• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Krell

Smash Journeyman
i'd expect isaac to have more flow to his moves, beauty and grace as seen in magicians mixed in with the effective swordsman ship of generic european fighter dude with sword... my i hate lotr one on one fights... well they've made ike so elegant in his own brutish way so if isaac in included i can only imagine it will be art in motion
The word dude ruined your eloquent speech.
It still touched me, however. You make a great point and I hope you are correct.
Isaac is, after all, less of a brute than Ike or Link....

A graceful challenger is approaching...!
(let's hope)

Durbl Piij

Smash Cadet
So does nobody think that Isaac could be a starter? Or do you think we would have seen him by now if he was?

Isaac kind of strikes me as someone who would be in the starter roster. I don't know, since Sakurai said that you unlock most characters through the Subspace Emissary, I am sort of wondering how Isaac would fit in. He doesn't really strike me as the type to cross over series. I'd love it if he did, but I can't really see him wandering about with Mario (especialy since they are rivals in that competition thing linked in the first post of this page, VOTE 1 ISAAC if you havent...) or wandering along with Pikachu. Actually, Pikachu wouldn't be so bad, not too different to a djinni. But yeah, Isaac, or Felix, just didn't really have a lot of personality, like even less than Link! A simple nod every now and then...

I hope I am wrong. i am sure I could see it if it was going to happen though. If he is playable, what do you guys reckon his part in the Subspace Emissary could be? Maybe the Subspace Army steals the Elemental Stars? Just an idea...

Arteen

Smash Lord
...or wandering along with Pikachu. Actually, Pikachu wouldn't be so bad, not too different to a djinni.
I take back what I said before. Isaac and Pikachu would be an awesome pair for SSE.

So does nobody think that Isaac could be a starter? Or do you think we would have seen him by now if he was?
I think that he has a chance at being a starting character, but he's more likely to be unlockable. I think he could be a starter if Sakurai wants the starting roster to represent a large variety of series. But it could end up like Melee, where a handful of characters from new series are hidden (FE, G&W). I don't think that Isaac is popular enough or notable enough to be a starting character.

On the other hand, Ice Climbers were a starting character, the FE characters were likely hidden because they were Japan-only, and MrG&W was hidden because he was such a unique, special character. Maybe he could be a starter. I would love it if he were.

But yeah, Isaac, or Felix, just didn't really have a lot of personality, like even less than Link! A simple nod every now and then...
Actually, I think they have slightly more personality than Link, but only slightly, at least when compared to Adult Link.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Should definitely be a summon IMO. I'd go with either Judgment, Apocalypse, Eclipse, or Charon myself, with a preference for Judgment.

Zevox

Agosta44

Smash Ace
Judgement is most likely, but Apocalypse>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Judgement

I really hope he's in. Hell, I plan on pulling a gimpy and main him, no matter how good, or bad, he is.

Arteen

Smash Lord
By Apocalypse, you mean Catastrophe, right?

Catastrophe wouldn't fit since it doesn't use any Venus djinni; it uses Mars and Jupiter djinni. Now, if we had Sheba (or Jenna) in as well, she could use Catastrophe.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Yea but Isaac's representing Golden Sun, not Earth-Type characters of Golden Sun. Besides, you can always switch the djinnin around, where Isaac doesn't even have to be using venus djinnis

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
But yeah, Isaac, or Felix, just didn't really have a lot of personality, like even less than Link! A simple nod every now and then....
I honestly disagree, I think they had plenty of personality. It is clearly evident through the way the other characters interact with you, and also what is said about you.

Also how they talk to you; when your asked a question, there is always an expectation of the answer, evident in the dialogue after you choose yes or no.

There is clearly a defined personality for both Isaac and Felix, through interaction, the story, the moral choices Isaac and Felix have to make, as well as what your own mind may define for less certain aspects of their characters. Less personality than Link? Not even close.

Remember that they also talk individually themselves at one point or another.

Dave

Zevox

Smash Lord
By Apocalypse, you mean Catastrophe, right?

Catastrophe wouldn't fit since it doesn't use any Venus djinni; it uses Mars and Jupiter djinni. Now, if we had Sheba (or Jenna) in as well, she could use Catastrophe.
Yeah, got the name mixed up. Don't see why the summon needs to match the djinni it uses to his element though - obvious for the single-element ones thats most appropriate, but the multi-element ones strike me as more general use ones not tied to any given character, and you can mix and match djinni at will anyway. I simply selected the summons I did because I feel they're the most impressive visually and the most widely used in the games themselves.

Zevox

Viral

Smash Apprentice
It makes sense that they'd focus earth since that's his main element. If he's in the game I wouldn't be too surprised if all he had were earth djinn movesets.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
Haha I know, I was speaking generally though.

