• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Hmmm? I can picture Judgment just fine, it would make for a wonderful Final Smash. Since it would take Judgment a few seconds to charge up the shot, it gives the enemy time to flee, and Isaac time to capture them and throw them into the blast radius. I'm sure the explosion would be huge, taking up practically an entire small stage area, and doing small damage but in bursts and huge knock back.

I can also see a kind of golden link attaching Isaac to Judgment (as someone in this thread stated earlier), and causing anyone to touch it to become stunned in between the link. I think it would be perfect.

As most of us know, Golden Sun is full of flashy and nicely animated moves, I could only expect Brawl to carry on that legacy. Sure, Ragnarok is nice and all (though I never liked it that much), the sword would have to be quite big, and the explosion even bigger. It can work, but I still find Judgment to be perfect, in fact as I type this up, I can already picture a free-for-all match on Battlefield, with Isaac, Mario, Link, and Ike with Judgment on the top of the screen charging up his cannon and shooting.

startoonhero

Smash Apprentice
i could see them using issac. but like, they have so many sword users already.. so i dunno if he would.. i hadnt realized that golden sun wasnt really popular in US, but when i think about it.. not many people know of it :(
honestly, id more like to see Jenna in the game as a character :)

T-major

Smash Champion
I still support Issac... I used to post here a long time ago, but now I'm back to say that I still think he's awesome, and want him in.

his scarf still n00bs pwn...

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Then make him a mace user, an axe user, a fist user, or make all of his attacks psyenergy for all I care. Just because he carries a sword most of the time does not mean it is his definite weapon (Gaia Blade and Sol Blade aside).

And once again, there is no problem with sword users, especially since there are only like 2 and a half in Brawl anyway.

And yes it does, if he gets in the animation team better give it great wind physics, or else...:)

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
I don't think the guy can be taken seriously. He was banned. lol.:laugh:

We will see in a few weeks rather Isaac made it or not. I sure hope he did.

and I really need to work on that topic. I'm such a horrible procrastinator aren't I?:ohwell:
Nah, it's fine. I mean, like you said, in a few weeks this topic will be either lost to the depths of the Internet, or filled with people going like "OMG I'm so glad he's in! etc."

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
How sad, in a few weeks we may have to say goodbye to our beloved character and have to either play training mode and open up 1000 assist trophies, play the coin launcher minigame and place 100 Isaac trophies on a single screen and read the description while feeling empty inside, or placing 10 Isaac pictures on a piece of paper.... :(

Not to mention all the great times we've had and the people we've met to be separated, and never be together again only by chance while posting on a topic here.

That or...

Joyfully scream out at our Blond haired, blue eyed phyenergy wielding hero of old to pop up in our TV screens with flashy and elegant moves, and beautiful music playing while that happens while we move this thread to our own character room, discuss strategies, and sigh happily that the wait is finally over and we got what we wanted...

It's all so sad... :(

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
How sad, in a few weeks we may have to say goodbye to our beloved character and have to either play training mode and open up 1000 assist trophies, play the coin launcher minigame and place 100 Isaac trophies on a single screen and read the description while feeling empty inside, or placing 10 Isaac pictures on a piece of paper.... :(

Not to mention all the great times we've had and the people we've met to be separated, and never be together again only by chance while posting on a topic here.

That or...

Joyfully scream out at our Blond haired, blue eyed phyenergy wielding hero of old to pop up in our TV screens with flashy and elegant moves, and beautiful music playing while that happens while we move this thread to our own character room, discuss strategies, and sigh happily that the wait is finally over and we got what we wanted...

It's all so sad... :(
Meh, I don't think Sakurai will let us down. I mean, it's not like we're hoping for Ashley or Sukapon or something. Isaac has a real chance.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
No, but we are close, oh yes...

But then again, Sakurai WAS the one to add Isaac and Felix to his polls, and he got two letters of recommendation for Isaac. He knows Golden Sun music is popular, so he may not have that bad of a chance. But the thing is, if the game has just even 40 characters, the chances of him making it in are low... Here are the characters that I think most people (and maybe even Sakurai) find more deserving than Isaac...

