• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Clumber

Smash Cadet
Problems associated with Alchemy being released back into the world, and Alex will probably be trying to get more power somehow. I don't really know, there's a lot of places the stroy could go from here.

Zevox

Smash Lord
It will be Fire Emblem DS!!! ^_^

.....oh wait..thats a strategy game not a RPG...
Um, all Fire Emblem games are Tactical RPGs, not plain strategy games. Fire Emblem created that genre.

Anyway, hopefully they're referring to Golden Sun 3. That would be simply incredible.

Zevox

Zevox

Smash Lord
It's Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood.
According to the link raphtmarqui gave, that preview is from the issue with Sonic Chronicles as its cover story, so it couldn't be so. Besides, I have the issue from this month, and they made no secret that Sonic's upcoming RPG was the cover story of the next issue.

Zevox

I see.

Even then, let's look at the candidates:

Fire Emblem DS
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest IX
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat
Blue Dragon DS
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed Grimoire
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
Pokémon third remake (ie, Yellow/Crystal/Emerald)
Pokémon GS remake
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2
Pokémon Ranger 2
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Tales of the Tempest
Tales of Innocence

There are a lot of RPGs that this could be - the date of their announcement that they're not making a GS at the moment doesn't suggest that we'd see such an announcement yet.

Arteen

Smash Lord
A Sonic game?

That's incredibly lame. :ohwell:
But it's made by BioWare. BioWare is full of awesome. *hugs KotOR and Mass Effect*

Anyways, since this is supposedly not referring to the new Sonic game, I hope it's Golden Sun 3! It probably isn't though, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Meh, companies lie all the time. Like when they said at E3 that there would be no 360 price drop, and then a month later it dropped 50 bucks. They just don't want people to know info unless it's on their own terms.

I doubt it's Golden Sun 3, but if Isaac ends up being in Brawl there wouldn't be a better time to announce a sequel.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I see.

Even then, let's look at the candidates:

Fire Emblem DS
Dragon Quest IV
Dragon Quest V
Dragon Quest VI
Dragon Quest IX
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat
Blue Dragon DS
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: The Sealed Grimoire
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
Pokémon third remake (ie, Yellow/Crystal/Emerald)
Pokémon GS remake
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 2
Pokémon Ranger 2
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Tales of the Tempest
Tales of Innocence

There are a lot of RPGs that this could be - the date of their announcement that they're not making a GS at the moment doesn't suggest that we'd see such an announcement yet.
Nintendo Power implied that it was a game that hasn't been revealed yet. So you can pretty much cross all the rpgs off that list you gave.
But it's made by BioWare. BioWare is full of awesome. *hugs KotOR and Mass Effect*
I agree Bioware almost guarantees quality. Kotor, Jade Empire, and Mass Effect all show Bioware's great rpg skills. The game looks good so far anyway.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Indeed. Between Knights of the Old Republic 1, Neverwinter Nights 1 (and especially its Hoards of the Underdark expansion), Jade Empire, and how much everyone seems to love that Mass Effect thing (don't have a 360, so I've never played it myself), I'm pretty confident Bioware will manage to make Sonic Chronicles the first good Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2, perhaps the first great Sonic game since Sonic 3D Blast.

And yeah, as rapht said, its the implication that the RPG in question is one which is presently little known or entirely unannounced thats the chief reason its possible to hope Golden Sun 3 is the game in question. Its of course also distinctly possible it isn't, but we can always hope.

Zevox

Zevox

Smash Lord
NP doesn't reveal games, when was the last time they did?
*shrugs* Don't know. But you can't deny the implications of the preview regardless. They clearly said the game in question is being kept very secret ("hush-hush" as they put it), which is why they can't even reveal what it is until the issue featuring it.

Zevoxc

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Nintendo Power is under new management. Who knows what new features will be added to the magazine. And didn't they just reveal Sonic Chronicles lol? The game was already announced before but NP premiered screenshots.

That doesn't mean it's a new game. Like I said, it could also be an announcement of an English version of a Japanese game.

EDIT: And they didn't announce Sonic - they just revealed it.

On top of that, BioWare's an English developer, it's a bit of a leap for an American magazine to announce a Japanese game.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
That doesn't mean it's a new game. Like I said, it could also be an announcement of an English version of a Japanese game.

EDIT: And they didn't announce Sonic - they just revealed it.

On top of that, BioWare's an English developer, it's a bit of a leap for an American magazine to announce a Japanese game.
Isn't Bioware in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada?

The only difference between canadian and american is that whenever we say colour, flavour, etc. We use "ou", rather than "o". It's not for every word though..

If that was a crack at us, it was horrible.
...It was a crack at someone who implied that BIoware isn't an English dev because they're Canadian.

E-Z-MONEY

Smash Journeyman
If that happens I'll be way disappointed in Isaac's Judgment, or lack thereof. ;)
Wow. I actually loled at that. And not just a normal lol. It was a very loud HA! As if I was saying "I understood that but none of my family will because they aren't geeks but I am still proud of myself" I'm not sure how I feel about my reaction.

Oh and Isaac for brawl.

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Atleast Isaac got 2 recommendations on his poll which means Sakurai will probably think about it and right now no character on the poll with 2 or more recommendations has been de-confirmed as playable.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
From the description there really isn't too much else I could think of that fit the description.

All of the other RPGs that A Link to the Snitch mentioned are really too predictable to fit the description.:ohwell:

But then again, this IS Nintendo Power. -_-

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Isn't that the way they speak English in England? Or all of Europe for that matter?

I'd like it for that new game to be Golden Sun 3, but that's about all I can do.

Has anyone else noticed the fact that Isaac is appearing in more character roasters nowadays?

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I think it has to do with the fact that the prophets/trolls finally know Golden Sun is a reletivley popular series, and it is 'safe' to include him in, because no one will really complain about him, I mean, you see people saying things like'OMG Ashley in=fake', but you never hear the same treatment for Isaac.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I've actually seen people say that Isaac has no chance.

Most for really stupid reasons like "Golden Sun is a dead series."

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I think it has to do with the fact that the prophets/trolls finally know Golden Sun is a reletivley popular series, and it is 'safe' to include him in, because no one will really complain about him, I mean, you see people saying things like'OMG Ashley in=fake', but you never hear the same treatment for Isaac.
Also with the whole icon thing, Golden Sun is now just about the most likely non-third party candidate for franchise 19.

Top Bottom