• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
1. Olimar and Isaac are not in the same boat... why would Nintendo think as much of a character they put literally nothing into his creation as one of the last Miyamoto-developed games ever made at this moment?
I don't recall him saying that Isaac and Olimar are in the same boat, some other people have, yes, but not Arteen.

2. Hmm - GS developed by Camelot, Stafy developed by TOSE, and WarioWare not being a new franchise.
The characters belong to Nintendo, you have to wonder what that means.

1. Because it's not new content, it's a spin-off just like Mario Strikers or Mario Baseball?

2. If he didn't believe that, he shouldn't be arguing. I'm only arguing that Isaac is not in the same boat as Olimar.

3. Who cares that some other companies made games for them? I'm talking about new franchises from NINTENDO.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
But it's not a new one.
In terms of Super Smash Bros. it is.

Just like Pikmin and Golden Sun. They were both franchises that were put out right before Melee and not given a chance at that time. Now's there chance.

@Vesperview: NONE of us think he's a "shoe-in" we're just really hoping he's in.

But it's not a new franchise, no more than the many Mario spin-offs are. Just because it's never been represented in Smash Bros. doesn't mean it's a new franchise. We never once spoke in the context of Smash Bros. - we're talking about Nintendo-made franchises that Nintendo introduced last generation, and Pikmin was the biggest and best of them all. This does not include Golden Sun, Stafy, or any other game Nintendo didn't make themselves.

Fine. Then Mario Strikers is a new franchise because it's got a different name.

It's a spin-off. NO ONE looks at random Mario spin-offs and says "Oh hey, a new franchise!" It shouldn't be thrown in with a brand new series using brand new ideas when it's a mini-game compilation with Wario's face on it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't see how in the world you can say that Pikmin is new but Golden Sun isn't. They were both released near the same time. -_- Only a few months apart. Seriously.

Also Sakurai considers Wario Ware it's own franchise. If he didn't why wouldn't he have put him with the Mario icon?

Wario Ware is different from the Mario Spin-offs, it has it's own characters and the only thing Mario like about it is Wario. It has nothing to do with Mario series aside from Wario.

So Wario Land either does not exist, or it's a part of the WarioWare series? That makes sense (nonsense, that is).

And are you reading? Nintendo didn't make any characters, any locations, any THING for GS besides the cartridges. How is that the same as Pikmin, which is the exact opposite in that Nintendo actually made EVERY thing in it?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Why isn't Wario's moveset and default costume revolving around Wario Land, than?

Nintendo didn't create any of the characters or anything? They own them, for some reason. :ohwell:

Because Sakurai prefers WarioWare.

I didn't realize that someone with no affiliation with Wario defines what WarioWare is. Just because he never included anything from Wario Land does NOT mean that WarioWare is the Wario franchise, and Wario Land is not.

And? Nintendo owns the design of DK... Rare created the design for DK...

RegalBuster

Smash Lord
Nintendo actually owns the character and storyline rights to Golden Sun, something they should have done with Geno and Mallow.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
*sighs*

Ok, I've got the new topic pretty much ready. I'm going to PM a mod to see if we make it the main one (anybody here know exactly who I should PM? :confused:)

I'm going to need some help, like with the movesets section, and a good explanation of the story (because I haven't played through the games completely in years)

What makes WarioWare a new franchise? Is it the fact that it's a spin-off of Wario Land? Sakurai doesn't have any ability to establish WarioWare as a new franchise.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
*sighs*

Ok, I've got the new topic pretty much ready. I'm going to PM a mod to see if we make it the main one (anybody here know exactly who I should PM? :confused:)

I'm going to need some help, like with the movesets section, and a good explanation of the story (because I haven't played through the games completely in years)
Don't bother Bassoonist, the game will be out in two weeks...

Edit: opps, sorry double post.

A second party of Nintendo made Kirby...

Miyamoto supervised Kirby's Dream Land...

A second party of Nintendo made Pokémon...

Miyamoto supervised Pokémon Red and Green (who do you think Satoshi and Shigeru are named after?)...

