• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

Coastward

Smash Lord
got 5th in singles and 3rd in doubles with none as double ganondorf.

almost got jv5'd cuz i suck ass at the falcon matchup LOL.

i got a reverse down-b cancel > down-b kill today too.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
I can't be the only one who's noticed a lot of Ganon players also being Canadian. Truly, we are a country that promotes power and disgusting dominance over our foes!

Also keep stylin' Coastward, Ganon is always great to wathc.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Yoooo @ Hungry Headcrab Hungry Headcrab I see that 7th place finish at PNWR, with a 2-0 victory over Shroomed. Who does he play in PM, Mario/Sheik? Got any stuff recorded?

Also while I'm doing this, shoutouts to @ Scuba Steve Scuba Steve for 25th at Forte 2, not bad for a tourney with 152 entrants.

Good **** to everyone this weekend
Except @ RelaxAlax RelaxAlax who wussied out and didn't attend Project TO :<

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Eh i'm just having an epiphany with comp smash, taking a break from tourneys and weeklies and keeping up with the scene.

:estatic:

Bazkip

Smash Master
https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/76293-power

its cheap as ****, but id recommend get a size higher then what you are because the material they use kinda stretches to fit. still nice af tho.
uhhhh **** I already wear shirts a size up from what I probably should wear since I prefer my clothes loose
So if I go a size up again then I'm worried it'll be waaaay too big

What do

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
uhhhh **** I already wear shirts a size up from what I probably should wear since I prefer my clothes loose
So if I go a size up again then I'm worried it'll be waaaay too big

What do
just do what you do already lol, i think youll be fine.

if you and @ RelaxAlax RelaxAlax get the shirts, we can invade tournies as a ****ing crew LOL

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Yoooo @ Hungry Headcrab Hungry Headcrab I see that 7th place finish at PNWR, with a 2-0 victory over Shroomed. Who does he play in PM, Mario/Sheik? Got any stuff recorded
Ha, thanks. Nothing was streamed or recorded because PNWR was an Apex qualifier, unfortunately.

Shroomed went all Ike against me. He played pure fundamentals with no Quickdraw shenanigans at all. It was very odd. His reads and spacing are still godlike though, so it worked well enough, lol.

Afterward I went last hit, last stock game 3 against Bladewise. So clooose, lol. So hard to take sets off of that guy.

There were a lot of Ganons there, and I just have to ask, I'm not the only Ganon who knows how to use float for recovery, right? Every Ganon at PNWR seemed to have come to the conclusion that it was useless and I was baffled. I had to explain to at least 8 or so Ganondorf players that float is indeed good for recovery if you don't use it like a dingus. I even see Junebug use his floats after jumping and leaving himself vulnerable and/or outright losing distance and height. Isn't this obvious?

RelaxAlax

That Smash Guy
Floats GOAT

It takes some getting use to, but it does help with recovery from certain distances. You still need to sweetspot every time though. Haven't played in a bit but i remember its either float->wizkick->up+b or if you can't wizkick cus your a bit too low then it helps too. You can't do it too fkn low or you'll decend past the point of where you can recover. It's definitely better than pre 3.5, but not going to make us Deep Kongs lol

Last edited:

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Floats GOAT

It takes some getting use to, but it does help with recovery from certain distances. You still need to sweetspot every time though. Haven't played in a bit but i remember its either float->wizkick->up+b or if you can't wizkick cus your a bit too low then it helps too. You can't do it too fkn low or you'll decend past the point of where you can recover. It's definitely better than pre 3.5, but not going to make us Deep Kongs lol
Basically, unless height isn't a factor, only float for recovery if you have a jump. Otherwise you lose height, are a sitting duck, and are likely to die.

Float->Wiz Kick is not the way to go about it because of the height you'll lose on the float without a jump. Wiz Kick->float->jump->up-B is what I do generally, adding mix up where necessary.

I can't stress this enough, Ganon's recovery is legit decent now. Don't be a dingus.

Last edited:

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Basically, unless height isn't a factor, only float for recovery if you have a jump. Otherwise you lose height, are a sitting duck, and are likely to die.

Float->Wiz Kick is not the way to go about it because of the height you'll lose on the float without a jump. Wiz Kick->float->jump->up-B is what I do generally, adding mix up where necessary.

I can't stress this enough, Ganon's recovery is legit decent now. Don't be a dingus.
thissssss

I keep running into people who don't seem to think Float is good for anything, and it makes me sad :(

Bazkip

Smash Master
Hay, man... Hate to break it to you, but I think they flipped your hoodie around...
mirrors bruh
I was gonna flip the image in Photoshop but I totally forgot lol

Though wait you said hoodie
wtf are you talking about then?
Like I'm wearing a red hoodie open over the Power shirt if you didn't notice.

Last edited:

Coastward

Smash Lord
PMDT gib us this too

Also

aww yiss

Edit: Mirror fix
YOOOO WE CAN TEAM WITH THESE SHIRTS AT LAN ETS

also im super inconsistent with posting on this board. lmao.

got 7th today. dk is stupid holy ****, new demon to conquer.

got a pretty ****ing dope combo to show you guys too so ill post it once it gets uploaded.

Bazkip

Smash Master
YOOOO WE CAN TEAM WITH THESE SHIRTS AT LAN ETS

also im super inconsistent with posting on this board. lmao.

got 7th today. dk is stupid holy ****, new demon to conquer.

got a pretty ****ing dope combo to show you guys too so ill post it once it gets uploaded.
Duuuuude I'm so down
Though I should warn you I'm terrible at teams though

Stalled

Smash Apprentice
Double ganon best team. One ganon knocks em off stage, one edge guards. Or both can knock them offstage so both can edge guard. Our uair hitboxes will cover 45% of the map. Hit your teammate? No problem, we wont die, and if we do the enemy will die faster.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i got to play some friendlies double ganon teams with sethlon last night. it was exhilarating : O

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I understand and agree with Warlock Punch being moved to Side Smash. I'm not complaining about that.

I just wish it still had the sound effects. It's just not the same without "GuuuuuRAAAAAAAHHHHHH".

(Also, someone should probably get on updating Ganon!Kirby.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom