• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ivysaur As A DLC! - VOTE NOW FOR HIM IN THE SMASH BALLOT!!

Vsaur

Smash Rookie
I really wonder how :003: could work out with a size tone-down. :003::006::009:. Y'know, i like Ivysaur too but there's room for more fun in here.
Originally i wanted venasaur but i thought he would be a bit awkward in the air

Vsaur

Smash Rookie
Originally i wanted :003: but then i thought she would be a bit awkward in the air

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
:ganondorfmelee: :dk64: :dkmelee: :bowser2: :bowsermelee: :4bowser::4ganondorf::4charizard:

:4littlemac: in the air!

Lotsa people would like to talk to you.

...okay. Thats enough Off topic in this thread from me! - flies away -
All of those characters are pretty mobile. It may be bad mobility compared to others, (I don't notice) but it's there. Venusaur doesn't have this luxury. Also, If Venusaur was made playable, he would look like his growth was stunted at birth. It'd be so weird.
But you are right we are talking about Ivysaur.......Soooooo......Is it bad that I just realized why Ivysaur is poison type? (Poison Ivy)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All of those characters are pretty mobile. It may be bad mobility compared to others, (I don't notice) but it's there. Venusaur doesn't have this luxury. Also, If Venusaur was made playable, he would look like his growth was stunted at birth. It'd be so weird.
But you are right we are talking about Ivysaur.......Soooooo......Is it bad that I just realized why Ivysaur is poison type? (Poison Ivy)
Oh yeah, and Poison Bulba, and Poison Vena, I've heard of those too :p

BobEugCox

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BobEugCox
I am in full support of this happening (along with Squirtle). I have absolutely no problem with over representing the Pokémon series... Squirtle & Ivysaur have movesets and would be much easier to put in Smash than almost any other characters. Plus, with the roster as large as it is now, any additional characters are just icing on the cake for me.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I just wanted to pass this question of to you guys in the thread since it's something I've pondered for a bit.

In Brawl, there were 3 Tether Recovery Specials, different from the mere grab tether of :4samus::4link::4tlink::4lucas:, I'm referring to the Up+B moves that functioned akin to a whip to latch onto the ledge. :olimar:'s Pikmin Chain, :zerosuitsamus:'s Plasma Whip, and :ivysaur:'s Vine Whip.

As :4olimar: has his winged pikmin and :4zss:has the rocket heels she took from Bayonetta, do you all think that Ivy would retain her Vine Whip or would it be changed to something else? And if so, I'd like to hear your ideas for its replacement.

D

Deleted member

I just wanted to pass this question of to you guys in the thread since it's something I've pondered for a bit.

In Brawl, there were 3 Tether Recovery Specials, different from the mere grab tether of :4samus::4link::4tlink::4lucas:, I'm referring to the Up+B moves that functioned akin to a whip to latch onto the ledge. :olimar:'s Pikmin Chain, :zerosuitsamus:'s Plasma Whip, and :ivysaur:'s Vine Whip.

As :4olimar: has his winged pikmin and :4zss:has the rocket heels she took from Bayonetta, do you all think that Ivy would retain her Vine Whip or would it be changed to something else? And if so, I'd like to hear your ideas for its replacement.
I think we discussed this before. Let's see, I think I have three basic ideas. 1. Make Vine Whip more like a spinning attack like DK's Up B; 2. Replace Vine Whip with a move like Leaf Storm that lifts Ivysaur up in a cyclone of leaves that push others back slightly or cut them; 3. Replace Vine Whip with something like Seed Bomb that shoots downward and propels Ivysaur up, like Robin's Elwind move.

If Down B were something like Synthesis or Poison/Sleep Powder that would be neat.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
I have no clue how people say Ivysaur has no popularity. All stages of the original starters are well-known and beloved by fans.

I'd prefer Venusaur to Ivysaur returning, though, alongside Blastoise. Pokémon "over-representation" be damned. I'd cut out Greninja for those two next game if I could. Having a battle of the fully evolved Gen I starters in Smash would be the hypest thing after the "4 Mascots" battle we got to have this time.

D

Deleted member

I have no clue how people say Ivysaur has no popularity. All stages of the original starters are well-known and beloved by fans.

I'd prefer Venusaur to Ivysaur returning, though, alongside Blastoise. Pokémon "over-representation" be damned. I'd cut out Greninja for those two next game if I could. Having a battle of the fully evolved Gen I starters in Smash would be the hypest thing after the "4 Mascots" battle we got to have this time.
That would be cool. Venusaur was never really appealing to me, though, whereas Bulbasaur and Ivysaur are pretty cute.
I also always thought Wartortle looked dumb. All the rest of the starter forms are cool. So the way they did the Pokemon Trainer in Brawl really made the most sense.

BoN~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Riskyx
3DS FC
4742-7971-2374
Sorry to everyone!!! D: Im going to update the thread now!
thanks for all! ^^

THREAD TOTALLY UPDATED
Thanks for everything and sorry for the delay, I promise you that I will be more active In smashboards! !! ^^

Last edited by a moderator:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Sorry to everyone!!! D: Im going to update the thread now!
thanks for all! ^^
YAY! BoN~ is back!

