• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Well, I really love Golden Sun and I'd love to see it represented in Brawl. I've looked at some of the movesets people have come up with and while they seem decent, in some ways they still seem like generic swordsman to some extent. I guess what I'm saying is that if Isaac is in this game I really want him to be special and unique in a big way so that he really has a distinct flavor as a character.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Really? I'm sure if Isaac gets in his sword will only be used as standard attacks.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
I've looked through this thread some, but I'm just wondering something. Is Isaac just a character you'd LIKE to see in or is he a character you think actually has a chance? I'm actually quite neutral to him, but I'm just curious what you guys think his chances honestly are. There really aren't any wrong opinions since none of us know for sure, I'm just curious what you all are thinking.
Well, he may not have as much going for him as, say, Krystal or Olimar, but I think he's from a franchise that could use representation. If Sakurai is looking to add more new franchises, this one is one of the few new Nintendo owned ones that aren't in already.

But, obviously, I would love to see Isaac in just as a fan of the game.

Mr-Armageddon

Smash Apprentice
That is on a strictly need-to-know basis. If I to
Well, he may not have as much going for him as, say, Krystal or Olimar, but I think he's from a franchise that could use representation. If Sakurai is looking to add more new franchises, this one is one of the few new Nintendo owned ones that aren't in already.

But, obviously, I would love to see Isaac in just as a fan of the game.
True, he may not be as prioritized as those two, but Isaac is definitely in the top 5. Krystal, Ridley, Olimar, Isaac, and then maybe Geno.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I think there are a lot of characters that have him beat, but I'm hoping he makes it, even by the skin of his teeth.

Ninja Kiyo

Smash Rookie
I think there are a lot of characters that have him beat, but I'm hoping he makes it, even by the skin of his teeth.
I don't know. As far as unrepresented series go, there really are only Pikmin, Custom Robo, and Golden Sun. (Am I missing one?)

If the Dojo hasn't revealed any unlockables yet, I say Isaac has a pretty good chance.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Really? It was really easy for me to create a roster of 40 characters (which is a very likely amount for the final roster.) with Isaac and the majority of the deserving characters.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
Really? It was really easy for me to create a roster of 40 characters (which is a very likely amount for the final roster.) with Isaac and the majority of the deserving characters.
Yeah, like Armageddon said, I'd put him if not in the top 5, certainly the top 10. A lot of the characters people predict are modified veterans like WW Link, whose chances wouldn't impact Isaac.

So I'd say Krystal, Ridley, Olimar, Geno, Isaac. I'd put him ahead of Lucario and Ray from Custom Robo, and way ahead of Dark Samus, K. Rool(unfortunately) and the worst suggestion ever, Ashley.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I love Isaac. I love the Golden Sun franchise and I'm hoping I DON'T see Isaac's name before Brawl is released in Japan. If they release him beforehand, he won't be playable. I prefer him as an unlockable. But there's a rumor on the net that Isaac is suppose to be an assist. I was wondering what the hell. So I'm hoping that's not true. I'm hoping Sakurai DOESN'T RELEASE Isaac til Brawl's release and that's all. If we can get through the Dojo updates, then we know that all the things he hasn't released are probably secret unlockables. And we all have a definite shot he will be part of the roster. After all, if Sakurai is banking on worldwide success, this character is needed to attract Europe and America. ;)

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
I love Isaac. I love the Golden Sun franchise and I'm hoping I DON'T see Isaac's name before Brawl is released in Japan. If they release him beforehand, he won't be playable. I prefer him as an unlockable. But there's a rumor on the net that Isaac is suppose to be an assist. I was wondering what the hell. So I'm hoping that's not true. I'm hoping Sakurai DOESN'T RELEASE Isaac til Brawl's release and that's all. If we can get through the Dojo updates, then we know that all the things he hasn't released are probably secret unlockables. And we all have a definite shot he will be part of the roster. After all, if Sakurai is banking on worldwide success, this character is needed to attract Europe and America. ;)
the game is finished and are producing CDs now, Like Mario Galaxy expect a leak.

I for one just want the roster already, I want these stupid predictions and theories to stop.

Tell me is Isaac, Marth, Ridley, Ray, Animal Crosser are in the game or not!!:mad:

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
I thought Daedalus from TLA had the coolest animation. Like the giant robot with missiles shooting everywhere. That would be a good final smash.

D

Deleted member

Final smashes are annoying with GS characters. There's no clear cut option.

But hey, its Sakurai, and I guess it could be totally original!

If you're wondering, I always refer to "them" or "their" as I'm convinced Golden Sun will get two representatives, namely Isaac and Felix.

