• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Zevox

Smash Lord
I really like the recolors. Its probably just because I've always been a fan of water above the other elements, but the blue one is my favorite (followed by the white Sheba-theme one). If Isaac gets into Brawl, recolors of that nature would be absolutely perfect for him.

Zevox

courte

Smash Lord
i LUVVV maces

i think one of his smash or b attacks that needs a weapon influenced by a djinn(like flint) should switch out the melee weapon of equal length like peach :smile: wtf theres no smile?! :chuckle:

Arteen

Smash Lord
I think Sheba would be cool with a mace. Sheba for Brawl!

Is it just me, or would Alex be a cool character to have in Brawl?
Indeed, he would. He certainly would fit perfectly for a second Golden Sun representative. He's important to the story, he fulfills the "antagonist" role, and even the "protagonist" role, technically, and he could have a very unique moveset. I would love to see Sheba, Alex, or Mia as a second rep.

I really like the recolors. Its probably just because I've always been a fan of water above the other elements, but the blue one is my favorite (followed by the white Sheba-theme one). If Isaac gets into Brawl, recolors of that nature would be absolutely perfect for him.
Thanks! I hope that (assuming he's in) the artists put the same amount of effort into designing Isaac's costume colors as they have for many of the other characters (as evidenced by Samus' Phazon and Fusion themes, Mario's fire theme, and Link's Dark costume, among others). I agree (obviously ;)) that Isaac's recolors should be based on different elements and characters, hence the Felix/Venus theme and Sheba/Jupiter theme, along with more generic Mercury and Mars themes. They seem to look very good on him, in my humble opinion :).

Pulse

Smash Apprentice
I actually have a moveset for his specials and Final Smash, so I guess I should just put them down here:

Up Special Move: Move
A large, white glove appears below Isaac, and slowly pushes him upwards.

Down Special Move: Set Dijinn
A tiny dijinn jumps out of his sword, and another one jumps in as that squchie sound from the games plays when you are just wondering and a dijinn sets itself. The move is something of a transformation, though Isaac's A moves are basicly unchanged, except for elemental differnces. The order is always Venus->Mars->Jupiter->Mercury->Venus.

Standard Special Move (Venus): Grand Gaia
Isaac begins to charge his attack, which sends out a wave of rocks, changing in size depending on how long you charge it.

Side Special Move (Venus): Odyssy(Spelled it wrong, I know)
Isaac shoots a small, sword-shaped ray in front of himself. If it hits, two small swods and a giant sword impale the enemy.

Standard Special Move (Mars): Searing Beam
Isaac Charges this move as well. At full power, it can go throgh enemies, instead of just stopping at the first one.

Side Special Move (Mars): Liquifier
Isaac throws a small fireball, which, upon hitting an enemy, explodes into a raging inferno.

Standard Special Move (Jupiter): Thunder Mine
Isaac throws a ball lighning at the foe, which has a weak homing abilty.

Side Special Move (Jupiter): Tempest
Isaac Summons three medium-sized torndos, which roam around the platform the first land on (ala a red shell) attacking indescrimiatly.

Standard Special Move (Mercury): Diamond Berg
Isaac creates a large ice block, which falls from the sky with about the same speed and power as S64's Kirby Rock. The attack can hurt Isaac too, so get out of the way before it lands!

Side Special Move (Mercury): Plume Edge
Isaac summonns a geyser directly in front of himself, lunching enemies into the air.

Final Smash: Summon Judgement
Judgement appears above the stage, and fires a large beam at the arena. The very edges serve as a safe zone. The beam is very powerful, and does not affect Issac, but has next to no knock-back.

Agosta44

Smash Ace
I love the recolors, especially the dark one w/ yellow and the Felix one. Have you tried the dark one with a darker shade of orange, or dark brown/black hair?

Pulse

Smash Apprentice
Iris just feels a little too over the top for a Final Smash. I wanted to make his moveset reflect all he was capable of, but the since he IS mainly a Venus Adept, I wanted to make the Final Smash the most powerful Venus-only Summon.

Also, Arteen, those recolors are astounding. Great work!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Ohh ok I really hope Isaac makes the roster, but many arguments is that there's already alot of swordsman is the game already
and that argument fails against Isaac. Isaac's moveset would revolve around his psynergy. Perhaps his standard attacks might use a sword, but who cares?

