• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Zevox

Smash Lord
What else could it be anyways?
A third-party series (Mega Man, Bomberman, etc).
A Japan-only series (Takamaru's, Sukapon's, Lip's, etc).
A WTF?! series (unpredictable by definition).

There are a lot of other things it could be, to be honest. Lets just hope it isn't something else.

Zevox

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Did either of those characters even get as requested as much as Isaac?

Well, just saying, Advance Wars is a fairly big franchise.

But the race for the spot doesn't exclude a franchise, as proven by Pikmin NOT taking that spot. If AW gets #19, Custom Robo could get #23 and Golden Sun #24.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, just saying, Advance Wars is a fairly big franchise.

But the race for the spot doesn't exclude a franchise, as proven by Pikmin NOT taking that spot. If AW gets #19, Custom Robo could get #23 and Golden Sun #24.
You speak the truth.

Everyone really thought that Olimar would get #19. So really, we have no clue how many more franchises there are in Brawl right now. We just know that there is at least one.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
You are right, but ultimately it all depends on how many slots this game will have. I highly doubt the Dojo will reveal a new icon (who knows, maybe they will), as the game comes out in about 11-12 days, but we'll see.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
How do we even know that Advance Wars even will get a symbol?

Even though it's quite obvious they'd get a wrench.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
You speak the truth.

Everyone really thought that Olimar would get #19. So really, we have no clue how many more franchises there are in Brawl right now. We just know that there is at least one.
Well two if you count game and watch :p

Love the new Isaac sig btw.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
That's the thing - we don't know anything on who else will get a symbol. All we can do is speculate. The only problem with the Advanced Wars games is that there is no 'Marth' in that series. The closest thing to him is Andy, but...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
You are right, but ultimately it all depends on how many slots this game will have. I highly doubt the Dojo will reveal a new icon (who knows, maybe they will), as the game comes out in about 11-12 days, but we'll see.
I'm thinking if another newcomer is revealed it will be one with another icon, but I very much doubt it would be Isaac, whether he's in or not.

Well two if you count game and watch :p

Love the new Isaac sig btw.
Thanks... It's just something I threw together saying "I support Isaac until the end!" (and afterwards if all goes well!)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It doesn't matter what SamuraiPanda says on this, Isaac is not a shoe-in character no matters which way you look at it. Unfortunately.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Any listeners of Show Me Your News here? 'Cause SamuraiPanda put Isaac in his "shoe-in" section for the roster.
While an interesting factoid, I'm afraid that unless our friendly neighborhood Panda mod has inside info hes not revealing, his opinions on the matter mean no more than those of anyone else. Which is to say near nil.

Zevox

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Respect for Panda went up a tad.

Speaking of GS in the news, I threw in a reference in the Smash Bag the other day :). Sneaky old me.

Spellweaver

Smash Cadet
Golden Sun is my favourite Hand Held Game, Favourite Game Boy Game, and yes - Favourite RPG. I loved, this series. I hope that Isaac is in. It's one of the few characters that people forget when making rosters and it makes me sad everytime I read one without him in it. Of course, I cheer when he is.

I so hope he is in SSBB! Isaac <3

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
My first attempt at a moveset for anyone, so be gentle. D:

A - Sword jab.
A+A - Sword jab + slash.
A+A+A - Sword jab + slash + uppercut.
Dash+A - Cleave (Isaac runs and swings his sword downward).
A+f tilt - Strong sword slash.
A+u tilt - Upward thrust (Think Marth/Roy's smash^ except weaker...and no fire...).
A+d tilt - Sword swipe (He swipes the ground, tripping his opponent).

Nair - Sex kick.
Fair - Skull splitter - Looks like DK's fair (arms out, legs spread), except he uses his sword obviously. Smashes foes downward like Mario's fair.
Dair - Planet Driver - Similar to Link's dair except you can't bounce off them, Isaac's sword glows redish.
Uair - Upward thrust - again, like Link's uair.
Bair - Blind swipe - Isaac swipes behind him.

Fsmash - Force - Isaac pushes his opponent away with a psyenergy blast.
Dsmash - Quake Sphere - Isaac motions at the ground and a brown sphere is shown, after a few seconds it shoots a beam straight up, anyone caught in this gets carried upwards.
Usmash - Wild Growth - Send the foe upward with plants.

