• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac (Golden Sun) in SSBB thread

Arteen

Smash Lord
Would you all want Isaac to bring along a friend??
A friend or even an enemy would be nice.

Garet-I don't think he would be that interesting, especially compared to the other choices. He doesn't have any interesting psynergy, and there are enough fire moves in SSB already. Ike already has the fire-enhanced slow sword user angle covered. Certainly, it would be interesting to see a moveset based around fire itself (as opposed to movesets with fiery effects, like Roy or Falcon), and he could be an axe user, but I don't think it's worth it.

Ivan-He and Sheba would both be rather similar. If one of them got in, I think that Sheba would get the edge because she has a much cooler final smash possibilty (Catastrophe).

Mia-There's a good variety of possible water and ice moves that she could use, not to mention possible white-magic-esque moves too. She's a healer who uses a staff, so her physical attacks would be unique, too. She's also an interesting and important character in her own right. She could have a great moveset.

Felix-He would end up as a slower, more powerful clone of Isaac with a few different moves. I'd rather have a unique character instead, but if it was clone or nothing, I'd take clone.

Jenna-She could be interesting, but I don't think she would be interesting enough. She could use a short sword or staff, and she could use fire-based psynergy for a variety of attacks, but unless her moveset fully utilizes fire in non-derivative way, I don't think that she would end up being very unique or interesting.

Sheba-Catastrophe would be an awesome final smash, and it would make a great counterpart to Isaac's Judgment. Very few characters in SSB make much use out of wind or lightning. She could have some very neat wind-based evasive moves or attacks, along with lightning-enhanced close-range moves. She could easily have a fun, unique moveset.

Piers-Psynergy-wise, ice and water would make for some very unique moves. Diamond Berg anyone? As for physical moves, he would be a slow sword or axe user. Making him a sword user would be dull, but how neat would an axe-wielding ice-and-water adept be? He's also very important to the story. But personally, I would prefer Alex over him.

Saturos-He falls into the same category as Garet and Jenna. I don't think that any of them have a good amount of interesting psynergy, and Brawl hardly needs more fire.

Menardi-She has a scythe. That's awesome. Unfortunately, she is slightly less important than Saturos (e.g. players face Saturos alone once, then the two together.). She would be similar to Karst, and I think Karst would get the edge over her since Karst was slightly more important than Agatio in TLA, whereas Menardi was slightly less important than Saturos in GS1.

Agatio-He's a fire user with slow but strong punches. Basically, he's a Falcon/Ganondorf clone who can cast spells. That's not very interesting. He's also not that important to the story, so I don't think he has a shot anyway.

Karst-A scythe user would be very interesting and very unique, even if she is a fire adept. I would hope that she would get a good balance between scythe attacks and fire-based psynergy, and that all of her fire moves weren't simply making the scythe flaming. She isn't the most important character in the series, but I think that she has a better shot than Menardi or Agatio, and is tied with Saturos, as far as antagonists go.

Alex-He would be awesome. He could have a great variety of ice and water attacks. He also seems to carry around a dagger, so whether he went weaponless or used a dagger, he could have unique physical attacks. He would primarily rely on water or ice though, which would be very fun. He's also important to the story in both games, and especially in the ending, so he's a deserving character.

Kraden-He would be so awesome. I'd rather have him than Isaac!

Of those possibilities, I would prefer Mia, Sheba, or Alex, or maybe Karst. I want Mia the most.

courte

Smash Lord
good point

If Isaac is even in, i would love another golden sun rep. But i don't want to hope for too much.
If there were multiple characters though I would love to see Saturos and Menardi.

I would like Isaac to have either the Gaia blade or Sol blade, with special art (unlike how in GS every sword looks the same in battle). If not one of those maybe Excalibur...just because it looks cool.
not in response to your first comment no offense but in your second one you bring up another important topic of discussion--as we know link is tied to the master sword and all the lords of fire emblem have their own weapon of destiny

where as golden sun is a less prophetical type of rpg than the usual nintendo lot, wouldn't it be possible for isaac's weapon appearance to change if he is added

not so much from one weapon classification to another
[[a. light blade in one battle and a mace in another would make for either illogical speed and loads of other problems i don't want to list
b. a lot of programming to show how that your outfit determines your attack speed which would be unfair]]

instead im suggesting if he were included the developers choose one weapon and all the types of that weapon in the game to change--im going to use light blade as an example :chuckle:--no nonsense of changing the sword's width or length, simply the color or design on/of it

merely in appearance though which would mean no elementally attributed weapons as isaac is of earth element anyway

opinions??

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
@Arteen: I'd rather see Menardi in than Karst. For some reason, she's my favourite enemy (along with Alex) and her scythe would of course bring an a.maz.ing. moveset. Menardi for brawl! :]

Lord0fCookies

Smash Rookie
instead im suggesting if he were included the developers choose one weapon and all the types of that weapon in the game to change--im going to use light blade as an example --no nonsense of changing the sword's width or length, simply the color or design on/of it
Ah alright, I misunderstood.

It would be cool for him to have just one weapon and have its design change with each color. If they developers took that route they could easily give his weapon at least 6 unique designs/colors. In this case i would like to see him with the generic sword.

