• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Arteen

Smash Lord
hm. it is true that we haven't seen alex use much psynergy (teleport, water pillar, heal, frost?) but you could just give him some of mia or piers' psynergy, since they're all mercury adepts. i know that wouldn't be as great, but the main reason i want alex as a playable character is because he's important to the plot and is a really cool character as a whole.
He could also use that water-shield-like move depicted in his character art if needed. Anyways, I agree. He could easily use Mia's and Piers's psynergy. Diamond Berg would rock. He could probably use some of the unleashes too. I honestly wouldn't mind the canon being a bit blurred if the tradeoff would be a great moveset. As for a final smash, even though he doesn't seem to use djinni, I think a summon would still work. Probably not Boreas, since the Ice Climbers have a similar-enough final smash. I'd prefer he use one of the multi-elemental summons. Iris, Azul, Coatlicue, Eclipse, Ulysses, and Moloch all use Mercury djinni.

and as for stages... definitely the lighthouses would work, sol sanctum might, but what about the ships? it could sail/fly around, stage hazards could be enemies or even bosses like kraken or poseidon... or perhaps one of the deserts, or maybe anemos sanctum? dno.
I much prefer Venus Lighthouse, since it's just begging to be a stage, and by default it has awesome music. I haven't really thought about what a second stage would be like. If he only gets one, then I think that it just has to be a lighthouse. If he gets two, the ship could be pretty neat.

Not Anemos though. The only way to make Anemos properly would be to include Dullahan as a stage hazard who appears on stage and kills players three times a minute. That just wouldn't be fun. ;)

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Saturos' Battle Theme has to be in the game. It is my favourite tune out of Golden Sun and it gave the fight on Mercury Light House a somehow "epic" feel.

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
Saturos' Battle Theme has to be in the game. It is my favourite tune out of Golden Sun and it gave the fight on Mercury Light House a somehow "epic" feel.
Yeah, it's my favourite (battle) music too.
If the lighthouse would have to be a specific one, i'd go with Mars. Man, i just love the purple lightning storm in that place. :cool:

zagman505

Smash Cadet
hm. yeah, after listening to it again, the music in that battle is pretty awesome. after that, my favorite battle music would probably be jenna's battle music. it's not really epic or anything, but i've always liked it the most out of the 3 main battle themes available.

and yeah i think most people would choose between either venus or mars lighthouses, if it had to be a single lighthouse. i would personally pick mars lighthouse, though. but i seem to remember somebody posting an idea for a brawl stage where it switched around between various lighthouses?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I think Venus Lighthouse is the best pick. It would naturally have to have that awesome music that goes with Venus Lighthouse, and then it could have Saturos's theme (because it's perfect for Brawl too.), as well as the overworld theme from TLA after you get the whole theme.

Having that and having Isaac as playable just can't be beaten.:laugh:

There are other songs from the games I was thinking of. They might not seem to work, but I think they may: The Elemental Stars (YouTube it if you don't know what it is.), the forest theme, and Lemuria (I'm kind of biased because I like this one a lot.)

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
No clubs...

We don't need to become like that monstrous club dedicated to an overrated character that will never make it into Brawl... probably not even as an AT.

*enough of that.*

Yes.. Isaac best be playable. I hope Sakurai realized that he is truly a unique character. Really I want him in for memories sake as well. It's been over 5 years since I got Golden Sun... One of my favorite parts of the SSB series is nostalgia. We need the stage and the music and everything!
Why not D:? We could be the Isaac Alliance or I.S.A.A.C. [/sarcasm to the other clubs]

Kidding of course ;).

Anyhow about isaac...Seeing as his franchise was quite succesful and Camelot doesen't have a represenitive yet; I Should also note how Isaac got Two entries in sakurai's journal (One was for "Random golden sun character" While one was isaac and another was felix but the "Random golden sun character" Goes to isaac's favor.) His franchise has done insanely well for a portable one And has become very popular; His MUSIC Was the most requested on sakurai's polls and FINALLY Seeing how sakurai has only cut off sword players who don't bring anything interesting to the crowd as he is an overall magic user...