Merry Christmas.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
If a GS character got in, the only option for a Final Smash would be a summon. The "uber" psynergy could be minimized if it is implemented. For example, Ragnraok could possibly be a sword that is 2 times the size of Isaac, and it moves much quicker.

Now, for which summon....The two options I foresee as most plausible are Judgement and Iris. Judgement is the capital form of all pure Earth summons (Earth being Isaac's element), and Iris is the most powerful summon. Contenders would be Ramses and Cybele.

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I personally want Judgement as his Final Smash if Isaac is in due to keeping with the Earth motif. However, Iris is so beautiful and it would be so awe-inspiring to see what she would look like in Brawl.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Commenting on the FS talk a few pages back...

I wouldn't really like Megiddo to be Isaac's Final Smash. It's not really one of his attacks, given that it's a weapon unleash that can really be given to anyone. Also, it's not really that unique. Giant fireball. Woo. Mario already has that (To the guy that said it was a Golden Sun, it's not, sorry. :ohwell:) Judgment just fits better in my opinion.

Gennie

Smash Apprentice
I'm really for a djinn summon for Isaac's FS, Judgement mostly xP its the one that mostly fits in the FS category and in 3D it just would be MIGHTY xD dunno if Isaac summons him or rather he becomes judgement

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
the game is finished and are producing CDs now, Like Mario Galaxy expect a leak.
I'm suprised (and a little impressed) that the fake roster "leaks" haven't started to flow in given we know the game has gone gold now.

How long do we reckon until it's spoiled for real? I give it a week from today.

zagman505

Smash Cadet
well, the japan launch date is only a few weeks away anyway (it releases in japan one day before my birthday!) so hopefully we'll find out the final roster sometime soon, and isaac better be on it XD

as for the FS, i think that megiddo wouldn't really work as one, it'd probably be better as an up+b move or something... best FS for isaac would probably be judgment, but really any one of the higher level summons would work fine. eclipse, daedalus, catastrophe, charon and iris would all be great as an FS, i think.

i think it'd be cool if isaac started off with only judgment as his FS, but you could find and pick up summon tablets while playing that would add another summon to his possible FS. then, when he uses a FS, the game picks a random one from the list of summons he's found and uses that. the effects of the summons would basically be the same, with a few slight differences between each one (like iris would heal isaac, charon would have a chance of instantly KO'ing an opponent, etc).

or summon tablets could be an item similar to assist trophies? O.o pick one up and see a summon devastate the field for you... but that'd probably be a little too powerful.

oh, i was trying to think of a good item from GS that could be in brawl, but at the moment all i've come up with are the catch beads which would act a bit like the franklin badge. i was thinking maybe if you have the catch beads, if somebody throws a projectile like you, if you shield when it hits the catch beads will activate and it'll show the psynergy being used, and you'll end up holding the item. this would be useful for things like bob-ombs, mines, pokeballs, etc that activate after being thrown once, it would prevent it from activating and let you use the item instead.

wow long post, and what happened to the new thread?

edit- oh, i just had another thought. what if isaac's FS was judgment, but you had a small chance of getting catastrophe instead? they're very similar summons (at least in terms of appearance), so it would basically be the same FS, just stronger.

Penguyen

Smash Journeyman
I wish mia was playable.. Other than that Isaac is my most anticipated character to join brawl :D

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Golden Sun could have many cool items. Like mentioned earlier, a Summon Tablet could be added as an item to possibly summon some level 2 summons (Kirin, Atalant, Ramses e.c.t.). Those could be added as ATs though, so another item that could be suitable is the Psynergy Crystal. It randomly gives you a psynergy (one that Isaac does not have if he makes it). For example, you may pick it up and cast frost. This would have icicle shards fall onto a foe and potentially freeze them. Another psynergy could be fume, Using it would have a large flaming dragon come out of your head (<_<) and attack a foe.

Arteen

Smash Lord
... so another item that could be suitable is the Psynergy Crystal. It randomly gives you a psynergy (one that Isaac does not have if he makes it). For example, you may pick it up and cast frost. This would have icicle shards fall onto a foe and potentially freeze them. Another psynergy could be fume, Using it would have a large flaming dragon come out of your head (<_<) and attack a foe.
That's a pretty cool idea. I like it!

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
Golden Sun is second only to Pokemon of the portable games I've played. I hope one of the characters gets representation, but I especially want at least the awesome original Golden Sun battle theme in the game. Playing smash to a revamped version of that would make the game. Imagine what an awesome stage could be made of the tops of the lighthouses too, hmm? The harrowing set of three towers with the orb glowing in the background? I would find that awesome.

