• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
As long as we get a GS rep, I really don't mind who it is. Well, I'd rather it not be Kraden and there are certain adepts I'd prefer over others (namely Mia over Jenna and Sheba over Ivan), but either Felix or Isaac will be great.

Though at this point it seems that Isaac is the clear front runner for a playable rep.

yelsew1

Smash Rookie
Isaac would be so badass in brawl!
just think of his movesets!
down b - gaia
up b - djinn attack
side b- odyssey
FS - one of the summon! (hopefully catastrophe or iris)

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
Again why catastrophe or Iris?
They aren't Earth elemental summons which is why it would be odd for isaac to be using them.
yeah they are among the coolest but they just won't fit you know?

Judgement and Charon or even better, DAEDULUS!
Nothing so PWNAGE like a big missile to the face.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
XD.

What would happen if Felix was confrimed?
While I'd prefer Isaac, I just want a playable GS rep. I'd take Jenna, Sheba, Garet, etc.

Er...but yeah, as FonFabre said, Issac is the front runner so we may not have to worry. It was Isaac who got 2 mentions, while Felix only got 1.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
It looks like a Link to the Snitch has resided, but if you do decide to come back...

A while ago, Sakurai decided who would be in Brawl as a playable character, and who wouldn't. Tell me, do you think he thought to himself "Well, I'd love to include this character Isaac as a playbale character, but Nintendo didn't make him, and that makes him third party and no/someone took that spot already, I guess he won't be in." If Sakurai really thought he deserved the spot, he wouldn't look at who made the character, he would look at who owns him - Nintendo, and there is absolutely nothing you or anyone can say about this fact, because it's right there, in the credits of Golden Sun. But of course, you knew this already right? I believe you actually like the character, and yet you shun his inclusion in this game? Odd...

Sakurai already acknowledges the fact that Golden Sun exists, whether that idea comes from the fact that he put both Isaac and Felix in his polls, or the fact that he READ two people telling him Isaac would be a really good choice for Brawl, or reading one from Felix. It could come from the fact that he LISTED and HIRED a composer from the game(s), or even the fact that he read himself that Golden Sun was one of the games that people had requested music from to be in Brawl. Sakurai knows this series exists, he may not know how popular it is, but he certainly knows it deserves some representation in Brawl, he just wants to see if his game's fans think the same.

Why would Sakurai add Isaac then? Because it's just as easy to add him as any first party character, that's why! You know why? Because he IS first party! If you made a time machine, and I bought it from you, does it matter that you made it now? Maybe to you it does, but not to the rest of the world.

If you are going to come here and complain about Isaac's chances, there are very limited things you can say, and I'm afraid, your entire argument means nothing. The only piece of proof you can actually state that says that Isaac won't be in as a playable character is his popularity. Notice, give this board a character list of 40+ GOOD characters, have Isaac included, and only a handful of people will remove him. Why do you think that's the case? Because people are INDIFFERENT to his inclusion. No way huh? You would have never guessed. Isaac is one of the 'safer' characters for Sakurai to add, because of that same reason, he won't loose fans from adding him, only gain Golden Sun fans, and add many fans to the Golden Sun series.

Arrg! I feel as if writing this was a waste of time, as you will most likely listen to nothing I say, just as I acknowledge what you say, but do not take it seriously because it conflicts with my (no, our) opinion(s). But I guess that's how humans are, eh?

Arteen

Smash Lord
So, what happened to the new thread? At the very least, the OP could be posted in this thread, so we can at least discuss it. At least we will know if and how Golden Sun is represented soon enough. *crosses fingers*

If you are going to keep talking, I'd prefer if you didn't speak so ignorantly.

HOW MANY ****ING TIMES MUST I SAY THAT THIS IS NOT ABOUT ISAAC'S CHANCES?

Seriously, tell me. Answer the question, how many times must I tell everyone that this is about Olimar vs. Isaac, not Isaac?

Ironic that you accuse me of not listening.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Same to you.

