• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I think most people here expect Ragnarok as a move, so Titan Blade would just be another ethereal sword attack, while Megiddo would be more interesting. I always gave the Sol Blade to Isaac and I've always liked him more.
Regardless of who you chose to give the Sol Blade to, it is more synonymous with Felix because he gets it first and Isaac ends his game with the Gaia Blade. Plus Megiddo seems like anything but practical.

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of who you chose to give the Sol Blade to, it is more synonymous with Felix because he gets it first and Isaac ends his game with the Gaia Blade. Plus Megiddo seems like anything but practical.
But Megiddo is the most powerful release in the game, so it would be a logical option.

And respectively Sol Blade is the strongest (?) sword in the game, so if only one Golden Sun character would come (Isaac/Felix), then he would probably use the Sol Blade/Megiddo.

//And they could easily make it practical, right?

Arteen

Smash Lord
Well, they did add sailing, an 8-character party, and multielemental summons to the game. Anyways, I'm fine with how TLA was simply the second half of GS1, rather than a full-fledged Golden Sun 2. It facilitated the awesome data transfer feature in TLA. My only issue is that the story wasn't directed as well, especially after obtaining the boat, making it difficult to figure out where to go next. And I think it was only one-and-a-half years between games, and less than a year between the Japanese releases, at least according to Wikipedia.

But the player can just as easily give it to Isaac as they can give it to Felix. Keep in mind that the sword could be given to either of them, not specifically one of them. It's slightly more fitting for Felix to have it, but that doesn't mean that it's not fitting to give it to Isaac, or that it's synonymous with Felix, since it's the strongest Venus-elemental blade and can be wielded by either of the two Venus adepts. If the designers like Megiddo and like Isaac, then Isaac will get that move, because as other movesets show, fun and playability can outprioritize canon.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Does it really matter which sword he's given? It really wouldnt effect his strength, and I really think his final smash will be Judgement (even though catastrophe would be epic...)

Zevox

Smash Lord
I'm afraid Judgement and Catastrophe would only become clones of Metaknight's instant damage FS.
Pardon me, but: how the hell would that work? Metaknight's FS has him swing his cape and, if he catches anyone with it, slash his foes from the darkness. Judgment/Catastrophe summon a massive warrior to fire a blast of devastating energy at the battlefield. I see no possible similarities there. The closest FS we have to such now is Lucas' PK Starstorm.

Zevox

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
Pardon me, but: how the hell would that work? Metaknight's FS has him swing his cape and, if he catches anyone with it, slash his foes from the darkness. Judgment/Catastrophe summon a massive warrior to fire a blast of devastating energy at the battlefield. I see no possible similarities there. The closest FS we have to such now is Lucas' PK Starstorm.

Zevox
It worked that way? So it's not like you can't dodge the attack? Man, i feel stupid. :dizzy:
But either way, those summons wouldn't work.

You probably couldn't dodge them, and they should have massive attack power,
so they would be too good. That's what i were trying to say.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
But Megiddo is the most powerful release in the game,
In Golden Sun Lost Age. Isaac isn't even the essential main character of that chapter so its not unreasonable to thing that they would base Isaac mostly off of GS chapter 1.

If the designers like Megiddo and like Isaac, then Isaac will get that move, because as other movesets show, fun and playability can outprioritize canon.
Of course if the designers like Megiddo he'll get it. But it goes both ways for Titian Blade too. Just because Megiddo is the strongest release (which it isn't, Legend is) doesn't mean he'll automatically get the attack. Plus don't you think it would make more sense for the inevitable Felix AT (if Isaac is playable) to get Megiddo, since by your own admission "it's slightly more fitting for Felix to have it".

Arteen

Smash Lord
It worked that way? So it's not like you can't dodge the attack? Man, i feel stupid. :dizzy:
But either way, those summons wouldn't work.

You couldn't probably dodge them, and they should have massive attack power,
so they would be too good. That's what i were trying to say.
What, just because an attack annihilates half a continent, you think it's overpowered? ;) I think they could still work.
Judgment: The angel/knight drops down from the heavens, aims his lion-cannon down, charges it, and it fires an energy bolt down the center of the stage. The beam hits the ground and makes a spherical explosion of blue energy, and then a shockwave emanates from either side. The appearance and charging sequence would be more than enough time to run away, and then players far enough away could jump over the shockwave, or perhaps shield from it. It doesn't seem any more undodgeable than Mario's. They could also modify Judgment somewhat, too, so it wouldn't necessarily behave exactly as it does in the games.