Plus since he's most likely to be pure earth based, Judgement would be his final smash anyway.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I'd rather Isaac to have Venus dijnn/psyenergy, just because earth happens to be my favorite element. But as long as Isaac makes it in, who cares what moves he has?

Agosta44

Smash Ace
I'd rather Isaac to have Venus dijnn/psyenergy, just because earth happens to be my favorite element. But as long as Isaac makes it in, who cares what moves he has?
I care. The only thing worse than not getting the character I want, is getting said character and him being absolutely awful.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
Well of course ;). Most of us don't mind what he'll be like as long as he's in there, this is all just speculation and banter to keep us occupied until we see if he's in or not.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
If he made it in and sucked, I'd love to main him gimpy style... :p

I'd rather him be below/average tier so not everyone will use him, only the people that really like him.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
If he made it in and sucked, I'd love to main him gimpy style... :p

I'd rather him be below/average tier so not everyone will use him, only the people that really like him.

Durbl Piij

Smash Cadet
I dont think that people really think that they don't care what moves he has, it's just that they have enough faith in Sakurai to make sure every character has a reasonable moveset.

I also hope that he isn't too over powered. If he is top tier then people will go him just for that. There is a lot more respect in the ones who are awesome with lower tier characters.

Oh, and I hope that Isaac is in the game! I have to keep coming back to it. He is getting around a lot, and there is a little bit in his favour, at least with the music guys. That's more than what some others have.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
As I have said before link is the true bearer of the sword!
And bomb bearer, bow bearer, boomerang bearer, ocarina bearer, need I go on...

But on to my main point.
I think Isaac would most likely have an earth based moveset as well as final smash. Earth represents him best and it is very, very unique in Brawl. Aside from some earthquake attacks, and PT's Rock Crusher, I cannot think of any real "earth"moves. It would make him more unique, and as I said, as an FS, Judgment would represent his character better than anything else.

I also hope that he isn't too over powered. If he is top tier then people will go him just for that. There is a lot more respect in the ones who are awesome with lower tier characters.
I personally do not see him being top teir material. He wouldn't be outstandingly fast or strong, I would guess Mid- Teir. Just opinion though. As long as he's better than Roy....

courte

Smash Lord
game first "tireS" later lol

and sage i agree he is the bearer of a couple of swords the master sword, light sword, hero sword, wooden sword, kokiri sword, ordon sword, and four sword just to name a few

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I personally do not see him being top teir material. He wouldn't be outstandingly fast or strong, I would guess Mid- Teir. Just opinion though. As long as he's better than Roy....
Trust me, you cant tell a character's tier from looks. Peach is high tier...

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Mewtwo, the most powerful of Pokemon! lawl...

But really, Isaac needs to be updated one of these days. This whole moveset discussion is getting old. We know he'll have a sword and Earth based moveset, and probably a summon for his FS, but we can't speculate past that..

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Yeah but they broke Peach when first implementing her and made the odd decision to break her further in Brawl.

Her down smash and forward throw? Augh don't even start me on how much I hate that wench.

Broken Isaac for Brawl!

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I think we will see him appear mid-January. I really doubt Corocoro is going to reveal much if anything.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think we will see him appear mid-January. I really doubt Corocoro is going to reveal much if anything.
Well, Coro Coro is going to put 30 characters in their issue apparently.

That means, at least 1 new characters is going to be in...more than that in fact

Gundo

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo, the most powerful of Pokemon! lawl...

But really, Isaac needs to be updated one of these days. This whole moveset discussion is getting old. We know he'll have a sword and Earth based moveset, and probably a summon for his FS, but we can't speculate past that..
if anything, I believe his FS would be Judgement, since it takes ONLY ground djinni... But thats just me. I'll just be happy if he is even in Brawl.

Viral

Smash Apprentice
Maybe they meant 30 unannounced characters?(doubtful but meh) Didn't Sakurai say that there would be a huge amount of characters in Brawl? a lot more than Melee. An increase or 4 from the last game doesn't sound like much.

53 characters sounds a bit much but hey, i'm not complaining.

Edit: AlbelNox's post :D. My bad.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
How can a magazine get 30 pages of information about brawl if the game isn't released. It will either be giving A LOT of information we already know, or A LOT of information we want kept secret :\.

For now I'm not believeing much in the CoroCoro magazine.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
The game can get that kind of information, because Sakurai can give it to them.

Corocoro has revealed things for games before, and Brawl will be no different. How much they reveal may be little, may be big news, anything now though is all speculation. They may reveal at least ONE new thing. (I'm guessing even more than that.)

Top Bottom