• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Fox vids and tier list!

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
We would **** them. Azen, M2K, DSF, Chu, and Anther would obliterate anything they could throw at us......I have no doubts about it.
Lol Do I see an international competition starting here? To be honest, that would be ****ing cool. But we would prabably lost becuase Japanese and video games mix like artists and canvases...

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
Now I never said we couldn't teach the Japanese a lesson. ;)

I'm just saying they have a different way of playing, I guess the "honorable" way, so it's to be expected their tier list will be vastly different from ours.
Hell, Brawl was created over there. If anything, WE'RE the wierd players who are doing it all wrong. Did you know that America is the top producer of First Person Shooters? We are use to games were your defense is important and if you don't watch every detail, you lose. In Japan it makes alot more sense that they play by offense. Offense is the best defence.

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
And I can say that i've never heard of any good players from Mexico.
http://super-smash-bros.wikia.com/wiki/Ultra_Violence_Crew

That it's one of the most known mexican crews, i hope this makes your ignorance lower, that you haven't heard of any good mexican smasher, doesn't mean that there are not good smashers, it means that you only read USA stuff and don't care to read about the development of smash in other countries.

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
Let me clear up exactly why their tier list is so different from ours, specifically Fox.

The Japanese play offensively and aggressively, and prettyyyy much scoff at defensive play.

They're a lot more fun to watch, but any North American player of equal standing will kill the japanese, simply because in brawl, camping > over-aggression,

If you try to play Fox like in those vids, you're going to get slaughtered. The japanese work against the japanese, but our "style" kills them.

Fox is top tier when nobody camps you.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Hell, Brawl was created over there. If anything, WE'RE the wierd players who are doing it all wrong. Did you know that America is the top producer of First Person Shooters? We are use to games were your defense is important and if you don't watch every detail, you lose. In Japan it makes alot more sense that they play by offense. Offense is the best defence.
"Doing it wrong" is just as subjective as "Doing it right".

It doesn't matter where they created it. The one with the better tactic will always win, no matter what the case.

It definitely looks a lot more fun however, and I'd love to fight one of them because it'd be a blast to let loose, not care about defense (although I'd be shield-grabbing like a mother ****er), and just go wild, but the fact is that they DO leave themselves open. A lot.

They kill fast. We don't get hit. Complete opposites.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Let me clear up exactly why their tier list is so different from ours, specifically Fox.

The Japanese play offensively and aggressively, and prettyyyy much scoff at defensive play.

They're a lot more fun to watch, but any North American player of equal standing will kill the japanese, simply because in brawl, camping > over-aggression,

If you try to play Fox like in those vids, you're going to get slaughtered. The japanese work against the japanese, but our "style" kills them.

Fox is top tier when nobody camps you.
We'll never know until we try it out. Durr.

Japanese smashers have pretty quick minds o.o.

Eh, wth, so do we. Some of us.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Lol. Those fools. I should travel there and show them wario's potential XD

monkeyx4

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3936 9382 6790
i know Fox has the potential to be a high tier with R.O.B,Diddy,Marth,Pit. you just have to play with him right. by using all he got to his fullest potential.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Did you also know that Blizzard is not a Korea based company, but Koreans own the **** **** out of Starcraft?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I've never thought Samboner was all that impressive... he has a huge following though, so I'm assuming that he must be better than I give him credit for... I'd love to play him, if somebody wants to set that up for me.

Falco vs Fox really isn't that hard of a match for me, though. I love that matchup.

And I believe Fox can easily be thrown up in the ranks with Diddy, Pit, and Marth.. no drugs involved.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Samboner plays strictly WiFi and I don't think he's that great to begin with. I've also heard rumors that top players on the allisbrawl ladder say he lags horribly.

As for all of those vids being WiFi......have any of you considered that the Japanese version of the game has zero lag? I wouldn't be surprised to tell you the truth.

SwordmasterXXXI

Smash Journeyman
I've never thought Samboner was all that impressive... he has a huge following though, so I'm assuming that he must be better than I give him credit for... I'd love to play him, if somebody wants to set that up for me.

Falco vs Fox really isn't that hard of a match for me, though. I love that matchup.

And I believe Fox can easily be thrown up in the ranks with Diddy, Pit, and Marth.. no drugs involved.

Maybe pit, but I just don't see how Fox can be in the same ranks as the other two. Maybe I just haven't played any good fox players..........

A6M Zero

Smash Ace
To be honest, Fox has pretty much no really bad matchups. 2 characters that can maybe be considered counterpicks, one of which is never used. He has very winnable matchups with characters like Snake (PROVEN **** IT), DDD, GaW, and Falco.

A good Fox player can do good, but no other Fox can.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
To be honest, Fox has pretty much no really bad matchups. 2 characters that can maybe be considered counterpicks, one of which is never used. He has very winnable matchups with characters like Snake (PROVEN **** IT), DDD, GaW, and Falco.

Lulzwut, no really bad matchups? Chainthrow-chu is a good enough reason for Fox not being even high tier. Have you ever noticed that nobody in at least high tier has a hard counter? It's true.

