• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

SmashALLSTAR

Smash Cadet
Or it could be like a three part item like the Dragoon (very, very unlikely) that does something really awesome, like sumon Poseidon (which is admitadly untrue to the Golden Sun series, but it would still be cool)
I was reading Zevox post about the idea for the Djinn and I suddenly thought of the fact that numerous Djinn come together to make a formidable summon. I went down one post and then I saw yours with the same idea. I think it would be sweet to have the Djinn as items that you can collect and hold. The concept makes a lot of sense. I think that the Djinn items could come in all forms (Fire, Earth, Wind and Water) and when picked up and collected you could choose to attack with them, executing there respective moves. However, if you decide to hold onto one then you can collect others of the same element and unleash a summon such as Tiamat, Thor, Boreas or Judgement. Alternatively, if you mix up the elements as required then you could summon those entities that required mixed elements such as Iris, Karon, Catastrophe, Eclipse or Flora. That would be sweet to say the least.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
That would be complex, and I really can't see them taking the time to put that in.

If they did, however. It'd be awesome. :grin:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I'm not saying that Isaac is confirmed, I'm just saying... the icon theory doesn't work against us anymore! ^_^
It never did! Come on, it not like Sakurai said to his team: "Ok, I have this list from 1 to 20. We can only add this many franchises to the game!" It would be cool a new icon would get number 72 or so. THAT would make us speculate. :chuckle:

Arteen

Smash Lord
yeah, the icon theory is basically even more shot now. which is good,
Fixed that for you. :)
Anyways, yay. I'm happy Olimar is in (though I never had a doubt), and that the icon theory is no longer a barrier for Isaac whatsoever (though it was already crippled and unreliable). Now that we're getting new characters again, maybe we'll see Isaac confirmed!

Clumber

Smash Cadet
I was reading Zevox post about the idea for the Djinn and I suddenly thought of the fact that numerous Djinn come together to make a formidable summon. I went down one post and then I saw yours with the same idea. I think it would be sweet to have the Djinn as items that you can collect and hold. The concept makes a lot of sense. I think that the Djinn items could come in all forms (Fire, Earth, Wind and Water) and when picked up and collected you could choose to attack with them, executing there respective moves. However, if you decide to hold onto one then you can collect others of the same element and unleash a summon such as Tiamat, Thor, Boreas or Judgement. Alternatively, if you mix up the elements as required then you could summon those entities that required mixed elements such as Iris, Karon, Catastrophe, Eclipse or Flora. That would be sweet to say the least.

The only problem is that if you chose to unleash it later, you would miss out on some of your moves due to the fact that whatever button excecutes the item would have to be ingored while you waited for more djinn. Maybe if the djiin would have a short period (like 5 secs) when its usable, and then it would instead turn into a little icon thing like the dragoon parts. That way you can use your movesd and still build up for an awesome summon. I don't really see it happening though, unfortunately.

Did anybody else cross their fingers when they saw the "Challenger Approaching" sign and wish that it was Isaac. I felt a small pang of dissapointment when I saw it was Olimar (not that I don't think he's cool)

EPX2

Smash Ace
*shrugs*

If anything, I'd think the fact that Olimar's in the game shows that Sakurai isn't stupid enough to exclude characters that aren't currently relevant nor retro. It'd be a shame for him to have passed over a popular, interesting character like Olimar, who has so much potential, for such silly reasons. Likewise, the same applies to Isaac.

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
That is on a strictly need-to-know basis. If I to
I was seriously doubting we would be getting any new characters on Dojo. However, with Olimar announced, that might meen that he wants to announce some actually good new information before the game comes out. We might see one or two new characters before it comes out, and I'd be willing to bet money that Isaac would be one of them.

Joymechpoop

Smash Cadet
Haha no way Golden sun was such a bad game and Isaac is a loser and if you like him you're kidding yourself.

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
That is on a strictly need-to-know basis. If I to
Haha no way Golden sun was such a bad game and Isaac is a loser and if you like him you're kidding yourself.
I don't understand people like you. Why do you go on character's support threads just to say they're not going to be in? You're not going to change our minds, and you're just going to be yelled at by the members of the thread. It really serves no purpose what so ever. Why don't you just go on the thread of the characters you actually support and leave us alone? ... And while you're at it, go buy yourself some decent grammar.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Yeah I think Golden Sun's biggest opposition for that icon 19 spot is a third party now, I don't see anyone else getting it, as far as I know he is more popular than Ray or Andy who are the other two big 1st party options.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I can't see either of those making it in over Isaac, and I can definitely see the third third party (if there even is one.) having an icon like 23 or something.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Ah, I didn't even consider how there are at least two franchises left to be unveiled. One of them is obviously for G&W, and there aren't many series left that would fill in the second spot. For first-party series, there are Golden Sun, Custom Robo, and Nintendo Wars, and I think that GS outprioritizes them. It could be a third-party series, but if Megaman doesn't make it in, I don't think another will. And there could always be series after 22 too. As Rominati already said, "Ughh 2 more weeks."