In the regard to fire emblem characters having their own weapon, Isaac wouldn't really need to have a specific sword because his psynergy would be what makes him unique to brawl. It's not like Ike runs around causing earthquakes and summoning vines from out of nowhere.

courte

Smash Lord
Ah alright, I misunderstood.

It would be cool for him to have just one weapon and have its design change with each color. If they developers took that route they could easily give his weapon at least 6 unique designs/colors. In this case i would like to see him with the generic sword.

In the regard to fire emblem characters having their own weapon, Isaac wouldn't really need to have a specific sword because his psynergy would be what makes him unique to brawl. It's not like Ike runs around causing earthquakes and summoning vines from out of nowhere.
actually since you bring that up there is so much potential for this character--with mix and match djinni, there are all sorts of possible psynergy attack

lol isaac dsmash --he punches the ground and the earthquakes with short area and high knockback--like samus's but less visible

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Definitely, and if I got to pick it'd be Mia, Piers, or Alex! Can anybody guess my favorite element? XD

RenegadeRaven

Smash Ace
I dont think we need any more swordsmen, because we already have 6: (off the top of my head)

Metanight
Pit (sort of)
Roy
Marth
Link
Young Link

but if they add a Golden Sun person and they have to take out one of the old swordsmen I hope its Marth, plus Ashnard is going to be in the game.
The number of swordsmen in the game is completely irrelevant. One can just as easily say that we have too much non-swordsmen in the game. Just because we have a lot does not mean we should neglect other swordsmen from being in the game. The swordsmen have just as much a chance in the game as those without swords.

---

Anyway, Issac would be a create addition to brawl and they should had another. Preferably from only the first Golden Sun game.

courte

Smash Lord
I dont think we need any more swordsmen, because we already have 6: (off the top of my head)

Metanight
Pit (sort of)
Roy
Marth
Link
Young Link

but if they add a Golden Sun person and they have to take out one of the old swordsmen I hope its Marth, plus Ashnard is going to be in the game.
ashnard doubful-yet you're missing ike??

so do you think we need more not swordsmen or are you simply against characters in general--what is your basis for this?? fact or theory?? anyone could argue against a character with projectiles or a gun

i think we should be glad that we have them to choose from--had this been a game developed by any of the other console competitors, there wouldn't be very much in the name of first party characters--fps has all but taken over the american market and neither sony nor microsoft has a history as deep as nintendo, and nintendo's losses and failures as a company aren't as glaring as they've lived through the generations [[the same can't exactly be said of sega]]

so it's because we have this rich diversity that we should take advantage of it--sorry i guess i took that a little to heart

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
The whole swordsman argument can't even be used against Isaac. -_-

RegalBuster

Smash Lord

Metanight
Pit (sort of)
Roy
Marth
Link
Young Link

there gonna drop Roy most likely and Ashnard may as a AT and no more.

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
There are no arguments against Isaac. The only thing that would stop him from getting in is simply not enough spots left in the roster.

courte

Smash Lord
there gonna drop Roy most likely and Ashnard may as a AT and no more.
a) why is fe even being brought up in this thread unless...
b) ...OMG IT'S Sakurai in disguise!! he knows everything about the game!! flood him with pm and make him collapse!!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yup, I noticed that and wondered why he quoted it. But yeah, for some reason some people still think it's a valid argument against Isaac. It's not. In any way.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Saturos would be nice please. Also what happened to him being confirmed last night? And the night before that hmmm?

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
A friend or even an enemy would be nice.

Garet-I don't think he would be that interesting, especially compared to the other choices. He doesn't have any interesting psynergy, and there are enough fire moves in SSB already. Ike already has the fire-enhanced slow sword user angle covered. Certainly, it would be interesting to see a moveset based around fire itself (as opposed to movesets with fiery effects, like Roy or Falcon), and he could be an axe user, but I don't think it's worth it.

Ivan-He and Sheba would both be rather similar. If one of them got in, I think that Sheba would get the edge because she has a much cooler final smash possibilty (Catastrophe).

Mia-There's a good variety of possible water and ice moves that she could use, not to mention possible white-magic-esque moves too. She's a healer who uses a staff, so her physical attacks would be unique, too. She's also an interesting and important character in her own right. She could have a great moveset.

Felix-He would end up as a slower, more powerful clone of Isaac with a few different moves. I'd rather have a unique character instead, but if it was clone or nothing, I'd take clone.

Jenna-She could be interesting, but I don't think she would be interesting enough. She could use a short sword or staff, and she could use fire-based psynergy for a variety of attacks, but unless her moveset fully utilizes fire in non-derivative way, I don't think that she would end up being very unique or interesting.

Sheba-Catastrophe would be an awesome final smash, and it would make a great counterpart to Isaac's Judgment. Very few characters in SSB make much use out of wind or lightning. She could have some very neat wind-based evasive moves or attacks, along with lightning-enhanced close-range moves. She could easily have a fun, unique moveset.