I don't think it will be replaced, just made better.
Ivysaur is overshadowed by Zoruark (Surprised we haven't had one yet), Sceptile, Blastoise, and even freaking Venusaur fans. That is what we mean when we say Ivysaur isn't as popular.

BoN~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Riskyx
3DS FC
4742-7971-2374
so,any idea to put in the thread?
I think that this very incomplete..

BoN~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Riskyx
3DS FC
4742-7971-2374
Why everyone wants the pm ivysaur? D:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ivysaur is overshadowed by Zoruark (Surprised we haven't had one yet), Sceptile, Blastoise, and even freaking Venusaur fans. That is what we mean when we say Ivysaur isn't as popular.
But Ivysaur has Smash Bros. precedence, which is the only thing keeping Jigglypuff in the game.

And I think this secret power of his might pull through eventually for us Ivysaur fans. It's no doubt helped Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, Lucas, and (probably) Roy return. All hail the Smash veterans! Except Snake. He can just go and

Last edited by a moderator:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
But Ivysaur has Smash Bros. precedence, which is the only thing keeping Jigglypuff in the game.

And I think this secret power of his might pull through eventually for us Ivysaur fans. It's no doubt helped Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, Lucas, and (probably) Roy return. All hail the Smash veterans! Except Snake. He can just go and
You don't like Snake? Wow. I would have expected Pichu, but Snake?

BoN~

Smash Cadet
NNID
Riskyx
3DS FC
4742-7971-2374
they realized that entry animatoon of 4 pokemons in the game leave of a Pokeball?, a pokemon team have 6 poke's, so ... wheres squirtle and ivy!?

(My english is not perfect,if not understand,tell me)

Pixel_

Smash Ace
I weighed all the facts, and I have come to a conclusion.......................................They were eaten by Charizard! :p
Well, good thing I use Charizard. Now I'm playing Ivysaur AND Charizard.

I want Ivysaur in the game. It/she in Project M was the only perfect main for me so far in the series, but I've never really been able to play much Project M.

D

Deleted member

If Roy really does come back...that kinda makes me think Sakurai will try to bring back (nearly) all cut characters. I hope so. It's the kind of thing DLC is perfectly suited for.

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage
Honestly, I think Grovyle would be better. We have no Gen 3 Pokemon in the roster and we have plenty of gen 1 Pokemon. Plus, Grovyle is a unique character, and not just a cut veteran.

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
Honestly, I think Grovyle would be better. We have no Gen 3 Pokemon in the roster and we have plenty of gen 1 Pokemon. Plus, Grovyle is a unique character, and not just a cut veteran.
Oh, I just beat PMD2-Sky.
You're making me feel sad things.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
We have no Gen 3 Pokemon in the roster and we have plenty of gen 1 Pokemon.
Mistake number 1: Reps; No character should be in smash just to fill in something silly as "gen 3 reps" or just "reps" in general, nor should they stop you from liking a character.
Plus, Grovyle is a unique character, and not just a cut veteran.
Mistake number 2: Uniqueness; No matter how unique Grovyle may be, it doesn't change the fact that Ivysaur is unique too. He isn't a clone like Pichu, Roy, and Young Link. The only reason why people don't care about him is because "muh popularity" and "muh reps".
(Just so you know, this I'm trying to be funny while conveying a point. I'm not sure how well it worked. lol)

D

Deleted member

Mistake number 1: Reps; No character should be in smash just to fill in something silly as "gen 3 reps" or just "reps" in general, nor should they stop you from liking a character.

Mistake number 2: Uniqueness; No matter how unique Grovyle may be, it doesn't change the fact that Ivysaur is unique too. He isn't a clone like Pichu, Roy, and Young Link. The only reason why people don't care about him is because "muh popularity" and "muh reps".
(Just so you know, this I'm trying to be funny while conveying a point. I'm not sure how well it worked. lol)
You're right though. Sometimes a character is brought into Smash Bros. for a good reason at the time, but later on their inclusion becomes less relevant. However, unless the character becomes essentially replaced (Young Link), I see no reason why they couldn't come back/stay. Just being in Smash in the first place makes them special in a sense. And nobody likes their favorite character to be cut. If DLC can bring cut characters back, I think it'd be perfect. That way, the developers would have prioritized new fighters before release, but can still appease fans after release.

Divemissile

Smash Apprentice
NNID
What_garbage

You bring up good points, and I agree with you. I just wish gen 1 got less representation in the character department. 4/6 of the characters being from gen 1 is pretty bad, and 5/7 is even worse. But overall, I agree with you.

D

Deleted member

You bring up good points, and I agree with you. I just wish gen 1 got less representation in the character department. 4/6 of the characters being from gen 1 is pretty bad, and 5/7 is even worse. But overall, I agree with you.
Why is that bad? Gen I is and should remain the most special generation of Pokemon.

Top Bottom