• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Then nearly all hope is lost. :(

Unless Sakurai adds him to please Europe, which does need a little bit more love these days.

Hell, maybe Sakurai will look at its sales and see it did well here and Europe and decide "Well, what better way of making this character known than by adding him to my roster? Maybe some people over here will want to buy this game now because of this."

D

Deleted member

(And I decide to bump a Felix thread...)

LOL at Isaac being Europe's hero. That would be great!

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
That is on a strictly need-to-know basis. If I to
What if Isaac pulls a Ness?

I really don't want this too happen. I mean I realllllly don't want this to happen. But what if Isaac pulls a Ness or a Lucas? You know what I mean, what if he doesn't have his own moves? What if Sakurai thinks earth moves are too hard to make and gives him Garret's fire moves, or something like that? It's a horrible thought but it just might happen. :urg:

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I really don't want this too happen. I mean I realllllly don't want this to happen. But what if Isaac pulls a Ness or a Lucas? You know what I mean, what if he doesn't have his own moves? What if Sakurai thinks earth moves are too hard to make and gives him Garret's fire moves, or something like that? It's a horrible thought but it just might happen. :urg:
Trust me, that would never happen.

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
That is on a strictly need-to-know basis. If I to
Trust me, that would never happen.
I don't want to be a downer here, but who would think it would happen to any character? It happened to Ness and Lucas. I never played a Mother game, so I hope their attacks were just to hard or weird to put in the game. It most likely won't happen, but there's always a possibility. ... and then there's the chance that he could be like an Ike clone, but with Sakurai's opinion on clones this is almost garunteed not to happen.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Too hard? Our man Sakurai knows no such phrase.

Sure would suck hard if that were to happen, though. He should have a skill set based on his Lord class or one of the other pure earth djinn classes.

On a separate note, what do folks think of Djinn being an item? It would come in the four types, and when used, it would give you a temporary buff, like an elemental damage boost or something.
But that's just wishful thinking, a bit late to be throwing out ideas.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Yes! It has been discussed before, and I find it a perfect idea. I don't know how they would work though, because making items that add to/alter movesets must be pretty hard. And Mars Dijnn might be to similar to Superspicy curry, but I still find it a wonderful idea.

Clumber

Smash Cadet
Djinn as an item could work, but not as being a buff. I think it should just make it so that your next attack is a djiin move from the game, a lunging slash forward like Flint, a healing effect like Mist, etc.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I didn't read the last pages, but why does everyone all of a a sudden think now that Isaac won't be in the game?

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Some of us were just discussing his 'likelyness', or if Sakurai would make him an Assist Trophy. They are very interesting pages, I'd recommend you look at them.

I think Dijnn are better suited as items, and characters like Mia, Jenna, etc. as Assist Trophies.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't want to be a downer here, but who would think it would happen to any character? It happened to Ness and Lucas. I never played a Mother game, so I hope their attacks were just to hard or weird to put in the game. It most likely won't happen, but there's always a possibility. ... and then there's the chance that he could be like an Ike clone, but with Sakurai's opinion on clones this is almost garunteed not to happen.
Ness and Lucas are very similar. Lucas is Ness's replacement. It's only natural that he'd have a strikingly similar moveset.

Honestly I wouldn't care if Isaac is a clone. I don't want it to happen, but just having him in at all would be awesome enough.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Ness and Lucas are very similar. Lucas is Ness's replacement. It's only natural that he'd have a strikingly similar moveset.

Honestly I wouldn't care if Isaac is a clone. I don't want it to happen, but just having him in at all would be awesome enough.
He's talking about how none of Ness' moves except for PK Flash were actually his, but instead taken from his other party members, and it seems to be the same with Lucas.He was just wondering if it was possible if Isaac would end up with Fire, Water, and Wind moves as opposed to Earth moves.