Ridley
Captin Olimar
Krystal
A second Fire Emblem rep (Marth)
Another Zelda Rep (Young Link/Midna) or Shiek even
Luigi
Gannondorf
Jigglypuff
Another Third Party
Geno (if he doesn't happen to be third party)
Mewtwo

And I'm sure I'm forgetting some.

Now, but there's more...

I'm sure Sakurai believes that Star Fox could and should get three reps, I'm sure he likes Claus quite a bit. He may think Fire Emblem deserves three reps, and Mario too. He may happen to add Lucario, or he may add another DK rep. Or he may do something unexpected like add an Animal Crossing rep or a Brain Age character! Even worse, he may do other things we have no idea of, like add another retro character like Takamaru or Sukapon as a WTF character!

In a 40-character roaster, unless Sakurai does not do one of the above, Isaac probably will not make it in, but in the end, it depends on Sakurai's judgment. Let's hope he sees it our way... :(

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I doubt it's going to be exactly 40 in any case. Besides, he has to see that adding in a whole new series is better than adding a character from an existing series, especially one that isn't -highly- requested, the way Geno, Krystal, and Ridley are. Midna comes to mind as one of those not -very- highly requested characters that Isaac should beat for a spot.

By adding Isaac, Sakurai also adds a Golden Sun stage, Golden sun music, and opens up this game to Golden Sun fans that may not have otherwise bought Brawl(there are some out there, I'm sure). By adding say, Midna, he adds another representative, which I suppose Zelda deserves, but it already has Twilight Princess music, a Twilight Princess Stage, and Twilight Princess themed characters. So, other than the character itself, we wouldn't be getting anything special, because the Zelda fans will get Smash anyway just for Link, Zelda, and whoever else. Same goes for Ridley, Claus, Krystal, maybe even Geno.

Olimar is really the only character that's safe from this, because like Isaac, we would be getting not just the character, but also a stage, maybe Assist Trophies, music, a role in the Subspace Emissary, Pikmin fans, etc. etc.

I guess you can argue the same thing for Sukapon, Takamaru, etc. But keep in mind, Isaac comes from a series that is pretty well recognizable, and he is not Japan only.

This argument didn't even take into account that Isaac has amazing moveset capabilities, would fit well perfectly into the game(a problem that "odd" characters like Game and Watch, WW Link, etc might face), is 100% owned by Nintendo, etc. etc.

So you see, adding Isaac is smart. If he's not in, Sakurai either didn't look at him, or he wasn't a part of Sakurai's personal vision for Smash, but seeing as how, if what you said is true, he suggested Isaac himself, neither of these seem to be the case. I guess Isaac's only real thing is he's not extremely well known, but maybe that can work in his favor too, because Sakurai said he doesn't want to add only popular characters, and Isaac is just under the radar enough for Sakurai to take an interest.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If Isaac doesn't make it in I won't be very happy and honestly I probably won't enjoy the game as much.

Yeah, I said it. One of the huge factors in my enjoyment of the SSB series is the characters in it and them reminding me of the wonderful games I've played recently. Golden Sun is a great source of nostalgia (yeah, I have nostalgia over video games. XD), so Isaac has to be in.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
You do have a point there, I never saw it that way. I wonder if Sakurai sees it the way you do, if he were a great businessman, he would.

But there's still the question of the polls, who knows how popular this guy is in Japan, let me see if I can find somewhere that tells me how much Golden Sun sold there, in comparison to Europe and America...

In the end, it IS the Japanese fans who mainly decide what's in or out.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I totally agree with you Bassoonist. I mean, that's not to say I wouldn't enjoy the game at all, but I wouldn't be happy with it either. I had some good times with Golden Sun as well.

And Ruby, I think that may have been the case for the first two, but Sakurai definitely takes worldwide opinion into account nowadays, or North American opinion at least. Otherwise, Tingle would have been confirmed a long time ago.

Besides, popularity -still- isn't everything, but I just think Isaac is a solid choice all around. Of course, I'm heavily biased here, but I think I made a few good points with my last post.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Before I figured this thread or site even existed, not having Isaac in would just be a small inconvenience...

Now I'll feel really bad if he doesn't make it in. :(

D

Deleted member

I feel like pulling a Navi for Felix here...

Anyway, I feel for you. Just remember that stickers are badass.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Stickers have weird artwork, just look at the Ike one.

