• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Swear to god is Armada is put in my pool lol but alright

Just want to have fun and learn this tourney, hoping this Ganon Round Robin happens.

Bazkip

Smash Master
So this week I've managed to kill people in tournaments with sword taunt and Wiz Foot spike in PM, and Warlock Punch in Melee. I just need to get someone with Melee utilt and I'll become Bizzarro Flame.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
During friendlies with a Kirby at the last Bowser's revenge, I made him get scared of dtaunt while recovering, then panic airdodge away from the stage and die. I felt pretty accomplished.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
Hey guys. Just thought I'd pop in and say hello! I got to grand finals of a tournament recently and I was hoping to get some critique today if possible.

http://youtu.be/vCNH3hxFSbg

Also, I need General pointers against Bowser. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have another event tonight and I know I have a good chance of winning...but that I know nothing about PM:(

Bazkip

Smash Master
Hey guys. Just thought I'd pop in and say hello! I got to grand finals of a tournament recently and I was hoping to get some critique today if possible.

http://youtu.be/vCNH3hxFSbg

Also, I need General pointers against Bowser. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have another event tonight and I know I have a good chance of winning...but that I know nothing about PM:(
It's still Bowser, he still loses to grabs
And we've got a flying aerial grab
That we can get a normal grab off of afterwards
And we can dthrow chaingrab him to kill percents

Poor Bowser

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i've had luck beating our local amazeballs bowser on skyworld. it's easier for you to cover bowser's recovery options there than it is for him to cover yours, since he's relegated to primarily horizontal lanes. you can sit on the cloud on the right and cover going towards the cloud or really high to the top platform, while also being able to drop through and uair/fair/ballingdair the low option.

Bazkip

Smash Master
You can tech chase Bowser with grounded Flame Choke ad nauseam on reaction, right?

Last edited:

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Aw shucks ;) well yeah, I do videos similar to that. Use to do pre-smash 4 videos but now i'm focusing on more production heavy stuff

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
Aw shucks ;) well yeah, I do videos similar to that. Use to do pre-smash 4 videos but now i'm focusing on more production heavy stuff
Luckily, that's my favorite kind'o'stuff!
My channel melted because of work and uni (collage).

It's called Ozzie Game Guys, though I havn't uploaded a video in like a year. :p (shill shill shill)

Bazkip

Smash Master
You need a better game face, baz.
I didn't realize Coast was making that face at first, and then when I did we ended up with constipated face lol. With more attempts it would've been better I swear ;-;

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Keep it coming plz. So should I take him to flat stages for CG? Ban small stages?
If you put Bowser to the ground next to you and he gets up via tech or manual getup just side B towards him.

It doesnt matter which way he rolls or if he just standing tech/getup, you'll catch him. As long as you let him start (aka don't start your side B before he techs/gets up) you can chain side Bs infinitely. The most satisfying thing in this is the "that's ****ing bull****" every Bowser player pronounces when your side B grabs his fat hurtbox from behind you.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Oh yeah remember that Link that I killed but then killed myself first and lost the game?
2-0'd him on Saturday yeeaaaaahhhhhh.

And then didn't make it out of pools cause I had Poob (I'm assuming you know who this is, he ended up getting 4th), and Nedd (among the better PM players in Montreal, would be ranked somewhere in the 6-10 range if we had a PR, got 7th at the tourney) in my pool and it was only top 2 make it out.

I'm part of the crew that runs stuff for Smash in Montreal doesn't that mean I'm supposed to get **** rigged in my favour? lmao

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
He can't up b on wakeup? It's still pretty fast...

Also can't he Nair out of the CG? When does it end?
If he has time, Bowser can up-b, but invulnerability ends quite a while before he can act.

I'm not 100% sure on when he can escape, but if you go into debug mode and see that Bowser is out of hitstun for >5 frames, he can hit you with nair. DJ-ing out is a more relevant escape, though.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Does the title saying "Janon" instead of "Ganon" have some sort of significance? An inside joke perhaps?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
because he loves us.

and i have no idea, it was like that from day1 and i think we just kinda didn't question it.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Does the title saying "Janon" instead of "Ganon" have some sort of significance? An inside joke perhaps?
It's a very private joke that I have with people that aren't even on these boards.

People in France tend to pronounce Ganon with the "on" french sound (reference) so the now world famous Brawl Ganon player Dueler X decided that the next logical step was also to mispronounce the "G", which in french can be pronounced "J", giving birth to the infamous Janon. So whenever I read Ganon anywhere now my head reads it Janon.

The more you know™

Also sup guys, I haven't been around for a long time except a few posts here and there, in fact I haven't played any smash games in a month (I played PM on Valentines day tho so I guess it's ok), moslty been playing Diablo 3 and working. Thinking about it I don't even have a pm setup at home anymore, I have my wii but since I replaced my crt with a flat screen I haven't bought the cable to join the two :/ (hackless PAL when PMBRRRR). I kinda want to go back to the game but I don't have anyone around me playing it and my computer isn't strong enough to handle dolphin.

Anyway how's life around here when I'm gone ?

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Guys I took n0ne to game three vs. his Falcon in pools, lost though but still hype

It was close too. I ended Game 1 with a Ganoncide. Game 2 was close on Dreamland, and Game 3 it was a 2 stock sorta. Tried to do the ledge spike with side+b but ganoncided him while he had 2 stocks. Close games nonetheless, and very hype.

I need to feel good about myself okay lol

EDIT: I flubbed alot of stuff, but so did he, gotta do better next time.

Here critique it

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
june showing how to properly use ganon:

abuse stage first counterpicking by stealing their warioware stage cp and looooooling all the way to the bank, but main a real character.

still a heathen, tho.

Shaq

BRoomer
BRoomer
What's good y'all? The King of Evil is my second best character (sorry guys I practice Game & Watch all the time) and I was wondering if any of y'all could stand up to my might. Who's tryna money match me at the NBA finals? Any amount. :yeahboi:

Bazkip

Smash Master
I can't do it anymore guys, he's just too clunky and slow. I'm giving up on Ganon :(
in Smash 4

Top Bottom