People are really getting annoying with this swordsman argument. There aren't that many swordsman in the game right now. Seriously, it's not a good argument in the first place.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
Iris just feels a little too over the top for a Final Smash. I wanted to make his moveset reflect all he was capable of, but the since he IS mainly a Venus Adept, I wanted to make the Final Smash the most powerful Venus-only Summon.

Also, Arteen, those recolors are astounding. Great work!
But Isaac can't even learn the Liquifier or Berg series of psynergies. Those were exclusive to Garet and Pier, respectively.

Joecool

Smash Journeyman
I know I hate that agrument aswell. Because metaknight,Link,Ike,Cel Link,Marth, and Ganondof all use swords, they think Isaac has no chance at all.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Ohh ok I really hope Isaac makes the roster, but many arguments is that there's already alot of swordsman is the game already
We've already been through this before 100 times. Theres more unarmed characters then any other type.

Kirby knight

Smash Lord
*coughNessandLucascough*
The only reason why Ness and Lucas are borrowed other PSI moves from other characters was that, they didn't have enough moves on their own in order to form a good moveset.

Does Issac have such moveset problems? Even with his default class of Earth Adept, Issac has a ton of moveset variations. He doesn't need to take anything from his other party members assuming of course they're giving him his sole elemental of Earth and not having him represent all 4 elemental types equally in his moveset. I really hope they choose to make Issac a true Earth adept if he was to make it.

I know I hate that agrument aswell. Because metaknight,Link,Ike,Cel Link,Marth, and Ganondof all use swords, they think Isaac has no chance at all.
That argument could work if: Issac was very similar to the above characters. If Issac and the other sword users only used the same fighting style of swords.

Also could you please give me your opinion on their being so many unarmed characters in Brawl? They out-number weapon users by alot.

-Knight

AlbelNox

Smash Journeyman
My god xDDD when have Cel Link been confirmed? And when did Ganondorf not only get confirmed, but with his sword as well?

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
[FONT=Times New Roman
[FONT=Times New Roman]That argument could work if: Issac was very similar to the above characters. If Issac and the other sword users only used the same fighting style of swords.

Also could you please give me your opinion on their being so many unarmed characters in Brawl? They out-number weapon users by alot.

-Knight
[/FONT]
Even among the characters he listed the only two that I could see attacking the same are Link and Cel Link and thats because they literally have the same style. The rest should fight fairly differently.

SuichimoTheDragoon

Smash Apprentice
When exactly did Cel Link get confirmed!?
Never said he was. I said out of the character the guy listed the only two I could possibly see fighting the same are the two Links. All the others would fight differently and Isaac would be massively different from them, especially with the use of djinni and psynergy.

Arteen

Smash Lord
All the others would fight differently and Isaac would be massively different from them, especially with the use of djinni and psynergy.
Indeed. Generic sword swipes would only be one aspect of his moveset; he has elemental psynergy, telekinetic psynergy, djinni, unleashes, and summons as well. It's also not like all sword-users are Marth clones, anyway. Even if Sakurai (for no good reason) didn't want to include more sword users, he could easily give Isaac an axe or mace, or even make him weaponless, and he would still have a great moveset.

Considering my recolors have been so well-received, I'm attempting to make a recolor for each character in the series, like I've done with Sheba and Felix. I've only done a few so far, and be warned, they don't all work as well as they did with Sheba and Felix.

Saturos (no face change)
Menardi (no face change)
Garet (no face change)
Ivan (no face change)

D

Deleted member

And they know that Marth and Cel Link are officially getting in.... why?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Indeed. Generic sword swipes would only be one aspect of his moveset; he has elemental psynergy, telekinetic psynergy, djinni, unleashes, and summons as well. It's also not like all sword-users are Marth clones, anyway. Even if Sakurai (for no good reason) didn't want to include more sword users, he could easily give Isaac an axe or mace, or even make him weaponless, and he would still have a great moveset.

Considering my recolors have been so well-received, I'm attempting to make a recolor for each character in the series, like I've done with Sheba and Felix. I've only done a few so far, and be warned, they don't all work as well as they did with Sheba and Felix.

