• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
double ganon is so painful to play against, Its like every time I get hit I take like 35%, and I can't run from ganon because theres two. You also have to commit to every edgeguard if you ever want to hope to kill one, and then you have to deal with another ganon trying to tipman/stomp you.

Its probably a really bad team but Its so good >.>

CORY

wut
BRoomer
well, there was that double ganon team that had vex on it that sent oracle/sethlon to loser's bracket a while back.

and that was when ganon was a straight up low tier, rather than at least mid.

Bazkip

Smash Master
well, there was that double ganon team that had vex on it that sent oracle/sethlon to loser's bracket a while back.

and that was when ganon was a straight up low tier, rather than at least mid.
Vex and Gunblade.

Also in GOML Melee dubs Kage and Loki got 5th (they even took a game off M2K and Hbox). So it can work...just gotta be really good.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
He basically does the utaunt when he stomps, tho... And laughing as he boots you down is way cooler than laughing as he punches your head.

We also need to be careful about hidden taunts, too much swag might make him op : o

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Next PTO let's team Coast lel

We could win bc people can't handle double Ganons. Especially if both of them are stylish as ****. The stomps, the wiz kicks....

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Howdy

I never met you, i'm new to tourneys yolo swag

And it should be his laugh, but you have input z+uptaunt before the dair, maybe the speed of a dacus

That reminds me i should set uptaunt to x so i can taunt cancel and slowly destroy my opponents spirits

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
Z would make you do an aerial, so that wouldn't even work. Just make it so the window to input utaunt is only open right before theove is active, if you're that worried about overswagging.

Coastward

Smash Lord
Huh TO Joe still plays PM? I figured he'd dropped it after he didn't enter it Smash Intensifies.

Also looooooool rekt
Though now I'm worried that if we get into a 2v1 at LAN ETS we'll both try to Wiz Foot spike the guy and end up killing each other.
thats what i did to @ n0ne n0ne what a previous tournament LOL, we got 3rd because i went too deep with a wizkick.

n0ne

Smash Ace
So i have a 100$ mm vs gravy. Reppin the dorf for this. What/whens the next big thing after apex in the states?

Also, im putting falcon to the side for a while and going dorf more now

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
kage's all like "we're teaming" and axe is like "but i've already agreed to tea-" "i'll break your arm" "ok, we're teaming".

Nephiros

Smash Ace
I'd argue Ganon could use a laugh hidden taunt on every attack he has for maximum disrespect. owo

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
So as I'm working on tech, the timing for perfect waveland after short hop upair seems really specific, especially compared to bair. Is that just me, or is it actually harder? I'm trying to have more/better setups than just bair for perfect wavelands.

Last edited:

CORY

wut
BRoomer
no, it is really tight. don't know the specific numbers (mostly because i'm lazy and haven't gone to check the actual iasa frames on moves vs the sh air time...) but it's MUCH tighter than bair wl.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
I think it's mostly just because bair contorts your landing detection stuff in a way that makes wavelanding easier and upair doesn't

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
I think Callum's partially right. Back air is still kind of in an attack animation when you waveland, whereas up air is usually back to the standard falling animation by the time you hit the ground.

By my tests, you have a one frame window to waveland if you up air the frame you leave the ground (because the upair animation is over). However, if you upair the third frame you're in the air, you have a two frame window to waveland, THEN another frame or two where you will airdodge but not waveland. So, the earlier you up air the harder it actually is to perfect waveland (but too late and you won't be able to). This is kind of unintuitive, but makes sense when you consider the animation lengths.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
I think Callum's partially right. Back air is still kind of in an attack animation when you waveland, whereas up air is usually back to the standard falling animation by the time you hit the ground.

By my tests, you have a one frame window to waveland if you up air the frame you leave the ground (because the upair animation is over). However, if you upair the third frame you're in the air, you have a two frame window to waveland, THEN another frame or two where you will airdodge but not waveland. So, the earlier you up air the harder it actually is to perfect waveland (but too late and you won't be able to). This is kind of unintuitive, but makes sense when you consider the animation lengths.
that's really interesting to know!

Top Bottom