Wow, we've told you over ten times! We know Isaac has a lot lower chances than Olimar! That is over with! Would you like me to quote for you how many times this has been said?! Just because of someone who doesn't know what the heck he is talking about (no offense, Tama) says that Olimar = Isaac doesn't mean everyone thinks like that, because they don't; he's about the only one.

So can we kiss (not literally) and make up now...?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If you are going to keep talking, I'd prefer if you didn't speak so ignorantly.

HOW MANY ****ING TIMES MUST I SAY THAT THIS IS NOT ABOUT ISAAC'S CHANCES?

Seriously, tell me. Answer the question, how many times must I tell everyone that this is about Olimar vs. Isaac, not Isaac?

Ironic that you accuse me of not listening.
And for the last time, we are not talking about Olimar vs. Isaac anymore.

Clumber

Smash Cadet
I have exciting news! In a fake SSBB roster I read both Isaac and Felix were included! Now everyone can be happy! It also had spiderman listed, along with 4 new Zelda representatives so...IT MUST BE TRUE!

So Ruby, you act as if you did listen, and respond to me saying that Sakurai wouldn't say something like "oh, I won't put Isaac in because he isn't Nintendo-made"? How does that work? Did I ever argue this? No, so how can you be listening and not even know what I am saying, FFS?

I can safely say that you should forfeit all right to accuse anyone of not listening to you.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Quit saying that Olimar confirms Isaac, people! It's the truth that he doesn't, but it DOES confirm that there is a franchise that we don't know about, and it very well could be Golden Sun. ^_^
@Vesperview: NONE of us think he's a "shoe-in" we're just really hoping he's in.
^Most of us thought Olimar was a 'shoe-in', this is just him stating again how Isaac is not so.

We all know he's not extremely likely. We all know Olimar had three times his chances.
most of us understand that olimar had much greater chances of making it into brawl than isaac does (aside from the great tama)
Wow, we've told you over ten times! We know Isaac has a lot lower chances than Olimar!
^Quoting myself isn't cool, but I still said it, in case you needed to know. :)

And for the last time, we are not talking about Olimar vs. Isaac anymore.
^This post just proves my new point about you.

There, I'm done. Not as many as I told you, but enough to prove my point.

EDIT: Oh for the love of God, Link (may I call you Link?), Are you really going to say that? Would you have me quote you now? Please! I'll be with you in a second, meanwhile, please wait patiently.

You know what? Just forget it, honestly. We're dealing with someone who might have taken up stones for a brain, and you're dealing with people with opinions of stone. YOU won't change us otherwise. In the end, it's one v.s. 10, and no one seems to be letting go. I am a little tired of arguing with you, and will refrain from doing so unless otherwise provoked. I'm sure you're tired of my 'incessant babbling', as I am of yours. So we can stop this now, unless you insist... :)

Sure, I'd love to see the quote where I pointed out that I'm not discussing Isaac's likelihood and said that I'd play as him if he got in.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Sooooo, um, for Isaac's green costume, would you guys prefer Felix colors with a hair/eye change, Felix colors without the change, or a color combination distinct from Felix's?
*chill out*

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
felix with hair and eye colour change for sure. That would definitly be the one I use if he's in. (or no eye colour chage.. I have blue eyes :p)

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Meh, Isaac all the way. I don't think we'll be seeing any actual alt costumes, though I can see them swapping his hair and eye color to look more like Felix, like with Dark Link, Fusion Samus etc, where the actual costume doesn't change, just the colors.

I personally don't like that, but apparently it'd please a lot of people, and I just wouldn't play as that costume. Simple as that.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Like I said before, keeping the blond hair just kills any difference.

Hair change as well, please.

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
Just the fact that Isacc was on the poll list made me happy that he was thinking about putting Isaac in the Brawl. I expect nothing. But If Isaac is in... I don't think I'll play the other characters.

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
To Be honest whether isaac makes it in or not im happy because all the characters in brawl at the moment rock. But i would love to see isaac in.

Clumber

Smash Cadet
I say Isaac with the dark hair because otherwise it's too similar to his regular look and you won't even notice it's supposed to look like Felix.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yeah, there's no way that it would be Golden Sun 3. I don't know what it would be, but definitely not Golden Sun 3.:(

Top Bottom