• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's an Event in of itself.

LordNannyKnuckles

Smash Rookie
fanewgie w.e the *** ur name is ur a ****** sakurai is only releasing the starters 2 us ntill about a week b4 the release or after the release of brawl. Therefore DeDeDe starter and the fact that he is in the first invent does indeed make him a starter its not guessing or making assumptions its logic and guy 1 above me u say just like melee update well how would u of felt if event mode wasnt in brawl, even if u wouldnt care many would including me, so its nice 2 know they brought it bak with improvements.
...I'm sorry, could you repeat that in English?

edde

Smash Ace
NNID
edmichu
hope you unlock anything for beatiung hard levels because whenever i get bored ill find time to do them all hard leveled (5 months from now -.-)

Gargomon251

Smash Journeyman
The fact that they are numbered, showing #1 to be the one with Dedede.

And they never reordered them in Melee. They always stayed as the same number. Unless you mean unlock.
I don't mean IN THE GAME, I mean PRIOR TO LAUNCH.

They all look great except the Yoshi one seems kind of stupid.
For Trouble Kings, Kirby should be added. It makes sense, it also refers to SSE.
Kirby is a king of nothing.

As i thought the events are are already finished......
*sigh*.......so there won't be any newcomers.....and i wanted Daisy to be in brawl:urg:
How do you know there won't be any newcomers? And Daisy has about as much chance as Waluigi or Pauline does. No thanks.
EDIT 1, AS I'M SURE I'LL EDIT MORE:
The lack of a mention of the Starfox update IN NO WAY confirms ANYONE. Look at the size of the post: It's already about twice as big as a normal update. They wouldn't want it to knock all the others off the page, would they? They just chose to not mention one, and they chose Starfox. Plus, it's almost definitely mindgames if that's not the reason. ****ing sakurai...
QFT
Why does Mario still have the Wario costume? :laugh:
That bothers me too...I hope they still change that.
Event # 2
Fox's landmaster vs Falco's landmaster
Why would Falco have a Landmaster too? That would be boring.
Im surprized Events returned. I thought the story mode would replace them.
If anything, SSE replaces Adventure. I never doubted Event mode would be in.

Not reading all of these, so sorry if this was already mentioned.

"Having a buddy doesn't change thier natures" OBVIOUSLY means Bowser and Dedede are the buddies. HOW CAN ANYONE THINK THIS CONFIRMS LUIGI (or means Kirby will join you) I mean, look at the screenshot. Mario and Bower and Dedede. Do you see a Luigi or Kirby face down there? I THINK NOT!
I found this obvious from the get-go
omg! you have to escape from hank trying to sell you propane
O_o

There was a Trouble king 2 in melee. I wouldent call King K. deconfirmed yet.
Nor would I call him confirmed.

if Mickey's in I am maining him :p
if Mickey's in I am maiMing him :p

Like Sakurai would do that. What would be the point of showing us one thing and then switching it all around? They're already numbered. Why can't people here just accept the evidence instead of challenging every little thing?
MINDGAMES, MAH BOIII

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Yea, but if the real problem was the length of the post, why did they take the time to go into some that weren't even on the screen, rather than one that was?

Sockpuppet

Smash Cadet

Has anyone else noticed there are FLUDD parts on the platforms? The screws in the middle and
the Turbo Nozzle propellors at the sides.

Also, the lighthouse and cannon to Pinna Park appear to be gone =(

Xarias

Smash Journeyman

Has anyone else noticed there are FLUDD parts on the platforms? The screws in the middle and

I think that's just the design of the platforms, to match the level. Its a nice touch that I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it. Cool.