-Note- Isaac also has the ability to 'Hover', just like Peach. When he does this he is covered in a light blue aura.

Grab+A - Rockfall - Holds the foe with one hand and with the other summons stones on him/her.
Grab+Forward - Push - A giant hand pushes the foe away.
Grab+Backward - Rockslide - Isaac throws the foe backwards and summons stones to fall on the foe.
Grab+Down - Stone Spire - Isaac throws the foe to the ground and summons stone spires to dig into them.
Grab+Up - Venus uppercut - With the power of the earth emitting from his sword (so think rocks/dirt) Isaac sends the foe upward with an uppercut.

B - Cure - The longer you hold it the more damage you heal, has start up and ending lag. Recovers 1% every 2 seconds.
^B - Teleport - Using the Teleport Lapis Isaac teleports, a little bit shorter then Zelda's ^B. You control it just as you did Sheik's ^B.
vB - Mother Gaia - Isaac puts his hands up and a small area around him shakes and rocks rise up.
>B - Saber Dance - Isaac summons 3 spinning sabers to attack his enemies, you have control over these simalir to Link's boomerang, if they are reasonably close to the foe they will attack. (He should get a projectile, right?)

Final Smash ideas:

1. Megiddo (Isaac would of course be weilding the Sol Blade) Isaac jumps in the air as a huge fire-engulfed meteor falls near him, he strikes it downward onto the battlefield, if characters are hit with it they get either alot of damage OR knocked back alot, maybe both, it is a FS...

2. Judgement - Isaac summons the god of judgement, http://youtube.com/watch?v=VMFb4Yr-bpE <- That dude. He appears in the background and causes the whole stage to start shaking uncontrollably, everytime a foe hits the ground they get sent right back up and take damage (think like when fire or acid hits you at Metroid levels), so Kirby and Peach can avoid this well.

3. Odyssey - http://youtube.com/watch?v=PfBlwIiirW4 <-- Exactly that, works just like Link's FS.

Taunt 1 - Isaac floats in place, holding the Teleport Lapis in his hand, he is covered in a light blue aura.

Taunt 2 - A Venus Djiin lands on Isaac's head, he laughs it flies away.

Taunt 3 - A serious fighting stance, Isaac holds his sword outwards.
---
I tried to fit as many actual attacks from the game as I could. Well? :confused:

zagman505

Smash Cadet
hm. not bad, but could definitely use some revising i think.

instead of ragnarok for dair, how about planet diver or planetary? it's about the same effect, except in planet diver, i'm pretty sure isaac actually jumps with the attack, instead of just calling down a big sword. or even better, have meggido be the dair.

not so sure about this one, but it's just an idea i had. instead of what you have for dsmash, how about quake sphere? it would have basically the same effect, just that it'd be a psynergy.

i don't think that isaac should be able to hover like peach, maybe a floaty jump though like ness?

also, i definitely think that including potent cure could end up way too broken >_< it's an interesting idea, but i think it just wouldn't be fair to be able to heal yourself at will. yes i realize that having tons of lag will dampen its usefulness, but i think it would be better to simply stick with an offensive move. instead of potent cure, perhaps something like punji? not sure what would fit best here.

as for >B, i definitely think that this should be either ragnarok or odyssey. i would prefer odyssey, since isaac dashes forward to stab the target with odyssey, so it could be used as a horizontal recovery measure as well

i also think that vB, mother gaia, could be charged or something, or maybe increase in power as time passes. so it would start off as like gaia (small rocks), and not cover very much space, but if you keep using it for a while it will grow much larger in range and be more like grand gaia (large boulders).

finally, the FS should definitely be judgment imo. but instead of your judgment effect, i think that judgment should appear above the battlefield (or maybe off in the distance if it's too big), and fire it's cannon thing into the battle field. it hits the battlefield, and explodes, and the blast radius would cover a pretty large portion of the field (maybe about the same range as one of the legendary pokemon or snorlax, or a bit larger). the blast would spread outwards and opponents that get hit will be dragged along with the expanding blast perimeter and take continuous damage, so the closer you are to the center of the blast the more damage you'll take. finally, when the blast has expanded all the way, the opponents that were caught in the blast get sent flying in the direction they got dragged in (which could potentially be in just about any direction). obviously, this could be quite lethal on smaller fields where it would be harder to escape the blast radius.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
hm. not bad, but could definitely use some revising i think.

instead of ragnarok for dair, how about planet diver or planetary? it's about the same effect, except in planet diver, i'm pretty sure isaac actually jumps with the attack, instead of just calling down a big sword. or even better, have meggido be the dair.