Personally, there's no reason not to just give Isaac all Earth moves, unless they really want to represent all four elements of Golden Sun(which could be achieved through Djinn, Assist Trophies, etc), and from what I hear, a lot of Lucas/Ness' moves weren't combat related anyways.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I doubt that fate will befall Isaac, the only reason I'd see Sakurai doing that is to represent all the elements of Golden Sun. I'd rather just have him to remain earth-based though. Isaac is like the only earth based main character in video game history, (and it happens to be my favorite element) and this game needs a few more earth based moves.

Kilroy71

Smash Cadet
Except for Felix, of course...but they're from the same game. A game that happens to need representation in Brawl that isn't just an AT or a Sticker. Brawl needs Isaac. Earth moves would indeed add a lot to the game.(Then again so would water, fire, and wind moves) but they can't ruin Isaac by giving him multiple elements.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Yeah, but I can't relate with Felix much, I relate with Isaac a lot more. Plus, they are from the same series, as you pointed out. We already have a fire based moveset, a water based moveset, and an eletric based one. I don't think we have a whole wind one, just a few moves here and there, we need earth!

Wow, you beat me to it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
He's talking about how none of Ness' moves except for PK Flash were actually his, but instead taken from his other party members, and it seems to be the same with Lucas.He was just wondering if it was possible if Isaac would end up with Fire, Water, and Wind moves as opposed to Earth moves.

Personally, there's no reason not to just give Isaac all Earth moves, unless they really want to represent all four elements of Golden Sun(which could be achieved through Djinn, Assist Trophies, etc), and from what I hear, a lot of Lucas/Ness' moves weren't combat related anyways.
Oh yeah, sorry. I thought they were referring to Isaac being a clone or something. -_-

I think it's a possibility that he would have moves from different characters but I doubt it will happen. There's so much moves to give to Isaac that he actually does himself in Golden Sun.

zagman505

Smash Cadet
i would prefer isaac to have all earth based moves, but then it wouldn't be that weird for him to have other elemental moves either. isaac can obtain psynergies from various elements in the game, so it wouldn't quite be like ness or lucas (they can't use most of the moves in their moveset in their game, right?). unless of course he gets a move that he wouldn't be able to get normally, like dragon fume, liquefier, diamond berg, or something like that.

btw, is there really a point to making a new isaac thread now? the game is coming out in a few weeks... =S

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Well it's only a matter of time before it's all leaked now that the even the commercials for the game have begun, we can only hope that he is confirmed then.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I really wish Sakurai had confirmed him through an update, that's just so much more exciting than seeing his name on a list.

It's my wish that he's updated before the roster is leaked. I'd just love to actually see pictures of him. Seeing Isaac in 3D would be made of so much win my monitor would explode. XD

yelsew1

Smash Rookie
haha
i LOVED the golden sun games.
jeez, i would kill (not literally) for gs3 to come out!
so yea, i think isaac would be one of the perfect ppl to be in brawl!
catastrophe though? as much that is my fav move, that wouldnt be what he would do IF he was in brawl.
Most likely judgement.
my fav psynergy move was odyssey... but if isaac's in brawl, there's a dim chance of that move being in his setlist.
SO! Isaac is, in fact, better than snake. And, in my personal opinion, shoulve been picked over ike.
im just promoting him and stating thoughts is all

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Bass' sig is pretty much the closest we'll have unless he's confirmed. I'll see if I can find the picture I sent a while back.

Aww, come on now, don't compare him to Ike. They are pretty alike, if you look at them carefully. And I'm not talking about their looks. Though yes, I would take Isaac over Ike, but I'd be pretty sad.

Good God, I had TWO nightmares while I was sleeping. Both of them had to deal with the Brawl roster, but Isaac wasn't in either of my dreams. :( They have better not mean anything!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If worse comes to worse I would take Isaac simply as an Ike clone. Chances are he won't be, but if it's the only way he'd be in the game, I'd take it.
I would, too, as well. However I don't think that Ike's moveset would fit Isaac at all. Isaac seems like a much faster character to me, not to mention that his main form of attacking isn't a sword.

Top Bottom