• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Fox vids and tier list!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Credit goes to rihuganon who originally posted some Japanese Ganondorf vids on the Ganon boards. I asked him for the tier list and he obliged and provided some Fox vids.

リラ(Fox) vs なみ(MetaKnight)
http://nicozon.blog64.fc2.com/?video_id=sm5107632
リラ(Fox) vs ゆき(Pit,Kirby)
http://nicozon.blog64.fc2.com/?video_id=sm4997529
リラ(Fox) vs Muscle(Wario)
http://nicozon.blog64.fc2.com/?video_id=sm4996782

And the tier list:

S:MetaKnight,Snake,Falco
A:R.O.B,Diddy,Marth,Pit,Fox
B:Mr. Game & Watch,Wolf,Toon Link
C:Ice Climbers,Olimar,Sheik,Zero Suit Samus,Pikachu,Lucario
D:Kirby,King Dedede,Mario,Lucas,Wario,Charizard
E:Zelda,Ike,Donkey Kong,Ness,Link,Luigi,Yoshi,Pokemon Trainer,Squirtle,Ivysaur
F:Sonic,Bowser,Samus,Captain Falcon,Jigglypuff,Peach
G:Ganondolf(GOD RANK)

link to the original thread- http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203264

I'll say one thing, Japanese players have no fear of overusing dair:). Hope you guys find this as interesting as I did.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Credit goes to rihuganon who originally posted some Japanese Ganondorf vids on the Ganon boards. I asked him for the tier list and he obliged and provided some Fox vids.

リラ(Fox) vs なみ(MetaKnight)
http://nicozon.blog64.fc2.com/?video_id=sm5107632
リラ(Fox) vs ゆき(Pit,Kirby)
http://nicozon.blog64.fc2.com/?video_id=sm4997529
リラ(Fox) vs Muscle(Wario)
http://nicozon.blog64.fc2.com/?video_id=sm4996782

And the tier list:

link to the original thread- http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=203264

I'll say one thing, Japanese players have no fear of overusing dair:). Hope you guys find this as interesting as I did.
And I, as your friendly neighborhood busybody, will be busy nitpicking the Japanese tier list.

S:MetaKnight,Snake,Falco All acceptable and obvious
A:R.O.B,Diddy,Marth,Pit,Fox Diddy, Pit, and Fox are the obvious misconceptions here. Diddy's high, yes, but he gets horribly outcamped unless he's on FD. You all know about Fox's weaknesses, and Pit.....it's Pit. There are other characters who do everything he does better.
B:Mr. Game & Watch,Wolf,Toon Link Why the hell is G&W down here? Wolf and Tink aren't that good. Very good, yes, but Wolf gets gimped like hell and Tink doesn't kill easy.
C:Ice Climbers,Olimar,Sheik,Zero Suit Samus,Pikachu,Lucario The ICs notorious problems with approach make this fairly well suited, if it weren't for the fact that they're not any better than say, Wario, Kirbs, Peach, and DK
D:Kirby,King Dedede,Mario,Lucas,Wario,Charizard Dedede? Low-mid? No. Just no. 'Nuff said.
E:Zelda,Ike,Donkey Kong,Ness,Link,Luigi,Yoshi,Pokemon Trainer,Squirtle,Ivysaur DK is much better than this. That's all.
F:Sonic,Bowser,Samus,Captain Falcon,Jigglypuff,Peach Peach and Boozer. That's all.
G:Ganondolf(GOD RANK) Do I really need to say anything?

I only highlighted the really obvious flaws, as I saw them. And that's it for this session of Salty being a total troll. Byeeee.....*fkees*

M@v

Subarashii!
Fox higher than Game and Watch?! wtfhaxs.
And DDD that low?

Fox in high tier though, where he should be.

My thing is, How can not see that DDD and G&W are two of the best in the game?
Is DDD's CG not enough or something?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario that low? Almost sounds like this at the very beginning of the American Metagame where people thought Wario sucked and could never make it into high tier.

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
woot!! Toon link made it to B! Hes too broken :D

Toon link doesnt kill easy I agree but as a toon link player you have to walk into the match expecting to kill at high percents. In comparison to other characters it takes a while to kill but if you use your projectiles right, there should be no hurry.

people just dont play him right. Theres 3 projectiles to choose from. Just throw them all at once. If people would play toon link the way he should be played in my opinion he would be rightly placed in group B.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Fox higher than Game and Watch?! wtfhaxs.
And DDD that low?

Fox in high tier though, where he should be.

My thing is, How can not see that DDD and G&W are two of the best in the game?
Is DDD's CG not enough or something?
The amusing thing is that this isn't his own personal tier list (except for Ganondorf, of course), it's actually the rankings that Japanese metagamers have decided so far. At least, that's the best I can infer from his rather broken Engrish. He has the hang of words, but grammar seems to elude him.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
We need to send our 5 best players, and they send their 5 best, to a neutral ground (preferably on the moon, though the south pole would do...), and have an East vs. West crew battle.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
We need to send our 5 best players, and they send their 5 best, to a neutral ground (preferably on the moon, though the south pole would do...), and have an East vs. West crew battle.
I suggest M2K, Rykoshet (or Kirk), Kosk, DSF, and Ninjalink.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
We would **** them. Azen, M2K, DSF, Chu, and Anther would obliterate anything they could throw at us......I have no doubts about it.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
We would **** them. Azen, M2K, DSF, Chu, and Anther would obliterate anything they could throw at us......I have no doubts about it.
Yeah, but let's be cool and own them with some characters that aren't top tier. Hence Kosk, Ryko, and Ninjalink.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I have so many disagreements with their tier list that I don't know where to start.
I'll just say, their tier list is crap. They do not know the potential of many characters.
WTF Peach, though. Peach is WAY better than that. Peach is even better than her placement on the American tier list for crying out loud!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I have so many disagreements with their tier list that I don't know where to start.
I'll just say, their tier list is crap. They do not know the potential of many characters.
WTF Peach, though. Peach is WAY better than that. Peach is even better than her placement on the American tier list for crying out loud!
I agree, Peach is easily high tier. The SBR even discussed it on their MK podcast on Sunday evening.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Who does Koskinator play? Ganondorf?
He's THE Ganondorf. Except maybe for Sliq. Now there's a match that I'd like to see. Sliq vs. Kosk in Ganon dittos. But aaaaaaaanywaaaays, yeah, owning the best Japanese players with Ganondorf would work wonders, don't you agree?