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
If Olimar can do it, so can Isaac!
Olimar actually had a much better chance of getting in than Isaac does. He was highly requested and Pikmin, for only having 2 games to it's name, made a huge splash on the Gamecube. Ever since the first installment of the series, it was expected to be Nintendo's next big hit franchise. Plus, c'mon. Miyamoto himself made Pikmin.

I'd prefer to play as Isaac than Olimar and his Pikmin (though I do approve of their inclusion), but Isaac still ain't exactly a shoe-in.

Unfortunately.

And at this point, I'm pretty positive we're done with third party reps. It's just a hunch.

Zevox

Smash Lord
That icon numbering certainly is making Isaac seem more likely, but I don't think we should jump to conclusions just yet. #19 could just as easily be some big "WTF?!" character that nobody is expecting, like Game & Watch was in Melee. I hope it isn't, or that if it is Isaac still makes it and the GS icon is #23+, but you never know.

Zevox

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
And at this point, I'm pretty positive we're done with third party reps. It's just a hunch.
I'm starting to think this as well. People don't want it to be true, but Sakurai said 1 through 2 additional third party characters with Snake. Notice how he didn't say that having more than one additional third party character is going to happen for sure.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
lol don't believe it anyways. It really isn't realistic. Sure Melee's wasn't either, but this one is just plain ridiculous.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Ashley wasn't on that list, but she was on another one.

Ashley is the for sure way to know that a roster is fake. :p

Zevox

Smash Lord
Anyone seen the 2Chanel roster? It don't have Isaac on it.
I have, and frankly, I'm not worried. Theres just too much obvious BS on it to believe it. To begin with, it has over 50 characters total, without counting the multiple-in-one types like PT. I know the roster could end up larger than we expect, but thats just over the top. Then it has Bowser Jr and Geno both, a tough thought to swallow. Then it claims Sheik and ZSS can be unlocked to be usable on their own, which seems to defeat the purpose of making them transformations to begin with. Then... well, I'll just list 'em:

- Baby Mario & Luigi
- Wolf Link & Midna
- Vaati
- Pokemon Rival (Turtwig, Croconaw and Blaziken)
- Animal Crosser
- Roy
- K.Rool
- Black Shadow
- Sukapon
- Ray 01
- Andy
- Mii (Looks like your Mii! Weight and size differ, but attacks are always same)

Now, if it just claimed a couple of those were in, I might think it possible - some I'd even be happy for. But all of those, and no Isaac or any other third-party character to boot? Not a chance.

Zevox

That's not an applicable argument... Captain Olimar is more of a Nintendo character than Isaac - made by the most highly respected person that ever worked at Nintendo, two games, one rumored to be released, and pretty much the one and only great, successful franchise Nintendo created last gen.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
That's not an applicable argument... Captain Olimar is more of a Nintendo character than Isaac - made by the most highly respected person that ever worked at Nintendo, two games, one rumored to be released,
Yeah, yeah we get it.

A GS3 is also possible in the future, BTW.

and pretty much the one and only great, successful franchise Nintendo created last gen.
Your opinion is not factual.

Quit saying that Olimar confirms Isaac, people! It's the truth that he doesn't, but it DOES confirm that there is a franchise that we don't know about, and it very well could be Golden Sun. ^_^

Arteen

Smash Lord
That's not an applicable argument... Captain Olimar is more of a Nintendo character than Isaac - made by the most highly respected person that ever worked at Nintendo, two games, one rumored to be released, and pretty much the one and only great, successful franchise Nintendo created last gen.
I get your point, but the only major differences between Golden Sun and Pikmin are that Miyamoto created Pikmin, and Pikmin was on the Gamecube, whereas Golden Sun was on the Game Boy Advance. Both series are owned by Nintendo, both were created during the last console generation, both had two games, and both have sequels supposedly planned but not necessarily in development yet. Pikmin has a much higher chance of appearing than Golden Sun due to the Miyamoto factor, certainly, but they are similar in other respects.

I don't think Isaac is any less of a Nintendo character than Olimar, because Nintendo owns them both. Sure, Miyamoto created Olimar, but Olimar is still only a Nintendo character because Nintendo owns him. If Miyamoto designed a character who appeared exclusively on the GameCube, but was owned by Capcom, he wouldn't be a Nintendo character.

Also, Pikmin was not the only notable new Nintendo IP during the last generation; it was just the most notable. Golden Sun, Pikmin, Stafy, and WarioWare all debuted during the last generation.

1. Olimar and Isaac are not in the same boat... why would Nintendo think as much of a character they put literally nothing into his creation as one of the last Miyamoto-developed games ever made at this moment?

2. Hmm - GS developed by Camelot, Stafy developed by TOSE, and WarioWare not being a new franchise.

Top Bottom