• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Could you elaborate on the B-moves? Just giving names doesn't help us visualize the moveset.
B = Self-explanatory.
Smash B = Disappears, attacks an enemy in front of him, and reappears behind him or her.
Up B = Fires a missile into the air which does damage to airborne enemies more than grounded enemies.
Down B = Hold down "Down B" to determine how far forward the Air Strike target will go. If you tap, it'll drop on you (no damage done to yourself). Once you let go, a Bomber flies overhead and drops a bomb.
Final Smash = A train roars across whatever platform Andy is on.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
If Isaac is playable in Brawl I just wanted to see how close (or far) their moveset was from the one I was thinking of.
Isaac's Moveset

*Some pics are not Isaac but just use your imagination;)
Stance:

Normal Attacks

A: Mid speed continuous slash like Marth’s

Forward Tilt: A force Move hand quickly shoots out

Up Tilt: Up slash (he doesn’t leave the ground)

Down Tilt: Isaac quickly stabs his sword into the ground

Dash A: Isaac jumps slightly off the ground and slashed forward

*All of the smashes are based on Titian Blade
Forward Smash: Isaac shoots out the Titian Blade diagonal forward (kinda like Ragnarok)

Down Smash: Isaac shoots Titian Blade straight down

Up Smash: Isaac shoots the Titian Blade straight up

Aerial A: A slash similar to Marth’s neutral air

Aerial Forward A: A horizontal slash

Aerial Back A: A horizontal slash backwards

Aerial Down A: A horizontal slash downward

Aerial Up A: An upward slash

Grab: - Catch- Uses a psynergy hand to grab

Forward Throw: Throws the enemy forward then blast them with a psynergy force fist

Back Throw: Uses two psynergy hands to throw them back

Up Throw: -Venus Summon
- Throws them up, then uses a Venus Djinn to hit them up more

Down Throw: -Pound- Throws them at the ground them uses Pound on them

*Isaac uses a saving charge system. To charge all he does is hold down anyone of his special attack buttons (it doesn’t matter which) and you save the charge by pressing shield. When he’s charging you see the Psynergy rings
around him and he glows blue. He starts off with no charge can charge up to 2 extra levels, it takes a second or so to charge a level. When Isaac saves up a level 2 or 3 charge, the next special attack he uses will automatically use the level he had saved and then his charge level will go back to 1.

Psynergy Specials

B: Multi-Elements
No psynergy charge (Level 1) -
Psynergy Seal - Works like Zelda’s Din Fire except was it releases it puts a Psynergy Seal
over the enemies head
which disallows them to use any special (B) attacks for a short while.
Level 2 psynergy charge -
Diamond Berg - A powerful ice attack.

Level 3 psynergy charge -
Supernova - A powerful fire attack.

Up B: Psynergy swords/Recovery (in the air Isaac will always use Ragnarok upwards, ignoring the level charge he has)
No psynergy charge -
Ragnarok - Isaac uses Ragnarok normally. In the air he shoots the sword up diagonally upwards instead of downwards and he rides on it to recover.

Level 2 psynergy charge - Legend - Isaac shoots multiple sword out of a force symbol

Level 3 psynergy charge - Odyssey - Isaac uses Odyssey same way from the game

Down B: Earth(Venus) psynergy
No psynergy charge -
Briar - Sharp vines attack from the ground

Quake Sphere - Works pretty much the same as Venasuar’s Earthquake

Grand Gaia - Rocks blast up from the ground

B: Healing special
No psynergy charge -
Cure - Recovers about 3% (takes about 3 seconds to do, is not spammable)

Cure Well - Recovers about 10% (cures any teammate around near you also by 5%)

Potent Cure - Recovers about 30%

Final Smash: -Judgment-

*Now noone can say
without looking like a fool
Isaac doesn't deserve to be in Brawl:)

I don't really like the cure ones or the psynergy seal one.
I do. Direct healing and attack disabling are things that haven't been done before and I made it so they weren't cheap/overpowered/broken.
Also, that seems like a lit of moves for one character to have.
That was kind the point, Isaac having so many moves to choose from is part of his character.
but it would be better if it was just an improved version of the move for each charge level (quake->earthquake->quakesphere) or whatever
Nah, thad be boring.
The pictures helped a lot with the visualization, so thanks for taking the time
Thanks, I was snowed in all that day and I had nothing else to do.

Arteen

Smash Lord
That was kind the point, Isaac having so many moves to choose from is part of his character.
I dunno. I think you could say the same thing about other characters in Brawl, and this sounds too much like complexity for the sake of complexity, in my opinion. Otherwise, cool moveset.

vastler

Smash Apprentice
pesonaly Isaac could be a great adition to Brawl
i played golden sun(but my GS is broken ,it can't save so i never finished) it was fun
since his originally from nintendo i think he has a higher chace of getting in Brawl

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
*points at sig*

I support. Some good uses of Psyenergy in there, some not. But I like the THROWing concept.

Final Smash DEFINITELY Judgement.

