• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

Nguz95

Smash Lord
I know. It's so exciting. He's a really solid character, but nobody believes it, so when he gets any buffs, he'll destroy Hyrule.

Spralwers

Smash Ace
I've seen at most three other Ganon mains at smashing grounds, but not all at the same time.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Ganon is a really solid character, or even solid. That's putting him in the same realm as say Link, Mario, Fox, Ivy, Meta Knight, Diddy, etc. But he probably won't need much to become a really solid character.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
I'm so proud of our wee little weeklies in Austin. I was at the first one that was ever hosted and I was the only guy besides the 5-6 people hosting it that showed up. That was a few months ago. We just now had 43 entrants tonight with some people coming in from San Antonio and College Station. As for being on topic in the Ganon boards I went Ganon the whole tournament and I managed to get 3rd, but I got double eliminated by G-Rabbit's Kirby. I really need to learn how to punish Kirby doing dash attacks off of platforms.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
That's always cool to know a scene is going well. Meanwhile in Paris, we're struggling to find a venue for tournaments so it's hard to get a scene going. I have a tournament at the end of June but nothing before that.

And by dash attack off platforms you mean he falls then hits you, or he hits you then falls ?

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
He starts a dash attack while on a platform and he sort of flies off the platform really quickly and I struggled to find an effective way to punish it. I was watching the guy who double eliminated G-Rabbit and he would punish it by dashing out of the way with Metaknight and dashing back in, but Ganon doesn't really have the speed to do that as effectively.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
NNID
teloutre
Idk, I haven't played many Kirbies (only one) but when he was getting overconfident with dash attack/upB I just wizkicked him. IDK if it would've worked for you, I have a hard time picturing your description in my head lmao.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
I'll post a video in the video thread whenever it gets uploaded. I'm almost positive that our second set was recorded.

Bazkip

Smash Master
Just got back from a tourney, didn't do that well but had a lot of fun, and learned a few things too.

Highlights include taking a game off Loki, and getting a Ganoncide on him, landing a double reversed Warlock Punch, getting complimented on my shirt by someone watching the stream, and winning against someone who claimed he could beat me in Ganon dittos in both PM and Melee.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
Just got back from a tourney, didn't do that well but had a lot of fun, and learned a few things too.

Highlights include taking a game off Loki, and getting a Ganoncide on him, landing a double reversed Warlock Punch, getting complimented on my shirt by someone watching the stream, and winning against someone who claimed he could beat me in Ganon dittos in both PM and Melee.
Did you let him know that if he played half as well as he likes peen you woulda had more trouble?

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
At the weekly last Thursday, Austin's finest squared up against College Station in a crew battle. As luck would have it, I was the last person left to go on my team and I got the chance to finish it off in style.

http://youtu.be/Ik429OMhnMk?t=18m22s

Edit:
Dang, I just realized that besides a few moments of awesome, I played really poorly. Look at all those whiffed grab followups where I just smash attacked by accident.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
At the weekly last Thursday, Austin's finest squared up against College Station in a crew battle. As luck would have it, I was the last person left to go on my team and I got the chance to finish it off in style.

http://youtu.be/Ik429OMhnMk?t=18m22s

Edit:
Dang, I just realized that besides a few moments of awesome, I played really poorly. Look at all those whiffed grab followups where I just smash attacked by accident.
The finish was delicious, but the grab followups were a bit iffy. Still good ****. I didn't get to see enough to get a good grasp of how you like to play, but I think you should try going in more. Ganon flourishes when he's uncomfortably close.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
I have a bunch of videos of my Ganon on the video thread. It's mostly me getting rekt by a player named Eclipse Kirby, though lol.

WhiteLightnin

Smash Journeyman
Greetings! Here is some REALLY IMPORTANT TIME SENSITIVE INFORMATION. WATCH THIS VIDEO AND/OR READ BELOW! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJHZj5w83vg

It has to do with us being able to continue to play Wifi on custom servers after Nintendo Wifi shuts down but we HAVE TO ACT BEFORE THE 18th if you don't want to have to create a new fc and add all of your current friends again.

Just enter your friend code including the (-) between numbers and for GameID the code of the game which in this case would be RSB* for SSBB. You are going to want to enter a letter for the region you are playing from. For most of us that will be an "E" which is for the Americas. So in the GameID slot you would have RSBE. The link to the website is http://wiimmfi.profeibe.at/

*I'm posting this in multiple places to give as many people as possible the chance to see it in time. I apologize if this isn't an appropriate place to post this within the forum, but not all of the character forums have a social/general discussion thread. In those cases I tried to pick a thread where I know a lot of people will see it. I figured many people will be interested in this as net play is not a plausible alternative for quite a few people.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
Greetings! Here is some REALLY IMPORTANT TIME SENSITIVE INFORMATION. WATCH THIS VIDEO AND/OR READ BELOW! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJHZj5w83vg

It has to do with us being able to continue to play Wifi on custom servers after Nintendo Wifi shuts down but we HAVE TO ACT BEFORE THE 18th if you don't want to have to create a new fc and add all of your current friends again.

Just enter your friend code including the (-) between numbers and for GameID the code of the game which in this case would be RSB* for SSBB. You are going to want to enter a letter for the region you are playing from. For most of us that will be an "E" which is for the Americas. So in the GameID slot you would have RSBE. The link to the website is http://wiimmfi.profeibe.at/

*I'm posting this in multiple places to give as many people as possible the chance to see it in time. I apologize if this isn't an appropriate place to post this within the forum, but not all of the character forums have a social/general discussion thread. In those cases I tried to pick a thread where I know a lot of people will see it. I figured many people will be interested in this as net play is not a plausible alternative for quite a few people.
Wifi sux anyways

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Won my first tournament last Thursday. My matches are up in the video thread now.

Wasn't quite a GameClucks, and the scary guys (i.e. Silent Wolf/Bladewise) weren't there, but I'll take what I can get.

Yanoss1313

Smash Journeyman
Won my first tournament last Thursday. My matches are up in the video thread now.

Wasn't quite a GameClucks, and the scary guys (i.e. Silent Wolf/Bladewise) weren't there, but I'll take what I can get.
hey, a win's still a win! closest i've ever gotten is top 8 :p

Bazkip

Smash Master
I think we spend too much time going on about how evil Ganon is. Why not try to show people a nicer side?

And then crush them when they least expect it :smirk:

Bazkip

Smash Master
Landed a Warlock Punch while playing doubles and then my teammate immediately kneed them.

I don't think I'm going to be part of anything so epic ever again.

Last edited:

Spralwers

Smash Ace
You could be a part of something even more epic if your teammate lands a pawnch instead of a knee

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
This is a little of topic, but do any of you either know someone who uses USB Loader GX or use USB Loader GX yourselves? I need someone to walk me through the process of installing and using it. I have this Wii that's disk drive no longer works and I don't want to spend money to fix it.

Top Bottom