If those things are gone, its kind of a shame, but its still a great level.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Anyone think of this for the Final Event Match?
You vs. Giga Bowser, Wario-Man, and some other final smash Transformation.
Gawd that would be awesome.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
*expects a Mario vs Sonic event*

And you better have the option of selecting one or the other. :O
ALSO!...expect Mario and Sonic together on Subspace Emissary. If you go to the Dojo and look at the videos on the Sonic page, one of them will have about 2 second of Mario and Sonic on a side scrolling stage during SE.
But anyway, yeah an Event with Mario vs Sonic is likely to be in there.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master

I think that's funny, because they left the random platform in the middle of the ocean and the hole behind the prison cell. Now that I think about it, they took out most of the things that get you to other levels, including the pipe to Sirena Beach. Huh!

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman

the lighthouse could very well be outside the image. I have sunshine and it's possible that the 'photo' didn't reach that side of the stage.
We already know the lighthouse is there from gameplay footage. Why would they take it away for an Event? It'd be pointless.
Why would they put the cannon if we don't use it? It's weird though, yes. they could make it an exact clone or something, but when you think about it, you'll probably won't be fighting on that corner of the Plaza, so the detail there could be less cared for.

HourglassMemory

Smash Journeyman
Who knows what the landmaster event could be? (I'll take a guess at it)

Fox: In a Landmaster
VS
Wolf: In a Wolfen
Or maybe shooting krystal because she got involved with wolf in the dinosaur planet...
No it's obviously something more casual and Game'ish than that...
Beats me what it could be...

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman

I don't Know if anyones seen thise but do you see the pencil between the X button and the word "nam" which im guessing is name. That pencil I think means editing. This could mean two things:
1)You can change the name of the events (which sounds stupid) or,
2)You can make custom events and then name them.
obvisoly I'm hoping for the secound, as now even if the Stage Creator (which of course makes this abilty so much cooler) did not make us able to play this amazing game forever, this deffenitly does.:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Then agian I could be wrong about the edit pencil.:urg:
Or maybe the most logical....
you can just see all the events by name instead of picture, how melee was done. So you can pick your favorite one faster or so you dont want to spoil the surprise of the event by seeing the picture

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Or maybe the most logical....
you can just see all the events by name instead of picture, how melee was done. So you can pick your favorite one faster or so you dont want to spoil the surprise of the event by seeing the picture
Or maybe you can load your name that you have on memory! Jeez, it's not that hard. (Unless you were joking).

Sockpuppet

Smash Cadet
the lighthouse could very well be outside the image. I have sunshine and it's possible that the 'photo' didn't reach that side of the stage.
We already know the lighthouse is there from gameplay footage. Why would they take it away for an Event? It'd be pointless.
Why would they put the cannon if we don't use it? It's weird though, yes. they could make it an exact clone or something, but when you think about it, you'll probably won't be fighting on that corner of the Plaza, so the detail there could be less cared for.
Ok, sorry. I didn't think the lighthouse was there. You can kinda see where it should be, but you can't actually see it... but now that i look again, there's a bit of white peeking out under the bell, which i guess could be the lighthouse.
And all other Sunshine level entrances are gone except the boathouse to Ricco Harbour... They should've left them there, for detail.
And I wasn't saying they changed the level just for the event. That would be pointless, like you said. I was talking about the level itself.

Nj Hudz

Smash Apprentice
i hope these events are funner than the ones in melee (which were amazingly boring)

Blu-ninja

Smash Journeyman
hopefully the events are MUCH more original this time around..

(and not just STRENUOS tasks...)

LOL@ animal cruelty advertisement showing after gargomon's post.

:)

Blue X

Smash Cadet
I was extremely excited to see that the Events mode was reconfirmed, even if it did have high chance of returning. I'm curious about how many there will be this time and how we'll unlock more event matches, what with the different story lines in SSE.

lex.aut

Smash Apprentice
i hope they're more creative than in melee...
i don't want to see something like "falco and captain falcon join forces to take out fox!" again... i always hated those "you have to win vs 3 cpus! nothing special!" missions.

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
This is another feature I'm glade is back i enjoyed the event stages ad the co-op idea is good to because it makes the event different how much different we'll have to see but it's a nice little twist on it.

Top Bottom