I Suggest not to worry to much about his spot :p.

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
I think Venus Lighthouse is the best pick. It would naturally have to have that awesome music that goes with Venus Lighthouse, and then it could have Saturos's theme (because it's perfect for Brawl too.), as well as the overworld theme from TLA after you get the whole theme.

Having that and having Isaac as playable just can't be beaten.:laugh:

There are other songs from the games I was thinking of. They might not seem to work, but I think they may: The Elemental Stars (YouTube it if you don't know what it is.), the forest theme, and Lemuria (I'm kind of biased because I like this one a lot.)
The Elemental Stars is one of the most iconic songs of Golden Sun, so that might work.
But the Forest Requiem and Ruins of Lemuria are a bit too slow to fit in smash. :ohwell:

Also, they could make the stage Mars Lighthouse, but add a different music. Like the music of Venus Lighthouse in Mars Lighthouse.

//Oh, and a thing about the moveset i just noticed: Why isn't Isaac using any Djinn in that moveset? They are an important part of GS, so they should be an important part of his moveset as well.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Because Dijnn may make Isaac too complicated, I don't know..

Yeah, Venus Lighthouse song and Saturos' Battle Theme for the win! :)

I have never had as much confidence about Isaac making the cut as a playable character than I do now.

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
Because Dijnn may make Isaac too complicated, I don't know..

Yeah, Venus Lighthouse song and Saturos' Battle Theme for the win! :)

I have never had as much confidence about Isaac making the cut as a playable character than I do now.
I don't think they would, because i thought of something like, each directional B move has its own Djinn... or something like that. It wouldn't be that complicated. :p

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
It's a decent moveset, i think. But would Quake work?
Would it affect the whole stage, or the platform Isaac is on?
I was thinking that Quake would damage everyone in a "short" radius. It would not work like DK's move as this one is released in single spurts and does more damage. I could alter the moveset to this:

^B Growth/Retreat
>B Flint/Oddysey
NB Spire
vB Ragnarok

FS Judgement

Haddad-07

Smash Cadet
fSorry I also created a Isaac Topic but i will delete it.

In my opinion the B moves Should Be the 4 djinn
Down B Earth djinn(flint) - Kinda like dk's down b
Side b water djinn(shade) - creates a shield that reflects things
Neutral b Fire Djinn- ( fury) ghostly figures appear and stun the enemy
Up b Wind djinn (gust) lifts up isaac if he hit an opponent hey will recieve damage

and his a moves should be sword swipes he could be a bit like the new marth. But with a decent recovery.

But thats just my opinion

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
I've heard of other people wanting Isaac too, but I don't have a clue to as who he is. :psycho:

He seems like a interesting character with having a sword but not completely using it all the time, with all the moves that was given he is an element character? I dunno who he is, but he's on my Brawllist now.

Zevox

Smash Lord
^B Retreat/Growth
>B Spire
B Quake
vB Ragnarok

FS Judgement

Comments?
Looks like the type of move set I'd expect him to have, so I'd say its pretty good. Personally, my wish-list for his moves would be:

^B: Retreat/Teleport - Either name works, but basic concept is that he teleports like Mewtwo/Zelda, using the scattering/congealing bubbles animation.
>B: Quake - A wave of upturning earth travels in front of Isaac out to a medium range.
B: Gaia - The earth near Isaac erupts briefly, sending rocks flying. Chargeable to increase radius and size of rocks.
VB: Ragnarok - The sword materializes above and behind Isaac and catapults at a downward angle. Basically as seen in the original game's animation.

FS: Judgment - Self-explanatory.

Zevox

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
I've heard of other people wanting Isaac too, but I don't have a clue to as who he is. :psycho:

He seems like a interesting character with having a sword but not completely using it all the time, with all the moves that was given he is an element character? I dunno who he is, but he's on my Brawllist now.
This is why I say we need a new thread. I like how big this one's gotten, but the OP doesn't have basic char info, pictures, potential movesets, list of supporters, debunking of common arguments(honestly, the only one I've seen for Isaac is that he uses a sword, or maybe he's not popular enough, which is false), or anything that the other threads have.