And Golden Sun battle music is awesome... What would the level be like, though? The Colleseum? The home village?

Clumber

Smash Cadet

Thanks, I was snowed in all that day and I had nothing else to do.
It would be true to the character, that's true. I just doubt that it will happen because that would take a lot of work to give him all of those moves and I don't think they would put that much time into a character that isn't super popular.

Psynergy seal should at least be a level 2 or 3 attack though, since otherwise you could just use it over and over again to stop the enemies B moves. Imagine how good that would be, it would take away a lot of the characters effectiveness in battle and if they need to recover, they have one less recovery move. Isaac would be amazing if he could just do it over and over again.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I dunno. I think you could say the same thing about other characters in Brawl, and this sounds too much like complexity for the sake of complexity, in my opinion.
Well I just took the "go big or go home" approach. And its not really that complex if you think about, it just looks complex on paper. The attacks upgrade automatically so its not like the player is doing anything more than a Samus or DK player would.
It would be true to the character, that's true. I just doubt that it will happen because that would take a lot of work to give him all of those moves and I don't think they would put that much time into a character that isn't super popular.
They seemed to have put a lot of time into Olimars's character and Isaac just as, if not more, popular than him (in terms of game sales).
Psynergy seal should at least be a level 2 or 3 attack though, since otherwise you could just use it over and over again to stop the enemies B moves. Imagine how good that would be, it would take away a lot of the characters effectiveness in battle and if they need to recover, they have one less recovery move. Isaac would be amazing if he could just do it over and over again.
I said it would work similar to Zelda's Din's Fire. In case you didn't notice it's pretty much impossible to use that attack effectively once, nevermind multiple times.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
Lets just hope he's in the Brawl and that he wasnt on the Poll for nothing. :ohwell: the Lighthouses or Sol Sanctum can be a stage. So can the collessium and pier's ship. or even the desert with the whirlwinds and tornados swirling around.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Unless by some stroke of good fortune Sakurai reveals all the playable characters, or at least all of the series with icons, we'll probably have to wait until the game is finally released in Japan. :(

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
So true, so true... but Isaac won't be updated on the Dojo anyways. We have to admit it, he just isn't popular enough to create hype for the casual gamer.
Smash is about popularity, but also for the ones that arn't popular also...

like Ice Climbers and Pit. I think that Issac would have enough hype. not as much as Sonic or Snake, I admit. Golden Sun is one of the top Handheld RPG's and perhaps on any system. Depends who you talk to. So why not but him in the Brawl? he fits right in and is still 2nd party.

Isaac For Brawl :)

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Err... then why give Isaac Diamond Berg? With all of the moves hes capable of learning couldn't you have picked one of them? Diamond Berg is exclusive to Piers. So if you need a high level Mercury psynergy why not something like Plume Edge, probably the best one he can learn.

I don't think that level should really be involved here. Isaac would probably have the most basic form of his most recognisable attacks. (i.e. Spire, Quake, Ragnarok) Otherwise it gets too overpowered. Imagine if he had his high level attacks, he would be way too strong.
I don't see why him getting the strongest versions of his psynergy would automatically classify it as too strong.

The stage would have to be Venus Lighthouse. The lighthouses are the most important locations in the games, and Venus=Earth Element=Isaac's element. Not to mention the overall importance of that particular lighthouse...
Eh... I'd say Jupiter or Mars over Venus. Isaac's group meets up with Felix's at Jupiter and the final battle is at Mars.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Err... then why give Isaac Diamond Berg? With all of the moves hes capable of learning couldn't you have picked one of them? Diamond Berg is exclusive to Piers. So if you need a high level Mercury psynergy why not something like Plume Edge, probably the best one he can learn.
Ness used moves that were exclusive to Paula
Case closed

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
That is on a strictly need-to-know basis. If I to
My Turn

With so many people posting potential movesets, I decided to come up with one. I'm trying to satisfy everyone here, including the "no more sword users" people. Read and enjoy:

Regular Attacks:

Neutral A combo: Kick, Kick, Slash

^ Tilt A: Kick up

^ Smash A: Stab upwards

> Tilt A: 2 quick slashes

> Smash: Roundhouse Kick (Definitely Chuck Norris style :laugh:)

> Dash: Jump and slash

v Smash: Spin and slash (Imagine Link's ^ B, but not as fast, no lift, and the sword is pointed downwards)

v position and A: Sword poke (Like Marth or Roy's)

A in Air: Psynergy pulse (A little hard to explain. A glow envelopes Isaac, and anyone who touches it is hurt. Close to Game & Watch's parachute)

^ A in Air: Slash that starts up and swings down

> A in Air: Sex Kick

< A in Air: Backflip and Kick

v A in Air: Stab downwards (Pretty much Link or G&W's v A in Air)

Special Attacks:

B: Quake (Area around Isaac shakes up and down, moderate knockback, with high enough %, enemy sent straight up)

