• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ITT: The best thing since sliced bread (Update: Added video tutorial to the OP).

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Falcons Dair>Footstool combo's.

Thanks to Red-Blue for testing everything with me. <3

These combo's make use of the SH immediate Dair, so falcon doesnt endure the Dairs landing lag.

They work when the opponent has 65+ percent damage on most characters (on bowser, for example, it works from around 53% damage. More testing on different characters is needed, but 65 is the avarage it seems.).

This means..****.

Check it out:

The beast combo: When you unleash it..yeah. ****.
Dair>Footstool>Dair>footstool>Dair>sweet knee
See. This is the beast combo. Making Dair a kill move when the opponent is at around 65% damage.
You will have to endure the lag of The second, third (and fourth, if used) Dair, but can use the Dairs ending lag IASA frames to jump up in time and footstool the opponent again. And then end it with a sweet knee for the KO.

The 'yeah I just did that to you' combo: Because you just did that to him/her.
Dair>footstool>aerial falcon kick.
DK for example can be Dair>grounded footstool'd at around 49%, setting up for this combo.
but dont count on that to happen, as the opponent will not be grounded footstooled after your Dair 95% of the time.

Quite accurate data:
46-48 is GFS, 49 is both(dependant on DI and/or timing) and 50+ is aerial footstool.

Even when they are not grounded Footstooled, this combo works, only it does less damage, as the shockwave hitbox wont connect, too.

The Red-Blue combo: because Red-Blue is the bhowss.
Dair>footstool>Dair>aerial falcon kick combo.
More awesome/degrading variation on the 'yeah I just did that to you' combo.

The 'for show' combo: because you had to jump on their head.
Dair>footstool>sweet knee
You could just Dair>sweet knee anyway, but yeah, footstool makes this flashy and cool and-
*scatches combo*but I still like it.

The Tiger combo: Rawr.
Dair>footstool>first hit Nair
this sets up for:
first hit Nair>jab(>jab)>grab
and on floaties:
fist hit nair>SH sweet knee/Dsmash/up b.
Especially on floaties, this combo *****.
On non-floaties this combo sets up for follow ups after the throw of your choice. (As, jab>jab>grab is probably the best ending for this combo on non-floaties.)

Dair>footstool>Bair/Uair/Ftilt lock doesnt work, unfortunatly.

Yes, combo's dont make falcon in brawl. But making that Dair you get on your opponent do even more damage than before, is always nice to keep in mind.
situational, but still, another trick up falcons short sleeve.

Here is a video tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUpm7gDOQOM

And yes, I like the music I put under the vid.

Zeallyx

Lol.

Nice find I guess.

Tourney viable?
Depends on how good you are at getting Dairs off. (dependant on the opponents chars size etc, too.)
Getting a Dair off at said percent can happen in a tournament match, making it tourny viable.

But not something to rely on. (you cant rely on anything when you play as falcon, so that didnt change.).

Like I said, just another trick up falcons short sleeve;).

Waza

Smash Apprentice
This sounds awesome! :flame: I'm going to go try these out for myself, but would you happen to have any vids up of these working?

Zeallyx

This sounds awesome! :flame: I'm going to go try these out for myself, but would you happen to have any vids up of these working?
Not yet, but I will probably get one up wednesday evening/thursday:).

And thats the first time I saw anyone use that 'flame' smiley, lol. gg:).

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Depends on how good you are at getting Dairs off. (dependant on the opponents chars size etc, too.)
Getting a Dair off at said percent can happen in a tournament match, making it tourny viable.

But not something to rely on. (you cant rely on anything when you play as falcon, so that didnt change.).

Like I said, just another trick up falcons short sleeve;).
Everything is a risk. We need transitions from ground to air, and offensive to defensive. Then, this will be even more viable. And falcon needs viability.

Player-3

Smash Hero
i never use AC dair

so this is good for people who like to use it, i just dont like it, i use ARIAL dair all the time though

i never ever had landed a dair > knee in my life

lol

nice find though guys <3

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Can you end it with a Paunch? I remember seeing something with a FP out of a bair lock, and since (iirc) you can't tech an aerial footstool, maybe the same is possible?