Not to mention that while all of those matchups you mentioned are winnable, they are not very winnable. Those matchups are at the very, VERY best about neutral. And that's just for Snake and Falco. DDD and GaW are at least 60/40 in the opponent's favor.

SwordmasterXXXI

Smash Journeyman

Don't Falco and G&W hard counter fox?

Also, about the last quote, you can say that about any character.
Except maybe Metaknight.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
G&W does, but Falco is not a hard counter. ZSS, Pika, and G&W are Foxs' hard counters, no other character counters him all that much with the possible exception of MK.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
G&W does, but Falco is not a hard counter. ZSS, Pika, and G&W are Foxs' hard counters, no other character counters him all that much with the possible exception of MK.
Well, there's also Sheik, you must remember. Tilt lock->Tippered smash lulz.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Well, there's also Sheik, you must remember. Tilt lock->Tippered smash lulz.
I'm one Sheik user who is of the opinion that it is not a hard counter. In theory, Sheik hard counters Wolf and Falco as well if you go by that logic, but when applying that irl it doesn't usually work that way.

z3r0C0oL

Smash Apprentice
Ive played Samboner's Fox online vs my Fox.

If i recall correctly, we played 3 matches, first 2 were full of Suicides on both our parts, Samboner took those matches.

The 3rd Match i won with 2 stock left, at a pretty high percentage though.

I HATE Fox dittos. Samboner is good with Fox, a few matches of play doesnt say much though. Im sure his Fox is better now as this was a few months ago, as im sure my Fox has improved as my Bair and Uair landing kills are vastly improved.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Ive played Samboner's Fox online vs my Fox.

If i recall correctly, we played 3 matches, first 2 were full of Suicides on both our parts, Samboner took those matches.

The 3rd Match i won with 2 stock left, at a pretty high percentage though.

I HATE Fox dittos. Samboner is good with Fox, a few matches of play doesnt say much though. Im sure his Fox is better now as this was a few months ago, as im sure my Fox has improved as my Bair and Uair landing kills are vastly improved.
I hate Fox dittos as well.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
^personally I think Kirbys are easy match-up. Just don't get grabbed.

marsulas is 100% right about the upsmash killing. Just bait and punish, pester with pew pew and make the Kirby qq.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
^personally I think Kirbys are easy match-up. Just don't get grabbed.

marsulas is 100% right about the upsmash killing. Just bait and punish, pester with pew pew and make the Kirby qq.
You over-generalized just a little bit. It's certainly not an easy matchup.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Fox has a character problem against Pika, ZSS to most extent, Sheik sometimes, and that's really about it.

He has other disadvantage matches, too... Luigi is a harder one... Kirby can be, yeah...

I certainly don't count GW as a hard counter... I mean, maybe I'm just really good against the high tiers, but I do well against the entire top tier... to the point of not being scared of any of those characters. And I really just don't believe it's me. When I'm playing the matches in tournament, they never feel like a ***** Fox match.

I personally believe Falco vs Fox is sorely in Fox's favor, although I know nobody agrees on that one. I just know he edgeguards him hardcore, and the cg isn't that dangerous anyway...
Fox can usmash GW's everything, so that hard counter kinda goes down a bit... just play it differently, and it's not terrible. I do think GW is maybe the best top tier against Fox.

Now, as far as his counters up there, Marsulas made an excellent point. Sheik's tilt lock can't be winning the match alone. Now Falco has the cg on her, so it kinda evens out, but I definitely don't feel that it's a huge counter....Fox is decent at edgeguarding her...she dies early, and he can combo her well...also, approaching shield takes out the ftilt scare, to most extent...you can land a grab after a shielded ftilt...so it's not terrible.

ZSS is also bad, but not as bad, imo, as some people say. For the 0-death to work at higher %s, the dsmash has to be fully diminished... so avoiding the dsmash early in your stock, and then escaping the combo really isn't that unbelievable... not to mention the fact that ZSS has to land a dsmash... it's fast, but punishable and predictable. so not too hard.

Pika...yeah... it's bad. Shine seems to get Fox out of the grab a bit earlier than normal, but still ridiculously high. I mean, I think it's possible to play the match with a "don't get grabbed" theory, but yeah...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Fox on this list is a joke, but if it reflects their metagame then so be it.

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
You over-generalized just a little bit. It's certainly not an easy matchup.
Lol yeah I know you are right xD I just love to boast Fox =D.

But I don't know, I really don't seem to have any problems at all as longs as the Kirby doesn't grab me because that usually is the reason why I get my percent pass like 60+. Most Kirby's I fight for some reason always focus on the GC in the beginning of my stock for some reason because they want to get the easy percent on me.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
The tier list is something. I guess they have a tottaly differnt view. or this could be just retarted......Either way Lotion needs to be on that tier list.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
the japanese don't like to cg thats why ddd is so low
You know, I was thinking that, but then....explain Falco...

Like, if the japanese play honorably and don't like to camp/cg... why is Falco so high on the list? Rob too...

Top Bottom