The fact of the matter is that Isaac, by fact, is not in the same boat as Olimar. A character made by a third party developer without input from Nintendo is not getting in for the same reasons that one of Miyamoto's characters got in for.

Arteen

Smash Lord
What makes WarioWare a new franchise? Is it the fact that it's a spin-off of Wario Land?
It's essentially a new series, distinct from Wario Land. Sure, Wario is the title character, but the game doesn't retain anything else from the Wario Land games. Arguing whether it's a new franchise or not misses the point that it's a new, important series of games.

A character made by a third party developer without input from Nintendo...
I don't recall Camelot ever confirming or denying whether Nintendo gave them input.

So is there some magical reason why WarioWare has special treatment, that it gets to be some new franchise even though it's just a spin-off of Wario Land? At what point are Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, etc. considered new franchises?

So because we don't know if Nintendo worked on GS, we assume what is true?

Arteen

Smash Lord
So is there some magical reason why WarioWare has special treatment, that it gets to be some new franchise even though it's just a spin-off of Wario Land? At what point are Mario Party, Mario Tennis, Mario Kart, etc. considered new franchises?
They're already their own series. You can call them spinoffs from an established franchise if you want, but they are their own distinct series. Mario Tennis and Mario Kart specifically already both have their own representation in the game, too. As an important new series, Wario Ware should (and does) have its own representation in Brawl.

So because we don't know if Nintendo worked on GS, we assume what is true?
No, we don't assume it is false or true.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
A second party of Nintendo made Kirby...
A second party of Nintendo made Pokémon....

This made me giggle, can you find out why?

And yes, I still think you should post the thread, but maybe I'm not sure... I mean, the game IS quite close, and all the characters will be confirmed during or even before the 24th... Do it if you want, but do it quickly before the mods decide to not allow you to because the game is so near.

I don't believe Isaac was a shoe-in like Olimar, they weren't in the same boat, but I do see Isaac paddling right behind Olimar. Now that Olimar is in, I'm sure anyone (who knows what Golden Sun really is) can agree with the fact that Isaac is probably the most likely character from a new franchise who isn't retro to get in.

I also don't believe Isaac is a shoe-in, honestly, anyone who does is a little in over their heads.

This thread was often noticed for having very little spam or arguments, and the small ones this thread faced were made by trolls, or people who just never knew what this character had to offer to Brawl, mistaking him for 'just another swordsman' or 'a Fire Emblem Lord'. This thread has had its days but I forsee its and Isaac's old title of being sort of the 'pacifist' character to melt away.

eah, that didn't exactly explain why this franchise, this franchise which is less popular than Mario Kart, deserves to be put on the same level as a 100% brand new, unique video game. It doesn't deserve to be on the same level as its originating franchise. We're talking about something NEW. Wario is not NEW. Why should you say "hey, Pikmin isn't the only new franchise last gen! Don't forget about [insert spin-off franchise!]"?

And I'm not sure why you giggle...

Are you implying that the creators of Kirby and Pokémon are not second party?

Or that Camelot is?

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
That is on a strictly need-to-know basis. If I to
Sorry to come in late on the icon discussion. But I think more franchises are going to come. I don't think the DS icon will recieve any more in the game, maybe another stage. The smash icon itself doesn't count. I don't think that it will stop with one more franchise. I think it might go up to 25, and Golden Sun is bound to be one of them. After that, I believe it may be Ray or Megaman, but you can go down that street however you like.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Sorry to come in late on the icon discussion. But I think more franchises are going to come. I don't think the DS icon will recieve any more in the game, maybe another stage. The smash icon itself doesn't count. I don't think that it will stop with one more franchise. I think it might go up to 25, and Golden Sun is bound to be one of them. After that, I believe it may be Ray or Megaman, but you can go down that street however you like.
You're forgetting that there's also icon #19 which we don't know about. It's the perfect spot for Golden Sun.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Who else would be in before Pikmin? :p

Besides I doubt that the icons are in order of which characters were put in first.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Psh... a retro character...

Isaac for the win. He's the one the deserves that spot.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
That would be a sad day.:(

I'm not against either of them, but I'd like to have Isaac.

Top Bottom