:059:

kamimari36

Smash Apprentice
Lol. Best thread yet.
You need to change it though.
I would prefer-
The 'for show' combo: because you had to jump on their head. Dair>footstool>sweet knee>Dtaunt.
That should always finish off your combo.

Waza

Smash Apprentice

And thats the first time I saw anyone use that 'flame' smiley, lol. gg:).
haha, there are plenty of great smileys to use, but falcon needed one burning with awesomeness, so i used that one. :chuckle:

Lol. Best thread yet.
The 'for show' combo: because you had to jump on their head. Dair>footstool>sweet knee>Dtaunt.
That should always finish off your combo.
one word: :falcon: jyes!

Iwan

Smash Ace
Good stuff. So these are 100% inescapable if you dair them at the right damage percent?
yep.

The main reason is because Dair, at high enough percents, puts your opponent in tons of hitstun (IN BRAWL? ZOMGDOOD NO WAI).

That's why Dair OoS>>>Knee works everytime all the time at high enough percents.

Good thread TKONTK :)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Um someone needs to start doing this in tourneys because it's a bigger deal than is being given credit in this thread. Dair = stock at 65%, pretty much?

EDIT: This works at 40% on Metaknight and kills him when not in the center of FD. Can I get an lol?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
On MK this works at 34% if you hit them straight on and make no mistakes. It also can kill if you hit them just left or right of center on FD and DI probably won't save them.

Wow.

EDIT: I have a replay of this (dair->fs->dair->knee) being done on Meta from 40% if anyone is interested in it. Send me a PM for my FC (with yours). Also it isn't done as gracefully as I've done it but I'm camera shy, what can I say, baby?

Zeallyx

Can you end it with a Paunch? I remember seeing something with a FP out of a bair lock, and since (iirc) you can't tech an aerial footstool, maybe the same is possible?

:059:
Like mentioned in the Opening Post, Dair>footstool>Uair/Bair/Ftilt lock does not work, unfortunatly.

haha, there are plenty of great smileys to use, but falcon needed one burning with awesomeness, so i used that one. :chuckle:
lol true that XD

Wowwww Falcon could move up with this.
Makes me want to use him, that's almost like Melee Falcon
I cant help but sense a little sarcasm snakeee:(, but if you didnt mean it that way, thanks:) I hope you are right.

Um someone needs to start doing this in tourneys because it's a bigger deal than is being given credit in this thread. Dair = stock at 65%, pretty much?

EDIT: This works at 40% on Metaknight and kills him when not in the center of FD. Can I get an lol?
an lol :bee: (not meant to offend you Supermodel From Paris, its just a (lame) joke attempt.).
but in all seriousness, thanks for helping me and Red-Blue test this. I hope this can contribute to falcons metagame in a way he might become a little better;)

someone vid nao plz
A vid will be up wednesday evening/thursday:).

On MK this works at 34% if you hit them straight on and make no mistakes. It also can kill if you hit them just left or right of center on FD and DI probably won't save them.

Wow.

EDIT: I have a replay of this (dair->fs->dair->knee) being done on Meta from 40% if anyone is interested in it. Send me a PM for my FC (with yours). Also it isn't done as gracefully as I've done it but I'm camera shy, what can I say, baby?
Again, thanks for your part in testing/working on making this more useful:).

hmmm I wonder if some grab release stuff could add more damage onto these.
We will try to maximize the damage/combo's this can give birth.;) Just give us a little more time;).

Smash Apprentice
If one can pull this off consistently it's pretty good I guess, tho you won't land Dair that often.

Zeallyx

If one can pull this off consistently it's pretty good I guess, tho you won't land Dair that often.
Falcon does not have reliable moves. And making one of his unreliable moves better when you actually get it off, that is only positive.

Dairs are hard to land, but they do happen quite often. Once every 2 games approx.
Its not like the Dair is like the FP, wich is considered hard to land.