An Isaac sticker would probably have that weird picture of Isaac... Let me see if I can find it.

Ninja Kiyo

Smash Rookie
I doubt it's going to be exactly 40 in any case. Besides, he has to see that adding in a whole new series is better than adding a character from an existing series, especially one that isn't -highly- requested, the way Geno, Krystal, and Ridley are. Midna comes to mind as one of those not -very- highly requested characters that Isaac should beat for a spot.
I highly doubt characters actually compete for limited spots in Sakurai's mind. I think it's more like, if Sakurai sees a character he likes, he'll put him in. It's not like they're aiming for a particular number.

If Isaac doesn't make it in, it would be because Sakurai didn't want him in for some reason, not because some other character beat him too it.

That being said, I believe Isaac's chances are unaffected by the existence of others and are pretty good. One last time: Isaac for Brawl!!

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
Isaac for Brawl!

I'm looking forward to Brawl for many things, and Isaac is one of those most prominent things. I like the moveset and recolours that you guys came up with. My own moveset would be kinda similar, but I would add Isaac's "Spire" attack as Down+B:
Two spires come out of the ground at Isaac's left and right side, and stay rooted in the ground until destroyed/disappear over time. They do damage when the rise, or if you jump on top of them...

Whatever - go Isaac!

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Hmmm, I don't know. That could be the case, I guess. but time is also a great factor, I mean, Sakurai can't just snap his fingers and *poof*, Issac magically appears as a playable character in Brawl. And as we know, time changes everything.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I highly doubt characters actually compete for limited spots in Sakurai's mind. I think it's more like, if Sakurai sees a character he likes, he'll put him in. It's not like they're aiming for a particular number.

If Isaac doesn't make it in, it would be because Sakurai didn't want him in for some reason, not because some other character beat him too it.

That being said, I believe Isaac's chances are unaffected by the existence of others and are pretty good. One last time: Isaac for Brawl!!
Yeah, I suppose that's true, but there has to be a certain cutoff point for characters, I imagine 50 or so. Of course, If Isaac isn't in but there are 50 characters, I won't be one to complain(too much).

Matt Silver

Smash Journeyman
In a world where there is no Sakurai. Only Link...
Call me crazy, but my own SSBB "prophet" skills says Isaac is in some shape or form, and it's leaning towards Playable character. But then again, I've never predicted anything right so far, and my propheting sucks. But, once more again: Isaac for Brawl!

Btw, does anyone else get weird "Prophety" sense of Isaac? Or any other characters?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well I'm just really hoping Isaac is in.

He deserves to be in, and that's that. All we can do is hope Sakurai realized him.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
Haha yep. It's hard to believe we only have a few weeks to go until we find out if Isaac (and any other characters we may have wanted) made the cut. It was fun speculating and it's a shame to see all these character threads die but I can't wait for it all to be confirmed.

Fingers crossed.

Clumber

Smash Cadet
I fully support Isaac's inclusion in Brawl. I played and beat both Golden Sun games twice and I read through this ENTIRE thread before posting. I think he has a pretty good chance of being in Brawl, after reading what everyone in here has said. Assuming he is in...

I think that the best upB move for Isaac woul be retreat/teleport. It would be basically the animation from the game, only a faster version of it and you would aim the direction you wanted to go and reappear in a similar fashion after a second or less, in the direction you aimed. It would be able to travel through platforms.
Megiddo would not work for an upB because it is too fantastic of a move to be just a regular move like that, and if it was anything less than the awesomeness that it was in the Golden Sun games then it would be dissapointing.

For a sideB I think that it should possibly by Odyssey. It would just be the third sword that goes straight from Isaac towards the opponent. Ragnarok, which I think was less powerfully than Odyssey in the actual game would not work as well because of the angle it attacks from and the explosiveness of its impact. Odyssey could be reduced to a good Smash Bros move without losing as much.

downB or B would work best as either gaia or earthquake(but not both). It would be chargable (not storable) and be a better form of the attack the longer you charge. With more charge it would be more powerful and have a wider field of affect. Whichever move it is that gets in should have very little knockback but decent damage at lower charges, and at the highest charges it should increase a lot in knockback (upwards) but only moderately in damage.

