• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's an Event in of itself.

HeltXL

Smash Apprentice
This is a great update. The fact that there are multiple difficulties for each event will make me finish each event on all difficulties. Maybe you'll get some sort of unlock for that?

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am curious though about something Sakurai said:

Enjoy Smash’s chance meetings between a variety of characters!

Is this openly hinting about how some characters will be unlocked?
Oh, no.

While that will most likely be a way of unlocking characters, i don't think that this part hints at that. Like, at all.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
King K. Rool deconfirmd?

Krystal Confirmed (again)?
Um...how? No sound logic proves either case. :ohwell:

With the way you guys complain, I'd rather Sakurai give you death.
lawlz. With a z.

Interesting to see Dedede confirmed as a starter. Suffice it to say that we have only been shown starting characters thus far--not including Snake and Sonic, mind. This should leave no doubt about the newcomers' status in regard to the roster, then.

Oh, and @Misto: the phrase is "in and of itself." Just so you know. ;)

thefindingmoon

Smash Cadet
i dont know if this has been said before but I kind of wonder how we are going to unlock characters,,,Im sure there will be different ways but if you could just unlock them by following the story line and having to fight them,,kind of like on Kirby for the N64,,it would be pretty cool

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Out of the first four events, the three that we know of involve newcomers, and the Starfox event is right in the middle. Could this mean that a newcomer is involved in the second event that hasn't been revealed yet (you know who I speak of)?

Pieman0920

Smash Master
There will probably be multiple ways to get each character, just like last time. There's no real way to say as of yet though. Probably some of them will be close to or the same as ways characters were unlocked last time.

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
strange that Suakurai didn't use links other costume dark link from TP.
uhmmm...i think he already did ...well.. in the change color update yes..oh wait u meant y didnt he use that model for the even since we have it to change colors in the first place?

what i mean is it's nice to have daisy.....as most of us now she is a tomboy
and there isn't any tomboys in brawl and having her owe fighting style.......
and isn't it fun to see daisy smashing samus and zelda?
well if that's the case....then u should support Kumatora from MOTHER 3 for Brawl (^^)v

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
I guess this confirms Dedede as a starter....maybe Meta Knight too......

oh well.....I think they shouldve been unlockable but w/e...

anyway it seems that my favorite is the Dark Link battle......Pit's Event Match is kinda interesting....
yeah dedede should have been unlockable. i like the meta vs kirby event the best so far

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
its really interesting as to how some events actually make the stage a key element now XD (destroy platforms, dont let this person on this part of the stage etc.)

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Well, the most surprising part for me was seeing Dedede in the first event... but Bowser and Dedede make such a badass team. XD

Anyways, I loved the events in melee, so it's good to see they're back and better than ever.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
What makes you assume that the second event has to do with anything at all? Sakauri does the skipping sections all the time with other updates, look at the special moves for most of the characters that have them announced, he rarely seem to announce everything you see.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
I kind of miss the old stock counters with the character faces...

Now all we get are little dots.

Oh and ironically I remembered yesterday that we still haven't got the event mode update yet... and here we are.

lilparadise

Smash Apprentice
But how do we know that the characters anounced will be playable when you begin the game?

(Just thinking of beginning the game makes me very happy)

DeDeDe on teams with Bowser vs. Mario? That has Sakarai's fault writen all over it.

(Kirby rep in the first eventmatch that changed the Bowser vs Mario event match from Melee)

darkhamsterlord

Smash Apprentice
Not reading all of these, so sorry if this was already mentioned.

"Having a buddy doesn't change thier natures" OBVIOUSLY means Bowser and Dedede are the buddies. HOW CAN ANYONE THINK THIS CONFIRMS LUIGI (or means Kirby will join you) I mean, look at the screenshot. Mario and Bower and Dedede. Do you see a Luigi or Kirby face down there? I THINK NOT!

Also, it'd be hilarious if there was an event where you play as Mario against Sonic and it was like "He thinks he can compete with MARIO!? Kick that stupid Sega character's butt!" (Note: I actually like Sonic about the same as Mario, I just think it would be hilarious if they had an event like that in there, since it's a Nintendo game, and Sonic was thier biggest competitor back then)

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
the matches have potential to be really good and well thought out this time around.
not to say that they weren't good the first time...

any thought on unlockables for these matches?

Ytoabn08

Smash Cadet
the matches have potential to be really good and well thought out this time around.
not to say that they weren't good the first time...

any thought on unlockables for these matches?

Why should it change from what it was last time? Trophies and occasionally the chance to earn a new character. Also, unlocking some game modes.

For new stuff, it could unlock stickers. I'd also love if you had to unlock some assist trophies to use them.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Not reading all of these, so sorry if this was already mentioned.

"Having a buddy doesn't change thier natures" OBVIOUSLY means Bowser and Dedede are the buddies. HOW CAN ANYONE THINK THIS CONFIRMS LUIGI (or means Kirby will join you) I mean, look at the screenshot. Mario and Bower and Dedede. Do you see a Luigi or Kirby face down there? I THINK NOT!

Also, it'd be hilarious if there was an event where you play as Mario against Sonic and it was like "He thinks he can compete with MARIO!? Kick that stupid Sega character's butt!" (Note: I actually like Sonic about the same as Mario, I just think it would be hilarious if they had an event like that in there, since it's a Nintendo game, and Sonic was thier biggest competitor back then)
Yeah, you're right.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
can someone zoom in on the second event match picture. i want to see why there not showing it
It's the Landmaster.

As far as I can tell, no characters are in the picture. It may have been excluded because of falco/krystal or it may have been excluded for no particular reason.

AniMaL 214

Smash Journeyman
imo def deconfims king k rool number 1 never had much of a chance nyway and number 2 sakurai would of worded the event diffrently if he was he implies those r the only 2 kings

Top Bottom