tier. MAJOR difference.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
There is no way Sopo is up there with characters like TL or R.O.B. Also, once nana gets hit away from popo there is very little the IC player can do especially offstage

:phone:

Tesh

Smash Hero
E Tier isn't THAT bad. Popo with nana separated is maybe C Tier and when nana is truly gone, mid tier sounds fair. He really isnt good at much without the threat of coming back the next stock with nana.

SaveMeJebus

Smash Master
Mid tier ? No kill moves, horrible recovery, horrible grab range and no kill set ups. That sounds like low tier to me.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Even with the chain grab, he doesn't have much going for him.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Keep in mind sopo can chaingrab every character longer than falco can >_>.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sopo still has things going for him that most low tiers [and some mid tiers] don't have at all. You all underrate him.

Top Bottom