Back to Isaac as a character. I see being less of a strongarm swordsman like Ike or Link, but being more of a speed attack base, reminiscent of the frames in the GBA. I could see him having a special like Fox's dash where he can rush forward at an abnormal speed briefly and strike. I see him neither being a fast or slow character, but far more variable in motion, as in the game, he was capable of effectively using slow, deliberate moves like Ragnarok to the high speed of the ninja or samurai class.

I am, however, worried about the art of bringing him into the Smash Bros universe. This may require he have a back story in the emissary, and Weyard is a bit ambiguous a place to get involved in the tumble of worlds. Also, the dreaded truth is he's going to need to have a voice.

The Nintendo ownership of the franchise and fact that the composer already is part of the work on the game gives me faith that this is possible. I'm happy with the details of the game already, but this would be very welcome if it were done.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
Golden Sun is second only to Pokemon of the portable games I've played. I hope one of the characters gets representation, but I especially want at least the awesome original Golden Sun battle theme in the game. Playing smash to a revamped version of that would make the game. Imagine what an awesome stage could be made of the tops of the lighthouses too, hmm? The harrowing set of three towers with the orb glowing in the background? I would find that awesome.

Back to Isaac as a character. I see being less of a strongarm swordsman like Ike or Link, but being more of a speed attack base, reminiscent of the frames in the GBA. I could see him having a special like Fox's dash where he can rush forward at an abnormal speed briefly and strike. I see him neither being a fast or slow character, but far more variable in motion, as in the game, he was capable of effectively using slow, deliberate moves like Ragnarok to the high speed of the ninja or samurai class.

I am, however, worried about the art of bringing him into the Smash Bros universe. This may require he have a back story in the emissary, and Weyard is a bit ambiguous a place to get involved in the tumble of worlds. Also, the dreaded truth is he's going to need to have a voice.

The Nintendo ownership of the franchise and fact that the composer already is part of the work on the game gives me faith that this is possible. I'm happy with the details of the game already, but this would be very welcome if it were done.
Well, they had to give Captain Falcon and Ness voices, and those turned out fine. They'll probably just use Ike's or Link's voice actors, since all Isaac would say is stuff like "Hyah!" when he slashes and the like. Also, he doesn't -necessarily- need some backstory to be in SSE. Mario and Kirby just start off fighting each other, and Zelda and Peach are spectating, none of which has anything to do with any of their games. Isaac could just be fighting against some Primid when like..Snake or somebody stumbles into him.

Or, he could not appear in SSE and be unlockable through another method, whatever.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Golden Sun could have many cool items. Like mentioned earlier, a Summon Tablet could be added as an item to possibly summon some level 2 summons (Kirin, Atalant, Ramses e.c.t.). Those could be added as ATs though, so another item that could be suitable is the Psynergy Crystal. It randomly gives you a psynergy (one that Isaac does not have if he makes it). For example, you may pick it up and cast frost. This would have icicle shards fall onto a foe and potentially freeze them. Another psynergy could be fume, Using it would have a large flaming dragon come out of your head (<_<) and attack a foe.
I've had this idea for the longest time of a Jenna AT, where once she appears, she casts Fume in the exact same arch motion you see in the games. Hopefully we'll see most of the party members through AT's.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I was just giving my 2 cents.
Your 2 cents is ignorant.

It's hilarious that you support Roy yet bash Isaac. If you knew anything about Isaac you'd know that his moveset wouldn't be based around a sword.

Hippochinfat

Smash Ace
Your 2 cents is ignorant.

It's hilarious that you support Roy yet bash Isaac. If you knew anything about Isaac you'd know that his moveset wouldn't be based around a sword.
How is it ignorant? I know it wouldn't be totally be based around his sword, but knowing sakurai I bet mostof his moves would be based around that. I support roy because I liked him in melee and I like fire emblem. Jeez. I just don't want more newcomers with swords and big anime eyes and hair and I don't like golden sun.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
What do you know about Sakurai, the fact that he always plays mind games and does stuff that no one expects?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
How is it ignorant? I know it wouldn't be totally be based around his sword, but knowing sakurai I bet mostof his moves would be based around that. I support roy because I liked him in melee and I like fire emblem. Jeez. I just don't want more newcomers with swords and big anime eyes and hair and I don't like golden sun.
I'm sorry... It's just Roy fits exactly what you're parading against. :ohwell:

Trust me, in order for Isaac to get Sakurai's attention. Sakurai would have to realize he's more than a sword user.

Besides I don't see what you have against swords. There aren't that many of them in the game, people like to overexaggerate that alot, I've realized.

Top Bottom