Saturos (no face change)
Menardi (no face change)
Garet (no face change)
Ivan (no face change)
Love the Saturos one

D

Deleted member

I guarantee he'll be using the sword from his official artwork. This is probably gonna be the Gaia Blade.

A good FS could be Judgment or something, but judging by the way Sakurai is thinking, it could be totaly original!

VVayfarer

Smash Journeyman
I guarantee he'll be using the sword from his official artwork. This is probably gonna be the Gaia Blade.

A good FS could be Judgment or something, but judging by the way Sakurai is thinking, it could be totaly original!
I think that Sol Blade and Megiddo would represent the series more, but i guess Sakurai could come up with something better.

Well, everything is okay as long as Isaac is in Brawl.

D

Deleted member

Oi, VVayfarer, you been stealing my sig?! Lol.

I don;t know about the Sol Blade. Technically, it can be used by both lead adepts, so if Felix was included, it would be his usual weapon.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
I dunno man, am I the only one that just doesn't like Felix at all? It was lame that they didn't really do anything to differentiate him from Isaac in the second game, and I never liked him much in the first.

Besides, I really doubt if Golden Sun gets a second rep(doubtful until Smash Bros. 4) that it would be Felix, although after Felix, pretty much everyone else is equally important, so I guess it would be up to Sakurai's discretion.

Me? I'd like Garet or Ivan. Nobody seems to like them much around here...

D

Deleted member

I liked Felix slightly better than Isaac.

Isaac seems a little too squeaky clean for my liking, doing exactly what he is told to save Weyard. Felix I guess is the anti-hero of the story, what with being on the bad guys' side, but still saving Sheba. He's slightyl darker and grittier.

But both Felix and Isaac are equally strong.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I dunno man, am I the only one that just doesn't like Felix at all? It was lame that they didn't really do anything to differentiate him from Isaac in the second game, and I never liked him much in the first.

Besides, I really doubt if Golden Sun gets a second rep(doubtful until Smash Bros. 4) that it would be Felix, although after Felix, pretty much everyone else is equally important, so I guess it would be up to Sakurai's discretion.
Yeah, not the biggest Felix fan either.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
lol go easy on the guy. He never said he didn't want Isaac in brawl, he was just saying that a lot of people keep repeating that sword argument and that he doesn't like it either. I'm sure he knew that those characters weren't confirmed, but the people who are against Isaac for that reason know there are only three sword users confirmed and need to go on about these characters like they were sure things in order for their argument not to seem so weak.

Regardless it's still because as many others pointed out there are already way "too many" unarmed fighters. Does that mean

and Yeah I didn't really like Felix either, no idea why not though.

D

Deleted member

To each his own. I played TLA first, so that may have something to do wth it.

BOTH should be in Brawl. That represents a major handheld franchise well enough.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Isaac in Brawl! Now that would be epic.
I think the movesets need some work tough. Wouldn't Megiddo be a better Final Smash?
I think Judgment would be much more fitting for a final smash, and I think something Megiddo-ish would work as a recovery move.

I think Titian Blade is cooler and more practical the Megiddo
I think most people here expect Ragnarok as a move, so Titan Blade would just be another ethereal sword attack, while Megiddo would be more interesting. I always gave the Sol Blade to Isaac and I've always liked him more.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
lol go easy on the guy. He never said he didn't want Isaac in brawl, he was just saying that a lot of people keep repeating that sword argument and that he doesn't like it either. I'm sure he knew that those characters weren't confirmed, but the people who are against Isaac for that reason know there are only three sword users confirmed and need to go on about these characters like they were sure things in order for their argument not to seem so weak.
If that's the case, I apologize. I thought he was just trolling, I guess I'm not good at picking up intarweb sarcasm anymore.

Anyways, I probably don't like Felix because I was disappointed with TLA as a whole. I don't know why, but when the first game came out, it was like nothing I'd ever seen before, but the second one didn't really add anything new...like, at all. Plus it sort of dragged on..I suppose since Felix was the main character of that game, my hostility gets channeled to him automatically.

I know they were supposed to be two parts of the same whole and all that, so it makes sense that they were the same, but I don't know, when games are 2-3 years apart, I expect a few changes..Maybe I'm just nitpicking.

Top Bottom