Final smash would definitely be Judgement

Isaac's stage would definitely have to be a light house because that is that is the main point of the entire Golden Sun games. It is to light/prevent lighting the lighthouses. In particular, I think it should be the Venus lighthouse because...
A) It is the same element as Isaac, and so therefore the stage corresponds to him specifically
B) It has the most happening on it of all the lighthouses. It splits in half!
C) It is the final climactic battle of the first Golden Sun game, which is the one that Isaac had the staring role in

I know that most of this has already been said before, but I am just showing my support for the specific suggestions, there isn't really much to say for Isaac that hasn't already been discussed at some point in this thread.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
^Not to mention it has the best music in Golden Sun history.

And welcome to our small group; we aren't many, but at least you'll find refuge from all the flame wars and battles other characters have.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
Haha yep. It's hard to believe we only have a few weeks to go until we find out if Isaac (and any other characters we may have wanted) made the cut. It was fun speculating and it's a shame to see all these character threads die but I can't wait for it all to be confirmed.

Fingers crossed.
I am sad that all these threads that people work on will disappear after the game is released too.

Such fun times indeed.:(

I hope we will get a reasonable roster, With Isaac being in it of course.:)

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Yeah, going to these threads has pretty much been something I did every day. Not going to some of them because of some characters being axed/not being playable will feel odd...

But, hopefully this will be one of the lucky threads that I continue to go to.

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
I like the ideas floating around, but I think the movesets you guys are throwing around are a wee bit too flashy. Do you really think for his normal special moves he'll get all the epics like Odyssey or Megiddo? I'm guessing on lower rank attacks he could pull out more quickly, like the movement psynergies or earth moves, then one of those for a final. His character isn't going to be composed of all god moves.

Kilroy71

Smash Cadet
I don't see why they wouldn't put Issac in...He's amazing and so is Golden Sun...and if you made it right, he could have one of the most unique movesets in the game. I think that a moveset (even the A moves) should focus more on psyenergy and djinn than anything else. They're what make up the majority of the moves in Golden Sun. The God Summons that people include are too powerful, they should only be used for Final Smash. I don't know if we can just post our own movesets as we please...I can always delete this later if we can't though...

Neutral A's-Sword attacks.
A tilt >-Psyenergy Fist Punch (You know, the fist that performs techniques like "move" and "grab")
A tilt ^-Fist attacks above Issac
A tilt (down)-sword slash around him(has the yellow critical hit glow)
Smash >- Flint (uses the djinn to strike in front of him)
Smash ^- Another Earth Djinn attack (sorry, haven't played Golden Sun in a long time)
Smash (down)- Another Earth Djinn attack
Air Attacks-Sword attacks, and maybe weaker Djinn attacks.
Grab-Giant fist uses grab on opponent.
Grab(down)Flint attacks while opponent is held in the fist

B-Quake(can be charged up...I'm not sure whether the charge will determine the range or strength)
B>-Ragnarok
B^Venus Summon(Venus is summoned above Issac. , propels Issac upward to be used as a recover)
B(down)-Spire (Not exactly like spire from the game...Two thing spires rise from the ground beside Issac, sheilding him, or striking close enemies)

Final Smash-Super Awesome God Summon.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Let them whine, it never was a valid argument and will not deconfirm special characters who have great potential movesets, and not only use their sword. Isaac and Claus being two examples.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
Erm...what do you mean?
I mean, he's not wildly popular like Krystal, Ridley, Geno, and Olimar. Although, other than the popularity factor, I think he deserves the spot more than any of those guys(except maybe Olimar). The problem is, I can easily picture Sakurai just taking a casual glance at Isaac and saying "meh, Assist Trophy".

Hopefully not though, because he doesn't deserve that, and if they go through the trouble of giving him a 3D model just to be an AT, I will not be happy.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I doubt Sakurai was that blunt when it came to deciding who was an Assist Trophy. I'm sure that had much to do with the poll results. The only reason he added assist trophies was to let us have the characters we wanted (who weren't as popular or as deserving as the ones in the final roster). But we never know, maybe he happens to like Isaac and decides to add him as a character. I still haven't been able to find how well Golden Sun did in all the different regions; I thought I would be able to find that sort of information easily. But well, in a few weeks, we'll know his outcome.

Top Bottom