Plus don't you think it would make more sense for the inevitable Felix AT (if Isaac is playable) to get Megiddo, since by your own admission "it's slightly more fitting for Felix to have it".
Well, I don't think that a Felix AT is inevitable, and Felix could do a lot more than just Megiddo as an AT attack. He is a Venus adept after all, so I would expect him to use earthy attacks as an AT, instead of Megiddo. Depending on what psynergy Isaac uses, he could cast Wild Growth, or Grand Gaia, or Quake Sphere, or Stone Spire, or some of the other Venus psynergy. I think that would be cooler that using Megiddo.

Arteen

Smash Lord
how many games does Golden Sun have?
There are two games out already, titled Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age. Nintendo and Camelot (the developer) both want to make a third, but Camelot simply hasn't gotten around to it yet.

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
What, just because an attack annihilates half a continent, you think it's overpowered? ;) I think they could still work.
Judgment: The angel/knight drops down from the heavens, aims his lion-cannon down, charges it, and it fires an energy bolt down the center of the stage. The beam hits the ground and makes a spherical explosion of blue energy, and then a shockwave emanates from either side. The appearance and charging sequence would be more than enough time to run away, and then players far enough away could jump over the shockwave, or perhaps shield from it. It doesn't seem any more undodgeable than Mario's. They could also modify Judgment somewhat, too, so it wouldn't necessarily behave exactly as it does in the games.
I think your shield would break pretty quickly of that. :lick:

But, if you think about it that way, it might just work.

Well, I don't think that a Felix AT is inevitable, and Felix could do a lot more than just Megiddo as an AT attack. He is a Venus adept after all, so I would expect him to use earthy attacks as an AT, instead of Megiddo. Depending on what psynergy Isaac uses, he could cast Wild Growth, or Grand Gaia, or Quake Sphere, or Stone Spire, or some of the other Venus psynergy. I think that would be cooler that using Megiddo.
Well, i personally think Megiddo would still beat all of those, but that's a matter of opinion.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Well, I don't think that a Felix AT is inevitable
Why not? So far most of the franchises that are represented in Brawl with playable characters also have ATs that are important to their series. And the ones that don't I'm sure will get some soon enough. Why wouldn't they do the same for Golden Sun if Isaac was playable?

Zevox

Smash Lord
Considering even the third party series are getting ATs (I'm looking at Grey Fox, plus how all the Sonic fans hope to see Tails and Knuckles), I'd certainly think that if Isaac makes it playable, we'll see someone from GS as an AT too. Felix is one strong possibility, to be sure, though I must wonder if we might not see someone like Alex or a Saturos/Menardi tag team instead.

Zevox

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
Considering even the third party series are getting ATs (I'm looking at Grey Fox, plus how all the Sonic fans hope to see Tails and Knuckles), I'd certainly think that if Isaac makes it playable, we'll see someone from GS as an AT too. Felix is one strong possibility, to be sure, though I must wonder if we might not see someone like Alex or a Saturos/Menardi tag team instead.

Zevox
Or The Sage One xDDD it would be pretty "WTF".

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
The Wise One? That'd be cool, but nobody knows how he fights.
The best assist trophy... would be
Kraden
Yeah, Wise One >_> I played the game in spanish and didn't know his english name.

FOR THE EPIC WIN!!!

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
The Wise One? That'd be cool, but nobody knows how he fights.
The best assist trophy would be
Kraden
. Or Alex.
lol, The Wise One could summon some a big Giga Bowser sized Fusion Dragon that has a ton of HP and everyone has to work together to take it down. Tha'd be cool ^_^

Or what was the last boss three-headed dragon in GS2 called, i forgot.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I think Alex should be an AT. In the beginning of GS2, Alex does that thing where he summons water under the soldiers. He could do that :)

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
He could look at you. To death!
He certainly blew Alex away just by "staring" at him.

I think Alex should be an AT. In the beginning of GS2, Alex does that thing where he summons water under the soldiers. He could do that :)
Thats the problem I see with Alex as either an AT or playable character. We have only seen the smallest extent of what Alex can do. Let me list off what we've seen: Teleportation, Healing, and Frost(IIRC). I just wish they actually showed some of what he can do.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
He can also climb mountains :]. Besides that's why it would make sense for him to be an AT. He only uses one thing, rather than a whole moveset on people.