Dair is one of falcons moves used in his current metagame. Its bound to succeed.

I get one off almost every game.
As it sets up for kill moves nicely, I keep it in mind at all times to punish an opening/missed attack/opponents lag frames, and with the combo's in the opening post of this thread, it can serve said purpose (setting up for kill moves) even better/sooner.

:falcon: - I <3 Dair.
Listen to falcon guysz.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Snakeee wasn't being sarcastic, I linked him this thread on AIM last night and he seemed pretty excited about it.

an lol (not meant to offend you Supermodel From Paris, its just a (lame) joke attempt.).
but in all seriousness, thanks for helping me and Red-Blue test this. I hope this can contribute to falcons metagame in a way he might become a little better
And you're welcome. :p

LuLLo

Smash Ace
Wow this looks nice :)
Also, maybe it's just me, but I've tried MANY times in training mode to land the Dair > Knee, but the lvl 9 computers keep on dodging my Knee (I know I'm doing it the right way) and have tried it on various percentages too, but it just keeps on failing...why?

Winnar

Smash Lord
So...I'm having a hard time visualizing this.

It sounds good, but the problem (if I'm imagining this right) is that you have to basically do the first d-air with no horizontal movement? Most of the d-airs I get off are running short hop d-airs.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Iwan mentioned something about D-airs OoS.

people generally don't miss OoS.

Sweet bread.

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
So, I took a nice skim through this thread, and saw some of the comments. People feel good about this.

If this becomes a variable as to whether falcon will win or not, then we need to get the most out of this.

You said it works at around 65%? Well, we need sure fire ways to get the opponent to 65% and an easy transition from what we were doing before, and to this. That way, the metagame can be a bit more grounded.

Zeallyx

Snakeee wasn't being sarcastic, I linked him this thread on AIM last night and he seemed pretty excited about it.

And you're welcome. :p
Alright:) I'm glad snakee approves of this:).

And@SFP:
:D

So...I'm having a hard time visualizing this.

It sounds good, but the problem (if I'm imagining this right) is that you have to basically do the first d-air with no horizontal movement? Most of the d-airs I get off are running short hop d-airs.
One can SH Dair while running and then DI in the direction you came running from to make you land almost on the spot where you hit the opponent upwards. setting up for a footstool nicely.:)

So, I took a nice skim through this thread, and saw some of the comments. People feel good about this.

If this becomes a variable as to whether falcon will win or not, then we need to get the most out of this.

You said it works at around 65%? Well, we need sure fire ways to get the opponent to 65% and an easy transition from what we were doing before, and to this. That way, the metagame can be a bit more grounded.
Yes, you are right.
I will leave a message on your profile (darx) and on the profile of SFP. (And I will talk about this with Red-Blue on msn.).
So we can discuss how we can get the best out of this. (mix in grab releases, possible moves where this follows up from, etc.).

Winnar

Smash Lord
Hm...I suppose this is true, but generally for d-airs I try to get as far away from them as possible as quickly as possible in case I missed.

The only other situation I tend to use d-air in is from a jab occasionally (mindgamez lolol) or out of shield to try to punish certain things.

I suppose it could be pretty useful if it works as you say it does :o

I still need the video to visualize it properly, because I don't have enough time to hook up my wii to test it out (FINALS WEEK GAAAAAAAAAAAH)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
IMO lagless dair->footstool OOS is very scary and makes applying shield pressure to Falcon very dangerous at low percents. Knee I sent you a PM with a few ideas and my AIM.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Iwan mentioned something about D-airs OoS.

people generally don't miss OoS.

Sweet bread.
Generally no, but d-air's hitbox is pretty narrow. It's situational, but it has a lower % of success than say...a jab OoS.

Ree301

Smash Apprentice
too much effort but k

all u need is luck

With Falcon mains used to having so little margin of error, we'll have this string of (OoS) Dair combos to a science before you can say "moves." I look forward to seeing the video because I myself can't quite visualize this just yet either.

Top Bottom