Yeah, I'll change it to planet driver. Megiddo needs to have a BIG meteor, and if it wasn't a FS it would lag alot lol.

not so sure about this one, but it's just an idea i had. instead of what you have for dsmash, how about quake sphere? it would have basically the same effect, just that it'd be a psynergy.

Another good idea.

i don't think that isaac should be able to hover like peach, maybe a floaty jump though like ness?

I think hovering makes sense. That's just me though.

also, i definitely think that including potent cure could end up way too broken >_< it's an interesting idea, but i think it just wouldn't be fair to be able to heal yourself at will. yes i realize that having tons of lag will dampen its usefulness, but i think it would be better to simply stick with an offensive move. instead of potent cure, perhaps something like punji? not sure what would fit best here.

I am also going to add to potent cure that it only heals like 1% per every 2 seconds, so even if he has time it won't heal much, that way it wouldn't be a huge recovery, or fast. I changed it to 'Cure' as it won't be that Potent.

as for >B, i definitely think that this should be either ragnarok or odyssey. i would prefer odyssey, since isaac dashes forward to stab the target with odyssey, so it could be used as a horizontal recovery measure as well

I considered Odyssey as his >B but I wanted him to have a projectile.

i also think that vB, mother gaia, could be charged or something, or maybe increase in power as time passes. so it would start off as like gaia (small rocks), and not cover very much space, but if you keep using it for a while it will grow much larger in range and be more like grand gaia (large boulders).

That's what I was thinking, I just didn't go into detail enough I suppose.

finally, the FS should definitely be judgment imo. but instead of your judgment effect, i think that judgment should appear above the battlefield (or maybe off in the distance if it's too big), and fire it's cannon thing into the battle field. it hits the battlefield, and explodes, and the blast radius would cover a pretty large portion of the field (maybe about the same range as one of the legendary pokemon or snorlax, or a bit larger). the blast would spread outwards and opponents that get hit will be dragged along with the expanding blast perimeter and take continuous damage, so the closer you are to the center of the blast the more damage you'll take. finally, when the blast has expanded all the way, the opponents that were caught in the blast get sent flying in the direction they got dragged in (which could potentially be in just about any direction). obviously, this could be quite lethal on smaller fields where it would be harder to escape the blast radius.

Interesting idea.
Thanks for the feedback. You liked the grab/throws?

How do we even know that Advance Wars even will get a symbol?

Even though it's quite obvious they'd get a wrench.
AW series IS roughly as popular as Fire Emblem.

Has had six installments this and last gen (AW, AW2, AWDS, AWDoR, Battalion Wars, and BWii). That's more than F-Zero, Kid Icarus, Ice Climber, Game & Watch, Fire Emblem, Mother, Star Fox, Animal Crossing, and Pikmin. Tied with Metroid, Zelda, and Kirby.

Great reviews, good sales, everyone knows about the franchise, it's a 20 year old franchise, 11 games in total, has had games on the NES, GB SNES, GBC, GBA, GameCube, DS, and Wii. Cancelled N64 game.

That's quite enough notability right there for the AW series.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
From a popularity perspective Nintendo Wars probably does beat Golden Sun but Andy doesn't do any fighting, infact you don't really see him do anything he just directs the armies where as Isaac on the other hand has a plethora of potential moves at his disposal.