M@v

Subarashii!
You didnt even notice DDD being so low on theirs right? XD

Stop the penguin hate Japan!

M15t3R E

Smash Master
You didnt even notice DDD being so low on theirs right? XD

Stop the penguin hate Japan!
Of course I noticed. That was one of my many disagreements.
What we oughta do is send out our best players to Japan who use characters who they place too low and **** them with those characters.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
He's THE Ganondorf. Except maybe for Sliq. Now there's a match that I'd like to see. Sliq vs. Kosk in Ganon dittos. But aaaaaaaanywaaaays, yeah, owning the best Japanese players with Ganondorf would work wonders, don't you agree?
Lol, that would be pretty comical. I've heard Sliq only plays Bowser now? If that's the case Koskinator would surely win?

Japanese players aren't as good as ours, but I don't think Ganon would be beating any MK's. You can just spam tornado and he can't do much about it. I know he has some things going for him with edgeguarding and thunderstomps, but he is low tier for a reason.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Maybe they haven't discovered how easily GW's bair and dair ****, or DDD's CG's, or even Peach's floating techniques.
Pffft, amateurs...

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Lol, that would be pretty comical. I've heard Sliq only plays Bowser now? If that's the case Koskinator would surely win?

Japanese players aren't as good as ours, but I don't think Ganon would be beating any MK's. You can just spam tornado and he can't do much about it. I know he has some things going for him with edgeguarding and thunderstomps, but he is low tier for a reason.
Lawlno. Tornados don't **** Ganon. Ganon ***** tornados.

EDIT: Now that I come to think of it, the image of Manondorf ****** an actual tornado would be pretty **** awesome.

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
You people are too picky, who cares >_>

let them have their own tier, who cares what you think, maybe they will develop other characters or see the potential and lacks of some characters in here, i am not saying that i agree with the *** tier list, in fact i think the American is more accurate, but the USA tier list it's not perfect either and most characters still have a great potential and probably something that the USA has overlooked might have been found in Japan and also when great players use certain characters, most people who don't have an opinion just follow the leader.

I say this because in mexico the metagame has a really big amount of Wolfs, ROBs and i have seen a lot of Lucas too, and not as much metas as in the USA, i think this is due to Mexico not being as influenced as USA by the tier list.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Maybe they haven't discovered how easily GW's bair and dair *****, or DDD's CG's, or even Peach's floating techniques.
Pffft, amateurs...
They probably just have a different style of play than we have. I could imagine their metagame being completely different.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
You people are too picky, who cares >_>

let them have their own tier, who cares what you think, maybe they will develop other characters or see the potential and lacks of some characters in here, i am not saying that i agree with the *** tier list, in fact i think the American is more accurate, but the USA tier list it's not perfect either and most characters still have a great potential and probably something that the USA has overlooked might have been found in Japan and also when great players use certain characters, most people who don't have an opinion just follow the leader.

I say this because in mexico the metagame has a really big amount of Wolfs, ROBs and i have seen a lot of Lucas too, and not as much metas as in the USA, i think this is due to Mexico not being as influenced as USA by the tier list.
Or it could just be Mexico's natural infatuation with spam. Who can say?

M@v

Subarashii!
Tier lists are mainly based of tournys remember. Those characters are probably more popular over there thats all.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
Tier lists are mainly based of tournys remember. Those characters are probably more popular over there thats all.
True, but their match-up analyses must be far different than ours. I don't see how they can write up a match-up list for characters like DDD, Wario, and Peach that has so many disadvantaged match-ups. Their metagame as a whole must be a complete 180 from ours.

I can't wait for international tourneys...

goldemblem

Smash Apprentice
Or it could just be Mexico's natural infatuation with spam. Who can say?
I can say it, in mexico you see even less spam and camping than USA, so shut up man >_>

every place has his own metagame and they have the right to do whatever they want, like if USA wants to use metas and camp like Pu55ies, that it's fine with me

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I can say it, in mexico you see even less spam and camping than USA, so shut up man >_>
every place has his own metagame and they have the right to do whatever they want, like if USA wants to use metas and camp like Pu55ies, that it's fine with me
And I can say that i've never heard of any good players from Mexico.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
D:Charizard
E:pokemon Trainer,Squirtle,Ivysaur
That's interesting.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Wario that low? Almost sounds like this at the very beginning of the American Metagame where people thought Wario sucked and could never make it into high tier.
Rihu says it's because of his grab release issues.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Uhh...

People need to remember that the Japanese has a different metagame than we do. They play aggresively. They don't bother shielding or dodging. They take the hits and continue to pummel each other. Of course this would make people like Fox high tier and people like King DDD low tier. Their DDD's don't camp and then try to chaingrab across the stage. They're not like that. They go up in your face and battle to the death.

We are not the better players. We're just the cheapest.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Now I never said we couldn't teach the Japanese a lesson. ;)

I'm just saying they have a different way of playing, I guess the "honorable" way, so it's to be expected their tier list will be vastly different from ours.

Top Bottom