Piers-Psynergy-wise, ice and water would make for some very unique moves. Diamond Berg anyone? As for physical moves, he would be a slow sword or axe user. Making him a sword user would be dull, but how neat would an axe-wielding ice-and-water adept be? He's also very important to the story. But personally, I would prefer Alex over him.

Saturos-He falls into the same category as Garet and Jenna. I don't think that any of them have a good amount of interesting psynergy, and Brawl hardly needs more fire.

Menardi-She has a scythe. That's awesome. Unfortunately, she is slightly less important than Saturos (e.g. players face Saturos alone once, then the two together.). She would be similar to Karst, and I think Karst would get the edge over her since Karst was slightly more important than Agatio in TLA, whereas Menardi was slightly less important than Saturos in GS1.

Agatio-He's a fire user with slow but strong punches. Basically, he's a Falcon/Ganondorf clone who can cast spells. That's not very interesting. He's also not that important to the story, so I don't think he has a shot anyway.

Karst-A scythe user would be very interesting and very unique, even if she is a fire adept. I would hope that she would get a good balance between scythe attacks and fire-based psynergy, and that all of her fire moves weren't simply making the scythe flaming. She isn't the most important character in the series, but I think that she has a better shot than Menardi or Agatio, and is tied with Saturos, as far as antagonists go.

Alex-He would be awesome. He could have a great variety of ice and water attacks. He also seems to carry around a dagger, so whether he went weaponless or used a dagger, he could have unique physical attacks. He would primarily rely on water or ice though, which would be very fun. He's also important to the story in both games, and especially in the ending, so he's a deserving character.

Kraden-He would be so awesome. I'd rather have him than Isaac!

Of those possibilities, I would prefer Mia, Sheba, or Alex, or maybe Karst. I want Mia the most.
If Isaac did bring someone with him, I would want it to be either Jenna or Alex, maybe Felix.

zagman505

Smash Cadet
bah, you trust those 'sources'?

anyway, if there were to be more than one gs rep, then i would want either alex, sheba, or jenna (in order of preference). alex would definitely deserve the 2nd spot for me since he's really important to the story, plus as a super powerful mercury adept he'd be a really unique character for brawl. sheba because she's also somewhat important to the story, and because the higher level jupiter psynergies rock. and jenna because out of the many available mars adepts, she has probably the most unique psynergy set (going off normal class psynergies).

on that note, i'd much rather that isaac stick to venus psynergies, because while changing his class would allow him to use almost any psynergy, and would represent golden sun better overall, it just wouldn't feel right to be using psynergies of other types...

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
bah, you trust those 'sources'?

on that note, i'd much rather that isaac stick to venus psynergies, because while changing his class would allow him to use almost any psynergy, and would represent golden sun better overall, it just wouldn't feel right to be using psynergies of other types...
I am error_alt_delete and I support the thought in this quote.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Alex would be the coolest. I don't dislike Jenna, but as Arteen said Brawl is really overrepresenting fire. Alex would have water and ice, two underrepresented elements!

courte

Smash Lord
i think it's unanimous --Alex is the second most wanted GS Char Rep, because at this point, a water based moveset really does make sense[[mario and bowser!! mortal enemies who spit hot fire at each other]] ... at least in this thread i'd bet theres an alex thread but a villian without his hero is... odd

Rubydragon

Smash Ace
Actually, isn't Felix?

I'd rather not have Isaac bring along a friend, because there are other characters that...you know, sort of deserve more? A series with two games doesn't deserver over one representation, in my opinion.

EDIT:

Remember everyone:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=125751

Tomorrow I believe it's Isaac's turn to play against the big boys (and girl). Tomorrow we may see his downfall, so if it isn't too much trouble, please waste a minute of your life and vote for him. It will not alter him being included or not, but I'd like to see this guy go places.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
I think a Dullahan AT would be tight. Dullahan would come out and use Formina Sage (w/e it's called) to do significant damage to characters, or maybe he would use Djin storm and anyone who gets hit by it can't use their B moves for a minute.

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, he wouldn't be so hard if it weren't for Djinn Storm. You HAVE to be prepared for him. Everytime I have randomly encountered him in the colloseum area, I lose. He's broken all of my win streaks.

Dave the Perspicacious

Smash Journeyman
Nah, not the hardest at all. Then again, I just blitzed him with Daedalus summons. I didn't even have to do any extra levelling up ^_^

I can name, quite a lot more bosses that are way harder.

EDIT: Yeah, Djinn storm is a real *****

Dave

whiterob

Smash Journeyman
What? Dullahan was the only boss that gave me any trouble. All those bosses you guys mentioned I just attacked with Excaliburs/Sol Blade and then healed using Jenna. Piece of cake. Dullahan can take away all your djinn and summon Charon in the same turn.

Zevox

Smash Lord
What? Dullahan was the only boss that gave me any trouble. All those bosses you guys mentioned I just attacked with Excaliburs/Sol Blade and then healed using Jenna. Piece of cake. Dullahan can take away all your djinn and summon Charon in the same turn.
And then do a Formina Sage or that move that saps hp from your entire party and heals him just for kicks too. 3 moves per turn is pretty freakin' crazy on him. If he were controlled by a human intelligence he would never lose.

Zevox

Top Bottom