• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Arteen

Smash Lord
Hell, I'm european and Isaac is really well-known around here (at least in Spain). I don't know even a single one gamer that doesn't know who he is. And that comments about Europe... Hey, we have rights too, even if most people around here are americans D:
I don't think I was clear in what I meant. What I meant was that even Europe got the games, even though many games don't make it there, especially considering how Nintendo doesn't seem to care that much about the continent. Super Paper Mario for example, took half a year to make it across to Australia and Europe, and many games don't make it at all. Other companies put more effort into releasing major titles internationally within a very short timespan (Halo 3 for example was released in EU only one day after the NA release, and in JP only two days after the NA release). I guess Nintendo just doesn't like that continent that much. :urg:

Including Isaac would be great since Golden Sun is so popular in Europe (I didn't know that he was as popular as you said though, but I've heard that he's especially popular in Europe.). It would be a chance to include characters that aren't simply popular in Japan or even North America. Of course, Europe still gets screwed over by a later release date, but at least you get Isaac?

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
So you're saying Isaac will get in over Ridley, I doubt it.

But with everything else, I agree.
Not quite. I understand Ridley's chances are way higher, but Isaac would be a...Well, I'm not really sure how to put it. He's not more likely than Ridley, just more deserving, as far as I'm concerned, but I guess I'm biased.

What I meant by being in a better position is that Isaac comes from a new series as opposed to an already established series in Smash, and it just seems like a better choice to add in important characters from as many series as possible, as opposed to less important characters from series that already have representation(Looking at you, Ashley).

ThreeX

Smash Lord
Isaac = beast ^^; been playing through golden sun 1 all over again just cause it's beautiful <3.. that'd be so nasty if isaac got into brawl (even though i kinda liked felix' design better, but eeh w/e.. and alex is pretty sick looking too) but anyways.. mmhm, isaac for brawl plz @_@

rblair

Smash Cadet
For the movesets for the new thread i think you should include screenshots for each move from the game. so people know what say, ragnarok or spire look like. pretty sure theres a screenie of every move on one of the major GS fansites. That`d be a nice addition:)

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
Hello Isaac supporters.

Recently me and some other posters were discussing what would be a good "icon" for the GS series. I made two quick examples to give a rough idea of what they would look like:

Djinni: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/Dark_Random/GSicondjinni.jpg

Lighthouse: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/Dark_Random/GSiconlighthouse.jpg

They don't look very good because they were put together quickly to give a rough indication, that's why they don't look so good.

EDIT: Just found out someone made a much better Djinni one:

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4684/worldb24mq7.jpg

Anyway which would you prefer/think looks better? I want to gather a few opinions.

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
I think the djinn icon would work out better. Why? Because i didn't even (clearly) recognize a lighthouse in the other picture. (no offense) :ohwell:

Will the new thread be done within this week? Or the next?

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
What about the Golden Sun symbol in the title screen for the icon? Or would it be too similar to the Mother icon?

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
This has been bothering me (a lot!), so i thought of asking about it here:
Is Isaac called Issac in the US (Japan?), or why do people write his name so?

//Ok, so is he called Issac in the US?

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
...You mean like your Shadow? Or greater?

I like the Dijnn one, I can totally see that as his icon.

Isaac doesn't have bad chances at all really... It's more like other characters have good chances and just simply overpower Isaac in terms of games and popularity. That and Sakurai's judgment.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
Hello Isaac supporters.

Recently me and some other posters were discussing what would be a good "icon" for the GS series. I made two quick examples to give a rough idea of what they would look like:

Djinni: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/Dark_Random/GSicondjinni.jpg

Lighthouse: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a340/Dark_Random/GSiconlighthouse.jpg

They don't look very good because they were put together quickly to give a rough indication, that's why they don't look so good.

EDIT: Just found out someone made a much better Djinni one:

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4684/worldb24mq7.jpg

Anyway which would you prefer/think looks better? I want to gather a few opinions.
Yeah, Djinn is the way to go. I can't see anything else that would represent the Golden Sun series better.

And as far as Isaac's chances go, I believe they are really good. Personally, I'd go so far as to say that he has the best chances of all 1st and 2nd party characters after Ridley and Krystal. That's how faithful I am of Isaac. He has tremendous moveset possibilities, represents a highly popular series that Nintendo themselves asked for a sequel to, and has multiple letters worth of Sakurai's interest. Well only two letters, but that's still good.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I agree the Colosso Battle Theme would fit very well in Brawl. Not as well as Venus Lighthouse, but hey, can't we have them all thanks to "My Music"? :laugh:

Just to let you guys know I'm still working on the topic. I'm slow and I've kind of procrastinated... Don't kill me.:laugh:

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
This has been bothering me (a lot!), so i thought of asking about it here:
Is Isaac called Issac in the US (Japan?), or why do people write his name so?

