• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

January 17, 2009 - Ranbat Finals (1. Cobalt, 2. Amaterasu, 3. Shaya)

Afropony

Smash Lord
I wont be able to bring a TV because my parents don't want to have to take me there and back and I don't really want to be carrying a TV on public transport.

How many TVs are there ATM?

Blazey

Magical Love Gentleman
BRoomer
It looks like I won't be able to bring mine, either. Sorry guys, but I realised driving all the way there isn't really in my best interests atm, especially if I'm going to since I will have a few drinks at Crown afterwards (which I'd have to pay parking for if I drove there).

Dekar289

Smash Hero
I WONT BE ABLE TO BRING A TV EITHER

hype
(this is the REAL dog with flowers imo)

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
deakins soooo far away
just pretend youre going to x's or arun's its practically the same area

Attn: All BRoomers making this tourney (Mic_128, Mini Mic, CAO, Blazey, TM), we're doing a stylised photoshoot. Dress in something that makes a statement (a bit outrageous is good) and bring props - blazey bring your cane TM wants it. We've got some fun ideas for the shoot which involves some dominatrix X3 and tangled gamecube controllers... <3

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
just pretend youre going to x's or arun's its practically the same area

Attn: All BRoomers making this tourney (Mic_128, Mini Mic, CAO, Blazey, TM), we're doing a stylised photoshoot. Dress in something that makes a statement (a bit outrageous is good) and bring props - blazey bring your cane TM wants it. We've got some fun ideas for the shoot which involves some dominatrix X3 and tangled gamecube controllers... <3
Whoo leather knee high boots! Muahahaha. Even non-BRoomers can dress up and bring props and be ridiculous with us. :]

LAWL. Remind me to bring my cat ears. : D

Dekar289

Smash Hero
let's finish on time for once please

i'll bring a wii and brawl/melee, so somebody bring a tv to complete this setup
don't make an excuse, just bring a god **** tv you ****er

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
TV's are amazing! Keep it up Smash Community!

Interesting note - THERES NO WAY SAM CAN BE LATE FOR THIS... ITS HIT UNI FOR WOXY'S SAKE!

See you all tomorrow! :)

10.30AM SETUP

Dekar289

Smash Hero
team buttsecks parade will watch the competition game, and then throw them into the losers pit.

C WUT I DID THAR

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Important Note:
Contributors of significant equipment should arrive at 10:30am if possible. Please contact me or Loki if there are special circumstances that we need to be aware of.
Here's a rough map:

Red dots are where we recommend long term parking for the day, and poorly circled building is where the event is.
There is a loading zone just south of the building.
The DAC guys have kindly offered to help with signage and bits of chalk, so you don't get hopelessly lost. I've been promised that it's less confusing to navigate than Latrobe or Melbourne Uni!
DAC booked for us the 'B' building, which they commonly use for their own activities. We have access to a few large sized classrooms and one lecture theatre.

For a better map of the campus, check this out:
http://www.deakin.edu.au/campuses/InteractiveMapBurwood.php

Games
Smash Bros Melee(?)/Brawl - Ranbat finals for 2008 season
Guilty Gear XX AC
Street Fighter 3: Third Strike

Also we'll be giving these following games a shot:
Street Fighter 2 HD Remix
Fate Unlimited Codes

As usual, we'll have Rock Band 2 also (featuring a crapload of new DLC... argh my wallet).

Tournament Schedule (Smash times on the FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD)
12:00 - 2:00pm - Fate Unlimited Codes (Singles) - PS2
2:30 - 4:30pm - Street Fighter III: Third Strike (Singles) - PS2
5:00 - 7:00pm - Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core (Singles) - PS2
8:00 - 10:00pm - Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (Singles) - ?