Of course, it's way too close to release for any of this anyway, so meh.

To answer your question, Isaac is the main character of Golden Sun, and a party member in Golden Sun: The Lost Age. It was an incredibly unique game, revolving around the use of magical powers called Psynergy. Go and give it a whirl, it should be down to 10 bucks or less by now.

We all want him in Brawl not only because his game was awesome, but because he has the potential for an incredibly unique moveset, and all the great music from his games would be a welcome addition to Brawl.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Or I could try it.

People have been saying I should do it. I'm done with my Finals now so I don't really have any excuses!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Or I could try it.

People have been saying I should do it. I'm done with my Finals now so I don't really have any excuses!
*Points to the miracles i worked in the link on the claus thread*
Or you could do the first post and i do the second? IDK, You could do it also, Whatever works best :p (And i can give you info to add onto it.)

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
*Points to the miracles i worked in the link on the claus thread*
Or you could do the first post and i do the second? IDK, You could do it also, Whatever works best :p (And i can give you info to add onto it.)
Then it's settled, isn't it? Bassoonist makes the new Isaac thread, and thethirdkoopa helps with it.

Be sure to include djinns as Isaac's smashes!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Then it's settled, isn't it? Bassoonist makes the new Isaac thread, and thethirdkoopa helps with it.

Be sure to include djinns as Isaac's smashes!
I Guess so :laugh: And we will be sure to include the full moveset and have other fellow isaac supporters add stuff in :p, I Might as well get to work for what bassonist should add on there (Like common anti-arguements and reasons for his inclusion.) :D.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I agree. Even if you place one moveset prominently in the original post, you should still link to all the other movesets we have made. Here's my old one, for starters. You should also probably include a small section on Felix, and possibly Alex and a few other characters. Maybe you can have a section on how Golden Sun could fit into the game in general, including sections on Stages, Music, ATs, items, and so forth.

Isaac doesn't really have many anti-arguments, and none that are actually any good. All that comes to mind are:
"too many swords" - The argument is bugus in and of itself, and as we all know, he's got much more than a sword to use for a moveset.
"Not old enough, not new enough" - This argument is riduculous too. If a character is important, he/she/it will get in.
"Series is dead" - Not any more dead than Pikmin. Both series will get a sequel eventually, but Nintendo hasn't begun work on Pikmin 3, nor has Camelot on Golden Sun.
"Series isn't important" - The GS games are critically-acclaimed, and Nintendo wants Camelot to develop a sequel.
"Series isn't popular" - It seems popular enough to me, and it's also an internationally-released series, so even poor, unappreciated Europe knows the character. Besides, characters don't get in just on popularity alone.
"Isn't Isaac third-party?" - No, Nintendo owns the full rights to the characters and music.
"He looks like Cloud" - After considering this, I really don't think Isaac has a chance at all, guys. We should just give up. ;)
"He would be too awesone" - Indeed.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I've actually started working on it. I'll send ThirdKoopa my parts, and he can do his parts and tell me my innaccuracies (I haven't played through Golden Sun in at least 3 years...). Which why I want to say right now can you do the story part, ThirdKoopa? :laugh:

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
so even poor, unappreciated Europe knows the character.
Hell, I'm european and Isaac is really well-known around here (at least in Spain). I don't know even a single one gamer that doesn't know who he is. And that comments about Europe... Hey, we have rights too, even if most people around here are americans D:

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
Sick!! We are starting a new thread for Isaac, w00t a new updated version is gona be awesome. We should include a few made up movesets that could be likely for reference. :)

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Yeah, that new thread will be amazing, and with the lack of arguments, and Isaac's likeabale look and personality (among other things), I'm sure he'll become a crowd favorite (at least I hope).

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Yeah, I always thought Isaac was kind of like Ridley in that there weren't any -real- arguments against him. I think Isaac is in a better position than Ridley though, because Ridley's series already has reps, whereas Golden Sun is the most deserving new series next to Pikmin.

Of course Ridley does have the poll going for him, but so does Isaac!

Top Bottom