^ B: Meggido (This may seem a little overpowered for an attack, seeing as how it's the most powerful Release in the game, but YOU try figuring out an earth based recovery technique. Isaac shoots upward in the direction he's facing, at maybe a 30 degree angle. While going up, he can do low damage to anyone who gets in his way, but only 1 or 2%. Then he shoots down using Meggido. High knockback, less than moderate damage, but not weak)

> B: Ragnarok (Similar to Falcon Punch. Powerful, high knockback, but laggy and takes a little bit to use. Longer reach, but pretty ineffective if it's not a direct hit. The sides will only do about 5-7%)

v B: Venus (The summon where you only have 1 Earth Djinn. Enemy showered in sprites of Earth djinn. About 7 or 8 will fall over a wide range in the direction your facing. Little Knockback, but wide reach. Each hit will do about 6% damage. Causes flinching. Cannot be spammed. Allow about 5-9 seconds before it can be used again)

Final Smash: Judgement. This really can't be argued.

Other:

Entrance: Isaac raises up out of the ground using Gaia around him.

Taunts:
1) The 4 types of djinn fly around him.
2) Some plants grow from where he was standing.
3) Twirls his sword a few times.

Grabs:
Utilize the Psynergy hand.
A while Grab: Knee's enemy in the chest
> Throw: Throws on the ground and uses quake, enemy bounces forward.
< Throw: Tosses him over his head.
^ Throw: Tosses upward. Nothing special.
v Throw: Throws on the ground, uses spire, enemy flies upward.

Please comment, I want to know what everyone thinks, even if it's harsh. I'm a MAN, I can take it.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
^ B: Meggido (This may seem a little overpowered for an attack, seeing as how it's the most powerful Release in the game, but YOU try figuring out an earth based recovery technique.
I'd personally go with Plant Diver or Planetary, myself.

I've also seen Annihilation suggested.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Issac is second party, but the diffrence between first and second party character's chances is NONE! Because we have like 4 2nd party characters in smash 64, lol! As for Issac, if he was in Brawl I would be REALLY, REALLY, REALLY EXCITED AND HAPPY, but I figure he's got low chances. Not just because Golden Sun is dead (at the moment), but because he isn't that popular. But here's to Issac and Golden Sun, and the hope we get Golden Sun series influence in smash, and Issac as a PC! :)

Arteen

Smash Lord
NIce moveset, Mr-Armageddon. I would be content with that. I have a few small issues with it, but overall I like it.

For the Neutral A combo, I can't picture him starting off with a kick. He's carrying a sword, so I would expect him to use it for his most basic attack. I can picture something along the lines of slash, slash, Force, where he makes two sword slashes with his sword, then casts Force with his free hand. The other A attacks are fine. Grabs look fine too.

I agree with Ragnarok, Megiddo, and Judgment. Quake sounds too similar to DK's move, so it's somewhat boring. I'd rather Isaac have some other move instead. Venus is neat, but I think it would be cooler as Gaia. It would be essentially the same move, but I think it would look better.

Taunts are good, but I'm not sure about the entrance. I would expect to see him use something like Retreat or Teleport.

Issac is second party
He's first-party. Nintendo has the sole rights to the character.

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
Let's change up topics. If Isaac got in, and we were given another spot for a Golden Sun PC (Unlikely, but let's dream), who would it be fighting alongside Isaac?

My vote would go to Alex or Felix. But Felix would be kinda clonelike Roy to Marth thing, while Alex would be quite a good original character (evil too).

Arteen

Smash Lord
I want Sheba the most, followed by Mia, then Alex, then Felix. I think that Sheba, if properly implemented, would be a very fun character to use.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
You know what I've found weird? The entire series is normally hidden before the icon is revealed.

No AC content was known before Smashville, after that, we see regular stickers and trophies. No Pikmin content was known before Olimar, barring a single Bulborb trophy.

Which franchises that should've been seen by now haven't been?

obviously, this only accounts for new franchises. The only two I can think of off the top of my head are Custom Robo and Golden Sun.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
Let's change up topics. If Isaac got in, and we were given another spot for a Golden Sun PC (Unlikely, but let's dream), who would it be fighting alongside Isaac?

My vote would go to Alex or Felix. But Felix would be kinda clonelike Roy to Marth thing, while Alex would be quite a good original character (evil too).

Should be Saturos all the way. Get the hero, get the villain. Although my favorite has always been Ivan, but he has no chance in hell to get in Brawl. so Isaac all the way. I think Saturos has the 2nd highest chance.

Azura

Smash Cadet
Jenna Jenna Jenna Jenna JENNA. If Jenna somehow got in despite all odds I'd be delighted with the roster even if it included some stupid choices and neglected some good ones.

Since this is my first post in the Isaac thread and maybe my last, obligatory "Isaac for Brawl, I hope he gets in."

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
That is on a strictly need-to-know basis. If I to
If Felix got in, he would probably be an Isaac clone, and I HATE clones. Actually, their not that bad, but Isaac should not have one, he's just too cool to have a clone. I would vote Garret, because he's important from the beginning and Isaac's best friend. However, chances are he could just be a Roy clone...

Top Bottom