Clumber

Smash Cadet
Remember that character decisions aren't entirely based on popularity, so I would say Isaac has a better chance because of his potential awesome-ness.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
If Isaac is playable in Brawl I just wanted to see how close (or far) there moveset was from the one I was thinking of.
Isaac's Moveset

*Some pics are not Isaac but just use your imagination;)
Stance:

Normal Attacks

A: Mid speed continuous slash like Marth’s

Forward Tilt: A force Move hand quickly shoots out

Up Tilt: Up slash (he doesn’t leave the ground)

Down Tilt: Isaac quickly stabs his sword into the ground

Dash A: Isaac jumps slightly off the ground and slashed forward

*All of the smashes are based on Titian Blade
Forward Smash: Isaac shoots out the Titian Blade diagonal forward (kinda like Ragnarok)

Down Smash: Isaac shoots Titian Blade straight down

Up Smash: Isaac shoots the Titian Blade straight up

Aerial A: A slash similar to Marth’s neutral air

Aerial Forward A: A horizontal slash

Aerial Back A: A horizontal slash backwards

Aerial Down A: A horizontal slash downward

Aerial Up A: An upward slash

Grab: - Catch- Uses a psynergy hand to grab

Forward Throw: Throws the enemy forward then blast them with a psynergy force fist

Back Throw: Uses two psynergy hands to throw them back

Up Throw: -Venus Summon
- Throws them up, then uses a Venus Djinn to hit them up more

Down Throw: -Pound- Throws them at the ground them uses Pound on them

*Isaac uses a saving charge system. To charge all he does is hold down anyone of his special attack buttons (it doesn’t matter which) and you save the charge by pressing shield. When he’s charging you see the Psynergy rings
around him and he glows blue. He starts off with no charge and can charge up to 2 extra levels, it takes a second or so to charge a level. When Isaac saves up a level 2 or 3 charge, the next special attack he uses will automatically use the level he had saved and then his charge level will go back to 1.

Psynergy Specials

B: Multi-Elements
No psynergy charge (Level 1) -
Psynergy Seal - Works like Zelda’s Din Fire except was it releases it puts a Psynergy Seal
over the enemies head
which disallows them to use any special (B) attacks for a short while.
Level 2 psynergy charge -
Diamond Berg - A powerful ice attack.

Level 3 psynergy charge -
Supernova - A powerful fire attack.

Up B: Psynergy swords/Recovery (in the air Isaac will always use Ragnarok upwards, ignoring the level charge he has)
No psynergy charge -
Ragnarok - Isaac uses Ragnarok normally. In the air he shoots the sword up diagonally upwards instead of downwards and he rides on it to recover.

Level 2 psynergy charge - Legend - Isaac shoots multiple sword out of a force symbol

Level 3 psynergy charge - Odyssey - Isaac uses Odyssey same way from the game

Down B: Earth(Venus) psynergy
No psynergy charge -
Briar - Sharp vines attack from the ground

Quake Sphere - Works pretty much the same as Venasuar’s Earthquake

Grand Gaia - Rocks blast up from the ground

B: Healing special
No psynergy charge -
Cure - Recovers about 3% (takes about 3 seconds to do, is not spammable)

Cure Well - Recovers about 10% (cures any teammate around near you also by 5%)

Potent Cure - Recovers about 30%

Final Smash: -Judgment-

Clumber

Smash Cadet
I don't really like the cure ones or the psynergy seal one. Also, that seems like a lit of moves for one character to have. The charging idea sounds pretty cool, but it would be better if it was just an improved version of the move for each charge level (quake->earthquake->quakesphere) or whatever. The pictures helped a lot with the visualization, so thanks for taking the time :)

Spellweaver

Smash Cadet
Aha! I didn't triple post. My Internet lies to me. Curse you.

What I said in my original post was:

"Thank you so very much raphtmarqui. The detail and ideas behind both the chargeable moves and regular moves is a unique aspect. No other character can really say that their B-moves change with a different length (they just become more powerful). I also liked the amount of time you put into the visualizations of the the moveset.

Very well put together!"

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
I do think Isaac will be in Brawl, but I can't see his moves being as flashy as they're being made out to be here. He'll be made down and dirty like everyone else, not cinematic. Still, great details here.

From a popularity perspective Nintendo Wars probably does beat Golden Sun but Andy doesn't do any fighting, infact you don't really see him do anything he just directs the armies where as Isaac on the other hand has a plethora of potential moves at his disposal.
B: Missile
Smash B: Stealth Attack
Up B: Anti-Air
Down B: Air Strike
Final Smash: Rail Turtle
Grab: Normal

A moves would be wrench-based.

D

Deleted member

Felix for Brawl!

On topic though, Isaac's moves should be kept to pure Earth moves.

Top Bottom