• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's so frustrating being the only person in the house to be experienced with compute

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Link to original post: [drupal=5308]It's so frustrating being the only person in the house to be experienced with computers/internet[/drupal]

Like, seriously. Every time my mother needs to do anything, I'm required to be her slave the entire time figuring things out. Something not going her way? She has to come crying to me and yelling at me as if it's my fault. Is her computer acting up? Let's go ask Gw-mothertrucking-Jumpman for the solution since it's his bloody fault anyway.

"Oh hey son, I'm starting a business. I'm gonna build a website for it."

"That's great mom, how's it going so far?"

"Terrible. I can barely open my bloody emails let alone make a website. Can you help me?"

"No. I don't know how to make a website."

"What a useless, selfish son you are. Here, let me make you feel guilty by reminding you that I'm paying for your college tuition."

>:[

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
I know the feeling but for something different then computers because I am absolutely terrible with computers...^^"

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Jesus ****ing..................ugh. ****.

I know this feel, Gw. I'm just like you when it comes to that.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Welcome to guilt tripping, later on other women will acquire this skill as well, particularly girlfriends and wives.

Though none can do it as ridiculous as your mother.

KoopaTroopa895

Smash Apprentice
My dad asked me to do the same thing, and then told me "your on your computer all the ****ing time how do you not know how" XD I just watch youtube videos, being in front of your computer for an hour a day and knowing how to start an antivirus program makes you automatically geek squad level =P

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah the whole "you use the computer all the time so you should be able to do every single thing with it even if it is irrelevant to your interests/needs" shtick is kind of annoying.

The funniest is when they bring up how some snot nose teenager who has the ability to defrag a computer and burn some **** to disk is some sort of computer whiz, and implying that they are so above your level of expertise.

Okay.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
It's one thing for her to be upset over the fact she doesn't know how to create a website, but to call you "selfish" because you don't know how to create a website yourself? That's just infuriating.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
I know that feel, but you need to stand up for yourself and tell her NO. Have confidence in yourself and know that if shes gonna use your time she better damn pay you for it if shes being a *****.

If shes tries the whole, "WELL I PAY UR BILLS AND U SHOULD DO AS I SAY HUUR DUR" call her out on the black mail, get yo angry on then dont talk to her.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Sounds like a slap in the face waiting to happen when it comes to your advice, dark.

No offense, lol. I don't think that is how you treat mothers who has raised you well in past number of years.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I agree with Vinyl.; you can call her out, but you should also be gentle when doing so, since - as your mother - she should still be treated with respect.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Sounds like a slap in the face waiting to happen when it comes to your advice, dark.

No offense, lol. I don't think that is how you treat mothers who has raised you well in past number of years.
There comes a time when the child needs to take on his parents and rebel. Your thinking too passive aggressively. This will not help the OP, this will only sugar coat the situation and tomorrow the same stuff happens all over again. There are times in your life when you need to seriously sit down and confront your parents about how they interact with you directly.

You probably do not understand how I know all to well what the OP is going through. Though I am assuming he feels similar to how I feel. If I'm wrong, I apologize in advice.

I'm going through some emotional nonsense from my own mother personality at this time and whilst I'm trying to get my life together to take the next step, she seems to be the one dragging me down with some intentional E/N some non-intentional E/N.

I have tried this passive aggressive stuff all my life, Vinyl. With my mother, this does not work. Lately I've had to really put my foot down on issues pretaining to her attitude towards me. I'm not a child, I'm an adult and she needs to understand that. My folks are one of those types who just can't think beyond the fact, 'That well, she/he is my baby.' Some parents, the child needs to learn to SLAP THEM back and remind them they're mature people too who are cable of making self conscious decisions in life and need to be treated with a better level of decency.

I hear what your saying about respect Sol Diviner, I understand this concept and do respect mine. However, my patients has its limits. As I'm sure folks in my situation feel the same. There comes a time where hurtful things do need to be said because your feeling angry for being taken advantage of financially or just wasting time with stupid rift raft the OP mentioned with the computer. My mother has called ME downstairs on her cell phone because she ****ing can't turn the TV on. -_-

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
I'm not a child Dark. I turn 20 years old in a few months. I have enough respect for people not to yell and scream the same way she did to me. I simply walk away when it gets too frustrating.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
I'm not a child Dark. I turn 20 years old in a few months. I have enough respect for people not to yell and scream the same way she did to me. I simply walk away when it gets too frustrating.
What he's saying applies to everyone, essentially.

If someone isn't going to listen to you unless you yell at them//do something similar, then you're going to have too.

He just kinda assumed that you were in a situation like this already, which was I guess where he went wrong.

Pachinkosam

I have no friends, Im dead inside
I know that feel, but you need to stand up for yourself and tell her NO. Have confidence in yourself and know that if shes gonna use your time she better damn pay you for it if shes being a *****.

If shes tries the whole, "WELL I PAY UR BILLS AND U SHOULD DO AS I SAY HUUR DUR" call her out on the black mail, get yo angry on then dont talk to her.
She gave you birth and thats how you repay her.

Tricky Shadowe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FelixMackenzie
Just curious, has your mother, or anyone, done anything so horrible to you that you must treat them that way? Or do you thing that being impatient and rude is the way to go?

Top Bottom