• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ivysaur As A DLC! - VOTE NOW FOR HIM IN THE SMASH BALLOT!!

D

Deleted member

The debate on Ivysaur's gender is interesting. I think it's worth asking why it's so necessary to gender Pokémon at all in smash.

Still, with the dearth of female fighters in Smash, fans, me included, will take whatever they can get. And since Ivysaur was voiced by a woman in the Japanese version of Brawl, many accept Ivysaur as a female smasher.

If we continue on about gender, I warn everyone that I will begin to incessantly complain about how (apparently) very few people consider Paula from Earthbound when talking about DLC candidates. She has teddy bears! Bows! A frying pan! She, uh, prays.

#paula4smash #ivysaur4smash #squirtle4smash
That's the thing; Ivysaur is female in Japan, but its voice is clearly more masculine overseas. Still, I think as far as most Pokemon in Smash go, the gender is up to the player, and you can't decide it for others. Maybe some think they're playing as a male Jigglypuff or a female Charizard, I don't know. Doesn't matter.
In any case, Ivysaur is the best.

ahem, after Mewtwo of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
a male Jigglypuff or a female Charizard, I don't know.
Funnily enough, the Smash Jigglypuff is considered female By Sakuri, and Charizard is called a male in one of his European trophies. Pika's also a male, but that's a no-brainer. All the others are unconfirmed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Funnily enough, the Smash Jigglypuff is considered female By Sakuri, and Charizard is called a male in one of his European trophies. Pika's also a male, but that's a no-brainer. All the others are unconfirmed.
When I said, "I don't know" I meant "I don't know who all out there would like to think to themselves that they are playing a male Jigglypuff or a female Charizard" which anyone has the right to do, despite confirmations that say otherwise.

D

Deleted member

I went with the first one.
I think we get it, though, people on Smashboards want K. Rool more than anything in this world.
EDIT: Oh, and Wolf and Isaac. Those three.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Anyone want to start a new Ivysaur thread? Cute pictures are a must. :)

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
This is what I feel:
Pikachu, Charizard, Squirtle, Lucario and Mewtwo - Males
Jigliypuff & Ivysuar - Females

And Pichu doesn't exist. What's a Pichu?:troll:

D

Deleted member

This is what I feel:
Pikachu, Charizard, Squirtle, Lucario and Mewtwo - Males
Jigliypuff & Ivysuar - Females

And Pichu doesn't exist. What's a Pichu?:troll:
I remember worrying that they might change Mewtwo's voice to female...which I'm glad they did not.
As for Ivysaur, I don't really care what gender it is, I just want it back. :(

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Last edited:
Top Bottom