Please shoot as many questions regarding organisation and venue as you can, as we'll get it all covered. I will tidy this announcement up over the weekend.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
SCHEDULE

* 11am > 2pm: Brawl Singles Open Pools and Top 16 SE Finals
* 2pm > 5pm: Brawl Teams
* 5pm > 8pm: Melee DE Singles
* 8pm > 12am: Crown/DDR End-of-Season Party

Dekar289

Smash Hero
spoilers

singles
1st - cobalt
2nd - chris
3rd - shaya
4th - dekar

doubles
1st - chris and cobalt
2nd - jei and dekar TEEEEEM BUTTSECKS PARADE111!11
3rd - tibs and attila
4th - cao and shaya

syke is crap rofl

shoutouts later <3

S.D

Smash Master
Someone beat him please. I hope I'll be able to get full attendance for new season. I wanted to come coz it's kinda close but there would've been no point.
I tried my best, we had two good sets when i was down but hats off to the guy, he's a true champion - beating Chris proves it <3 suntan

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
Hey this location was great, would Deakin allow this place to be used during uni semesters?

-----------

Thanks for the year guys, very nice people in the smash community and made so many new friends which ultimately makes me come back every month for this reason and not just for the sake of the competition itself. It's been a very eventful year going to smash meets, interstate comp, birthdays.

Smash is my first and only gaming community i am in and i have to say, i absolutely love it.

Melbourne Smash scene rules. :D

Dekar289

Smash Hero
look at the brackets, pretty sure we never played each other
i think i lost a friendly to some guy who looked like you, prob cobalt or something, but def not you

first shoutouts coz everyone else sux

jei: we're so good, like we took a set off cobalt and chris 2 - 0 with ease (srsly) thanks for teaming, best team yet for me anyway <3

chris: oh you so secksy, even with mah 'bair 120% of the time' tactic you still **** somehow...

cobalt: i blame you for lack of tips to beat shaya

shaya: it's the little things like use of up-b that make your marth better ey gj

cao: i dun get it how liek you almost beat chris (but don't, thanks alot) and then fail in teams so hard.. w/e, '09 is melee time

forte: ever thought about not going random? seems like such a waste

redact: no u

atticus, erick, cats, shaz: this will go down as greatest event anywhere ever, bl. did i mention it actually rained ****?

tak: rofl pikachu... prob would have worked but the day before i played chris' pikachu, and turns out pikachu craps on g and w, but marth beats it bl

devil: we should have friendlied, you might have even beat me idk prob not

icek: dunno why you even come to these events, let alone exist w/e... just to show off those guns amirite

mikul: yes

jared: bl, that last stock of the first match decided the set imo, our set was best brawl set i ever had <3

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ahm super tired.

So here's a fun lil group shot for the time being.

Even though I wasn't really there for the smash, I had a lot of fun goofin off and just chillin out. :] Might do shout outs when I can open my eyes.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Dekar: Every match we won was solely around the arrow>bucket combo. If we filled that bucket up just once it was an insta-win for us. We should team for every major at least...moar Buttsecks Parade.

Nay: Lol, cry some more. Don't b*tch about Pit being cheap, just find a counter instead of entering every match with Toon Link knowing you won't win.

CAO: Once again, good job at running another tournament, I will hope I can make a good enough protege` for Brawl tournaments. We'll see I guess. Afronova FTW squeee.

Chris: *Sigh* one day....one day lol. Always good to see you.

Cobalt: I know we haven't vsed in a tournament in like..forever but it seems every time I improve, you improve 10-fold so it seems I'll never catch up to you again. Props.

Shaya: What can I say? Your Marth is greater than my Pit. But just barely (flbasdbkx cheap win zhbxd)....also always good to see you.

Jared and Nick bros: Both of you scare the hell out of me...Nick, sorry about countering with Skyworld, I won't do it again.

Devil: I saw the win. Now get me a job.

Tibor(?): I don't know where you came from and I didn't vs you or anything but you seem to be the new challenger in the scene. I can see you will do great in future tournaments.

Overall, even though the turnout was pathetic, at least everyone that turned up was very, very decent at the game and made a very short tournament a very difficult one skill-wise. Only disappointment was that Melee was cancelled due to time but whatevs I still got a few good games in.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
tibs "tibor" is attila's boyfriend, they're TEC

yeh some top quality matches.

tibs7

Smash Champion
bahaha boyfriend hes my brother,dekar ill smash u,:laugh:
but yes, thanks jei ive only been to one other tourny and wish to attend more in the future!

Dedu

Smash Lord
hahahaha

look at Cao and Shaya in da pic <3

Thundermistress is proving to be one hot photographer!

Top Bottom