//Ok, so is he called Issac in the US?
Nah, it's Isaac with 2 A's, but we Americans are (for the most part) too illiterate to worry about such trivialities as syntax and grammar, amirite?

ßruK

Smash Apprentice
I was just wondering... can Isaac Borrow some of his attack's from Marth/Roy moveset? In case Marth isn't in.... I mean, NOT the entire moveset, (obviously not the specials) but maybe some??

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I was just wondering... can Isaac Borrow some of his attack's from Marth/Roy moveset? In case Marth isn't in.... I mean, NOT the entire moveset, (obviously not the specials) but maybe some??
Marth will be in. -_-

I don't really understand what you're getting out anyways? You mean Isaac using sword attacks for standard moves? I don't understand why they'd have to be Marth's.

Pulse

Smash Apprentice
Isaac fights with long swords, mostly. His sword would likley be fairly long, but such a weapon also makes for decreased agillity. Most, if not all of Marth and Roy's attacks focus on being quick to swing the weapon, something that would be difficult for Isaac. Besides, every sign points towards Marth's return, so I wouldn't worry about it much.=)

Edit: Dang, too late.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
To answer your question, Isaac is the main character of Golden Sun, and a party member in Golden Sun: The Lost Age. It was an incredibly unique game, revolving around the use of magical powers called Psynergy. Go and give it a whirl, it should be down to 10 bucks or less by now.

We all want him in Brawl not only because his game was awesome, but because he has the potential for an incredibly unique moveset, and all the great music from his games would be a welcome addition to Brawl.
Yeah, I might take a gander on this game. It sounds pretty interesting with one character already.

RandomGuy42

Smash Journeyman
To prepare myself for Isaac's appearance in the game, I started to play Golden Sun once again. It's been a couple of years since the last time.

And now I know which song I want to hear in the game: The Battle Theme played during the Colosso fights! That's freakin AWESOME!

http://208.53.158.138/soundtracks/golden-sun-the-lost-age/vavndjgzor/64-the-men-who-cleave-steel.mp3
There is definitely a few tunes I'd like to hear, such as the obvious Venus Lighthouse tune (Venus Lighthouse Aerie for stage, also!), mabe Mars Lighthouse too. Definitely a few of the battle tunes, maybe even a medley of the battle tunes or overworld tunes. Then there are a few random ones that I think could fit, like the Tolbi-bound ship song.

And thanks for the opinions, guys.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Here's a Golden Sun pic I drew just recently:

Just seemed appropriate for this topic ;)

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I love that picture. It looks really nice.

I forgot how awesome that song was, I'd like to see it in too.

A remix of all the battle themes? My ears would explode in utter enjoyment!

Boofer

Smash Ace
Anybody notice that 15 of the top 20 characters from the melee poll made it into the game by brawl (in some form)?

1) Koopa [Super Mario series]: 169 (Bowser)
(2) Princess Peach [Super Mario series]: 66
(3) Wario [Super Mario series]: 65
(4) Great King Dedede [Kirby of the Stars series]: 46
(5) Ganon(dorf) [Legend of Zelda]: 36
(6) James Bond [GoldenEye 007]: 35
(6) Mewtwo [Pocket Monsters]: 35
(8) Banjo & Kazooie [Banjo & Kazooie's Big Adventure]: 33 ([Banjo-Kazooie])
(9) Kinopio [Super Mario series]: 27 (Toad)
(10) Mew [Pocket Monsters]: 24

(11) Marth [Fire Emblem]: 21
(12) Dosei-san [Mother 2]: 18 (Mr. Saturn [Earthbound])
(12) Satoshi (main character) [Pocket Monsters]: 18
(12) character from Fire Emblem [Fire Emblem]: 18
(15) Gooey [Kirby of the Stars series]: 17
(16) Diddy Kong [Donkey Kong series]: 15
(16) Sukapon [Joy Mecha Fight]: 15
(18) someone from Pokemon [Pocket Monsters]: 12
(19) Meta Knight [Kirby of the Stars series]: 11
(19) Lugia [Pocket Monsters]: 11

I didn't know the poll was that credible. Now I truly believe he'll be in the game in some form. It better not be as an effing AT though.

Top Bottom