• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
Well i guess it depends on luck. If he doesn't use Djinn storm or that Dark Summon too much its easier to win.
Or if you just Summon rush him

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
lol, what I would do in tough battles was have divide 1 of each elemental character into 2 teams.
f.ex
team one: Felix, Garett, Sheba, Piers
team two: Isaac, Jenna, Ivan, Mia

on team one, I would set all the djinni on standby (when they're red)
on team two, I wouldn't touch anything.

I would start the battle with team one, and use my strongest summons on the enemy to get rid of a fair amount of his hp. then I would keep using djinni and summons until the party died. Then with team two I would attack normally, while using Isaac to revive my fallen members, and use Ivan's position to switch between my fallen members. When he would use djinni storm, I'd use some of my healing items if badly needed, and just attack him. Then I went on like that :]

That's my strategy for all the hard bosses.

P.S. My teams are always the same because my sacrifice team (team one) are that I like least of each element (although sometimes I switch Felix and Isaac around).

Wilfio

Smash Rookie
i think i just got lucky with dullahan with summon rushing him, i found star magician much harder. ****ING HEALING ORBS

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
As long as Claus goes down with him, I won't feel bad, because that'll at least mean that the two veterans made it.

This thread finally reached 1k posts.

courte

Smash Lord
what was our isaac related conversation before dullahan and the vote again??

Arteen

Smash Lord
Dullahan was pretty hard if you didn't summon-rush him. I barely beat him.
And Alex's final smash could be that Ice robot summon.
Snow cone machine of death for a final smash? Awesome.

i think it's unanimous --Alex is the second most wanted GS Char Rep
Indeed. I am surprised that no one has made a moveset for him yet. I might try my hand at it sometime.

Also, I voted. Go Isaac!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Please, as Rubydragon said before, enter here ( http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=3445488&posted=1#post3445488 ) and vote Isaac, or he's gonna loose.
I don't see how voting in that could influence Isaac's inclusion in Brawl, so really it seems pointless to me. I mean you can have them, but constantly posting in this topic about it is kind of over the top, considering the fact that if he doesn't make it to the next round it doesn't mean he won't be in Brawl.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
I don't see how voting in that could influence Isaac's inclusion in Brawl, so really it seems pointless to me. I mean you can have them, but constantly posting in this topic about it is kind of over the top, considering the fact that if he doesn't make it to the next round it doesn't mean he won't be in Brawl.
Who said it would? It's just for fun, to show your support, and see how many characters he can beat ^_^

Kick their ***** Isaac! xD

Dave

Viral

Smash Apprentice
It won't influence anybody's inclusion in brawl, it's just a forum game to help keep people occupied until release day. Anywho I voted and hopefully Isaac can edge out Samus.

Oh and Isaac for brawl \m/

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I've already stated it wouldn't influence his chances, but seeing a character like Isaac demolish hot shots like Mario and Claus is always a nice sight. :)

Arteen

Smash Lord
Just an aside: In today's update, Sakurai stated, "You can earn most characters by playing through Adventure Mode: The Subspace Emissary." I think this is great news, because I was thinking that many of the secret characters wouldn't have a role in SE, similar to how many didn't have a role in Melee's adventure mode. Some other people probably already expected that secret characters would have a role, but now I can feel confident about it. I was worried that Isaac wouldn't make an appearance in the story.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
True, but I've stopped worrying about Isaac. No point losing sleep over it anymore.

If he is in, he'll definitely be in SSE. I think the only guys that won't are people Sakurai would have trouble implementing into a story mode(Game and Watch), or those whose series is overrepresented(no need for PT, Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, and whoever else all in SSE, right?). There'll still be your Event Match and Classic unlocks, and probably 2-3 from the Stadium, but the vast majority should still be involved in SSE.

Seeing Isaac in there will be awesome. Especially if he ends up in some kind of swordsman team with Ike, Link, Pit, etc.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I think Isaac and Link would make a great pair for SSE. As for a team, Isaac, Link, Pit, and Marth would be awesome.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I think SSE is gonna be all about branching paths. It doesn't make sense to me for Diddy to leave DK alone and then go help Fox, or leave Fox to go with DK.

I think you can only do one at a time, or rather, that's what I'm hoping, because it will give SSE a -ton- of replay value, especially if there's any differences between the difficulties, like hidden characters you can only unlock on normal or harder, etc.

What I'm saying is, Link can be on different teams, depending on the choices you've made, and hopefully one of those will be an all swordsmen team with Isaac, Ike, whoever.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I'd still prefer Isaac/Ike/Pit/Meta Knight, because those happen to be my favorite characters so far (if Isaac makes it in, of course). And having Pit's Light arrows, with Meta Knight's speedy sword, and Ike's killer swordstrikes, and Isaac's awesome psyenergy... I think it would be amazing.

courte

Smash Lord
back to just isaac?? not to be a ****, even though this is what it's gonna sound like

but you guys are talking like you've got your hopes up--i am on your side, but if this conversation continues ill be sucked into believing he'll really appear in the game

((the trick is not to expect him, so if you're right it won't hurt so much, and if you're wrong OMG WHAT A SURPRISE!! :lick:

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
back to just isaac?? not to be a ****, even though this is what it's gonna sound like

but you guys are talking like you've got your hopes up--i am on your side, but if this conversation continues ill be sucked into believing he'll really appear in the game

((the trick is not to expect him, so if you're right it won't hurt so much, and if you're wrong OMG WHAT A SURPRISE!! :lick:
I'm kinda used to having my hopes crushed, but this time I sincerely believe he's going to be in.

Anyways, we've discussed the moveset to death, and that DEFINITELY assumes that he's in, so why not other aspects of his character, like role in SSE?

For example, I'd be interested in seeing his original rendering, and what kind of things they could do for alternate costumes. Dark Isaac would be sweet.

Then there's his intro and taunts....I suppose he could ride in on one of the huge Psynergy Swords, or just Teleport into the arena, although that would be sort of lame.

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
I agree.

I think Isaac should kind of have to 'learn' what the good side is, like in the Lost Age. And have like Ike or someone fight him, and bring him to his senses. But maybe two times would make Isaac seem stupid... :p

Arteen

Smash Lord
I think Isaac should kind of have to 'learn' what the good side is, like in the Lost Age. And have like Ike or someone fight him, and bring him to his senses. But maybe two times would make Isaac seem stupid... :p
Don't be too hard on Isaac. If a gigantic, floating, psychic, cyclopic boulder with magical powers told me to do something, I wouldn't question it. :p

But seriously, I also think that would be a good idea for SSE.

Machspeed

Smash Lord
Golden Sun 1 + 2 = The best GBA game of all time. I played that game for hours when I first got it.

Isaac was the most BA character, and I remember using Ragnarok with him to destroy people.

That being said, Isaac for Brawl!

Top Bottom