Boofer

Smash Ace
Is it just me, or is Isaac's popularity rising? It seems he is on most people's expected lists now...I'd say that's pretty good news.

Aqua Rock X

Smash Ace
The Doom Dragon had crazy power. I've only battled him once in my life, and that was back in May 2004 when he PWNed me hard with some kind of ultimate move. If he's assist trophy caliber, then what does that say about my playing skill? >.>

The Doom Dragon is too good to be an AT, he should be an SSE boss.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Is it just me, or is Isaac's popularity rising? It seems he is on most people's expected lists now...I'd say that's pretty good news.
That's what I've been noticing, and I'd like to shamelessly take some of the credit for that, along with a lot of the people from this thread, since I'm usually the first to point out a lack of Isaac on people's character lists.

I hope that this popularity isn't too little too late, and that Sakurai puts him in the game.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Wow...You guys should make a club for this :Laugh:.
Anyhow i fully support isaac and his franchise is quite popular to get a rep in Smash Bros easily (Isaac...) As it was also the number one most requested music on sakurai's polls AND Camelot has yet to get a rep which is the only big 2nd Party left without one, I Think he would make a perfectly fine addition so let's hope he's in :).

Arteen

Smash Lord
Anyhow i fully support isaac and his franchise is quite popular to get a rep in Smash Bros easily (Isaac...) As it was also the number one most requested music on sakurai's polls AND Camelot has yet to get a rep which is the only big 2nd Party left without one, I Think he would make a perfectly fine addition so let's hope he's in :).
Thank goodness Waluigi wasn't Camelot's rep. :urg:

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
That's what I've been noticing, and I'd like to shamelessly take some of the credit for that, along with a lot of the people from this thread, since I'm usually the first to point out a lack of Isaac on people's character lists.

I hope that this popularity isn't too little too late, and that Sakurai puts him in the game.
I'll take some credit too. Maybe as more characters are given the AT treatment he's becoming more noticed simply because it hasn't happened to him yet. Golden Sun will be represented in the game in some shape or form that's for sure and the more AT's that are confirmed the higher my hopes are raised. To see Isaac in 3d for the first time would be truly amazing and I continue to look forward to his confirmation.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
No clubs...

We don't need to become like that monstrous club dedicated to an overrated character that will never make it into Brawl... probably not even as an AT.

*enough of that.*

Yes.. Isaac best be playable. I hope Sakurai realized that he is truly a unique character. Really I want him in for memories sake as well. It's been over 5 years since I got Golden Sun... One of my favorite parts of the SSB series is nostalgia. We need the stage and the music and everything!

zagman505

Smash Cadet
yeah, seeing stafy and waluigi turn up as AT's has boosted my hope for isaac as a playable character a bit =)

as for the AT's... i think alex would make a better playable character, but doom dragon and dullahan i think would make awesome AT's or bosses in SE. and of course we could always have other characters like saturos/menardi, agatio/karst, garet, jenna, etc as AT's.

and i agree, the nostalgia factor is a big thing for me too. that said, they better have the music for venus and mars lighthouse, they were by far my favorite songs in the game (those and the world map theme after you get the full party)

Arteen

Smash Lord
Alex would certainly make a great playable character, if only Golden Sun got two reps. I'll be ecstatic even if we just get Isaac.

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
i think alex would make a better playable character
... But the problem is, that he has never used any other offensive move than the water pillar in TLA:s beginning.

Good to hear Isaac is gaining popularity tough. Maybe Sakurai will notice how many fans he has...

//
We need the stage and the music and everything!
If we get a stage, i'll definitely hope for a lighthouse. What else could represent the game more? (Sol Sanctum?)

zagman505

Smash Cadet
hm. it is true that we haven't seen alex use much psynergy (teleport, water pillar, heal, frost?) but you could just give him some of mia or piers' psynergy, since they're all mercury adepts. i know that wouldn't be as great, but the main reason i want alex as a playable character is because he's important to the plot and is a really cool character as a whole.

and as for stages... definitely the lighthouses would work, sol sanctum might, but what about the ships? it could sail/fly around, stage hazards could be enemies or even bosses like kraken or poseidon... or perhaps one of the deserts, or maybe anemos sanctum? dno.

Top Bottom